Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:29:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Shakaru debt  (Read 3602 times)
Bitsinmyhead

Activity: 465
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 03:45:25 PM

I would also ruin his reputation: no one would ever extend a loan to him again.

You do realize that in total he owes more than $20 000 right? I really doubt his reputation here is worth more than that...

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 03:45:31 PM

Stop assuming.  I was ROI% I didn't say short term ROI%.

Anyone who assumes that a business venture doesn't exist to take the maximum ROI% option is naive.

However, I tend to disagree to the notion that everything boils down to ROI. That kind of thinking
is is a surefire way to demonstrate to all your business partners, present and future that you're the
perfect arsehole and convince them to never do business again with you.

Nice guy and business success rarely have anything to do with each other.  I have invested in many assholes over the years and would do it again.  Shakaru biggest problem IMHO is that he was a nice guy who was totally out of his league.  His "niceguyness" didn't do jack crap for his investors ROI.
Bitsinmyhead

Activity: 465
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 03:49:49 PM

And listen to DeathAndTaxes, he knows what he is talking about. Except for this part:

Shakaru biggest problem IMHO is that he was a nice guy who was totally out of his league.  His "niceguyness" didn't do jack crap for his investors ROI.

Shakaru is a scammer who put up a "nice guy" front to be able to stay in the scam as long as possible.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 03:50:25 PM

We're not talking about financing a house, here it's just $1K.

Like I said if the seller was smart he would have insta accepted your offer.  Obviously you think 50% is fair and the seller thinks it is too low.  I just find that funny.
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 03:55:25 PM

I now fully believe that you do indeed work for the finance industry.

You guys have been making lots of friends in recent years.
Does anyone still invite you to their houses ?

"Making the world a better place, one dollar at a time" Smiley

That was uncalled-for. Why does shit devolve into personal insults so quickly on these forums?
copumpkin
Donator

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 03:56:47 PM

Shakaru biggest problem IMHO is that he was a nice guy who was totally out of his league.

I'm not sure that's an accurate picture to paint, either. If you look back at the beginning of the Shades Minoco thread (and others, before the shit hit the fan), he was acting fairly arrogantly towards prospective investors.
copumpkin
Donator

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 04:01:36 PM

I'll buy it from you for the BTC equivalent of $625

Someone wants me to tell you that you're insane.

Okay, sure, but ... why exactly ?

It was just a joke Smiley I just think nobody was expecting anyone to pay that much for Shakaru's debt, is all.
Sannyasi

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2012, 06:02:05 PM

Debt is for people that shouldn't be messing with bitcoins..... I don't want to be famous here so I don't think I'll expand on why or argue why- people with knowledge will know why along with reasons not mattering at all in any case. Enjoy fapping/speculating folks. (has overused the word 'why' in this topic)

1DxP5iL6hN5Gd3cwmDz9uFSntW8ALBQaGK

http://gamerkeys.net/common/home.htm <- the best place to get games!

my portfoio: http://windowsofamind.com
copumpkin
Donator

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 07:36:05 PM

Debt is for people that shouldn't be messing with bitcoins..... I don't want to be famous here so I don't think I'll expand on why or argue why- people with knowledge will know why along with reasons not mattering at all in any case. Enjoy fapping/speculating folks. (has overused the word 'why' in this topic)

wat.
3phase

Activity: 313
Merit: 251

Third score

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:55:08 PM

Sorry a couple trillion dollars in deliquent debt changes hands every year.

True. It'also true that most of this debt is bought with the intention to be flipped to a greater fool. Does this apply here?

Fiat no more.
Δoκιμάστε τo http://multibit.org - Bitcoin client τώρα και στα Eλληνικά
ermsam (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 12:57:37 AM

We're not talking about financing a house, here it's just $1K.

Like I said if the seller was smart he would have insta accepted your offer.  Obviously you think 50% is fair and the seller thinks it is too low.  I just find that funny.

I accepted it, so am I smart now?
bitfoo
Donator

Activity: 289

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 01:07:52 AM

So, while on this topic, does anyone want to buy Shakaru's debt to me too? I'm owed $377, will let it go for 35 BTC (roughly 50%).

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 01:09:23 AM

I'll pile on for 50% of the 63 BTC owed to me also.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 02:15:23 AM

I now fully believe that you do indeed work for the finance industry.

You guys have been making lots of friends in recent years.
Does anyone still invite you to their houses ?

"Making the world a better place, one dollar at a time" Smiley

That was uncalled-for. Why does shit devolve into personal insults so quickly on these forums?

Take it as a personal insult if you must. It wasn't. It was a direct attack on this
deeply ingrained belief that way too many people hold that you can separate your
business dealings from you actually are.

The good old "nothing personal, it was just business, you understand" after you're
done fucking someone up the arse.

At one point in history, this is what made the catholic church so popular:
"I can sin all week, and be the perfect asshole, screw my customers all
day long ... it doesn't matter, I get to church on Sunday, where the great
laundromat in the sky takes it all away and makes me white as snow again"

The kind of logic DeathAndTaxes is spouting is exactly what landed the entire
world in the financial quagmire we're currently in: everything is fine as long
as I make a profit. Long term consequences ? Who cares, the world can burn
up in flames, as long as I'm making a buck.

Investing with a perfect asshole ? That completely fine. He can go rob a bank
and kill people, I don't care, I don't want to know, as long as my ROI looks good.

So, take it as an ad hominem attack if you want. My attack is on folks who claim
that being nice in business is bad idea and damn the consequences.

Being nice isn't the same as being stupid.

On the other hand, behaving like an arsehole has consequences other than
the immediate impact on ROI, e.g. how much people will be wanting to interact
with you on a forum knowing what you do for a leaving and where your ethics
are at.

As will people be offended and consider your racist and hateful misinterpretation of Catholic dogma to be ignorant. Adding something so grotesquely incorrect makes you look stupid, pick a better analogy.

And I'm glad there are business people who feel the way you do in the world. Really. It's nice to do business with someone who gives a damn. But it is also just as satisfying to do a deal with a complete arsehole, if both the arsehole and I come out of the deal feeling that we gained on the transaction. Emotion, compassion and anthropomorphizing transactions is nothing more than trying to build an artificial construct around a deal that makes you feel more protected.

It's a waste of effort.

I would absolutely encourage shakuru to buy up as much of his paper as possible at whatever discount he can wrangle. This has the immediate effect of allowing him to satisfy more of his debtors more rapidly. When one considers that there is approximately $20,000 in completely unsecured debt, backed by nothing more than a few comments made anonymously on a discussion forum? FFS, you should be damn glad to see anything on this.

And to back that up with a serious offer- I will buy as much of this debt as the market would care to sell at 1% on the original verified total, subject to a separate repayment schedule that shakuru and I would have to agree to. Four times what a lot of liquidations offer, and a full one bitcent on the bitcoin better than a complete rogering. Do you want the jingle of bitcoins in your pocket right now, right here, or do you want to have continued faith in the moral fiber and ethical make-up of shakuru?

Offer is on the table.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 03:42:28 PM

I was making an allegorical reference to the level of judgement and misinformed ignorance in your statement by equating it with "racism". Let me put it in smaller words so you won't be troubled by trying to translate it into Foolish:

You made a very wrong statement about Catholics. You were wrong to do so. You don't understand Catholicism, and in making the statement you did in support of your argument, you made yourself look uneducated.

On the other hand- racism is often used to describe prejudice against religious practice in common vernacular. Consider the continuous references to the "racially" motivated hatred directed towards Muslims in the US and the UK.

To compound your poorly conceived notion by equating dogma with "stupid" only brings your prejudice to further light. A core belief within the context of faith is not "stupid", it is just that, a core belief held by a follower of a given faith. No different in application than your dogma that individuals cannot separate their working lives and integrity from their personal lives. A core belief, neh? Your faith allows you to pass judgement on others based on the acceptance that reputation is far more important that physical assets. Which is deliciously ironic, in that you are casting yourself in a very unethical light by attacking other maliciously, detracting from your reputation and credibility, while arguing that reputation and credibility should be paramount.
ermsam (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 03:57:13 PM

I was making an allegorical reference to the level of judgement and misinformed ignorance in your statement by equating it with "racism". Let me put it in smaller words so you won't be troubled by trying to translate it into Foolish:

You made a very wrong statement about Catholics. You were wrong to do so. You don't understand Catholicism, and in making the statement you did in support of your argument, you made yourself look uneducated.

On the other hand- racism is often used to describe prejudice against religious practice in common vernacular. Consider the continuous references to the "racially" motivated hatred directed towards Muslims in the US and the UK.

To compound your poorly conceived notion by equating dogma with "stupid" only brings your prejudice to further light. A core belief within the context of faith is not "stupid", it is just that, a core belief held by a follower of a given faith. No different in application than your dogma that individuals cannot separate their working lives and integrity from their personal lives. A core belief, neh? Your faith allows you to pass judgement on others based on the acceptance that reputation is far more important that physical assets. Which is deliciously ironic, in that you are casting yourself in a very unethical light by attacking other maliciously, detracting from your reputation and credibility, while arguing that reputation and credibility should be paramount.

Whoa, this thread is entirely off-topic! This is a marketplace not a public forum....
Lazer

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 07:11:06 AM

Here's my dogma: Any follower of bronze-age superstitions, by definition someone
whose intelligence I have no respect for whatosever. I'll respect your right to
religious freedom. Everyone is free to be as stupid as they like as long as they don't
bother others with their stupidity.

As for my being misinformed, I was raised in a very catholic, very religious
environment. I was 5 when I started to poke holes in the logic of the whole
joke, and probably 7 when I stopped paying attention to it entirely. You've
chosen to keep on believing in Santa-Claus into adulthood, more power to
you. To me it simply says you're not particularly smart.

The religious issue is not entirely about intelligence. In fact there are plenty of smart people who participate or believe in religious anything.

And there are many reasons why sane, intelligent people choose to do so:
Some examples:

- to meet with the opposite sex
- to fit in with one's community / friends / family / etc
- required by law in some countries
- to serve some type of political purpose
- some people may have been brainwashed since a very early age causing some of there neurons to fuse in a way such that they won't accept an otherwise rational argument as it may cause a panic attack or nervous breakdown in their heads.

To say that it is because 'people are stupid' is only partially true since that description only applies to some people.

Then again, even atheism may be considered "not particularly smart" since an atheist doesn't know 100% for sure whether or not a higher power exists.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2012, 01:27:07 PM

What's the point of this thread?

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 04:21:54 PM

I think it was to sell debt that will never be recovered..  Wait, thats pointless.

gorgo1

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2012, 11:40:29 PM

Wow.u can sell debt here as well? wow.So in theory I can sell a debt of sum1 if I wanted to? Good idea.It helps keep things goin.

18dYSssmxr2wkKvQ9a84m8Wbw7HvELjJSM
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: