Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:41:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Latest:
Uro Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAe9vivW1EO7FpHFQSxPIxg/videos
Uro in the Press: Coindesk: http://goo.gl/TpMPp0
http://cointelegraph.com/news/112355/over-the-next-5-years-the-demand-for-uro-will-far-outstrip-the-total-supply-bohan-huang-urocoin
http://www.coindesk.com/starcraft-urocoin-mining-pool-prohibition/
http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/uro-interview-with-bohan-huang-32-questions-from-the-community
Wallets: Windows, Mac OS X and Linux (source code): https://github.com/uro-/uro/releases
#Nuro Mobile wallet: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.uro.nurolegacy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 195 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Moderated] [ANN][URO] First Urea Commodity Token: 1 Uro = 1 Metric Tonne Urea  (Read 227115 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:43:32 PM

is pretty convinced that its real however i dont understand why ges would do this why shouldnt they just their product for a set price , why give away 2-3 shipments for a cheap price ? i dont see the benefit for the company

No one is giving anything away.

In the first 10 years there will only ever be 2,000,000 URO maximum. That's enough for 160 orders of product. Right now there's only about 300k floating about, that's enough for 24 orders. As Green Earth collects this URO into their wallets the supply of URO goes down, driving prices up. Eventually they will control most of the supply and they will have cornered the market. They then sell their URO at market prices and people who actually need the product who have the available cash will buy it in order to save on bank fees.

tl;dr

Green Earth collects URO, corners market.
Green Earth sells URO for market prices.
Buyers buy URO to trade for product.
Cycle repeats.

How hard is this to understand? It's not freaking rocket science. Why don't you use your head for something other than a hat rack?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:52:40 PM

is pretty convinced that its real however i dont understand why ges would do this why shouldnt they just their product for a set price , why give away 2-3 shipments for a cheap price ? i dont see the benefit for the company

In the first 10 years there will only ever be 2,000,000 URO maximum. That's enough for 160 orders of product. Right now there's only about 300k floating about, that's enough for 24 orders. As Green Earth collects this URO into their wallets the supply of URO goes down, driving prices up. Eventually they will control most of the supply and they will have cornered the market. They then sell their URO at market prices and people who actually need the product who have the available cash will buy it in order to save on bank fees.

tl;dr

Cycle repeats.

How hard is this to understand? It's not freaking rocket science. Why don't you use your head for something other than a hat rack?

Heyyy now no need to be offensive, It is a legitimate question and I don't think he was trying to troll.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 08:54:28 PM

URO official loge has been chosen

Nice logo
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:58:12 PM

tl;dr

Cycle repeats.

Heyyy now no need to be offensive, It is a legitimate question and I don't think he was trying to troll.

I'm not trolling, I'm irritated. He's trolling. That same question has been asked over and over again by the trolls. No matter what response is given they keep asking it to spread FUD.

Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:16:14 PM

iawgoM is the best!
iawgoM

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:35:07 PM

WoooHooo! That's me! Cheesy
Allow

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:43:57 PM

stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:57:13 PM

tl;dr

Cycle repeats.

I'm not trolling, I'm irritated. He's trolling. That same question has been asked over and over again by the trolls. No matter what response is given they keep asking it to spread FUD.

I think you are mistaken. I never said you were trolling, I said I didn't think he was. Looking at his post history, it doesn't look like he is one of the people spreading FUD on Uro. I don't think he is trolling. New people are going to ask questions that have already been asked before... It would better to not respond in an abrasive manner. There are people working on getting a wiki set up which should answer all these questions, so that people simply have to link new people there instead of having to repeat answers.
DFJ

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:07:17 PM

So riddle me this:  Which designer of URO thought it was a good idea to distribute URO to the mining public, which will theoretically entitle them to a vast amount of $ in urea?  Like if I'm Microsoft right, and I create a virtual currency (call it Xbox points), why would I give them to a bunch of random nobodies that have nothing to do with Xbox or Microsoft for free?

That's what I really can't get over, aside from the general lack of market demand for such a coin among probably anyone in the commodity trading ecosystem.

And by the way, I know that the average BCT member has a terrible background and no experience with anything remotely approaching any type of financial market, but the fees people pay to banks are for a reason, and in any case the fact that they use dollars or euros vs. URO is not the issue, and if there were a market opportunity to avoid the fees it would be taken completely irrespective of URO.

I don't think I've put anything unfair or hostile in this note, but it isn't cheerleading so will it be deleted...?
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 10:09:34 PM

So riddle me this:  Which designer of URO thought it was a good idea to distribute URO to the mining public, which will theoretically entitle them to a vast amount of $ in urea?  Like if I'm Microsoft right, and I create a virtual currency (call it Xbox points), why would I give them to a bunch of random nobodies that have nothing to do with Xbox or Microsoft for free?

That's what I really can't get over, aside from the general lack of market demand for such a coin among probably anyone in the commodity trading ecosystem.

And by the way, I know that the average BCT member has a terrible background and no experience with anything remotely approaching any type of financial market, but the fees people pay to banks are for a reason, and in any case the fact that they use dollars or euros vs. URO is not the issue, and if there were a market opportunity to avoid the fees it would be taken completely irrespective of URO.

I don't think I've put anything unfair or hostile in this note, but it isn't cheerleading so will it be deleted...?

Why would Apple sell shares to samsung bobo's?
DFJ

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:13:54 PM

I guess this goes back to my point that BCT members don't know anything about finance; an URO coin is nothing like a share in apple; GES or whatever is not issuing equity and you are not buying equity in anything by owning URO.  Yikes.
davisgreen (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:29:19 PM

So riddle me this:  Which designer of URO thought it was a good idea to distribute URO to the mining public, which will theoretically entitle them to a vast amount of $ in urea?  Like if I'm Microsoft right, and I create a virtual currency (call it Xbox points), why would I give them to a bunch of random nobodies that have nothing to do with Xbox or Microsoft for free?

I guess this goes back to my point that BCT members don't know anything about finance; an URO coin is nothing like a share in apple; GES or whatever is not issuing equity and you are not buying equity in anything by owning URO.  Yikes.

Here: this is from the uro blog

Market creation and growth via “Earned Distribution”: to have a market – you need mass participation. What is the point of Uro if – when it reaches its proper value – that only a few hold it? There will be no point to such a currency – currency is something that is useful for exchange between people – especially strangers. The bigger the market the better – and we believe that the best way to create a large market is through what we call “Earned Distribution”: everyone that is holding Uro have earned them – by mining to keep the network operating, by contributing to the community via posting new information to strengthen its value, by buying some Uro. This is the free market at its best – mass participation with no freeloaders.

Please dont think that only the miners or day traders are on the exchanges- i got a few farmer friends in India and after speaking to them, i have bought some uro for them as well. And m not too sure if Rivaa Exports who placed the first order with 12500 uro were mining either.( here is the transaction http://uroexplorer.cryptocuttlefish.cc/address/UkTxkgTehxnrrmuUdx8hXre2GyUaeNasbW )

Hope this solves your riddle.

Thanks

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
▄█▀▀▄▄       █     █       ▄▄▀▀█▄
█     ▀▄▄    █     █    ▄▄▀     █
 █▄      ▀▄▄ █     █ ▄▄▀      ▄█
   ▀▄       ▀█▄   ▄█▀       ▄▀
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█▀   ▀█▄       ▀▄
 █▀      ▄▀▀ █     █ ▀▀▄      ▀█
█     ▄▀▀    █     █    ▀▀▄     █
▀█▄▄▀▀       █     █       ▀▀▄▄█▀
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

▄████████████▄▄████████████████████▄██▄███████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████████████▄██████████████████▀████▄████████████████
████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀████▄████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▀███████████████
▀████████████▀▀███▀███████████████████████████▀█████████████
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:30:35 PM

tl;dr

Cycle repeats.

160 orders? or 24 orders now...the uro are not destroyed upon being spent. we could see 50 orders happen right now if they were spent on urea and sold back from the NEIRs into the market.  fortunately no ones thatd dumb at the moment as the price is still so low they wouldnt sell the coins back into the market until it gets up towards 1:1.  

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:41:12 PM

You have a valid question.

And here's the answer. The devs of URO are creating value. There is no premine which means all the coins are in public domain. It doesn't matter who holds the initial coins, they are marketed towards those who need actual product and are willing to pay close to market value. Once these buyers of commodity have these tokens, they can then trade them to the producers for the product they need. As soon as the market realizes the coins are being bought up, the value will rise towards the value of the commodity. I'm sure they could have premined everything and kept it a private IPO. I don't know what the advantages are one way or the other but both methods are sound.

DFJ

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:48:33 PM

So riddle me this:  Which designer of URO thought it was a good idea to distribute URO to the mining public, which will theoretically entitle them to a vast amount of $ in urea?  Like if I'm Microsoft right, and I create a virtual currency (call it Xbox points), why would I give them to a bunch of random nobodies that have nothing to do with Xbox or Microsoft for free?

I guess this goes back to my point that BCT members don't know anything about finance; an URO coin is nothing like a share in apple; GES or whatever is not issuing equity and you are not buying equity in anything by owning URO.  Yikes.

Market creation and growth via “Earned Distribution”: to have a market – you need mass participation. What is the point of Uro if – when it reaches its proper value – that only a few hold it? There will be no point to such a currency – currency is something that is useful for exchange between people – especially strangers. The bigger the market the better – and we believe that the best way to create a large market is through what we call “Earned Distribution”: everyone that is holding Uro have earned them – by mining to keep the network operating, by contributing to the community via posting new information to strengthen its value, by buying some Uro. This is the free market at its best – mass participation with no freeloaders.

Please dont think that only the miners or day traders are on the exchanges- i got a few farmer friends in India and after speaking to them, i have bought some uro for them as well. And m not too sure if Rivaa Exports who placed the first order with 12500 uro were mining either.( here is the transaction http://uroexplorer.cryptocuttlefish.cc/address/UkTxkgTehxnrrmuUdx8hXre2GyUaeNasbW )

Thanks

Let me ask my riddle then this way: if you insist on giving away URO in order to spur adoption, why not give them to people that own urea?  Why give such a valuable amount to miners / etc?  You are giving those parties a totally unreasonable amount of compensation that will massively turn off people that actually own urea.  OK?

It is like if (suppose for a moment I can create URO coins arbitrarily) I told all the owners of URO, who have something that currently has value, that I am creating a ton of new URO and giving them to other people for nothing.  You would scream that the price might crash as they get dumped, why are you doing that, those people don't deserve valuable URO for doing nothing, etc.  You see the issue?  This is what is being done to urea holders.  

Except in practice it will simply prevent urea holders from signing on to the system in the first place.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:50:53 PM

tl;dr

Cycle repeats.

160 orders? or 24 orders now...the uro are not destroyed upon being spent. we could see 50 orders happen right now if they were spent on urea and sold back from the NEIRs into the market.  fortunately no ones thatd dumb at the moment as the price is still so low they wouldnt sell the coins back into the market until it gets up towards 1:1.  

There aren't 560,000 URO in circulation right now so that would be impossible. The URO aren't destroyed that is correct, but if they're taken out of circulation temporarily but the acceptors of the currency that creates a vacuum. That vacuum will be filled once the coins are released back to a hungry market at market value.

corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:52:37 PM

Thanks

Let me ask my riddle then this way: if you insist on giving away URO in order to spur adoption, why not give them to people that own urea?  Why give such a valuable amount to miners / etc?  You are giving those parties a totally unreasonable amount of compensation that will massively turn off people that actually own urea.  OK?

It is like if (suppose for a moment I can create URO coins arbitrarily) I told all the owners of URO, who have something that currently has value, that I am creating a ton of new URO and giving them to other people for nothing.  You would scream that the price might crash as they get dumped, why are you doing that, those people don't deserve valuable URO for doing nothing, etc.  You see the issue?  This is what is being done to urea holders.  

Except in practice it will simply prevent urea holders from signing on to the system in the first place.

There are 3 parties involved in a commodities transaction. The producers, the processors and the traders. You can't have a free commodity market without traders.

DFJ

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:55:16 PM

Thanks

There are 3 parties involved in a commodities transaction. The producers, the processors and the traders. You can't have a free commodity market without traders.

Are you suggesting that the average URO holder has any ability to trade urea?  You are making my point.  Why give so many URO to miner and investors that have no connection to the urea market?
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:56:57 PM

tl;dr

Cycle repeats.

There aren't 560,000 URO in circulation right now so that would be impossible. The URO aren't destroyed that is correct, but if they're taken out of circulation temporarily but the acceptors of the currency that creates a vacuum. That vacuum will be filled once the coins are released back to a hungry market at market value.
fine then the operative word would be there can not be more than 24 concurrent orders currently or 160 concurrent orders in the future.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
davisgreen (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:58:08 PM

Thanks

If it were some prepaid cards or something..yes would have made more sense.
But how u expect a cryptocurrency without miners..u mean they should have mined all the coins themselves without putting it up for the public?
M not too sure about that..may b some one else cud enlighten..how that wud have worked in having a free market!!!!

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
▄█▀▀▄▄       █     █       ▄▄▀▀█▄
█     ▀▄▄    █     █    ▄▄▀     █
 █▄      ▀▄▄ █     █ ▄▄▀      ▄█
   ▀▄       ▀█▄   ▄█▀       ▄▀
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█▀   ▀█▄       ▀▄
 █▀      ▄▀▀ █     █ ▀▀▄      ▀█
█     ▄▀▀    █     █    ▀▀▄     █
▀█▄▄▀▀       █     █       ▀▀▄▄█▀
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

▄████████████▄▄████████████████████▄██▄███████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████████████▄██████████████████▀████▄████████████████
████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀████▄████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▀███████████████
▀████████████▀▀███▀███████████████████████████▀█████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 195 »
  Print  

Jump to: