Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:49:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] MoneroX - A cross platform graphical account manager for Monero  (Read 88592 times)
krawallmining

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:40:24 PM

Ok, thanks for sharing these very useful information.
No doubt about the efforts of the Monero devs. Definitely best anon coin around, imho.

Is it normal that v0.39.0-alpha.2 doesn't even recognize my old wallet (which works in 0.38.1.)?
Seems to keep initializing forever.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jojatekok (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:26:04 AM

Monero Client .NET v0.39.0-alpha.3 has been released!
Please be aware that this is a test release, thus, it isn't being beamed by auto-update. You can download it from here.

Disclaimer

This release is experimental and should not be used in production, but for testing purposes only. It is meant to bring the core development team a bigger tester base for using the new daemon and rpcwallet.

There are some known bugs in this version which are already being worked on by the core development team:

• You must wait for the daemon to initialize its RPC service before entering your wallet password
    (Wait for the synchronization status icon to appear in the main window)

• You cannot create a new wallet, but use an already existing one

Have fun using the new build, and please give feedback about it, as it would be valuable for the entire Monero team.

Changes

• Added support for sending bigger (split) transactions
  • Improved stability by changing 'GET' requests' type to 'POST', as suggested in the JSON-RPC 2.0 Specification

Ok, thanks for sharing these very useful information.
No doubt about the efforts of the Monero devs. Definitely best anon coin around, imho.

Is it normal that v0.39.0-alpha.2 doesn't even recognize my old wallet (which works in 0.38.1.)?
Seems to keep initializing forever.

Well, I'm not sure about that, as the migration worked just fine for me back then... Please ensure that you don't enter your wallet passphrase before the daemon initializes, check whether rpcwallet.exe is running in the background after about 5 minutes, and inform me whether my software requests you to enter a password on startup. If these are not the symptoms, then try re-indexing your wallet file by deleting the '.bin', and keeping the '.bin.keys'. This can take up to 30 minutes, and after that, it automatically saves in 6 minutes.

Thanks for testing! Wink

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ
kcheel

Activity: 188
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:10:20 AM

I have an issue, if anyone can help with it.  I am running ver. 0.38.1 and it has worked fine for me.  Today was first time I have tried to send any coins out of it though and it goes non responsive every time I try to send.  Didn't know if this was a known problem or not.

Can you describe the issue more detailed, please? Does the program just simply hang, freeze, or crashes? If the last one is the case, please post the content of 'CrashLogs.txt' here, which can be found at the root of the software's directory.

Also, please check whether the simplewallet and bitmonerod processes are running after the transaction's initiation.

It just freezes up.  Wallet goes into "Not Responding" and will stay that way.  Have to force close it and reopen it back up.  Send will never go through.  As for your last suggestion, will check tomorrow as my system with wallet installed is at my work.  Mind explaining how to check those?
krawallmining

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:11:42 AM

Well, I'm not sure about that, as the migration worked just fine for me back then... Please ensure that you don't enter your wallet passphrase before the daemon initializes, check whether rpcwallet.exe is running in the background after about 5 minutes, and inform me whether my software requests you to enter a password on startup. If these are not the symptoms, then try re-indexing your wallet file by deleting the '.bin', and keeping the '.bin.keys'. This can take up to 30 minutes, and after that, it automatically saves in 6 minutes.
No password request shows up, GUI says initializing for the wallet. rpcwallet.exe never starts. I deleted the wallet.bin, but after half an hour, still nothing happened.
There is not much CPU activity to be seen, moneroclient.net.exe is idling at 1-2% and bitmonerod.exe does nothing.
krawallmining

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:30:57 PM

Et voila, 0.38.1 starts to crash again after playing around with the unstable releases (of course in different paths):
Code:
Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden
   bei System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   bei Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.BaseProcessManager.StartProcess(String[] arguments)
   bei Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.WalletManager.StartInternal()
   bei Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.MainWindow.StartWallet()
   bei Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.MainWindow.<>c__DisplayClass1.<.ctor>b__0(Object param0, EventArgs param1)
   bei System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindow(Boolean duringShow)
   bei System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   bei MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   bei MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   bei MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   bei MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   bei MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   bei MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   bei System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   bei System.Windows.Application.Run()
   bei Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.App.Main()
It happens after recognizing the wallet (e.g. after entering passwords when creating a new wallet). When there is a wallet already existing, it crashes even before the password prompt. Deleting blockchain doesn't make any difference.

I will certainly not recover my Windows backup again since I'm pretty sure now that it must be a bug in the app. Wink
bucktotal

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:54:26 PM

hi Jojatekok, (edit: its me the shoutout guy ^)

i got the client up and running (3.81) and sync'd with a new wallet. then i quit.

now, when i run the client, it does start syncing after a minute or two, but the wallet does not load. stays in "initializing"

i have no other processes or applications running that are using the wallet.bin (that i know of)...
any ideas?

edit 2: i have shutdown/restarted... no effect.

the crash log shows shows:

Code:
Unable to connect to the remote server
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.Helper.GetResponseString(HttpWebRequest request)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.RpcManagers.RpcWebClient.HttpGetData[T](RpcPortType portType, String command)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.DaemonManager.HttpGetData[T](String command)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.DaemonManager.QueryNetworkInformation()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()

The process cannot access the file 'WalletData\wallet.bin.keys' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.BackupManagerWindow.RestoreWalletFromDirectory(String directoryToRestore)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.BackupManagerWindow.<TryRestoreWalletFromDirectoryAsync>d__18.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.BackupManagerWindow.<ButtonRestoreBackupFromDirectory_Click>d__11.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.MainWindow.DisplayDialog(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandBinding.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.ExecuteCommandBinding(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e, CommandBinding commandBinding)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(CommandBindingCollection commandBindings, Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteImpl(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.TransferEvent(IInputElement newSource, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteImpl(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)
   at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.App.Main()

at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.RpcManagers.RpcWebClient.HttpGetData[T](RpcPortType portType, String command)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.DaemonManager.HttpGetData[T](String command)

I'll be sure to check your case as soon as I get home. It seems that your daemon RPC cannot be used, it's probably because it conflicts with an application which already uses its port (which is - by default - 18081). In the file explorer, go to '%LocalAppData%\Jojatekok\MoneroClient.Net', and open 'user.config' with a text editor. You will see a line like this:

Code:
<network rpcUrlHost="localhost" rpcUrlPortDaemon="18081" rpcUrlPortWallet="18082" isProxyEnabled="false" proxyHost="" />

Try adjusting your daemon and wallet ports between 0 and 65535, until the software works. Wink

hey, so i changed the port numbers but no effect.  however, when i run the bitmonerod , it shows the port numbers are not being updated... so while the user.config file is changed, its not being updated when running everything again...

Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:19:06 AM

No password request shows up, GUI says initializing for the wallet. rpcwallet.exe never starts. I deleted the wallet.bin, but after half an hour, still nothing happened.
There is not much CPU activity to be seen, moneroclient.net.exe is idling at 1-2% and bitmonerod.exe does nothing.

Et voila, 0.38.1 starts to crash again after playing around with the unstable releases (of course in different paths):
Code:
Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden
   bei System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   bei Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.BaseProcessManager.StartProcess(String[] arguments)
   bei Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.WalletManager.StartInternal()
   bei Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.MainWindow.StartWallet()
   bei Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.MainWindow.<>c__DisplayClass1.<.ctor>b__0(Object param0, EventArgs param1)
   bei System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindow(Boolean duringShow)
   bei System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   bei MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   bei MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   bei MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   bei MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   bei System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   bei System.Windows.Application.Run()
   bei Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.App.Main()
It happens after recognizing the wallet (e.g. after entering passwords when creating a new wallet). When there is a wallet already existing, it crashes even before the password prompt. Deleting blockchain doesn't make any difference.

I will certainly not recover my Windows backup again since I'm pretty sure now that it must be a bug in the app. Wink

The first alpha version of the 0.39.0 releases introduce a new version of the settings file, which is located at '%LocalAppData%\Jojatekok\MoneroClient.Net\user.config'. Please delete it, or if you want to keep your settings while downgrading, just open it in a text editor, and change <tt><metaData settingsVersion="4" /></tt> into <tt><metaData settingsVersion="3" /></tt>. Also, don't forget to relocate <tt>softwareWallet="Resources\Software\rpcwallet.exe"</tt> into <tt>softwareWallet="Resources\Software\simplewallet.exe"</tt>. Wink

As for your rpcwallet issue, I will look into it deeper as soon as I have access to my personal wallet at home, so I will be able to test things more toughly. It is weird that the password request box doesn't show up - some people said that it happens since v0.36.0. Do you have any problems with v0.38.1? If so, does v0.35.0 or even v0.36.0 work for you?

i got the client up and running (3.81) and sync'd with a new wallet. then i quit.

now, when i run the client, it does start syncing after a minute or two, but the wallet does not load. stays in "initializing"

i have no other processes or applications running that are using the wallet.bin (that i know of)...
any ideas?

Code:

The process cannot access the file 'WalletData\wallet.bin.keys' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.BackupManagerWindow.RestoreWalletFromDirectory(String directoryToRestore)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.BackupManagerWindow.<TryRestoreWalletFromDirectoryAsync>d__18.MoveNext()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.BackupManagerWindow.<ButtonRestoreBackupFromDirectory_Click>d__11.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandBinding.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.ExecuteCommandBinding(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e, CommandBinding commandBinding)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(CommandBindingCollection commandBindings, Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.TransferEvent(IInputElement newSource, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)

I'll be sure to check your case as soon as I get home. It seems that your daemon RPC cannot be used, it's probably because it conflicts with an application which already uses its port (which is - by default - 18081). In the file explorer, go to '%LocalAppData%\Jojatekok\MoneroClient.Net', and open 'user.config' with a text editor. You will see a line like this:

Code:
<network rpcUrlHost="localhost" rpcUrlPortDaemon="18081" rpcUrlPortWallet="18082" isProxyEnabled="false" proxyHost="" />

Try adjusting your daemon and wallet ports between 0 and 65535, until the software works. Wink

hey, so i changed the port numbers but no effect.  however, when i run the bitmonerod , it shows the port numbers are not being updated... so while the user.config file is changed, its not being updated when running everything again...

Please try deleting your application settings file, as described above.

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
krawallmining

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:59:37 AM

The first alpha version of the 0.39.0 releases introduce a new version of the settings file, which is located at '%LocalAppData%\Jojatekok\MoneroClient.Net\user.config'. Please delete it, or if you want to keep your settings while downgrading, just open it in a text editor, and change <tt><metaData settingsVersion="4" /></tt> into <tt><metaData settingsVersion="3" /></tt>. Also, don't forget to relocate <tt>softwareWallet="Resources\Software\rpcwallet.exe"</tt> into <tt>softwareWallet="Resources\Software\simplewallet.exe"</tt>. Wink

As for your rpcwallet issue, I will look into it deeper as soon as I have access to my personal wallet at home, so I will be able to test things more toughly. It is weird that the password request box doesn't show up - some people said that it happens since v0.36.0. Do you have any problems with v0.38.1? If so, does v0.35.0 or even v0.36.0 work for you?
Thanks, this works. Maybe there should also be a path option for this available in the GUI?
Just tried 35 & 36, like 38.1, they seem to work fine. Only with 39 builds, password request doesn't show up.
bucktotal

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:45:22 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 02:35:29 PM by bucktotal

any ideas?

Code:

Code:

hey, so i changed the port numbers but no effect.  however, when i run the bitmonerod , it shows the port numbers are not being updated... so while the user.config file is changed, its not being updated when running everything again...

i deleted the user.config file. it created a new file on next startup. this looks different than the previous version. there are no port numbers listed in the file anymore.

using the cmd line: C:\> netstat -a -b

it appears that the lsass.exe (Local Security Authentication Server) is using TCP port 18081 ...

edit: ran this line: netsh int ipv4 set dynamicport tcp start=10000 num=1000
to force the random port assignments to be >20000.
the wallet.bin still can't be loaded and stays in initializing.

running the bitmonerod .... i see

Code:
2014-Aug-09 10:27:23.412709 Module folder: C:\Program Files\monero-client-net-v0
.38.1-x64\Resources\Software\bitmonerod.exe
2014-Aug-09 10:27:23.416698 Initializing p2p server...
2014-Aug-09 10:27:23.427642 Binding on 0.0.0.0:18080
2014-Aug-09 10:27:23.430726 Net service binded on 0.0.0.0:18080
2014-Aug-09 10:27:23.431988 Attempting to add IGD port mapping.
2014-Aug-09 10:27:27.444946 No IGD was found.
2014-Aug-09 10:27:27.444946 P2p server initialized OK
2014-Aug-09 10:27:27.446994 Initializing cryptonote protocol...
2014-Aug-09 10:27:27.449202 Cryptonote protocol initialized OK
2014-Aug-09 10:27:27.451000 Initializing core rpc server...
2014-Aug-09 10:27:27.452318 Binding on 127.0.0.1:18081
2014-Aug-09 10:27:27.453024 Core rpc server initialized OK on port: 18081
2014-Aug-09 10:27:27.456393 Initializing core...
2014-Aug-09 10:27:27.461014 Loading blockchain...
2014-Aug-09 10:28:06.233748 Blockchain initialized. last block: 165952, d0.h0.m1
1.s55 time ago, current difficulty: 1308186462
2014-Aug-09 10:28:06.252720 Core initialized OK
2014-Aug-09 10:28:06.256679 Starting core rpc server...
2014-Aug-09 10:28:06.261819 Run net_service loop( 2 threads)...
2014-Aug-09 10:28:06.276680 [SRV_MAIN]Core rpc server started ok
2014-Aug-09 10:28:06.280876 [SRV_MAIN]Starting p2p net loop...
2014-Aug-09 10:28:06.289837 [SRV_MAIN]Run net_service loop( 10 threads)...
2014-Aug-09 10:28:07.290775 [P2P7]
JohnyMonero

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:50:57 PM

Monero has the best GUI wallet made for Windows.
bingopoint

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:24:13 PM

Thanks Monero community for the best Windows wallet in the world!
Achile$

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:40:10 PM

I have tried this wallet and it is awesome. Everyone should install it.
bucktotal

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:43:53 PM

ugh... these shill posts make me nauseous  Roll Eyes
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:51:52 PM

Thanks, this works. Maybe there should also be a path option for this available in the GUI?
Just tried 35 & 36, like 38.1, they seem to work fine. Only with 39 builds, password request doesn't show up.

The path for storing the settings should not be altered, as the current solution is what most of your PC programs use.

any ideas?

Code:

Code:

hey, so i changed the port numbers but no effect.  however, when i run the bitmonerod , it shows the port numbers are not being updated... so while the user.config file is changed, its not being updated when running everything again...

i deleted the user.config file. it created a new file on next startup. this looks different than the previous version. there are no port numbers listed in the file anymore.

using the cmd line: C:\> netstat -a -b

it appears that the lsass.exe (Local Security Authentication Server) is using TCP port 18081 ...

edit: ran this line: netsh int ipv4 set dynamicport tcp start=10000 num=1000
to force the random port assignments to be >20000.
the wallet.bin still can't be loaded and stays in initializing.

running the bitmonerod .... i see

Code:
2014-Aug-09 10:27:23.412709 Module folder: C:\Program Files\monero-client-net-v0
.38.1-x64\Resources\Software\bitmonerod.exe
2014-Aug-09 10:27:23.416698 Initializing p2p server...
2014-Aug-09 10:27:23.427642 Binding on 0.0.0.0:18080
2014-Aug-09 10:27:23.430726 Net service binded on 0.0.0.0:18080
2014-Aug-09 10:27:23.431988 Attempting to add IGD port mapping.
2014-Aug-09 10:27:27.444946 No IGD was found.
2014-Aug-09 10:27:27.444946 P2p server initialized OK
2014-Aug-09 10:27:27.446994 Initializing cryptonote protocol...
2014-Aug-09 10:27:27.449202 Cryptonote protocol initialized OK
2014-Aug-09 10:27:27.451000 Initializing core rpc server...
2014-Aug-09 10:27:27.452318 Binding on 127.0.0.1:18081
2014-Aug-09 10:27:27.453024 Core rpc server initialized OK on port: 18081
2014-Aug-09 10:27:27.456393 Initializing core...
2014-Aug-09 10:27:27.461014 Loading blockchain...
2014-Aug-09 10:28:06.233748 Blockchain initialized. last block: 165952, d0.h0.m1
1.s55 time ago, current difficulty: 1308186462
2014-Aug-09 10:28:06.252720 Core initialized OK
2014-Aug-09 10:28:06.256679 Starting core rpc server...
2014-Aug-09 10:28:06.261819 Run net_service loop( 2 threads)...
2014-Aug-09 10:28:06.276680 [SRV_MAIN]Core rpc server started ok
2014-Aug-09 10:28:06.280876 [SRV_MAIN]Starting p2p net loop...
2014-Aug-09 10:28:06.289837 [SRV_MAIN]Run net_service loop( 10 threads)...
2014-Aug-09 10:28:07.290775 [P2P7]

Your daemon works just fine now, it still seems to be a port conflict for me. Adjusting the daemon and wallet ports should probably help you out. Wink

Code:
coinamigo

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:55:32 PM

If you still have some doubts about this wallet - you are wrong. Wallet works great.
krawallmining

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:09:04 PM

If you still have some doubts about this wallet - you are wrong. Wallet works great.
Yes, so far no problems with transactions to and from Polo etc.
Nicely done, pretty much plug & play.
bucktotal

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:49:34 PM

Jojatekok,

dont worry about me anymore.

i just figured out how to use the bitmonerod and simplewallet directly... so made some new wallets and all seems fine.

thanks for your help and best of luck
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:16:59 AM

ugh... these shill posts make me nauseous  Roll Eyes

It's unbelievable, and they're shilling to children, too.

Even have a fake rich bloke that pops up pretending he is something or other and has considerable holdings, and is waiting to sell at 0.1.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
bullus

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:28:17 AM

I'm using v0.38.1 and received coins from pool, but I also send some coins to a exchange(Mintpal) but after 30min still no pending and can't see a transaction id in the wallet.(bitmonerod and simplewallet is open)

Also I get passphrase only if I run it in administration.

win8.1 64bit

btc 16LWhms487bzCxQWq5oeW8SMDPmU2rvQjf
PizzaTraveler

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:47:05 PM

A lot of strange guys here, in XMR topics. Hm, i'm pretty sure that this is not coincidence.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: