Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:26:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is unfair to the non tech-savvy  (Read 7436 times)
skottiejay

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 06:53:02 PM

you all got your panties in a bunch something today, it's like is if somebody doesn't agree with you there's some reason the jump down my throat. i'm well aware that into 2011 I could've bought bitcoin $14, but for me in 2011 there wasn't much media about bitcoin. i'm aware that it was a gamble and risk and then nobody knew it was going to blow up. stop assuming things about me that you definitely don't know are true one, and secondly stop trolling my threads and stop calling my response. that's why if I were on the outside looking in on bitcoin, I wouldn't have the damn bit of interest in it because of responses like the ones in the thread.

What else could I say?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cozk

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:08:55 PM

Money is unfair to the poor people.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:09:46 PM

Even in this forum I have seen demeaning opinions about people who bought in when Bitcoin was trading single digits ...

Are we offering any "assistance" to the people who sold when Bitcoin was trading in single digits?

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:14:16 PM

you all got your panties in a bunch something today, it's like is if somebody doesn't agree with you there's some reason the jump down my throat. i'm well aware that into 2011 I could've bought bitcoin $14, but for me in 2011 there wasn't much media about bitcoin. i'm aware that it was a gamble and risk and then nobody knew it was going to blow up. stop assuming things about me that you definitely don't know are true one, and secondly stop trolling my threads and stop calling my response. that's why if I were on the outside looking in on bitcoin, I wouldn't have the damn bit of interest in it because of responses like the ones in the thread.

I wasn't even talking to you!   I was replying to giveBTCpls.
(When you quote someone and reply, it is assumed you are talking to them.) 
And also, is isn't your thread (because you didn't start it) and I'm not "trolling". 

Please learn how forums work.

skottiejay

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 07:19:32 PM

I don't think that I quoted you on that, that was more or less in response to the responses I'm getting for what I'm saying, and thanks I don't need a lesson on how forums work I was a mod at one for many years so I'm well aware thanks.

What else could I say?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:23:12 PM

I don't think that I quoted you on that, that was more or less in response to the responses I'm getting for what I'm saying, and thanks I don't need a lesson on how forums work I was a mod at one for many years so I'm well aware thanks.

No, you didn't quote me, you responded to my post where I quoted someone else
and told me to stop assuming things about you.

Whatever.

fiddelingones

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:39:51 PM

The need for people to have to store, hide, protect and backup their private Bitcoin addresses sucks imo. That's one of the weaknesses of Bitcoin.

You have it backwards. The ability to be the sole individual responsible for securing and spending my money is one of the greatest strengths of Bitcoin! No middlemen or authorities required.

Yes, this is biggest strength of Bitcoin, but only for tech-savvy.

I just hope in few years there will be very secure and cheap hardware wallet, so everyone can safely use Bitcoin even on compromised computer. I think this will be next Bitcoin milestone.

mobile4ever

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:57:01 PM

Yesterday I met a couple of my old classmates on the street. They asked about Bitcoin and started to whine that most people don't understand the mathematical fundamentals behind Bitcoin and therefore had no realistic chance to invest when it was cheap.

The old must make way for the new. Without that, there is no growth. I think it is right that those who are creating the future should profit from it. At the same time, those same people should be merciful to those who are not thinking about the future. We all have to live together.
nicked

Activity: 175

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:24:02 PM

Bitcoin is unfair to the "Lazy"! It doesn't take too much to learn how to use it.
halfawake

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:39:10 PM

I just hope in few years there will be very secure and cheap hardware wallet, so everyone can safely use Bitcoin even on compromised computer. I think this will be next Bitcoin milestone.

It's already being worked on.  The price was listed as 1 BTC back when a bitcoin cost $100, but I don't know if they've since changed what they plan on charging for it or not.

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:10:32 PM

The need for people to have to store, hide, protect and backup their private Bitcoin addresses sucks imo. That's one of the weaknesses of Bitcoin.

You have it backwards. The ability to be the sole individual responsible for securing and spending my money is one of the greatest strengths of Bitcoin! No middlemen or authorities required.

Yes, this is biggest strength of Bitcoin, but only for tech-savvy.

This is correct. If you are not tech-savvy enough then you will not be able to secure your coins and would need some middle man to effectively for you
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 11:03:18 PM

Bitcoin is unfair to the "Lazy"! It doesn't take too much to learn how to use it.
Exactly. It doesn't take long nor much effort to understand the basics of Bitcoin or any technology really.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Musent

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:44:14 AM

Bitcoin traders are sometimes accused of unfairly profiting from an opaque asset beyond the understanding of ordinary people.
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/currency/2014/07/bidding-on-bitcoin.html

Yesterday I met a couple of my old classmates on the street. They asked about Bitcoin and started to whine that most people don't understand the mathematical fundamentals behind Bitcoin and therefore had no realistic chance to invest when it was cheap. Of course, I encouraged them to invest now (better late than never) but seems that people generally rather enjoy wallowing in their own self-pity than take steps to adapt and overcome.

Even in this forum I have seen demeaning opinions about people who bought in when Bitcoin was trading single digits --- "they are not real investors and their earnings are equivalent to winning with a lottery ticket".

I can see that these issues can raise some negative emotions and Bitcoin has even not risen to 6666$ yet Cheesy. What's the worst case scenario to follow? Bitcoin Jesus getting beaten up by angry conventional Warren Buffer apprentices?

Do the same people complain because they didn't buy Google stock at 89 cents?
tmbp

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:59:26 AM

What kind of communist argument is that? I am a dumbass but I deserve the same reward as someone who has the talent to identify potential from a mile away?
hollowframe

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:20:33 AM

It's already being worked on.  The price was listed as 1 BTC back when a bitcoin cost $100, but I don't know if they've since changed what they plan on charging for it or not.
Why couldn't you simply buy a new, cheap computer that has never been connected to the internet?
halfawake

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:36:49 AM

Why couldn't you simply buy a new, cheap computer that has never been connected to the internet?

You can.  There's nothing wrong with that approach, and it's what I plan on doing myself.  But I suspect this a Trezor is cheaper if they keep the price the same, unless you get a computer used, it's likely going to cost a lot more than $100.

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
EnterReturn

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:36:14 AM

I'm delighted to see a rather mainstream article changing their tone on bitcoin. It's no longer magic internet money or drug money. The developing nations seem to be on everyone's mind when it comes to BTC. Good things to come.
zircon

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:34:31 AM

Business is unfair to non-businessmen. lol

devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:36:35 AM

Ideas of communism, interesting.
peeveepee

Activity: 211

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:36:43 AM

Business is unfair to non-businessmen. lol

And god is unfair for those who born into poverty.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: