Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:53:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some advices what programs to use...  (Read 865 times)
btcxyzzz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2012, 09:34:45 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2012, 12:00:57 AM by btcxyzzz

Hello 2 all good people out there Smiley

I checked for Bitcoin some time ago and I was instantly amazed by ideas behind and now I managed to dig a bit deeper and all I can say my feeling is that the system is honest, maybe favorinf the ones who are in it from beginning, but that seems fair to me anyways.... Long story short, I decided to go mining myself (I see it as helping the network and general idea, and this could be the most natural way new bitcoins are released, possibly we're living in big times when real new honest monetary scheme is on its way up...) bla bla, that's something I just needed to say to people around because I'm actually overwhelmed by the power of the people displayed here. Honest, rightful people... That was not so short story Smiley) ... hehe

So primarily I'm interested in best CPU miners.

- The mining program should have ability to run as service (preferrably natively), no problem if it's regular but can be started as service using one of the methods
- Mining program should be able to connect to mining proxy (hope I'm using right terminology) through anonymous HTTP proxy, in this case ISA 2006.
- Mining program should be able to change its priority not to interfere with foreground processes slowing down the regular man's work on a machine.
- Found two programs that act as mining proxy: https://github.com/cdhowie/Bitcoin-mining-proxy and https://github.com/btc-shotgun/Bitcoin-mining-proxy. Second seems to be the branch of first with some new functionalities, right? Which one is better, or is there some other solutions?
- Mining proxy should connect to what? Some pool or what? This is what I still don't understand enough. What would you advice?

Thank you very much for (possible) answers...

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 11:55:39 PM

Here are a couple threads that you should read first:

- http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67584.0;all
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67948.0;all

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

truckingeek

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 03:12:51 AM

Beware running miners on hardware that you don't own or have explicit permission from the owners to run it on.  In many jurisdictions it's considered theft and can be prosecuted just like you'd hacked a major network or something.

Nevermind the fact you'd essentially be stealing the electricity to do the mining.  Generally pretty bad juju.
btcxyzzz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 04:53:06 AM

And what if the level of corruption in my firm is so high that the amount of healthy anarchism may be considered as positive thing? Salaries are so miserable not because there's no money, but because the politicians are rotten enough to blatantly steal about 80% of profits effectively making us modern slaves? Using their (actually our) resources for the a greater good such is Bitcoin can't be immoral.

Just imagine much more people thinking just like me. Wouldn't that be the end of classic central-bank issued currencies which are the primary bad thing responsible for all the misery we have in the world now? Watched Zeitgest documentaries?

So I have no moral doubts about it, will someone help me or I will ask this topic to be deleted.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 07:09:07 AM

Hello 2 all good people out there Smiley

I checked for Bitcoin some time ago and I was instantly amazed by ideas behind and now I managed to dig a bit deeper and all I can say my feeling is that the system is honest, maybe favorinf the ones who are in it from beginning, but that seems fair to me anyways.... Long story short, I decided to go mining myself (I see it as helping the network and general idea, and this could be the most natural way new bitcoins are released, possibly we're living in big times when real new honest monetary scheme is on its way up...) bla bla, that's something I just needed to say to people around because I'm actually overwhelmed by the power of the people displayed here. Honest, rightful people... That was not so short story Smiley) ... hehe

I wanna go mining because I have a fair amount of machines under my control and plenty of administration knowledge this should be no problem for me.. I need just advices what software to use, not to wander too much around and loose time with utilities not suitable for me. My network is comprised mainly of Windows XP 32-bit systems, several Windows 32bit ans 64bit servers and few Linuxes, and one Playstation 3. Got few NVidia cards around, maybe some ATIs too Smiley Still I think I will be able to use GPU on just a few machines. So primarily I'm interested in best CPU miners.

- The mining program should have ability to run as service (preferrably natively), no problem if it's regular but can be started as service using one of the methods
- Mining program should be able to connect to mining proxy (hope I'm using right terminology) through anonymous HTTP proxy, in this case ISA 2006.
- Mining program should be able to change its priority not to interfere with foreground processes slowing down the regular man's work on a machine.
- Found two programs that act as mining proxy: https://github.com/cdhowie/Bitcoin-mining-proxy and https://github.com/btc-shotgun/Bitcoin-mining-proxy. Second seems to be the branch of first with some new functionalities, right? Which one is better, or is there some other solutions?
- Mining proxy should connect to what? Some pool or what? This is what I still don't understand enough. What would you advice?

Thank you very much for (possible) answers...

One decent ATI GPU mines at a rate faster than 100 or more of high-end CPUs.  It just isn't worth anyone's time to try to do Bitcoin mining on CPU anymore.
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

There are alternative currencies such as Litecoin that will mine well on CPUs however whether or not that would yield a financial gain, or at what level that gain would be I wouldn't know.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

btcxyzzz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 07:42:07 AM

Thanks for information, but I already knew it. Besides, I'm doing it more for fun and support of the system rather than imagining some serious cash...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: