Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:54:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Cassubian Detk (CDT) QUBIT PoW - coin for wooden investment  (Read 78631 times)
alicea (OP)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:24:50 AM

10 blocks to the first halving.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
k_d

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:38:00 AM

Hello people

As everybody can see in sources:

Code:
    int halvingInterval = 10000;
    int halvingGap = 30000; // Num of blocks between 1st and second halving

while (nHeight > halvingInterval) {
        nSubsidy /= 2;
        halvingInterval += halvingGap;
        halvingGap += 10000; // Next halving height gap is 10,000 blocks more than the last
        }

the first block halving is coming soon (in about 140 blocks). Primarily I thought that this emission curve with initial value of 50 coins and some halvings would be a good idea. I'd like to appreciate those who had believed in this coin in the first, the heaviest period.

Later I've realised that this emission curve causes that there will be a block reward only 1 CDT in about 1 year and 0.19 CDT in 3 years! It's unfair for the future miners. The early miners and supporters MUST be appreciated by higher block reward, BUT I still have to be fair to late/future miners. They need to mine it profitably, so the block reward should not fall to such low value. It must be stopped at certain level.

That's why I've considered putting an additional element to the block reward algoritm, saying "never lower than (until the max PoW supply is mined)". I was thinking that it could be 20 or 12.5 per block, maybe 10. Maybe 21 or 7 as they are lucky numbers. But I could not decide.

That's why I'd like to ask YOU - THE USERS and MINERS. What value would be honest?

This change will be put into the next planned wallet upgrade, that will be in the last days of August/first days of September.
If you've found a bug in the current wallet, please PM me, I'll deal with it

Could the block reward simply stay at 25?
3 lines to be deleted, and looks like this:
Code:
    int halvingInterval = 10000;

while (nHeight > halvingInterval) {
        nSubsidy /= 2;
        }
JP2GMD

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

multitool freak

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:39:46 AM

The trees24 website for trees planting and trading is planned to be launched on Aug 25.

The silver bullion coins issued by the Jewellery Garden, a company from Gdańsk, are planned to be ready in the first decade of September.

Maybe it's a good idea to add a countdown on the webiste  Roll Eyes
k_d

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:39:40 PM

The trees24 website for trees planting and trading is planned to be launched on Aug 25.

The silver bullion coins issued by the Jewellery Garden, a company from Gdańsk, are planned to be ready in the first decade of September.

Maybe it's a good idea to add a countdown on the webiste  Roll Eyes

Oh no! The better idea is to be careful on twitter and forum Smiley
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:16:39 AM

Does the total number of coins to be created have to remain the same?

If it has to remain the same, my only idea would be to decrease block size down to 8 immediately and increase the block halving time significantly. This would extend the time allowed for people to mine within the 8 to 4 reward range to over 1 year.

8 months at 8, 8 months at 4, 8 months at 2, 8 months at 1

k_d

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:23:34 AM

Alicea wrote that it will remain the same.

If it has to remain the same, my only idea would be to decrease block size down to 8 immediately and increase the block halving time significantly. This would extend the time allowed for people to mine within the 8 to 4 reward range to over 1 year.

Should it fall so low? Extending the time is a good idea, but I don't know if the block reward of 1 in 2017 guarantees profitability from mining. How does the Litecoin's halvings look like? There're no halvings at all, aren't they?
alicea (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:33:25 PM

Should it fall so low? Extending the time is a good idea, but I don't know if the block reward of 1 in 2017 guarantees profitability from mining. How does the Litecoin's halvings look like? There're no halvings at all, aren't they?

Yes, the total amount will stay the same.
Only reward per block would be changed, and because of that the whole distribution period will change.

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:48:55 PM

Only reward per block would be changed, and because of that the whole distribution period will change.

The only things I can think of doing is immediately dropping the block reward down really low or changing to POS mining. POS would give miners the ability to buy coins and then mine POS style with them on any old computer. No more wasting energy with POW.

Does anyone else have any other ideas?

k_d

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:51:23 PM

The only things I can think of doing is immediately dropping the block reward down really low or changing to POS mining. POS would give miners the ability to buy coins and then mine POS style with them on any old computer. No more wasting energy with POW.

Does anyone else have any other ideas?

I've understood from the beginning, that pure PoW is an advantage. Something like good old-school and like Litecoin. I appreciate it (even with my small GPU).
JP2GMD

multitool freak

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:21:44 AM

So is it worth it to mine with slow GPU? From the wallet app (I don't see the option)?
marada

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:30:17 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 06:05:29 PM by marada

So is it worth it to mine with slow GPU? From the wallet app (I don't see the option)?

You can't mine with GPU from wallet directly.
You need GPU miner like sgminer. See the OP.

Using small GPU with wallet is not a good idea.
Much better to use pool instead. It could make a sense to mine with a small GPU.
Don't expect too much coins, but at the other hand you won't burn too much electricity.
There are some small but quite effective GPUs.

alicea (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:13:24 PM

What Graphics Processing Unit you have in your computer?

I've understood from the beginning, that pure PoW is an advantage. Something like good old-school and like Litecoin. I appreciate it (even with my small GPU).
Sure it is. I think.
You may consider it a joke or not - the idea of block reward that equals the difficulty Smiley It would be very just, because the more hashrate is present, the more coins are to be divided between miners.

alicea (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:34:29 PM

Not PoW, not PoS, but... PoTh!

Brain Mining - a method of PoTh (Proof of Thinking)

Cassubian Detk is announcing the new way of mining coins - the Brain Mining! PoTh is much more efficient than PoW mining - there're no electricity costs, because the miners do it with their brains.

The PoTh block equals the actual PoW value, but there're only 2 blocks a day (12 hours block time). Blocks are valid after 7 confirmations (here, in Detk's thread on bitcointalk forum).

The algo: think about a picture, image or animation, and create it. The picture must coax to using the altcoins (especially Cassubian Detk). Most appreciated will be the content addressed to people from outside the cryptocommunity, to make them interest in the cryptocoins. Post your work in this thread and wait for confirmations!

The confirmations will be given by other users by quoting the image.

The source of brain mined coins: the development fund.

JP2GMD

multitool freak

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:51:04 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 08:48:00 AM by JP2GMD

What Graphics Processing Unit you have in your computer?
Intel GS45 Express Chipset in weaker laptop and nVidia 8600 256 MB in stronger. Electricity bill is not an issue, I've got it included in my rent.

EDIT: what sgminer version for Windows 7 would you recommend?
kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:26:45 PM

I really like all the stuff going on here. Silver coins, tree planting and trading platform Smiley Thanks for all the hard work from our dev!

I have been in contact with C-CEX and they are interested in listing this coin. I was told to get some people over in the C-CEX chat box to help support the coin. Particularly if the dev can pop in there we can be listed. We can be listed in a soon as 3 hours if they see support for this coin. I'm over there now talking about it. Feel free to join me.

https://c-cex.com/
JP2GMD

multitool freak

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:29:22 PM

I really like all the stuff going on here.

Me too. Such a shame one has to wait for buy/sell order so long to come through  Sad
kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:59:36 PM

Looks like they decided to add us:

https://c-cex.com/?p=cdt-btc
alicea (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:36:16 PM

Very nice Smiley I've just added this info to the OP.

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:18:08 PM

Come talk on the chatbox there. Inform people about the coin so they know it isn't another one of the junk scam coins that they add.

kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:01:56 PM

Come talk on the chatbox there. Inform people about the coin so they know it isn't another one of the junk scam coins that they add.

That would be so good if alicea could come talk in there. People trust devs that come and let them know we are a serious coin. Would be great for the coin and more people will get involved. Come say hi  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: