Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:23:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: decentralized Bitcoin are highly centralized to mtgox!11  (Read 28336 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:03:53 AM

i get the gist of whats he's trying to say but man is it an effort! Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:05:15 AM

Dude, WTF?

Why are you engaging in stereotypical Russian evilness behavior?

Stefan Thomas

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

AKA: Justmoon

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 03:10:44 AM

I'm sorry but I'm afraid so is serious. It would cost less than to be owed +$100 every day.

Maybe I even feel sorry about it. But we want anarchy and autoregulation? This is it is.

Just in case, say goodbye in advance. With you it was good, bitcoiners is a great community!

Pretty unbelievable.

Twitter: @justmoon
PGP: D16E 7B04 42B9 F02E 0660  C094 C947 3700 A4B0 8BF3
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:11:23 AM

But we want anarchy and autoregulation? This is it is.

You obviously know nothing about anarchism in the philosophical sense.  This DDoS attack is anarchy only in common use of that word, and it's far, far from the philosophical meaning of anarchism.  Anarchism in the political-philosophy sense has nothing to do with such a childish and idiotic thing.  Anarchist are in favor of organization and order, but happen to believe that it ought to come from the bottom up.  Anarchist are not in favor of harming others or causing the kind of disruption this DDoS represents.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:15:13 AM

Guys look at the bright side - now mtgox will have better protection against DDoS when the real threat comes along. It's like practice
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:16:20 AM

https://github.com/NewEraCracker/LOIC/wiki/How-to-run-LOIC-using-Mono

Oh look LOIC works on linux *hint hint* accepting donations in my https://btcex.com/ ddos attempt 1CBvDM2M37ExZjWjJDKEED7c9KGNEHY46k
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:19:32 AM

Incredibly childish, I've never used btcex but I certainly won't now.
bitcoinex (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 03:20:51 AM

Oh look LOIC works on linux *hint hint* accepting donations in my https://btcex.com/ ddos attempt 1CBvDM2M37ExZjWjJDKEED7c9KGNEHY46k

It is pointless - all of our clients took mtgox week ago.

But on this forum for such posts you will be baned wherever possible - I've learned the hard way right now.

New bitcoin lottery: probiwon.com
- Moжeт, ты eщё и в Heвидимyю Pyкy Pынкa вepyeшь? - Зaчeм жe вepoвaть в тo, чтo мoжнo нaблюдaть нeпocpeдcтвeннo?
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:22:36 AM

But on this forum for such posts you will be baned wherever possible - I've learned the hard way right now.

Please return the light side!

chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:26:09 AM

maN i USED TO LIKE YOU, i LOST LIKE 50 BTC TO PROBIWON AND HAD A GOOD TIME DOING IT BUT YOU JUST SUCK! whats the problem with mount gox, they make money u mad?

ITT: bitcoinex is massive butthurt
bitcoinex (OP)

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 03:32:40 AM

maN i USED TO LIKE YOU, i LOST LIKE 50 BTC TO PROBIWON AND HAD A GOOD TIME DOING IT

Thank you! very nice to hear actually. All that money went to pay for hosting and all these things, not for purchase weapons of mass destruction.

- Moжeт, ты eщё и в Heвидимyю Pyкy Pынкa вepyeшь? - Зaчeм жe вepoвaть в тo, чтo мoжнo нaблюдaть нeпocpeдcтвeннo?
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 03:33:52 AM

This is the stupiest thing that you could do.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
demonofelru

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:36:13 AM

By the way, I am announcing collecting donations for the ddos of mtgox for decreasing exchange rates!

1AwGzvwCxELCaJsxdzunhYTzTL6GVa2xvR

haxorz! please send letter to support@btcex.com and give your money for that work!

If this is a joke, it's a bad one. Angry

It sounds credible enough to be serious (with bitcoin address and email) for me to remove btcex from WeUseCoins until this is cleared up.

I'm sorry but I'm afraid so is serious. It would cost less than to be owed +$100 every day.

Maybe I even feel sorry about it. But we want anarchy and autoregulation? This is it is.

Just in case, say goodbye in advance. With you it was good, bitcoiners is a great community!

Most of us are good.  Then of course there are always asses like you.

Names do not matter; however, if you insist...id...
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:42:30 AM

Now the Russian can't exchange Russian rubes for bitcoin anymore. This is bad for the bitcoin economy.  Cry

PLATO

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:55:35 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2011, 04:51:16 AM by PLATO

bitcoinex - I'm not as pissed at you as most people in this thread are. There was a $4.15 trade on 'gox this morning, personally that seems pretty inflated to me.Exchanges are the obvious weak points in the bitcoin economy, a motivated entity could take down all the exchanges if they devoted enough effort.

Instead of squabbling let's integrate some of the cool stuff that the Cypherpunkd podcast talks about, and create a much less centralized exchange network.

Is there open source exchange software, for users who want to create their own exchanges? (edit: yes, unmaintained code here) Does it work well? Is there a way to sync it with the web of trust, so users can have some measure of confidence in new exchanges?

Users should have good ways to contribute to local exchange and trade if they're unwilling to meet face to face - e.g. they can mail or receive cashiers' checks or money orders.  (edit - see Ubitex)

We can extend the OTC web of trust (or rather, import it) into the physical realm for such transactions. The 'Black and Yellow pages' mentioned in one of those podcasts seemed to embody this idea (note that it's not fully implemented yet)

There was something else called Open Transactions that seemed to be a standard for online transactions, including but not limited to Bitcoins - I haven't looked into that yet.

I don't know if bitcoinex is being a dick or if he is trying to help Bitcoin or both, but this at least should drive some great discussion!

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:58:02 AM

bitcoinex - I'm not as pissed at you as most people in this thread are. There was a $4.15 trade on 'gox this morning, personally that seems pretty inflated to me.Exchanges are the obvious weak points in the bitcoin economy, a motivated entity could take down all the exchanges if they devoted enough effort.

Instead of squabbling let's integrate some of the cool stuff that the Cypherpunkd podcast talks about, and create a much less centralized exchange network.

Is there open source exchange software, for users who want to create their own exchanges? Does it work well? Is there a way to sync it with the web of trust, so users can have some measure of confidence in new exchanges?

Somebody is on it: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6584.0

Anonymous

May 01, 2011, 04:37:46 AM

The code to bitcoin central is open source. All it requires is more support than is currently being offered.

Someone could fork it and run a successful exchange if they had the resources and support.
bitcoinex (OP)

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 04:52:10 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2011, 05:08:17 AM by bitcoinex

Oh, yes, exactly, well, then I turn off my ddos and start writing p2p exchange!

This divestment debate aside, man.

Is there open source exchange software, for users who want to create their own exchanges? Does it work well? Is there a way to sync it with the web of trust, so users can have some measure of confidence in new exchanges?

Users should have good ways to contribute to local exchange and trade if they're unwilling to meet face to face - e.g. they can mail or receive cashiers' checks or money orders.

We can extend the OTC web of trust (or rather, import it) into the physical realm for such transactions. The 'Black and Yellow pages' mentioned in one of those podcasts seemed to embody this idea (note that it's not fully implemented yet)

There was something else called Open Transactions that seemed to be a standard for online transactions, including but not limited to Bitcoins - I haven't looked into that yet.

I don't know if bitcoinex is being a dick or if he is trying to help Bitcoin or both, but this at least should drive some great discussion!

Thanks for a sane post - 200% profit per 15 minutes for most people here are veiled eyes because we are all already members of the pyramid!

I think going construction of the financial pyramid or something like it. Mtgox condone this now because it is while beneficial to all except for people who enjoy bitcoin for its intended purpose.

Bitcoin oligarchs will not help us to regulate prices - now they were not advantageous to intervene but will collapse when they first try to exchange bitcoins for money. Price collapses and you're staying out of money. So will this really the law of the markets in which there are only speculators and no regulation.

Tomorrow they will draw (allegory) you to a higher rates and so on to infinity. And they will tell that once published an article in the Times and have very good expectations. While FBI don't knocking into door Smiley

(One guy in the Russian section, said he would ask the FBI (according to you) because of what we do. I laughed at him but I think it's actually right - without regulation it is now a pyramid scheme. I would not be surprised if the authorities ignore the essence of bitkoinov and just see the kind of strange firm in which people put money and ... get a little money sometimes. Smiley )

Therefore, the erosion of the exchange by the ddoses etc is the only one humane method. (oh, maybe there are still methods but I only know this and it is readed from article and not invented by me)

bitcoinex (OP)

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 04:54:42 AM

The code to bitcoin central is open source. All it requires is more support than is currently being offered.

Someone could fork it and run a successful exchange if they had the resources and support.

(By the way, who still doubt my intentions: I am advocating this idea for a long time in the Russian section. Yes, to the detriment of btcex.com, it will be a competitor. Nevertheless, it is necessary.)

mweather

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 04:58:21 AM

Oh, yes, exactly, well, then I turn off my ddos and start writing p2p exchange!

I wouldn't bother if I were you. Nobody will trust anything you write.

Better to leave it to someone who is respected by the community.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: