Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:56:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 Bitcoins & 2 Ounces of fine Gold in Bounty – Submission Deadline 31st August  (Read 11815 times)
MadeInUkraine

Activity: 396
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:17:43 AM

Cranky4u, Photoshop.

█████▄▄██████████▄▄█████
███▄████████████████▄███
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
    Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
    Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
  · Anonymity by CryptoNote
· Zero premine & instamine
· Low transaction fee

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 09:36:49 AM

Another version, without official cup logo ...

Nice work. What software did you use to produce? I am using sketchup8 to develop my design but it is proving to be, shall we say, less than helpful in the rendering stages...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Here are some examples of my current draft. All items on the coin have a meaning...so no nicking the current ideas I am outlining, this is to provide proof of original thought that needs a polished rendering.  Smiley

Meanings for coin front:
1. Hydra represents crypto-currency, in particular BTC which started it all. Cut of one head, or block chain, and another two shall take it's place.
2. The Latin around the edge loosely translates as 'Remove a block chain and another shall arise'. This re-enforces the Hydra like persistence of crypto-currencies.
3. The coin rim spells out a word in binary if converted to ASCII. The word is 'sataoshi'.

1. In a depression, the hologram will reside, keeping it safe from accidental damage.

Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 09:38:19 AM

Cranky4u, Photoshop.

thnks...might have a play in there too using the current draft versions of my coin submission

elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 09:50:35 AM

Cranky4u, Photoshop.

thnks...might have a play in there too using the current draft versions of my coin submission

I think I will submit a hand drawn version, atleast initially

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Coinographic (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Physical Digital Currency

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 11:32:49 AM

Here are some examples of my current draft. All items on the coin have a meaning...so no nicking the current ideas I am outlining, this is to provide proof of original thought that needs a polished rendering.  Smiley

Meanings for coin front:
1. Hydra represents crypto-currency, in particular BTC which started it all. Cut of one head, or block chain, and another two shall take it's place.
2. The Latin around the edge loosely translates as 'Remove a block chain and another shall arise'. This re-enforces the Hydra like persistence of crypto-currencies.
3. The coin rim spells out a word in binary if converted to ASCII. The word is 'sataoshi'.

1. In a depression, the hologram will reside, keeping it safe from accidental damage.

Nice concept! Looking forward to seeing the final version!
Coinographic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 09:39:44 AM

I think I will submit a hand drawn version, atleast initially

Hand Drawn is fine Wink
losh11

Activity: 299

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:31:30 PM

I'm sure other countries have similar laws .Again seek professional legal advice wherever you may reside as Laws vary everywhere.I'm by no means a professional.But there was a case not too long ago where a company created a COLD WALLET for Bitcoin embedded into a coin and they were shutdown by the U.S government because only government can print coins for Legal tender. I can't remember the name of the company though? It's a very thin line when it comes to making any type of coin unless it's commemorative with no value Especially if it can be used for trade or buy things there very well can be trouble with making it.Governments don't like their monopoly infringed on.That's why I say seek Professional Legal advise don't just take my advice nor anybody Else's for that matter wherever you may be because it's better to know in advance for sure? Then before it's too late and you get a unwelcome knock on the door................

If someone has a gold coin, which is commonly used in jewellery shops than the coin does has value.

Also since we are designing the hologram as well, how small can the smallest thing that can be printed on to the hologram be?
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 05:50:42 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 09:25:51 AM by elianite

I present to you the most secure physical Bitcoin ever designed: The Double Universal.

It is Luxury. It is Power. It is Symbol.

The Double Universal has it all.

The rim (A) is normal, shiny gold, encircling the work of art. The outer rim has an unseen binary code spelling out “January 3rd, 2009”, the date of the Genesis Block. A matte gold base highlights the shiny raised Latin text, “Strength in Numbers”(B), in between which is a number: Five.  5 BTC.(C) Four arrows on the coin appear as those of a compass leading the way for universal adoption, but also hold a greater significance. This arrow containing the Bitcoin amount is the highest, pointing to the astronomical trend of it and other digital currencies, figuratively all the way up to the North Star. Contrasted with it is the downward arrow (D), which has the text “2 ozt 999 Au”. Though having near equal value to its sky-high counterpart at the time of the coins inception, the arrow signifies the declining importance of gold in the future of wealth, pointing it back towards the ground from which it was dug out.
In the Center of the coin is a beautiful scene; the incorruptible bitcoin is shown amidst the Earth, Moon, and stars. To the left (E), is an arrow as if a rewind button with the year ‘2009’. A small triangle symbolized the initial idea of, the completion of, and the presenting of the Bitcoin Whitepaper by Satoshi Nakamoto while the year signifies the beginning of the Bitcoin Era as the first block was mined. Next, one can imagine pressing the opposing fast-forward button (F) to visit the year 2140 when the last block will be mined. The great Bitcoin transition will be complete, with all 21 million Bitcoin remaining for eternity as signified by the infinity symbol following the year.
Now we zoom out to view the entire face, where three major constellations each bearing seven stars poke out as intrusions to the mirror-like gold surface. They add up to 21, with each star symbolizing 1 million Bitcoins. As the stars, the incorruptible code will outlive this planet. As such the meaning of the lower text (H) becomes apparent: Universal Currency.

On the BACK of the coin, you will find the standard information of year; hand engraved serial number, company name and ‘5 BITCOIN’ denomination, all separated by circuits to symbolize computers and mining which power Bitcoin. The hologram is where things start to get special:
The Hologram itself is the most secure ever created. It contains the popular safety feature of having a private key ‘window’, but it goes much farther than that. There are two more windows, showing both the Denomination AND serial number so they can be compared to those written on the coin. This takes away the possibility of someone somehow obtaining another hologram and using it. The hologram also features LASER RIMMING which has been utilized by Casascius and Lealana for some of the most premium coins. The Hologram features a prominent chain to symbolize the blockchain which holds everything together and protects private keys and balances within it.
Hologram colors: B is pure gold, and private key windows are gold-like. The area inside the Blockchain is mostly black, with gold sparkles and purple and red/yellow undertones. The Laser rimming is golden and blends in with the metal.

There is also an EASTER EGG under the hologram. If one redeems the coin they may find under hologram two circles of currency symbols. In the outer circles every major world currency; Dollar, Yen, Euro, Pound, Ruble is represented, and another circle with the signs of various alt-coins. A Bitcoin symbol reigns supreme in the middle. None compare with Bitcoin, and are buried underneath it's private key.

FRONT
Gold in text section is MATTE, with text being raised and POLISHED.
The face is POLISHED, with the B, Earth, and Moon in MATTE.
Compass arrows are POLISHED
BACK
POLISHED, except for raised MATTE letters and under the hologram for grip.

Presentation:
The coin will be presented in the standard Coinographic box, but with a twist! There will be a certificate card which will have an identical hologram attached in the middle, so as to make it visible when the box is open (so one can admire both the art and the hologram). The first bits are blank on the hologram, so it cannot be used for fraud. The denomination and serial number however are visible in the windows of the 2nd hologram, as to confirm the certificate belongs to the coin and is original. There is also a gold thread placed inside the hologram so it wraps around the card. For extra luxury, this could be replaced by a real gold chain!
In the box, the coin arrives in a classy black slab that can be opened by the buyer.

*There are many smaller features and prints that can be added to the hologram, but are impractical to do by hand. I envision much more smaller things in it in practice. I may also decide to change the binary text on the outer rim. also lastly; don't be stealing my ideas Wink

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Coinographic (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 02:58:48 AM

I present to you the most secure physical Bitcoin ever designed: The Double Universal.

It is Luxury. It is Power. It is Symbol.

The Double Universal has it all.

The rim (A) is normal, shiny gold, encircling the work of art. The outer rim has an unseen binary code spelling out “January 3rd, 2009”, the date of the Genesis Block. A matte gold base highlights the shiny raised Latin text, “Strength in Numbers”(B), in between which is a number: Five.  5 BTC.(C) Four arrows on the coin appear as those of a compass leading the way for universal adoption, but also hold a greater significance. This arrow containing the Bitcoin amount is the highest, pointing to the astronomical trend of it and other digital currencies, figuratively all the way up to the North Star. Contrasted with it is the downward arrow (D), which has the text “2 ozt 999 Au”. Though having near equal value to its sky-high counterpart at the time of the coins inception, the arrow signifies the declining importance of gold in the future of wealth, pointing it back towards the ground from which it was dug out.
In the Center of the coin is a beautiful scene; the incorruptible bitcoin is shown amidst the Earth, Moon, and stars. To the left (E), is an arrow as if a rewind button with the year ‘2009’. A small triangle symbolized the initial idea of, the completion of, and the presenting of the Bitcoin Whitepaper by Satoshi Nakamoto while the year signifies the beginning of the Bitcoin Era as the first block was mined. Next, one can imagine pressing the opposing fast-forward button (F) to visit the year 2140 when the last block will be mined. The great Bitcoin transition will be complete, with all 21 million Bitcoin remaining for eternity as signified by the infinity symbol following the year.
Now we zoom out to view the entire face, where three major constellations each bearing seven stars poke out as intrusions to the mirror-like gold surface. They add up to 21, with each star symbolizing 1 million Bitcoins. As the stars, the incorruptible code will outlive this planet. As such the meaning of the lower text (H) becomes apparent: Universal Currency.

On the BACK of the coin, you will find the standard information of year; hand engraved serial number, company name and ‘5 BITCOIN’ denomination, all separated by circuits to symbolize computers and mining which power Bitcoin. The hologram is where things start to get special:
The Hologram itself is the most secure ever created. It contains the popular safety feature of having a private key ‘window’, but it goes much farther than that. There are two more windows, showing both the Denomination AND serial number so they can be compared to those written on the coin. This takes away the possibility of someone somehow obtaining another hologram and using it. The hologram also features LASER RIMMING which has been utilized by Casascius and Lealana for some of the most premium coins. The Hologram features a prominent chain to symbolize the blockchain which holds everything together and protects private keys and balances within it.
Hologram colors: B is pure gold, and private key windows are gold-like. The area inside the Blockchain is mostly black, with gold sparkles and purple and red/yellow undertones. The Laser rimming is golden and blends in with the metal.

There is also an EASTER EGG under the hologram. If one redeems the coin they may find under hologram two circles of currency symbols. In the outer circles every major world currency; Dollar, Yen, Euro, Pound, Ruble is represented, and another circle with the signs of various alt-coins. A Bitcoin symbol reigns supreme in the middle. None compare with Bitcoin, and are buried underneath it's private key.

FRONT
Gold in text section is MATTE, with text being raised and POLISHED.
The face is POLISHED, with the B, Earth, and Moon in MATTE.
Compass arrows are POLISHED
BACK
POLISHED, except for raised MATTE letters and under the hologram for grip.

Presentation:
The coin will be presented in the standard Coinographic box, but with a twist! There will be a certificate card which will have an identical hologram attached in the middle, so as to make it visible when the box is open (so one can admire both the art and the hologram). The first bits are blank on the hologram, so it cannot be used for fraud. The denomination and serial number however are visible in the windows of the 2nd hologram, as to confirm the certificate belongs to the coin and is original. There is also a gold thread placed inside the hologram so it wraps around the card. For extra luxury, this could be replaced by a real gold chain!
In the box, the coin arrives in a classy black slab that can be opened by the buyer.

*There are many smaller features and prints that can be added to the hologram, but are impractical to do by hand. I envision much more smaller things in it in practice. I may also decide to change the binary text on the outer rim. also lastly; don't be stealing my ideas Wink

Very nice! Thank you
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 08:05:39 AM

great frees in BTC next time!

^ What the hell is that dude?

elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 09:29:13 AM

great frees in BTC next time!

^ What the hell is that dude?

I messaged him pretty quick to stop spamming he had posted the same in like 4 other random threads. looks like he deleted them all.

worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:44:47 PM

As a lifetime coin collector and numismatist, I am happy to present my submission.  The first step in working out a design is understanding the size of the coin we will be working with, for scale and proportion issues.  Two ounces of gold will not be the same size as two ounces of silver, or other common coin sizes minted out of base metals.  As this coin will be minted from 9999 fine gold, a diameter of 41 mm results in a thickness of approximately 3.9 mm. 

My design will utilize an incuse strike, which means that the devices and lettering on the coin are sunken below the field of the coin. Most coins today are relief-strikes, where the devices and designs rise above the field of the coin.  Here's an example of an incuse-struck coin: the pre-33 gold quarter eagle, note how the letters and design are pressed into the gold, and are not proud of the surface:

One of the downsides to incuse struck coins is that they tend to collect dirt and grime in the recesses, however since this coin will not be a circulating coin, and will be housed in a plastic airtite, the risk for dirt and grime build-up is pretty much non-existent.

For the obverse (front), I wanted to stick with a minimalist design, showcasing the classic BTC symbol.  Right now these illustrations are flat, but I will work on a 3D representation a little later.

The reverse is pretty much just an open field for the hologram with a recess for the private key.  Due to the elevated risk for dishonest folks to try and redeem the coin by tampering with the hologram sticker (it was previously shown that soaking a Casascius bitcoin in paint thinner or something, it was possible to remove and replace the sticker), I highly recommend you grind the perimeter of the seal between the edge of the hologram sticker and the coin.  Smoothie did this on his 25 LTC silver coins, which makes it near impossible to replace the sticker, if tampered with to remove it by any means.

The edge I feel can be done two ways.  First is the classic reeded edge, which is easiest to manufacture.  Preferred would be to have the public address engraved on the edge (3.9 mm is thick enough to engrave text on the edge), unless the firstbits will be on the hologram on the reverse.  I believe this is important because, without firstbits or the address on the coin itself, nobody will be able to independently verify the balance of the coin.

I drew the coin designs in autocad, colored with photoshp, and will be using Sketchup for a 3D illustration.

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
Coinographic (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 04:50:32 PM

As a lifetime coin collector and numismatist, I am happy to present my submission.  The first step in working out a design is understanding the size of the coin we will be working with, for scale and proportion issues.  Two ounces of gold will not be the same size as two ounces of silver, or other common coin sizes minted out of base metals.  As this coin will be minted from 9999 fine gold, a diameter of 41 mm results in a thickness of approximately 3.9 mm. 

My design will utilize an incuse strike, which means that the devices and lettering on the coin are sunken below the field of the coin. Most coins today are relief-strikes, where the devices and designs rise above the field of the coin.  Here's an example of an incuse-struck coin: the pre-33 gold quarter eagle, note how the letters and design are pressed into the gold, and are not proud of the surface:

One of the downsides to incuse struck coins is that they tend to collect dirt and grime in the recesses, however since this coin will not be a circulating coin, and will be housed in a plastic airtite, the risk for dirt and grime build-up is pretty much non-existent.

For the obverse (front), I wanted to stick with a minimalist design, showcasing the classic BTC symbol.  Right now these illustrations are flat, but I will work on a 3D representation a little later.

The reverse is pretty much just an open field for the hologram with a recess for the private key.  Due to the elevated risk for dishonest folks to try and redeem the coin by tampering with the hologram sticker (it was previously shown that soaking a Casascius bitcoin in paint thinner or something, it was possible to remove and replace the sticker), I highly recommend you grind the perimeter of the seal between the edge of the hologram sticker and the coin.  Smoothie did this on his 25 LTC silver coins, which makes it near impossible to replace the sticker, if tampered with to remove it by any means.

The edge I feel can be done two ways.  First is the classic reeded edge, which is easiest to manufacture.  Preferred would be to have the public address engraved on the edge (3.9 mm is thick enough to engrave text on the edge), unless the firstbits will be on the hologram on the reverse.  I believe this is important because, without firstbits or the address on the coin itself, nobody will be able to independently verify the balance of the coin.

I drew the coin designs in autocad, colored with photoshp, and will be using Sketchup for a 3D illustration.

Very nice - thank you for your submission
MagicSnow

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:04:29 PM

My idea, i don't have time to do 3D, hope you understand):

https://i.imgur.com/RyWZp5O.png
Jazkal

Activity: 319

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:33:33 PM

Look at all these designs, some look good some just spamming the good thread.
Coinographic (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 01:24:32 AM

My idea, i don't have time to do 3D, hope you understand):

Thank you for your submission
Chemist-for-hire

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:02:09 PM

Hi Coinographic, I have a question:

Is it possible for a coindesigner to post 2 or 3 coindesigns for this competition?
Coinographic (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 12:12:24 PM

Is it possible for a coindesigner to post 2 or 3 coindesigns for this competition?

Yes absolutely!  We would not choose more then one design though for the final vote

Regards
BTC-Graphicdesigns

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:17:36 PM

Will be posting my coin design soon  Cool

▄▄█▀█▄▄
                   ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
              ▄▄███▀                ███▄▄▄
           █▀▀ ▄█    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▀▄  ▀█
          ▄▌ ▄▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▀█▄▐█
         ▐██▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀███
        ▐█▀    ▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▀█▌
       ▐█▌     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓███▌▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▐█▌
      ▐██▌    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▐██▌
      █ █▌    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀▀█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▐█ █▄
     █▌ █▌     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▐█ ▐█
      █ █▌     ▐▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▀     ▐█ █
       ██▌       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▐██▀
       ▐█▌        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀        ▐█▌
        ▐█▄          ▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀          ▄█▌
         ▀█▀█▄                            █▀█▀
          ▀█ ▀█▄  ▐███▐▐ ▀▀▀▀▌▀ ▒▀▀▓   ▄█▀ ▐█
           ▀█▄▄▀█▄▐▒█▐▐▐ ▐▐  █▌ ░██▓ ▄█▀ ▄▄█
              ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                    ▀▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀▀▀
                         ▀▀█▀▀

█████████▄▄     █▄ ▄▄  ▐████████████▄ ████████████▄      ▄▄██████▄▄
    ▐█▌  ▄▄▄  ▀██    █▌ ██   ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄  ▀▀█▄
    ▐█▌ ▀▀▀▀▀█  ██   █▌ ██   ▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀█▌ ██▀▀▀▀   ██  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄  ██
    ▐█▌   ███▀  █▌   █▌ ██      ▐█  █▌         █▌ ██      ██  ▀▀       ██  ▀
    ▐█▌  ▄▄▄   ██    █▌ ██      ▐█  █▌         █▌ ██      █▌           ▐█
    ▐█▌ ▀▀▀▀▀█  ██   █▌ ██      ▐█  █▌         █▌ ██      ██  ██      ▄██  █
    ▐█▌   ███▀  █▌   █▌ ██      ▐█  █▌         █▌ ██       ██▄ ▀██████▀▀ ▄█▀
    ▐█▌  ▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    █▌ ██      ▐█  █▌         █▌ ██        ▀██▄▄     ▄▄█▀
     ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀  ▀▀       ▀  ▀          ▀  ▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██

██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██

worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:04:02 PM

Yes absolutely!  We would not choose more then one design though for the final vote

Regards

I was feeling inspired today, so I would like to submit this as a revised design to my first.  The reverse and edges are the same, and the coin will still utilize an incuse strike, but here is the new obverse design:

Here is the reverse and the two options for the edge design:

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: