Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 03:40:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] MoneroX - A cross platform graphical account manager for Monero  (Read 88592 times)
Jojatekok (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 05:00:02 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 03:54:30 PM by Jojatekok

MoneroX on Windows is crashing on me when sending XMR. The XMR transaction goes through, then it crashes, so it's something causing it immediately after the transaction takes place.

It's probably the GridView of Eto.Forms: it seems to have several bugs when attached to a DataSource. I'll contact cwensley about this.

On Mac, I think that the issue is permission-related: people must allow unsigned applications to run.

The russian user guide will be added to the original post later today.

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:46:56 PM

Try this guys,

Right click MoneroX > Show Package Contents > Contents > MacOS > Right click Launcher.exec > Open

Sorry for all the inconvenience caused! It turns out that zipping files on Mac OS X causes file permissions to be written inside the archive, and thus, not letting users to open the the zip file containing the Mono bundle.

I've re-uploaded 'MoneroGui.Net-v1.2.0-Mac-x64.zip' to GitHub, as the new file should solve these Mac-related problems. Smiley

P.S.: Also, please make sure - whether you're using Mac OS X 10.9.5 or higher - that running unsigned applications is allowed.

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:58:24 PM

Try this guys,

Right click MoneroX > Show Package Contents > Contents > MacOS > Right click Launcher.exec > Open

Sorry for all the inconvenience caused! It turns out that zipping files on Mac OS X causes file permissions to be written inside the archive, and thus, not letting users to open the the zip file containing the Mono bundle.

I've re-uploaded 'MoneroGui.Net-v1.2.0-Mac-x64.zip' to GitHub, as the new file should solve these Mac-related problems. Smiley

P.S.: Also, please make sure - whether you're using Mac OS X 10.9.5 or higher - that running unsigned applications is allowed.

Still can't get it to run. Shouldn't that be "Launcher" rather than "Launcher.exec"?
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 03:45:26 PM

Try this guys,

Still can't get it to run. Shouldn't that be "Launcher" rather than "Launcher.exec"?

No. By the way, you should just simply try running the .app file directly, and all the magic should happen in the background.

Code:
Bagatell

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 03:53:10 PM

Try this guys,

No. By the way, you should just simply try running the .app file directly, and all the magic should happen in the background.

When I open package contents and right click Launcher.exec to open it I'm getting "There is no application set to open the document “Launcher.exec”.
Bagatell

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 04:52:26 PM

When I open package contents and right click Launcher.exec to open it I'm getting "There is no application set to open the document “Launcher.exec”.

Do you have Terminal as default application to open it?

If I open it with Terminal I get -

Unhandled Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'System.Net.Http, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
  at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.MoneroRpcManager..ctor (IRpcSettings rpcSettings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Desktop.Utilities.Initialize (Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Desktop.Windows.MainForm mainForm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Desktop.Windows.MainForm..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Desktop.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'System.Net.Http, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
  at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.MoneroRpcManager..ctor (IRpcSettings rpcSettings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Desktop.Utilities.Initialize (Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Desktop.Windows.MainForm mainForm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Desktop.Windows.MainForm..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Desktop.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
logout

[Process completed
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 05:11:41 PM

Unhandled Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
logout

[Process completed

You shouldn't mess with opening package contents, but try opening the .app directly by double-clicking it! Also, make sure that you have the fixed version of v1.2.0 (re-download it if you're not sure).

Code:
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 05:38:37 PM

Unhandled Exception:
logout

[Process completed

You shouldn't mess with opening package contents, but try opening the .app directly by double-clicking it! Also, make sure that you have the fixed version of v1.2.0 (re-download it if you're not sure).

I downloaded the new version and still get the same error when I try to open the MoneroX.app directly: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -67062.)"

When I go into the package and open Launcher.exec with Terminal, I was prompted to install the Mono Framework. But that didn't seem to make any difference. This is the error I get when I open Launcher.exec in Terminal:

Code:
Unhandled Exception:
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Could not resolve host 'MacBook-Pro.local'
  at System.Net.Dns.Error_11001 (System.String hostName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.Dns.hostent_to_IPHostEntry (System.String originalHostName, System.String h_name, System.String[] h_aliases, System.String[] h_addrlist) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.Dns.GetHostByName (System.String hostName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry (System.String hostNameOrAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses (System.String hostNameOrAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.Extensions.Utilities.IsHostLocal (System.String input) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.Extensions.ProcessManagers.BaseRpcProcessManager..ctor (System.String path, System.String rpcHost, UInt16 rpcPort) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.Extensions.ProcessManagers.DaemonProcessManager..ctor (IRpcSettings rpcSettings, IDaemonProcessSettings processSettings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.Extensions.MoneroProcessManager..ctor (IRpcSettings rpcSettings, IAccountManagerProcessSettings accountManagerProcessSettings, IDaemonProcessSettings daemonProcessSettings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Could not resolve host 'MacBook-Pro.local'
  at System.Net.Dns.Error_11001 (System.String hostName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.Dns.hostent_to_IPHostEntry (System.String originalHostName, System.String h_name, System.String[] h_aliases, System.String[] h_addrlist) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.Dns.GetHostByName (System.String hostName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry (System.String hostNameOrAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses (System.String hostNameOrAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.Extensions.Utilities.IsHostLocal (System.String input) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.Extensions.ProcessManagers.BaseRpcProcessManager..ctor (System.String path, System.String rpcHost, UInt16 rpcPort) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.Extensions.ProcessManagers.DaemonProcessManager..ctor (IRpcSettings rpcSettings, IDaemonProcessSettings processSettings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.Extensions.MoneroProcessManager..ctor (IRpcSettings rpcSettings, IAccountManagerProcessSettings accountManagerProcessSettings, IDaemonProcessSettings daemonProcessSettings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
logout
pa

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 06:55:03 PM

Have you allowed apps from outside sources? Doing that should fix that error you had.

Ok, I just changed the security settings. It had some effect, because I no longer get the error message when I double-click on MoneroX.app. Now I get a rainbow-colored spinning ball cursor for a few seconds, then nothing happens.
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:31:02 PM

Unhandled Exception:
logout

[Process completed

I downloaded the new version and still get the same error when I try to open the MoneroX.app directly: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -67062.)"

When I go into the package and open Launcher.exec with Terminal, I was prompted to install the Mono Framework. But that didn't seem to make any difference. This is the error I get when I open Launcher.exec in Terminal:

Code:
Unhandled Exception:
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Could not resolve host 'MacBook-Pro.local'
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Could not resolve host 'MacBook-Pro.local'
logout

Thanks for the report! This issue seems to be related to MoneroApi.Net's port checking mechanism, which fails to initialize a socket. Although I've specifically debugged and fixed an issue related to Mac OS X (v10.9 Mavericks) and added platform-dependent code, some issues still seem to be present.

What version of Mac OS X are you using? Did you install the latest version of the Mono .NET Framework? Thanks for providing feedback, your bug report is valuable!

EDIT: It also seems that there may be a DLL collision to the reference System.Net.Http, and in that case, I should add a binding redirection to the application. I'll definitely keep investigating about this.

Code:
pa

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:51:02 PM

Thanks for the report! This issue seems to be related to MoneroApi.Net's port checking mechanism, which fails to initialize a socket. Although I've specifically debugged and fixed an issue related to Mac OS X (v10.9 Mavericks) and added platform-dependent code, some issues still seem to be present.

What version of Mac OS X are you using? Did you install the latest version of the Mono .NET Framework? Thanks for providing feedback, your bug report is valuable!

EDIT: It also seems that there may be a DLL collision to the reference System.Net.Http, and in that case, I should add a binding redirection to the application. I'll definitely keep investigating about this.

OS X 10.10.2, MonoFramework-MDK-3.12.1.macos10.xamarin.x86.pkg
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 08:14:15 PM

OS X 10.10.2, MonoFramework-MDK-3.12.1.macos10.xamarin.x86.pkg

That's perfect, the issue doesn't seem to be related to your configuration.

Code:
GES

Activity: 315

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:56:38 AM

correct the link to a guide http://bits.media/nachalo-raboty-s-koshelkom-monero/
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 03:07:05 PM

This thing offer me an update to windows version 1.2.0 and after that it created a new wallet and I've lost my old wallet and my money. I'm trying to restore a previous backup but the backup manager option in the menu doesn't work and I can't find the wallet files anywhere. I don't know what to do with my backup files (account.bin.keys, account.bin and account.bin.address.txt).

Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 03:39:00 PM

This thing offer me an update to windows version 1.2.0 and after that it created a new wallet and I've lost my old wallet and my money. I'm trying to restore a previous backup but the backup manager option in the menu doesn't work and I can't find the wallet files anywhere. I don't know what to do with my backup files (account.bin.keys, account.bin and account.bin.address.txt).

Your old wallet file is still there in the application's AccountData folder Wink

I've just adjusted the default account data path to a safer location (My Documents/Monero Accounts/MoneroX) in order to avoid accidents regarding upgrades. Simply copy your old account files into the 'Monero Accounts/MoneroX' folder of 'My Documents', and then you'll be able to open it again!

Code:
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:33:42 PM

MoneroX v1.2.1 has been released!
Download it from GitHub!

• Added a generic exception handler for logging errors
  • Fixed a bug in transaction sending
  • Fixed menu bar shortcuts
  • Fixed font sizes on Mac

Code:
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:12:02 PM

There have been numerous times where I've opened MoneroX, but then had to close it before bitmonerod finished loading the blockchain. Usually, when this happens, bitmonerod and simplewallet remain open in the background.

Jojatekok, you need to change the logic such that when you close MoneroX, MoneroX remains open until bitmonerd and simplewallet have closed. If they don't close in a reasonable time, MoneroX should try to send the command to them to close again, until they are verified to be closed, and only *then* exit MoneroX.
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:55:15 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 07:24:41 PM by Jojatekok

There have been numerous times where I've opened MoneroX, but then had to close it before bitmonerod finished loading the blockchain. Usually, when this happens, bitmonerod and simplewallet remain open in the background.

Jojatekok, you need to change the logic such that when you close MoneroX, MoneroX remains open until bitmonerd and simplewallet have closed. If they don't close in a reasonable time, MoneroX should try to send the command to them to close again, until they are verified to be closed, and only *then* exit MoneroX.

Bitmonerod and simplewallet should close eventually: when loading the blockchain, MoneroX tries to close them in safe mode if possible, thus, taking a lot of time to close them.

I may adjust the behavior to close the daemon in unsafe mode whether the blockchain is not yet loaded.

By the way, I will not have as much free time as I used to until summer... Sad

EDIT: The issue has just been fixed by a commit Wink

Code:
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:51:29 PM

Thanks. Smiley So, I've just tested 1.2.1, and it still crashes on sending, just silently now (no crash pop up from Windows).
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:08:45 AM

Thanks. Smiley So, I've just tested 1.2.1, and it still crashes on sending, just silently now (no crash pop up from Windows).

The issue is not yet fixed in v1.2.1, but will be in the next release.

Code:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: