Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:04:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 Bitcoins & 2 Ounces of fine Gold in Bounty – Submission Deadline 31st August  (Read 11811 times)
Coinographic (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Physical Digital Currency

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 09:50:51 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 10:12:33 PM by Coinographic

Thank you for taking the time to read the details of our fantastic competition!

ABOUT US

We are Coinographic.com. Our company has been formed for the sole purpose of creating high quality, exquisite, Physical coins of eminence.

We hosted a similar competition to this on Litecointalk for our limited edition Litecoin and we are currently hosting a competition on Reddit for our limited edition Dogecoin.  You can find more details about these competitions from our News Page on our website.

It's now time for us to break into the Bitcoin world and create something truly unique for the worlds most established crypto-currency.

THE COMPETITION

This competition offers a huge bounty of 6 Bitcoins and 2 ounces of fine gold for a physical Bitcoin design.  As with our other coins, it’s extremely important to us that the design of our coins come right from within the heart of the communities that drive them.

If you are interested in claiming this bounty, simply post your design right here on this forum post.  Please be sure to clearly watermark any designs that you post with your copyright.

To give you some specifications of exactly what we are looking for...

Firstly the coin will be a limited edition of just 100 coins, minted in 2 ounces of .9999 solid gold.  The diameter of the coin will be 41mm.  The BTC value of the coin will be 5 Bitcoins.  You will need to leave space on the back of the coin for a 33mm hologram.  The front coin should have a space for the limited edition number of the coin to be hand engraved.

You should design all aspects of the coin from the coin itself to the hologram and the packaging it will be supplied in.  

We are looking for people to be as creative as possible.  It is our intention to create the most luxurious & exquisite physical Bitcoin ever minted. We believe with the help of the community here we can do that!

HOW IT WILL WORK

We will select the top 5 designs submitted to this thread and then post those 5 designs to a further thread and let the community vote for the design they like best.  The bounty will be split as follows;

1st Place: Limited Edition number 1 of the coin (2 ounces of .9999 gold), fully loaded with 5 Bitcoins
2nd-5th Place: Will each receive 0.25 BTC each for their efforts

PROMOTION

We will be going to a lot of effort over the coming weeks to promote this forum post via press releases and social media.  We hope that this help raise the awareness of digital currency and prick the interest of talent currently outside the world of digital currency and bring them to Bitcointalk.  We would encourage all users of Bitcointalk that read this thread and know any graphic designers to help draw more people into this community and point them towards this thread.

GOOD LUCK!

I wish everyone the best and look forward to seeing some original designs and hearing some of your ideas as to anything you think we can do to make this coin special.

If anyone has any questions at all about this competition please contact us via our website or post your question directly in this thread – Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:24:17 PM

deadline?

Coinographic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 10:26:38 PM

deadline?

The deadline is the 31st August 2014 - Thank you
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:29:22 PM

When you say 33mm hologram at the back, you mean square right?
33x33mm?

Coinographic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 10:35:33 PM

33x33mm?

i mean diameter circle - take a look at our LTC coin for an example - http://www.coinographic.com/25ltc-limited-silver
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:40:00 PM

33x33mm?

I know you didnt mean this, but i actually think a square coin would look cool. Definitely uncommon...
Coinographic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 10:41:38 PM

I know you didnt mean this, but i actually think a square coin would look cool. Definitely uncommon...

Great idea! why not? These are the kind of ideas we are looking for.  Cant wait to see some submissions start coming in...
S4VV4S

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:42:30 PM

33x33mm?

i mean diameter circle - take a look at our LTC coin for an example - http://www.coinographic.com/25ltc-limited-silver

OK, got it.

S4VV4S

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:43:30 PM

33x33mm?

I know you are not a designer just by making this comment....

thejewelrytech

Activity: 122

I Quantum Leap to different worlds when I sleep...

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:02:07 PM

Whatever design you choose to use? make sure it's legal theirs laws on making coin that can be used as a currency make sure you read up on The laws about  these things? and also seek Professional Legal Advice about doing something like this. http://www.communitycurrencieslaw.org/currency-laws/

U.S. Code › Title 18 › Part I › Chapter 25 › § 489
18 U.S. Code § 489 - Making or possessing likeness of coins

Current through Pub. L. 113-121. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)

Whoever, within the United States, makes or brings therein from any foreign country, or possesses with intent to sell, give away, or in any other manner uses the same, except under authority of the Secretary of the Treasury or other proper officer of the United States, any token, disk, or device in the likeness or similitude as to design, color, or the inscription thereon of any of the coins of the United States or of any foreign country issued as money, either under the authority of the United States or under the authority of any foreign government shall be fined under this title.

Your either part of THE SOLUTION?Or your part of THE PROBLEM!
S4VV4S

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:08:55 PM

Whatever design you choose to use? make sure it's legal theirs laws on making coin that can be used as a currency make sure you read up on The laws about  these things? and also seek Professional Legal Advice about doing something like this. http://www.communitycurrencieslaw.org/currency-laws/

Whoever, within the United States, makes or brings therein from any foreign country, or possesses with intent to sell, give away, or in any other manner uses the same, except under authority of the Secretary of the Treasury or other proper officer of the United States, any token, disk, or device in the likeness or similitude as to design, color, or the inscription thereon of any of the coins of the United States or of any foreign country issued as money, either under the authority of the United States or under the authority of any foreign government shall be fined under this title.

What if he/she is not in the U.S.?
thejewelrytech

Activity: 122

I Quantum Leap to different worlds when I sleep...

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:32:23 PM

What if he/she is not in the U.S.?
I'm sure other countries have similar laws .Again seek professional legal advice wherever you may reside as Laws vary everywhere.I'm by no means a professional.But there was a case not too long ago where a company created a COLD WALLET for Bitcoin embedded into a coin and they were shutdown by the U.S government because only government can print coins for Legal tender. I can't remember the name of the company though? It's a very thin line when it comes to making any type of coin unless it's commemorative with no value Especially if it can be used for trade or buy things there very well can be trouble with making it.Governments don't like their monopoly infringed on.That's why I say seek Professional Legal advise don't just take my advice nor anybody Else's for that matter wherever you may be because it's better to know in advance for sure? Then before it's too late and you get a unwelcome knock on the door................

Your either part of THE SOLUTION?Or your part of THE PROBLEM!
Coinographic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 11:36:46 PM

Thank you for the heads up but we are actually very aware of all these laws... 

As a company we are based within the UK so they don't apply to us.  We are also producing our coins as souvenirs and they will not to be used as "current money".

We will also not select any designs that bare a resemblance in design to any other current money in circulation.

Thank you
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:34:08 AM

I would like to suggest the following given past bounties that were never paid by previous contests (i.e. Coinhoarder's Bitcoin design contest):

Send the 6 Bitcoins to an escrow so entrants are assured they (the winners) will receive the prize

I believe you have sent bounty monies to moderators on the Litecointalk forum for your previous contests. You should do the same here. Use an escrow person like say user/moderator Saltyspitoon who (last time I checked) did not charge any escrow fees.

Good luck to all of the entrants!

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 12:51:42 AM

Great product line concept!

I am looking forward to putting my product engineering hat on and jumping into some fun.

Questions;

1. Do you requrie a costing estimate to manufacture the coin? e.g. are we restricted to machining, forging, 3d prinitng / sintering?

2. Do you need a list of material used for the case? e.g. injection molding, vacum formed plastic, suede felt, etc...

3. Do you require a costing estimate for the boxing material? e.g. platinium case is luxurious yet not commercially viable...

4. Do you have a target cost for manufacturing the coin?

5. Do you have a target cost for manufacturing the case?

Regards,

Cranky - An Engineering

Coinographic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 12:55:01 AM

I would like to suggest the following given past bounties that were never paid by previous contests (i.e. Coinhoarder's Bitcoin design contest):

Send the 6 Bitcoins to an escrow so entrants are assured they (the winners) will receive the prize

I believe you have sent bounty monies to moderators on the Litecointalk forum for your previous contests. You should do the same here. Use an escrow person like say user/moderator Saltyspitoon who (last time I checked) did not charge any escrow fees.

We are more then happy to send the coins into escrow if the community feel its necessary.  It does create a small problem for us though...  

The first place prize is for a fully loaded coin and not the BTC directly.  If we sent the 5 BTC into escrow then it is not where it should be (on the coin).  We as a company feel that we have already done more then enough to establish our trust.  We have paid 100's of Litecoin in bounty (as you know) for our many contests on Litecointalk.  We have many people within the community who will also vouch for us.  We have always paid every single bounty or service provider we have ever used.

That being said if the community would prefer the BTC in escrow, then it is no problem for us.  I guess the 5btc could be sent to the coin address once it is received by the winner.  From our point of view as long as we can verify the 5 BTC is put onto the verified assembled coin then there would be no issue for us.

We are genuine registered company in the UK with a fixed office address.  We would also be more then willing to meet any bitcointalk member at our offices for any verification the community feel is necessary.  We are in this business for the long term and have no interest in ruining our reputation by not paying a competition bounty.  We have already invested a huge amount of money into the company - Thank you

Coinographic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 01:02:18 AM

Great product line concept!

I am looking forward to putting my product engineering hat on and jumping into some fun.

Questions;

1. Do you requrie a costing estimate to manufacture the coin? e.g. are we restricted to machining, forging, 3d prinitng / sintering?

2. Do you need a list of material used for the case? e.g. injection molding, vacum formed plastic, suede felt, etc...

3. Do you require a costing estimate for the boxing material? e.g. platinium case is luxurious yet not commercially viable...

4. Do you have a target cost for manufacturing the coin?

5. Do you have a target cost for manufacturing the case?

Regards,

Cranky - An Engineering

Thank you for your questions;

1. We do not require a costing estimate to manufacture the coin.  You have no restrictions in your design.  We will source the appropriate suppliers from our existing lists

2. We do not need a list of materials for the case.  Feel free to design the case in any way you wish

3. We do not require a costing estimate for the boxing material.  Please use any material you like in your design.  If it is not commercially viable then we might choose to modify the material whilist keeping the same look/feel

4. We have no target cost at this stage.  We are purely interested in what the community would like to see in a physical representation of Bitcoin

5. As with point 4, we have no target costs as yet.  Purely interested in the design phase at this stage

Thank you
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:03:17 AM

We are more then happy to send the coins into escrow if the community feel its necessary.  It does create a small problem for us though...  

The first place prize is for a fully loaded coin and not the BTC directly.  If we sent the 5 BTC into escrow then it is not where it should be (on the coin).  We as a company feel that we have already done more then enough to establish our trust.  We have paid 100's of Litecoin in bounty (as you know) for our many contests on Litecointalk.  We have many people within the community who will also vouch for us.  We have always paid every single bounty or service provider we have ever used.

That being said if the community would prefer the BTC in escrow, then it is no problem for us.  I guess the 5btc could be sent to the coin address once it is received by the winner.  From our point of view as long as we can verify the 5 BTC is put onto the verified assembled coin then there would be no issue for us.

We are genuine registered company in the UK with a fixed office address.  We would also be more then willing to meet any bitcointalk member at our offices for any verification the community feel is necessary.  We are in this business for the long term and have no interest in ruining our reputation by not paying a competition bounty.  We have already invested a huge amount of money into the company - Thank you

The coin funding can easily be done by either the escrowing party or they can return the funds to you for you to personally fund the coin. There shouldn't be a problem on that front. If escrow ends up being used this should be part of the terms of them holding the bounty (where the coins will end up ultimately).

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Experenza

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:00:24 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 06:30:38 AM by Experenza

Guess I will start things off with my design:

https://i.imgur.com/KUspoP5.jpg?1
Coinographic (OP)