Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:34:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NaNa: A Bitcoin Spokesperson  (Read 5969 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 06:40:01 PM

Matthew, or anybody else, where can I get one of those horse's head that's seen in your avatar. I have this idea in having this singer I'm aware of don it and sing this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyMekSPfRFw I'm hoping to put in on her forthcoming day view CD entitled NaNa's Greatest Fits, available by purchasing with Bitcoin only. Now that's marketable!

~Bruno~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 06:56:02 PM

http://www.mcphee.com/shop/products/Horse-Head-Mask.html

You can purchase a horse head mask here. $25. If you live in the US and are willing to pre-pay, I'm happy to use my CC and you can send me equivalent bitcoins.
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 07:14:44 PM

There has been discussion of an animal mascot in the past. So now it is going to be a human-horse chimera?

a BitCoin mascot? Could be as simple as the "B" coin with arms and legs? Lets see what you come up with.

The result of this thread was "decentralized" mascots.

Personally I think someone should make an alpalca head mask. I have no idea how to do this.
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 07:18:17 PM

Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:24:41 PM

Nana, the Homeless, and Paris friggin Hilton?  Ya lets go all out for that freak show appeal... no offense to them but I am disgusted
by the marketing mentality that takes advantage of them and degrades us all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo

So you are saying they are freaks?  You are degrading them and us all.

I am not saying they are freaks, but they are no doubt seen that way by the general "normal" public and which makes them valuable to scumbag
marketers and the like.  I consider myself a freak... but I am not going to let any advertiser hang a sign on me to try and make a profit for
himself and his clients.  The seeking to be "normal" ... to fit in with the average crowd... I see as more of an affliction than what most freaks
suffer.  

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:26:30 PM

I am not saying they are freaks, but they are no doubt seen that way by the general "normal" public and which makes them valuable to scumbag
marketers and the like.  I consider myself a freak... but I am not going to let any advertiser hand a sign on me to try and make a profit for
himself and his clients.  The seeking to be "normal" ... to fit in with the average crowd... I see as more of an affliction than what most freaks
suffer.   

Nothing will come from this. It is just being done for fun.

I can't imagine a single person using Bitcoin because of this, and I can only think it will have mutually negative influences on both Nana and Bitcoin. Yay.

Portnoy
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:27:19 PM

Everyone please be nice to NaNa.  I got her to come to this forum and read your posts.  She is not happy with some things she read.  NaNa is a human being like the rest of us.

And btw... what did you expect? Are you going to invite her to the SA forums next?  
That is all on you bro.

I know she is a human being...  I have my doubts about some of the rest of you.    
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:29:15 PM

Everyone please be nice to NaNa.  I got her to come to this forum and read your posts.  She is not happy with some things she read.  NaNa is a human being like the rest of us.

And btw... what did you expect? Are you going to invite her to the SA forums next?  
That is all on you bro.

I know she is a human being...  I have my doubts about some of the rest of you.    

+1

Next let's bring a handicapped kid who has a million views on Youtube and have him wear a bitcoin hat! Yay.

Then when that's over with, we can find some people with actual talent and notability who might want to honor Bitcoin by speaking about it in an intelligent and comprehensible manner.

Portnoy
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:33:07 PM

I can't imagine a single person using Bitcoin because of this, and I can only think it will have mutually negative influences on both Nana and Bitcoin. Yay.

Yes.

It is like bitcoin has so little going for it that we have to come up with craaazy schemes and campaigns to get people interested in it.
It will no doubt only cause people to think it is the latest snakeoil fad that the marketers have come up with to fleece the masses.  

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:36:30 PM

It will no doubt only cause people to think it is the latest snakeoil fad that the marketers have come up with to fleece the masses.

I would assume it would not even receive the dignity of considering it an idea of "marketers", and will probably just get comments for her youtube videos to the tune of "Oh look, the whale is not just bad at singing, but she's a scammer too. Do you also believe reptiles in congress, dipshit?".

And on the flipside, there will be a nod in this direction on numerous detractor forums about how we are so desperate in our failing fake scam ponzi currency and horrible at business--- and if we supported this bullshit, they'd be right.

jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:50:43 PM

marketers and the like.  I consider myself a freak... but I am not going to let any advertiser hang a sign on me to try and make a profit for
himself and his clients.  The seeking to be "normal" ... to fit in with the average crowd... I see as more of an affliction than what most freaks
suffer.  

Fair enough.  But suppose she was willing to do it for herself to make money or get more attention?  So, I'm not going to force her to do anything.  I'm just going to ask her.  It will be on her own freewill if she decides to do it or not.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 09:09:37 PM

Fair enough.  But suppose she was willing to do it for herself to make money or get more attention?
It is like one outcast promoting another outcast. Let it go.

So, I'm not going to force her to do anything.  I'm just going to ask her.  It will be on her own freewill if she decides to do it or not.

The only way it should be.  Wink

jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 09:16:47 PM

It is like one outcast promoting another outcast.

What do u mean by this?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 09:20:03 PM

It is like one outcast promoting another outcast.

What do u mean by this?

I mean that Nana is not popular on Youtube for her singing skills and anyone with a brain knows that.

Just like "Chocolate Rain" is not a popular song because it's catchy, unique, well written, and soothes the ears.

jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 09:40:11 PM

I mean that Nana is not popular on Youtube for her singing skills and anyone with a brain knows that.

Just like "Chocolate Rain" is not a popular song because it's catchy, unique, well written, and soothes the ears.

Ok, I understand.  Although, I thought Chocolate Rain was a success.  Dr. Pepper used the singer of Chocolate Rain in their commercials.

Anyways, I am think I am fully exhausted on this topic.  I admit my perception of things have sharpened a bit.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 09:59:38 PM

Ok, I understand.  Although, I thought Chocolate Rain was a success.
Depends on your definition of success. Atlas is a success, if he is a stand up comedian pretending to be a retard. Otherwise, he's a huge failure.

Chocolate Rain was a ridiculous non-song with interesting elements that got people to watch the video, but it is only good for laugh value. Where is the singer of Chocolate Rain now? On his way to a record deal? Nope. He was a short term joke that a beverage company capitalized on (btw when I say that, I mean they basically made money off of the humiliation of him).

We don't want to be associated with that kind of stuff.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2012, 01:33:07 AM

Ok, I understand.  Although, I thought Chocolate Rain was a success.  Dr. Pepper used the singer of Chocolate Rain in their commercials.

Anyways, I am think I am fully exhausted on this topic.  I admit my perception of things have sharpened a bit.

Just got back in from being out in the field all afternoon. Nice little discussion we have going on here, if I may say so myself. Are you saying you're having second thoughts on your original thinking in regards to NaNa, jimbobway?

Nothing will come from this. It is just being done for fun.

First off, I'm truly serious in having her as the spokesperson for bitviews.com of which I own. I registered it the other day and can be verified by doing a Whosis search.

Now, I'm having a problem understanding why I can't use NaNa as a spokesperson for a company I own, one of which will use bitcoins as its sole payment to the site's users. Please enlighten me.

Due to the sentiment(s) expressed, I have taken the liberty to slightly change the title of this thread.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2012, 02:26:10 AM

Ok, I understand.  Although, I thought Chocolate Rain was a success.
Depends on your definition of success. Atlas is a success, if he is a stand up comedian pretending to be a retard. Otherwise, he's a huge failure.

Chocolate Rain was a ridiculous non-song with interesting elements that got people to watch the video, but it is only good for laugh value. Where is the singer of Chocolate Rain now? On his way to a record deal? Nope. He was a short term joke that a beverage company capitalized on (btw when I say that, I mean they basically made money off of the humiliation of him).

(THE ECONOMY EXPLAINED)

Hey, Matthew. Would you be so kind as to clarify what I have quoted and how that relates to NaNa and Bitcoin?

~Bruno~

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 03:15:01 AM

Obviously it's irrelevant if it's related to your private business. Thread title was "Our Bitcoin spokesperson". If people wouldn't want Bruce Wagner as the spokesperson..

Now that it's been clarified that's a private endeavor unrelated to the forums, our opinions, butcoin community, etc, there is nothing to say. ^^

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2012, 03:22:36 AM

Obviously it's irrelevant if it's related to your private business. Thread title was "Our Bitcoin spokesperson". If people wouldn't want Bruce Wagner as the spokesperson..

Now that it's been clarified that's a private endeavor unrelated to the forums, our opinions, butcoin community, etc, there is nothing to say. ^^

To be fair, Matthew, the posts on this thread were made due in part its original title. I may have error when I title it as such, but during the course of this thread an idea will blossom.

Aside: I wish I knew how to turn a video into a GIF pic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUbO8NhEX04

~Bruno~
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: