Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:55:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: decentralized Bitcoin are highly centralized to mtgox!11  (Read 28344 times)
LZ
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072

P2P Cryptocurrency

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 08:52:39 AM

bitcoinex does not represent views of all Russian part of the Bitcoin Community.

Please close this topic. I am shocked. Angry

My OpenPGP fingerprint: 5099EB8C0F2E68C63B4ECBB9A9D0993E04143362
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

May 01, 2011, 11:14:20 AM

* is disappointed.

This looks like a case of someone yelling 'fire' in a crowded cinema. It is very foolish to do something like that and people dont take kindly too it.
Anonymous

May 01, 2011, 11:15:49 AM

bitcoinex does not represent views of all Russian part of the Bitcoin Community.

Please close this topic. I am shocked. Angry

I dont think anyone has come to that conclusion. This is about one person not about where he comes from.
Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 11:28:47 AM

But we want anarchy and autoregulation? This is it is.

I must admit he has a point there.

DDoS attacks do not violate the non-aggression principle, so in an anarchy they are fair game.

But just because you're not violating the non-aggression principle doesnt mean you are not being a huge asshole.

DDoS attacks are an exploitation of the website owner's generosity and violation of the good faith principles that keep the internet running. (the tragedy of the commons that allows spam and DDoS  is an inherent design flaw of the internet but that is a different topic)

This attack was a minor inconvenience for the community, but his ruined reputation is real autoregulation in action.

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
jkminkov

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 11:39:21 AM

Undecided seems that ALL of you FAIL to understand eastern europeans' sarcasm Undecided

By the way, I am announcing collecting donations for the ddos of mtgox for decreasing exchange rates!

1AvGzvwCxELCaJsxdzunhYTzTL6GVa2xvR

haxorz! please send letter to support@btcex.com and give your money for that work!

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
error

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 11:41:46 AM

Undecided seems that ALL of you FAIL to understand eastern europeans' sarcasm Undecided

Perhaps. But sarcasm is a very bad idea when you have brought your reputation into question, as btcex did here.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 11:42:22 AM

Dear friends please treat this as a case of psychosocially unstable immature idiot who does not understand what he is doing. Just read his posts, obviously bad command of English in combination with some kind of cultural misunderstanding (though even I fail to understand that BS differently as compared to everyone else here).

We know some traders do jump out of the window occasionally. Maybe it is just like that. It certainly looks like the dude bet a farm (worth 160$) shorting bitcoin and got burned. So he went mad and it looks like he got 2 or 3 lunatics to post BS in his name. Moreover, based on his follow up posts in russian forum, he still does not understand how his actions look like to a normal person.

I am not trying to defend the idiot. He has commited a political suicide and deserves to live with consequences. I, personally, will not ever have any biz with anyone or anything ever remotely related to this guy, simply because having biz with lunatics is way too risky a  proposition.

The reason I am writing this is because I am very sad and embarrassed by this incident and very angry at this stupid immature idiot for tarnishing the name of Russian people.

Also please note he is not necessarily Russian, we only know that he is a Russian speaking person and there are hundreds of millions people who are Russian speaking but not Russian.

+1  It was reputation suicide.

One off NP-Hard.
bitcoinex (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 11:49:13 AM

Perhaps. But sarcasm is a very bad idea when you have brought your reputation into question, as btcex did here.

Rather, half of the community present themselves as animals when rate passes $2.5. Read what they write some famous people here.

soundtrack Smiley

New bitcoin lottery: probiwon.com
- Moжeт, ты eщё и в Heвидимyю Pyкy Pынкa вepyeшь? - Зaчeм жe вepoвaть в тo, чтo мoжнo нaблюдaть нeпocpeдcтвeннo?
Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 12:01:51 PM

By the way, I am announcing collecting donations for the ddos of mtgox for decreasing exchange rates!

haxorz! please send letter to support@btcex.com and give your money for that work!

I am from Eastern Europe and I still don't get it, тoвapищ.
jkminkov

Activity: 698

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 12:26:21 PM

I am from Eastern Europe and I still don't get it, тoвapищ.

it was either sarcasm* or self irony**

* - running exchange IMHO is easiest way to profit from bitcoins, get bitcoin offers from idiots and supply bitcoins to fools, tax both Cool
** - an Irish person might say - I haven't been back here since we bombed it in 1976.

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 12:28:46 PM

Bitcoinex,

I hope it was just misunderstood sarcasm and you really aren't behind such a childish action.

And using the opportunity, if you want to know why MtGox is much more successful than your site: your fees are too high!
At least last time I checked they were above 3% while MtGox was below 1%.

Have you considered a fixed fee per transaction? That would attract all the large sums of money to your exchange, making it have maybe even more volume than MtGox. Actually, constant fees make more sense than relative ones, as the costs of the exchange site don't really change concerning the amount of value but rather the amount of transactions.
bitcoinex (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 12:49:04 PM

Bitcoinex,

I hope it was just misunderstood sarcasm and you really aren't behind such a childish action.

And using the opportunity, if you want to know why MtGox is much more successful than your site: your fees are too high!
At least last time I checked they were above 3% while MtGox was below 1%.

Have you considered a fixed fee per transaction? That would attract all the large sums of money to your exchange, making it have maybe even more volume than MtGox. Actually, constant fees make more sense than relative ones, as the costs of the exchange site don't really change concerning the amount of value but rather the amount of transactions.

Thank you for your message.

The fact that we do not use automation in the processing of payments. Unfortunately, the vast majority of available banks and payment systems are not allow that or prohibit exchange for anonymous currency.

We never have large volumes of trades, so we do not charge a commission for trades - it is pointless.

I think the trades itself tends toward centralization, so mtgox will always have more attractive offers.

New bitcoin lottery: probiwon.com
- Moжeт, ты eщё и в Heвидимyю Pyкy Pынкa вepyeшь? - Зaчeм жe вepoвaть в тo, чтo мoжнo нaблюдaть нeпocpeдcтвeннo?
romanoza

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 01:27:05 PM

Once again I say, if I were Russian, I would be be so ashamed and embarrassed to admit that this evil asswipe with the intelligence of a pea is a fellow countryman of mine.

Man, you looking fool, when you say that 1 man or 1 bad joke describe all nation.
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 01:38:10 PM

Ok, maybe I will pull a massive amount of hatred on me now ...

Let's get our facts straight:

There is one person (bitcoinex) who thinks that the current market is much too centralized.
Which is right in my opinion.

He start's a DDoS-attack to prove his point and brings the site down for several hours.

What's so wrong about that ?

If he'd stayed anonymous nobody would be so stressed about the whole thing.
But instead he made his intentions publicly available so people can discuss about it. At least that's what I am thinking.
And instead of discussing, everybody is just like "herp derp, idiot, herp derp".

So, my message to all of you is:
Calm down, think about it and let's discuss in an open and mannered way.

So far,

~Smoke

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
PLATO

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 02:15:28 PM

Smoke - I agree, I would rather gox gets ddos'd  now, instead of in a few months when our userbase and bitcoin value is higher. This gives us a chance to talk about it and fix what's wrong.

MagicalTux now has some data that he can use to make Mt. Gox more resilient. The community has a lot to discuss, like how to implement a decentralized exchange network. Btcex has tarnished his reputation and should have probably remained anonymous.

See my previous post ITT for ideas on a decentralized exchange.

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
LZ
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072

P2P Cryptocurrency

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 09:21:16 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2011, 09:39:23 PM by lzsaver

What's so wrong about that ?
DDoS attacks (or threats of DDoS attacks) and an honest business environment are incompatible things.

My OpenPGP fingerprint: 5099EB8C0F2E68C63B4ECBB9A9D0993E04143362
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 09:54:06 PM

I personally haven't read anywhere bitcoinex admitting that he was involved, so my suggestion is not to jump to conclusions. Money at stake is getting bigger and bigger and IMO it was just clouded judgement at an emotional moment to write what he wrote. Plus, from his previous posts it's clear that he, as anybody else on this site, wants bitcoin to succeed.

Whatever the came maybe, there is a bigger issue on the table. We all saw what this attack did, so instead of arguing who's wrong and who's right, lets concentrate on solving the problem how we could be more decentralized.

If 1/few guys ground the whole market to a standstill, I'm afraid we stand no chance when the real crack down happens
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 10:01:03 PM

https://btcex.com/ claims:

"We are under DDoS attack"

I question the truth of that statement.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
Mashuri

Activity: 135
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 10:12:23 PM

The market will work work itself out.  As mtgox grows and becomes more profitable, more and better competitors will start materializing.  In other words, so long as Bitcoin continues to climb in demand, mtgox won't be the only game in town for long.

imanikin

Activity: 702
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 12:00:29 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2011, 09:21:41 AM by imanikin

...cпoкoйcтвиe, мyжики! Лyчшe нe caдитьcя нa TPOЛЛeйбycы c тaким кoличecтвoм вcякиx вёдep...  Cheesy

Дaвaйтe лyчшe тaк: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Pj2r94CDM

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: