Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:25:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LAME - Bitcash.cz - Stole my coins - Don't join!  (Read 6978 times)
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 11:56:06 PM

Well to name just 2 recent issues:

A1pool - dissapearing with coins
bitclockers - fudging stats and organofcorti showing relatively accurately that overall outcome is minus for all miners.

If A1pool disappeared with coins, that would be a scam.

I don't know how bitclockers even outright lying about stats can be thrown into the same category when asked "What other mining pools are stealing coins from users?".

Just say what's on your mind.

"There is no better mining pool than p2ppool and anyone wasting their time on anything else is an idiot".

Matthew you have some real issues, just had to make note of that.

No this thread isnt about p2pool, in fact I think p2pool is shit Smiley

You obviously doesn't know/understand anything about P2Pool.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 11:59:51 PM

bitclockers - fudging stats and organofcorti showing relatively accurately that overall outcome is minus for all miners.

I don't know how bitclockers even outright lying about stats can be thrown into the same category when asked "What other mining pools are stealing coins from users?".

"There is no better mining pool than p2ppool and anyone wasting their time on anything else is an idiot".

Sorry didnt mean to piss off the p2pool cult Wink

Still I am free to think its shit if I want, you can love it if you want Wink

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 01:25:57 AM

Still I am free to think

I'm sure there will soon be a BIP to correct that Wink
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Clipse

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 01:58:47 AM

Still I am free to think

I'm sure there will soon be a BIP to correct that Wink
Sam

Correcting think to drink? Tongue

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 02:00:05 AM

Check your terms of service in his pool. If he has any kind of high functioning ability at all he used a boilerplate template agreement that includes language along the lines of:

18:  Pool operator reserves the right to modify any aspect of pool operation for any reason he deems necessary, including the adjustment of rewards systems, pay rates etc. Be advised that you are mining on an unregulated service run by someone you have never seen, and never will, who may or may not have morals and ethics like yours. Pool operator may use your hashes for whatever purpose he chooses, my change whatever he wants, and can hold any anticipated payout for as long as he deems necessary for whatever reason he chooses, without recourse. And if you say anything unpleasant about him in any public forum, all coins in your account are to be considered forfeit immediately as liquidated damages for the disparagement of the pool's character.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 02:04:19 AM

most hoppers already know about p2pool.

it's shit, in terms of income.

now, back to topic.
i guess the poolop kinda listens to the complaints of smaller miners there, and just banned most of the hoppers to set an example (?).

but withholding that much btc from the hoppers, well, we'll see how much longer they're gonna do that.

Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2012, 04:42:49 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2012, 05:23:43 AM by Graet

Check your terms of service in his pool. If he has any kind of high functioning ability at all he used a boilerplate template agreement that includes language along the lines of:

18:  Pool operator reserves the right to modify any aspect of pool operation for any reason he deems necessary, including the adjustment of rewards systems, pay rates etc. Be advised that you are mining on an unregulated service run by someone you have never seen, and never will, who may or may not have morals and ethics like yours. Pool operator may use your hashes for whatever purpose he chooses, my change whatever he wants, and can hold any anticipated payout for as long as he deems necessary for whatever reason he chooses, without recourse. And if you say anything unpleasant about him in any public forum, all coins in your account are to be considered forfeit immediately as liquidated damages for the disparagement of the pool's character.

If this truly is in the TOS (and hasnt been recently changed) you had fair warning.
EDIT oops re-read what i quoted; "if" he had TOS, sorry, a lot of the post is still relevant tho Smiley

Long time ago I put my real picture as my avatar, I sign my posts with my real name and my companies details are easily accessable.
About the same time I pointed out miners were taking a risk mining on pools with anon nicks running them as unregistered businesses.... didnt I cop some flak for that... sheesh....oh well Wink
I really dont care what pools you use but please please do some due dilligence before sending hashes thier way. There are getting to be way too many threads like this :/

TNTmining.com/A1 made me lol so much, showed just how gullable a lot of miners are. I mean he was back in like a few days? I guess as prop pools get fewer and fewer hoppers are getting more and more desperate for *any* prop pool, they will risk large losses to gain a few % lol

Its a shame nearly every thread has to deal with p2pool spam - even if it is way off topic.
If I wasnt running a pool I would *propably* mine on p2pool, it is a great idea, but it is not a complete solution - pools still have a valid place in the Bitcoin ecosystem. Even if the p2pool fanbois dont see it Smiley

my 2satoshi's worh
Best of luck with this issue ,
Graeme Tee
Managing Director,
Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
carlos

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 10:59:12 AM

All banned accounts where banned when bitHopper proxy or other hopping automation software was detected.

Accounts were blocked for warning for 48 hours. Spread the word - you can't steal from longtime members even if you think you have the right. Its not right its privilege.

How can you register and agree to TOS and comply with members netiquette when you don't understand language?

Learn that running Proportional distribution pool simply is not free ticket for pool hoppers.

carlos

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 11:05:35 AM

Hes been warned and need to act on this and if he thinks he will simply steal coins hes about to meet his worse enemy that will crush his company's dreams.
I have already enough of your threatening and racketeering... You have acted against the rules, you have stealed coins from our longtime members using banned software and I've already enough evidence on racketeering to support our cause and sue you in every court (even in your south africa). So stop this FUD, withdraw your funds, go away and more importantly: spread the word that Hopping is not right or rightful. Its just stealing. And if you don't comply to rules you agreed to, you have to start your own pool...

Pardon me, you already have one... Full of stealers... With this attitude you will be having only problems... anywhere you will mine...
carlos

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 11:10:47 AM

You will ensure our services go down?

I already got it...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60717.300
Do you think this will make a living for you?
Just bad karma nothing more... Smiley

Hopper = Racketeer = DDOS

Really nice attitude from you guys Smiley
Clipse

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 11:12:07 AM

Hes been warned and need to act on this and if he thinks he will simply steal coins hes about to meet his worse enemy that will crush his company's dreams.
I have already enough of your threatening and racketeering... You have acted against the rules, you have stealed coins from our longtime members using banned software and I've already enough evidence on racketeering to support our cause and sue you in every court (even in your south africa). So stop this FUD, withdraw your funds, go away and more importantly: spread the word that Hopping is not right or rightful. Its just stealing. And if you don't comply to rules you agreed to, you have to start your own pool...

Pardon me, you already have one... Full of stealers... With this attitude you will be having only problems... anywhere you will mine...

Thanks for doing the right thing, I even offered to remain with a portion of my farm at your pool but then you acted like robocop and simply tried to take all of our funds.

You can have all the evidence in the world of my threats, it came after you stole coins from me(and others) so I would have a blast in your imaginary court since you would simply drag your own theft into this. At the end of the day I accomplished what I wanted, my mined coins paid out so I have no more dog in this fight.

Good day sir.

Clipse

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 11:12:47 AM

You will ensure our services go down?

I already got it...

Hopper = Racketeer = DDOS

Really nice attitude from you guys Smiley

I didnt notice at first you released the coins, so no we are square now and you owe me nothing.

That said, none of this would have happened if you didnt act like an overzealous idiot the first time around.

carlos

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 11:18:06 AM

That said, none of this would have happened if you didnt act like an overzealous idiot the first time around.
I don't give a damn what you think about me (I'm just protecting our local community of miners) .. Stick to facts... You have acted AGAINST our TOS. We have the right to BAN you anytime. Your racketeering can't change this. You owe us apology for stealing.
Clipse

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 11:19:49 AM

I don't give a damn what you think about me (I'm just protecting our local community of miners) .. Stick to facts... You have acted AGAINST our TOS. We have the right to BAN you anytime. Your racketeering can't change this.

Well your are talking crap, you never had anything in your ToS about hopping when I signed up. You adapted and changed the terms when you felt like it without any outgoing email notice that you modified the ToS.

That my friend is in essence illegal if you were a legitimate company.

Anyhow, Im done dealing with you, have fund fixing your bad publicity cause of how you handled this situation from the start.

Clipse

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 12:15:28 PM

Anyhow, carlos returned the coins he held hostage so I believe this thread should get updated with "Issue resolved" since its not SCAM worthy anymore.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2012, 01:14:48 PM

It seems there's still a lot of misunderstanding about what a proportional pool is:

He should at least pay PPS and not be a jerk about it.
This. He doesn't need to pay out the amount you gained by hopping, but he at least needs to pay out the actual value of the work you provided. PPS seems to be a fair trade-off.

This is the risk you take when you join hoppable pools.

At a proportional pool, the amount you earn in total by mining strategically is exactly the value of the work you provided. Anything else and it can't truthfully advertise itself as a proportional pool. Maybe a better name would be "Fulltime proportional" or "PPS/Prop hybrid" something.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 01:34:52 PM

most hoppers already know about p2pool.

it's shit, in terms of income.

now, back to topic.
i guess the poolop kinda listens to the complaints of smaller miners there, and just banned most of the hoppers to set an example (?).

but withholding that much btc from the hoppers, well, we'll see how much longer they're gonna do that.
You know, p2pool is an anti-hop pool. So yes, using p2pool for hopping is a bad idea.
Another advantage of p2pool  Wink

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 04:59:58 PM

that's why it's shit.

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 05:06:01 PM

that's why it's shit.

By your logic, so is Ozcoin, EMC, Eligius, and any other hopper proof pool. Fine. Obviously you don't give a rat's ass about anything more than profit, so shut the fuck up and keep hopping the prop pools, making them go out of business, and pushing the way towards hop-proof payout methods. That way everyone wins.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 05:10:48 PM

that's why it's shit.

By your logic, so is Ozcoin, EMC, Eligius, and any other hopper proof pool. Fine. Obviously you don't give a rat's ass about anything more than profit, so shut the fuck up and keep hopping the prop pools, making them go out of business, and pushing the way towards hop-proof payout methods. That way everyone wins.
correct. i don't give any slightest fuck at all.

however, the difference between those pools and p2pool, the supporters aren't as annoying.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: