Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:01:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Latest:
Uro Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAe9vivW1EO7FpHFQSxPIxg/videos
Uro in the Press: Coindesk: http://goo.gl/TpMPp0
http://cointelegraph.com/news/112355/over-the-next-5-years-the-demand-for-uro-will-far-outstrip-the-total-supply-bohan-huang-urocoin
http://www.coindesk.com/starcraft-urocoin-mining-pool-prohibition/
http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/uro-interview-with-bohan-huang-32-questions-from-the-community
Wallets: Windows, Mac OS X and Linux (source code): https://github.com/uro-/uro/releases
#Nuro Mobile wallet: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.uro.nurolegacy

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 195 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Moderated] [ANN][URO] First Urea Commodity Token: 1 Uro = 1 Metric Tonne Urea  (Read 227113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
davisgreen (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:12:36 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2014, 06:18:37 PM by davisgreen

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
▄█▀▀▄▄       █     █       ▄▄▀▀█▄
█     ▀▄▄    █     █    ▄▄▀     █
 █▄      ▀▄▄ █     █ ▄▄▀      ▄█
   ▀▄       ▀█▄   ▄█▀       ▄▀
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█▀   ▀█▄       ▀▄
 █▀      ▄▀▀ █     █ ▀▀▄      ▀█
█     ▄▀▀    █     █    ▀▀▄     █
▀█▄▄▀▀       █     █       ▀▀▄▄█▀
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

▄████████████▄▄████████████████████▄██▄███████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████████████▄██████████████████▀████▄████████████████
████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀████▄████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▀███████████████
▀████████████▀▀███▀███████████████████████████▀█████████████
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:57:22 PM

Thankfully we can get a reasonable conversation about the future plans for this coin.  Unhappy to see the first posts in this thread are skepticism, and questions answered just by reading what was posted in this very OP! (exception, thank you askcoin.net)

Lets start with a piece of news.  Did you know that milestone 2 about the NURO wallet, and the end paragraph regarding crowdfunding are part of the same goal? Did you know that we are potentially going to be the only coin aside from BTC and LTC to become a part of BlockCypher!  true-asset has been in contact with BlockCypher for a month and is ready to move forward with the creation of BlockCypher for URO.
1. Create transactions in the cloud at high speed, then sign them on the device: fast and safe
2. Display latest transactions when the user wants to see them, instead of constantly listening for new transactions: saves battery
3. Fast, cloud powered single shot transaction broadcasts via the cloud: saves bandwidth and time
4. Redundant servers running in datacentres: high availability without latency in waiting to connect to nodes

Now lets keep the chat about what we are up to next and stand on the shoulders we know to be true that 12500 URO were accepted as payment for 12500 metric tons of urea just yesterday.  lets leave the madness to the main thread and work on some planning here.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:01:23 PM

Awaiting some reasonable discussions. IRC is always great but a proper thread is needed also.

jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:33:25 PM

I would like to discus that we coin the term Uroshi which stands for the current price of urea in bitcoin... at todays pricing a uroshi is ~ .48534 btc  and will soon be equal to 1 URO coin Cheesy

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
mistersushi

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:05:51 PM

Good initiative.  A moderated thread is needed for the community.
davisgreen (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:16:41 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2014, 08:43:52 PM by davisgreen

I would like to discus that we coin the term Uroshi which stands for the current price of urea in bitcoin... at todays pricing a uroshi is ~ .48534 btc  and will soon be equal to 1 URO coin Cheesy
so basically u saying that now uro=0.0219 btc
urea = .48534 btc = 1 uroshi

so 1 uro = 0.045123 uroshi
And when uro is exactly the same price as urea in btc, then 1uro = 1 uroshi

Did i get it right!!

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
▄█▀▀▄▄       █     █       ▄▄▀▀█▄
█     ▀▄▄    █     █    ▄▄▀     █
 █▄      ▀▄▄ █     █ ▄▄▀      ▄█
   ▀▄       ▀█▄   ▄█▀       ▄▀
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█▀   ▀█▄       ▀▄
 █▀      ▄▀▀ █     █ ▀▀▄      ▀█
█     ▄▀▀    █     █    ▀▀▄     █
▀█▄▄▀▀       █     █       ▀▀▄▄█▀
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

▄████████████▄▄████████████████████▄██▄███████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████████████▄██████████████████▀████▄████████████████
████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀████▄████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▀███████████████
▀████████████▀▀███▀███████████████████████████▀█████████████
cryptshine

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:45:37 PM

I think the price of URO will tend towards urea slowly in the long run...currently the market will price in the uncentainity around the newness of the idea....so for investors who want to take on the risk theres a potential 20 X return even if it reaches a price of 0.2 uro. But I would think the price would be much more that given the kind of main stream media attention this can receive. In some ways, URO can actually redeem the "silk road" image of bitcoin. We can litreally go..look what else cryptocurrencies can do. Make no mistake folks, URO is a big deal for all of us!
Crypto_Enthusiast

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:57:33 PM

Great idea adding a moderated thread for URO on here, it is needed - due to the average bitcointalk poster being immature & URO being the most mature coin out there. Clash of personalities.

We do have a few decent, responsible people on here though, so I'm glad that we can now come together easier.

Also, while I am here: Please add the Cryptsy market to the OP thank you.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:59:47 PM

I think the price of URO will tend towards urea slowly in the long run...currently the market will price in the uncentainity around the newness of the idea....so for investors who want to take on the risk theres a potential 20 X return even if it reaches a price of 0.2 uro. But I would think the price would be much more that given the kind of main stream media attention this can receive. In some ways, URO can actually redeem the "silk road" image of bitcoin. We can litreally go..look what else cryptocurrencies can do. Make no mistake folks, URO is a big deal for all of us!

I think if it's ever verified that suppliers will accept 1 coin per tonne, the price will move very quickly to the market price for urea.  Buyers will want to get as many as they can afford  at a discount, which will drive the price to the right rate very quickly.

The main thing is to prove you can get 1 tonne for a coin.  And really that doesn't have to be proved to bitcointalk, but to the audience of urea buyers.
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:01:32 PM

Final, I can hear my self type Smiley

Im holding a light 9 URO ATM. Think im going to rip my attention from this live show and just see how it turns out in a couple weeks.
cryptshine

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:04:51 PM

We need to get URO noticed by the chemical distributors themselves. I used to work for a Canadian ingredient distribution company that was a member of this group http://www.cacd.ca/

The Canadian Association of Chemical Distributors.

They have a quarterly publication called the "Chemunicator". We need to get URO in this quarterly publication ASAP. Here's the latest Chemunicator

http://www.cacd.ca/communication-matters/the-chemunicator/

URO on the front page would be huge Smiley

Great Idea! We should reach out to these guys!
sadface

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:08:01 PM

hi!

the ann thread is a total mess. impossible to find or get any information. could we regather how and when the first sale happened? who bought it (btctalk username)?
have any further details been released?
cryptshine

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:08:24 PM

Cross posting another great point from the unmoderated thread,

This project will make history in crypto currency because it will stabilize the price on the URO coin through the price from UREA MT. You cant say that from bitcoin, bitcoin has not set foot were it goes in the future. So this URO coin will be a good hedge vs bitcoins.

Also in the future the price of UREA will keep rising and we have a stabilize altcoin "URO" that we can use for anything to pay for and not be afraid it will collapse in dust. Because UREA cant be dust because the world populations need UREA

Here you can look up from up to 30 years of history about UREA prices, the price of UREA keep rising so that means in the longterm URO coin will increase in value

http://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/?commodity=urea&months=360
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:10:09 PM

Good idea to start a new 'moderated' thread. The official one was crazy beyond belief.

Perhaps the Dev will get involved again with this one to put minds at rest.
choppy123

Activity: 383

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:14:03 PM

We need to get URO noticed by the chemical distributors themselves. I used to work for a Canadian ingredient distribution company that was a member of this group http://www.cacd.ca/

The Canadian Association of Chemical Distributors.

They have a quarterly publication called the "Chemunicator". We need to get URO in this quarterly publication ASAP. Here's the latest Chemunicator

http://www.cacd.ca/communication-matters/the-chemunicator/

URO on the front page would be huge Smiley

Great Idea! We should reach out to these guys!

CACD influences distribution of chemicals across the country including urea. The company that I worked for had an Animal Feed Division that I was a part of for over 5 years...I sold many commodities to feed manufacturers who then supplied farmers with the feed mixes. Ingredients like phosphates, copper sulfate, ascorbic acid, zinc oxide etc...

If we can get CACD to promote URO then we will create a demand for these ingredient suppliers to import more urea into Canada which will help URO price go up towards $300 and create a more stable market.

As an example Ascorbic acid can fluctuate in price from $3 /kg up to $25/kg because the world market is controlled by 4 manufactures in China. There are only 2 other non chinese manufacturers of ascorbic acid, one in the UK and one in USA. These ingredient distribution companies hate volatile markets and avoid entering them because of risk of losing money. URO solves the problem with price fluctuation for Urea which will make these companies stock up on urea. It's a win/win/win for everyone. The market price of URO goes up for us Smiley, the chemical ingredient distributor is happy because they make a profit and the farmer is happy because the price is stable and urea is stocked locally.....This will revolutionize chemical distribution for good.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
cryptshine

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:38:49 PM

Good idea to start a new 'moderated' thread. The official one was crazy beyond belief.

The dev is pretty active on the IRC chat #URO. But do understand that this is a massive undertaking that requires a lot of online and offline co-ordination. I have been following URO from the first week and the dev has clarified a large number of genuine doubts, many of which I myself have had when I heard about uro for the first time. The more informed members would be happy to clarify what we know so the questions that have already been clarified don't require dev's time.

Heres his video from google hangout yesterday,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsHF0C_gPck

poor guy. He is really trying. We need to support him.

For a lot of the useful discussion points from the unmoderated thread, many of them have been collected here. Feel free to go through them.

urofoundation.wordpress.com

hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:46:38 PM

The dev is pretty active on the IRC chat #URO. But do understand that this is a massive undertaking that requires a lot of online and offline co-ordination. I have been following URO from the first week and the dev has clarified a large number of genuine doubts, many of which I myself have had when I heard about uro for the first time. The more informed members would be happy to clarify what we know so the questions that have already been clarified don't require dev's time.

Heres his video from google hangout yesterday,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsHF0C_gPck

poor guy. He is really trying. We need to support him.

For a lot of the useful discussion points from the unmoderated thread, many of them have been collected here. Feel free to go through them.

urofoundation.wordpress.com

Thank you I will have a proper look through when I've got some more time. Its already taken up too much of my 'day off' today...

I understand the Dev and his team are very busy doing things behind the scenes, he looked so stressed out in the video which I skimmed through earlier.
Karn

Activity: 434

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:56:18 PM

Thank you, now I can read a thread with intelligent debate and make a more informed decision. 

“But it's a poor fellow who can't take his pleasure without asking other people's permission.” ― Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
whisper

Activity: 267

Learn to go against your mind

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:19:41 PM

Fresh air here, Thanks!
chedigital

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

WOW SUCH COIN

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:00:22 AM

Fresh air here, Thanks!

+1 Guys lets try to reach the 10 BTC for BlockCypher so we can start developing apps

https://twitter.com/BlockCypher/status/487304194139750400

Donation address -> 15qx9ug952GWGTNn7Uiv6vode4RcGrRemh

GPG Key ID: 80307E1A
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 195 »
  Print  

Jump to: