Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:34:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Cassubian Detk (CDT) QUBIT PoW - coin for wooden investment  (Read 78631 times)
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:12:12 PM

I'm going to build a house out of mahogany wood in 12 years.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:55:43 PM

I'm going to build a house out of mahogany wood in 12 years.

Looking forward to my log mansion
marada

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:59:53 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 02:05:37 PM by marada

What Graphics Processing Unit you have in your computer?
Intel GS45 Express Chipset in weaker laptop and nVidia 8600 256 MB in stronger. Electricity bill is not an issue, I've got it included in my rent.

EDIT: what sgminer version for Windows 7 would you recommend?

Intel GS45 is not really useful for mining.
Nvidia 8600 could possibly have some mining capabilities. Could you specify the exact model?
Please compare with: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA
You need CUDA capability.

The other point is using (nearly any) laptop for mining.
Please mind mining increases the system load and heat generation.
No laptop is really a good solution with some rare exceptions...

You simply shorten the lifespan of the internal components.

It is possible using some dual graphics (like Lenovo G505, G585) laptops along with proper external cooling pad could make sense for mining...
alicea (OP)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:28:08 PM

We have some technical issues with the trees trading website. Its launch delayed. I'm sorry!

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:40:23 PM

We have some technical issues with the trees trading website. Its launch delayed. I'm sorry!

That's ok.

alicea (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:07:12 PM

That's ok.

That's not ok, I'd like to have none of those problem in the day of launch of anything. But the truth is as it is. And I'd like to be sincere with you.
I was not the person coding it, I've only put an eye on it from time to time. Keep calm. The trees trading website will be opened when it will be working and 200% safe. It's only the webmaster's fault, none of coins neither trees are lost. Don't worry now, we'll open in this or other way, because the trees/trade are the goal. Not the particular technical solutions Smiley

kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:28:45 PM

That's ok.

That's not ok, I'd like to have none of those problem in the day of launch of anything. But the truth is as it is. And I'd like to be sincere with you.
I was not the person coding it, I've only put an eye on it from time to time. Keep calm. The trees trading website will be opened when it will be working and 200% safe. It's only the webmaster's fault, none of coins neither trees are lost. Don't worry now, we'll open in this or other way, because the trees/trade are the goal. Not the particular technical solutions Smiley

Well at least no one dumped their coins, usually not delivering means everyone yells scam and price goes to 1 satoshi. Prices are crazy low anyways. I guess we all still believe in CDT. Looking forward to it Smiley 200% safe is required.
JP2GMD

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

multitool freak

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:18:44 PM

I don't mind the results being poor - that machine can be delegated to mining...

Nvidia 8600 could possibly have some mining capabilities. Could you specify the exact model?
256 MB, MacBook Pro Santa Rosa 2009
However, that better machine would not be used for mining this year, but in the future...

As an occasional 3D gamer, I am aware of this. Weaker machine has a row of dead pixels on display, so I don't mind it degrading further.
I have a very efficient laptop stand (around 25 cm of dead air space below), so cooling shouldn't be that big of a deal.

TL;DR: I am aware of limitations, but I'd like to mine on a laptop.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:43:35 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 01:10:49 AM by fartbags

That's ok.

It's ok. Software developers are always late with deadlines. It is better to get it done well than get it done fast. You estimate of when it will be out. You can not ever know exactly when something will be completed.

marada

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:58:55 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 11:31:49 AM by marada

I don't mind the results being poor - that machine can be delegated to mining...

Well, if so...
1) Hoover up the airduct properly.

2) Download and compile the CPU miner.
Yes, unfortunately this GPU has no mining or any other known computational capabilities with the exception of some basic 2D/3D acceleration.
But you can use your CPU for that.

Here is a guide how to compile the software under MAC: http://www.webmonkey.com/2010/02/compile_software_from_source_code/
It seems to be nearly the same as for Linux, so I guess you can do it this way:

First install some required dependencies: libcurl and jansson. Install or make sure you have compiler installed.

Code:
git clone https://github.com/ig0tik3d/QubitCoin-cpuminer-v.1.1
cd QubitCoin-cpuminer-v.1.1
./autogen.sh
./configure CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native"
make

If your system doesn't accept git command you may either install git first or download and unpack the archive manually.

You may also download a precompiled miner instead.
It is possibly easier but not as optimal solution.
The compilation allow to optimize the output for your specific CPU type.

However, that better machine would not be used for mining this year, but in the future...

As an occasional 3D gamer, I am aware of this. Weaker machine has a row of dead pixels on display, so I don't mind it degrading further.
I have a very efficient laptop stand (around 25 cm of dead air space below), so cooling shouldn't be that big of a deal.

In case of the newer laptop you may find some useful info here:
http://www.johnchapman.net/ccminer/
alicea (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:52:36 AM

Well, if so...
1) Hoover up the airduct properly.

2) Download and compile the CPU miner.
Yes, unfortunately this GPU has no mining or any other known computational capabilities with the exception of some basic 2D/3D acceleration.
But you can use your CPU for that.

Here is a guide how to compile the software under MAC: http://www.webmonkey.com/2010/02/compile_software_from_source_code/
It seems to be nearly the same as for Linux, so I guess you can do it this way:

First install some required dependencies: libcurl and jansson. Install or make sure you have compiler installed.

Code:
git clone https://github.com/ig0tik3d/QubitCoin-cpuminer-v.1.1
cd QubitCoin-cpuminer-v.1.1
./autogen.sh
./configure CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native"
make

If your system doesn't accept git command you may either install git first or download and unpack the archive manually.

You may also download a precompiled miner instead.
It is possibly easier but not as optimal solution.
The compilation allow to optimize the output for your specific CPU type.

In case of the newer laptop you may find some useful info here:
http://www.johnchapman.net/ccminer/

We need more miners Smiley

k_d

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:57:26 AM

Oh why? The price on c-cex rises, so I don't like too much competition in mining...
marada

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:51:26 PM

Oh why? The price on c-cex rises, so I don't like too much competition in mining...

To secure the network better. Especially against dumpers. Wink
alicea (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:14:07 PM

But spread your hash, please, we have not https://cdt.suprnova.cc/ only, but

http://cdt.pool.mn
and
http://cdt.777pool.com/
too!

marada

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:15:12 PM

and
too!

I am mining solo Smiley.
kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:56:04 PM

and
too!

I will put 100 mh on it if this site turns out to be real: http://trees24.trade/
alicea (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:12:29 PM

I will put 100 mh on it if this site turns out to be real: http://trees24.trade/

I'll explain the whole situation.

There're 2 separate things: 1) the grounds and trees to be planted there and 2) the website.

Let's start with point 2) website.

The idea of trees24 was created by the team: Teodor, Detk team, and of course me, too. We had not a person between us who was able to do the trees trading website, so we started looking for such a person in May.
Some of them didn't want to do it, some others wanted too much money. In meantime my friend gave me the telephone number to his friend, a certain person: Wojciech Brożek, a member of web administration team at technical university in our city. I've met him there and we've agreed the terms of cooperation. He declared that he'll create the trading platform till the end of August, later he expanded that the website will be ready on Aug 25. He declared last week that the website is on the server, but we've all only spent time looking for it. The guys from our team suppose that the website hasn't been uploaded to the server, simply. We (the Detk team) have problems contacting him now. I don't know what's going on and now I am in the worst situations, because can't execute his work from him. I don't understand his intentions.
If you'd like to help us investigating and explaining the whole situation, I can send you his phone number via PM/email. If you'd like to have some more detailed information from me, here's my mobile phone: +48 691 999 702.

What was created by me - I take the whole responsibility. When I promise something from myself - I can guarantee the result, because for me my word is worth more than money.
This guy is not a member of our team, but a cooperator. I believed that he'll keep to the terms of agreement and declared here that the website will be ready on time.

Now, point 1) the grounds and trees.

The trees and the grounds to grow them, are real: I have some written and some verbal declarations from farmers by now. These are the 100% real things, touched by me. We can plant the real trees as soon as we have autumn here (the vegetation must be stopped, it's first decade of October), even without the trading platform. And Teodor's company has this ground for mahogany, it's touchable, too. He will plant them in the proper moment in rhytm of nature, too. Not because of website.

I can guarantee that the real trees will be planted in real places. I can guarantee that I go the extra mile and the tree trading platform will be launched. But in the situation we have today, I can't declare the date.

kryptologist

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:30:01 PM

I'll explain the whole situation.

There're 2 separate things: 1) the grounds and trees to be planted there and 2) the website.

Let's start with point 2) website.

The idea of trees24 was created by the team: Teodor, Detk team, and of course me, too. We had not a person between us who was able to do the trees trading website, so we started looking for such a person in May.
Some of them didn't want to do it, some others wanted too much money. In meantime my friend gave me the telephone number to his friend, a certain person: Wojciech Brożek, a member of web administration team at technical university in our city. I've met him there and we've agreed the terms of cooperation. He declared that he'll create the trading platform till the end of August, later he expanded that the website will be ready on Aug 25. He declared last week that the website is on the server, but we've all only spent time looking for it. The guys from our team suppose that the website hasn't been uploaded to the server, simply. We (the Detk team) have problems contacting him now. I don't know what's going on and now I am in the worst situations, because can't execute his work from him. I don't understand his intentions.
If you'd like to help us investigating and explaining the whole situation, I can send you his phone number via PM/email. If you'd like to have some more detailed information from me, here's my mobile phone: +48 691 999 702.

What was created by me - I take the whole responsibility. When I promise something from myself - I can guarantee the result, because for me my word is worth more than money.
This guy is not a member of our team, but a cooperator. I believed that he'll keep to the terms of agreement and declared here that the website will be ready on time.

Now, point 1) the grounds and trees.

The trees and the grounds to grow them, are real: I have some written and some verbal declarations from farmers by now. These are the 100% real things, touched by me. We can plant the real trees as soon as we have autumn here (the vegetation must be stopped, it's first decade of October), even without the trading platform. And Teodor's company has this ground for mahogany, it's touchable, too. He will plant them in the proper moment in rhytm of nature, too. Not because of website.

I can guarantee that the real trees will be planted in real places. I can guarantee that I go the extra mile and the tree trading platform will be launched. But in the situation we have today, I can't declare the date.

Great, thanks for the explanation. We are still not at the end of August. I'm shocked a developer is posting their mobile phone number. I'm curious to call it to verify but I have no reason to doubt you. It would be nice to get some pictures of the grounds to grow, I think lots more people will jump on board once they see something real. Are you able to post some pictures?

What is the functionality of this tree trading platform? C-Cex merchant API works well for accepting cryptocurrency as payment for your products.

I'm excited to buy some mahogany trees and invest in a smarter greener future. Thanks for all your hard work Smiley
JP2GMD

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

multitool freak

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:56:04 AM

marada, thanks for your help.

What is the functionality of this tree trading platform? C-Cex merchant API works well for accepting cryptocurrency as payment for your products.

Maybe the point is to promote the tree trading platform. Your point was to use C-Cex API "under the hood" of the trees website?
Giving out mobile number - I admire dev's transparency efforts. I hope something great will grow (pun intended) from here.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:24:11 AM

marada, thanks for your help.

Maybe the point is to promote the tree trading platform. Your point was to use C-Cex API "under the hood" of the trees website?
Giving out mobile number - I admire dev's transparency efforts. I hope something great will grow (pun intended) from here.

Yes, use c-cex for the payment acceptance. It works well. You could build your own code to handle payments but that would require a lot more work.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: