Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:31:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is unfair to the non tech-savvy  (Read 7436 times)
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 09:11:02 AM

beautiful sunsets are unfair to the blind. Let's destroy the sun.

FYI:
Your current 'activity number' = Activity: 420
Your 'Personal Text:' = "blaze it fgt"

Really good pot is unfair to people who don't have enough money, let's destroy all the weed.  Cheesy

You're the first person to acknowledge this. It's like no one else on this forum uses teh internet.

Society doesn't scale.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kerafym

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:57:42 PM

When the bubble bust, the complain will the be other way around.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:00:14 PM

FYI:

Really good pot is unfair to people who don't have enough money, let's destroy all the weed.  Cheesy

You're the first person to acknowledge this. It's like no one else on this forum uses teh internet.

I acknowledge you're doing a great job sounding like a juvenile delinquent.

eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:16:53 PM

The non tech-savvy are unfair to Bitcoin.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:34:52 PM

The non tech-savvy are unfair to Bitcoin.

the non-savy are unfair to the world.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 08:33:42 PM

That's life.

peeveepee

Activity: 211

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:23:55 PM

Envy is a destructive feeling. It keeps you trapped in your current situation and prevents you from improving it.

Never thought envy can really screw someone up.
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 01:50:51 PM

FYI:

I acknowledge you're doing a great job sounding like a juvenile delinquent.

*phone rings* Hello? Oh it's the 1950s. They want their values and terminology back.

Society doesn't scale.
hollowframe

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:00:08 PM

Please show me investment that does not need "deep understanding" and is easy accessable to everyone? No? None? Well of course! If it was so obvious everyone would jump in at same time and noone would make any money. Bes tprofit is not where "everyone" is but in places where only few go.
Most investments that are available to the public are suppose to be somewhat regulated, and certain people are prevented from selling investments so you do not need to have a deep level of understanding of what you are investing in.
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:55:20 PM

Understanding Bitcoin will always be complex but after time goes on and Bitcoin becomes more popular actually using Bitcoin will become easy something which someone doesn't think about. I bet a lot of people don't understand how cash or banks work but still use the currency.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:10:31 AM

I think the distribution can't be expected to be perfect but sometimes you just have to take what you can get.  When Bitcoin was small they said it wouldn't work and now it is growing people complain it's not fair.  What is the answer then to start over from scratch and disregard Bitcoin?

FYI:

Sure you can have my weed , when you take it from my cold dead hands.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:31:07 AM

Bitcoin traders are sometimes accused of unfairly profiting from an opaque asset beyond the understanding of ordinary people.
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/currency/2014/07/bidding-on-bitcoin.html

Yesterday I met a couple of my old classmates on the street. They asked about Bitcoin and started to whine that most people don't understand the mathematical fundamentals behind Bitcoin and therefore had no realistic chance to invest when it was cheap. Of course, I encouraged them to invest now (better late than never) but seems that people generally rather enjoy wallowing in their own self-pity than take steps to adapt and overcome.

Even in this forum I have seen demeaning opinions about people who bought in when Bitcoin was trading single digits --- "they are not real investors and their earnings are equivalent to winning with a lottery ticket".

I can see that these issues can raise some negative emotions and Bitcoin has even not risen to 6666$ yet Cheesy. What's the worst case scenario to follow? Bitcoin Jesus getting beaten up by angry conventional Warren Buffer apprentices?

This is the correct way it should be, our society should not reward people that are lazy and unwilling to learn.

Let's put it this way; most people don't truly understand how conventional money works, they don't understand forex or the commodities markets and most don't understand superannuation.

These people are lazy! They put in 3 hours a day into the television, games, drinking beer! But they won't educate themselves. Then they wonder why others are rich and they are poor.

Bitcoin is not unique is this regard, it's another specalised area of money and finance that most people are too damn lazy to educate themselves about.

I love that we live in a society that rewards intelligent researchers such as ourselves than the lazy people that want millions for watching their televisions.

Put in the effort to learn, if you're unwilling to do so, don't complain! Tell these old friends that! Slow movers unwilling to put in the effort and learn must learn instead to be content with society moving ahead whilst they watch their televisions!

How can I feel bad for a lazy person? Money is one of the most important things in their lives yet they don't even know how the monetary system even works!

bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:36:46 AM

Fiat is unfair to those who are blind.

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 01:13:54 AM

Capitalism is inherently unfair to just about everyone. Bitcoin isn't a great enough paradigm shift to change that dynamic.

Perhaps the next technological breakthrough that builds upon the work the blockchain began will be, if we're lucky.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
hollowframe

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:18:06 AM

Understanding Bitcoin will always be complex but after time goes on and Bitcoin becomes more popular actually using Bitcoin will become easy something which someone doesn't think about. I bet a lot of people don't understand how cash or banks work but still use the currency.
Bitcoin is very easy to use today. It is very easy to setup a wallet, and purchase bitcoin. The problem is that it is also easy to "forget" to properly secure your wallet, or to not secure your wallet at all.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:50:32 AM

Fiat is unfair to those who are blind.

If the cashier is honest, then it works pretty well for blind people.
Fiat is unfair to those who hold it long enough for inflation to eat into it.

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:12:55 AM

That word, fair, she is being abused. Fair doesn't mean everyone gets the same. That wouldn't be fair at all to those who deserve more than average, or those who deserve less. And there will always be people who are better than you. As well as people who are worse.

Stop crying about those evil people who managed to do better than you. Look up to them instead and aim to do as well as they did or better.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
fa

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:06:44 AM

For non techs, using Bitcoin is like Edmund C. Moy (Former director of US Mint) said "Easy Peasy".
bitboy11

Activity: 534

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:43:38 AM

Now is as good a time as any for those non-tech savvy to pick up a book and learn.
jonanon

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:37:07 AM

I get the point of the OP. I'm not at all tech-savvy but still have some BTC, just enough to take advantage of a sudden move up but I would never put a lot in to it.

It can definitely be seen as unfair as someone who knows everything about how BTC works is at an advantage to those who don't. I still find it complicated but most of I have absolutely no interest in 'how' it works, I will always prefer physical wealth to BTC, ALWAYS!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: