Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:29:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP CRASH BITCOIN  (Read 9035 times)
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:09:46 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 05:02:29 AM by darkota

Are you this damn stupid OP. Back then, 1 BTC wasnt even worth $1. Gavin was on no one's payroll. There was NO bitcoin foundation. There were no mining companies. It was simply an error which was fixed back in 2010, and they didnt think btc would get to be this big. This is the most useless, troll, thread ever.

Everyone, stop replying to this thread. vintagetrex is a bought account and this guy is either a troll, or on some heavy drugs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:15:20 AM

Yea after 1 year(not yet 2 years), in relative obscurity with only a few individuals(less than 100) even knowing Bitcoin existed. And satoshi only started working on it in 2007, and it was released in 2009. so 2009-2010 is 1 year.

As I said again, they didnt know Bitcoin would reach this far, and the software did not have a fatal flaw.....Talking to you(a troll) who continues to lie is just pathetic. Im not gonna bother responding to your lies anymore. Pce

BTW, what drugs are you high on right now?

Except you can't point out where I've lied… 

Not a fatal flaw? Being able to arbitrarily create 184,000,000,000 BTC is not a fatal flaw in your opinion?
*Yakamoto has entered the ring*

If it's so bloody fatal, why do we not see 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 artificial coins everywhere?

The issue was solved, and it was reset to preserve Bitcoin, but it may very well have been just to save profits. I doubt the latter, however, as BTC was maybe dollars back then. Not tens or hundreds.

You tried.

No, it was *fixed* so Gavin Andresen could save his boss' money.  However, there was no reset, just corruption moving forward in a corrupt manner.  

Why would the community decide to launch a separate coin and keep the original owner stakes of that currency as with bitcoin???!!  Do you think poor people will actively decide to stay poor and keep the rich wealthy!!!!???

Of course not.  The poor will rise up and take what they can from the rich.  This is the way of things.  The poor are not some cuckold slaves who want to be dominated by those in power.  They will reject it.

Furthermore… Why, when 184 billion bitcoins were created as the result of a hack, did the community decide to keep the numbers of bitcoins distributed as they were??  This is ludicrous!! Bitcoin should have been restarted!!! SATOSHI FAILED!!!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=693342.0

Let's play a game.

You find me these 184 billion coins, and I'll consider your ranting. Trace them from the input address to their final destination, as well as a list of addresses containing 184 billion BTC total.

And Photoshop is easy to spot.

Same with HTML modification.

Timer starts now.

OTHER THAN MY CHALLENGE, EVERYONE IGNORE THE TROLL. "If you and a fool are arguing on the side of a street and a passerby watches you, he won't be able to tell the difference."
vintagetrex (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:25:50 AM

Are you this damn stupid OP. Back then, 1 BTC wasnt even worth $1. Gavin was on no one's payroll. There was NO bitcoin foundation. There were no mining companies. It was simply an error which was fixed back in 2010, and they didnt think btc would get to be this big. This is the most useless, troll, thread ever.

the BTC distribution should have restarted by all accounts. 
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:27:18 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=693342.0

Let's play a game.

You find me these 184 billion coins, and I'll consider your ranting. Trace them from the input address to their final destination, as well as a list of addresses containing 184 billion BTC total.

And Photoshop is easy to spot.

Same with HTML modification.

Timer starts now.

OTHER THAN MY CHALLENGE, EVERYONE IGNORE THE TROLL. "If you and a fool are arguing on the side of a street and a passerby watches you, he won't be able to tell the difference."

Obviously they were deleted!!! DUH!!!  Why weren't BTC proportions restarted from neutral at that time?!
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:28:56 AM

WHAT HAPPENED IS THE EQUIVALENT OF ONE GUY HAVING ALL THE GOLD UNTIL ONE DAY IT RAINS GOLD… AND THEN EVERYONE DECIDES TO COLLECT AND DESTROY THE NEW GOLD SO THAT THE ORIGINAL MONOPOLY CAN BE RESTORED

IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:30:34 AM

PROMOTE CENTRALIZED MINING SO THAT IT WILL CRASH
BitProdigy

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

We Are The New Wealthy Elite, Gentlemen

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:33:42 AM

PROMOTE CENTRALIZED MINING SO THAT IT WILL CRASH

LouReed

Activity: 732

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:33:49 AM

I love the technology, the decentralized consensus is awesome.  I am a crypto 2.0 developer and see awesome potential in the technology but Bitcoin is not the potential.  This was and is a bubble caused by Fed inflation that will end as soon as mining is centralized.  

My sources are me, my experience, mathematical skill, and implementations of the technology make me a valid source.

I did the math proofs for datacoin's algorithm on the Alt block chains forum in November 2013.  Datacoin is one of the most innovative ledgers out there and it is being used to launch StorJ, the first Crypto 2.0 to hit the market.  

Shocked
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:34:26 AM

I smell a bit of "reverse psychology" at play here :p

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
LouReed

Activity: 732

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:36:06 AM

WHAT HAPPENED IS THE EQUIVALENT OF ONE GUY HAVING ALL THE GOLD UNTIL ONE DAY IT RAINS GOLD… AND THEN EVERYONE DECIDES TO COLLECT AND DESTROY THE NEW GOLD SO THAT THE ORIGINAL MONOPOLY CAN BE RESTORED

IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!

Do you think that writing in all caps will make more people pay attention to you??? How old are you, 2?  Roll Eyes
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:40:45 AM

IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!

Do you think that writing in all caps will make more people pay attention to you??? How old are you, 2?  Roll Eyes

Can anyone refute the absurdity of what happened without blaming it on "low prices at the time."  It makes absolutely no sense.  Clearly, Gavin and Satoshi believed in the importance and value of Bitcoin regardless of its market price at the time.  Why else would they be working on it?  They should have restarted from 0 BTC. 
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:41:43 AM

Community,

Promote centralization of the Bitcoin mining network.  It will crash soon after. 

Why should the community do this?  Name one good thing Bitcoin has done for you other than reducing transaction fees.  You can't.  Bitcoin hasn't ended the fed, hasn't fixed the divide of wealth in society, has hindered our economy more than it has helped, has promoted corruption on a massively unprecedented scale…

PROMOTE CENTRALIZATION TO END BITCOIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=armNJPSFOCI

Name one realistic manner in which BTC has hindered our economy.   Obviously it has made a lot of people a lot of money, but most importantly it has opened a whole new door to how money can be stored and used.

If you need to move a large amount of money, you can now do so on a thumbdrive without having to wait for a bankwire, or carry a suitcase full of cash.
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:45:57 AM

Community,

Promote centralization of the Bitcoin mining network.  It will crash soon after.  

Why should the community do this?  Name one good thing Bitcoin has done for you other than reducing transaction fees.  You can't.  Bitcoin hasn't ended the fed, hasn't fixed the divide of wealth in society, has hindered our economy more than it has helped, has promoted corruption on a massively unprecedented scale…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=armNJPSFOCI

Name one realistic manner in which BTC has hindered our economy.   Obviously it has made a lot of people a lot of money, but most importantly it has opened a whole new door to how money can be stored and used.

If you need to move a large amount of money, you can now do so on a thumbdrive without having to wait for a bankwire, or carry a suitcase full of cash.

embezzlement, fraud, and corruption.  It got many open source developers to work for free which is crap that I hate.  

Not to forget the potential to turn into a ponzi scheme.  When mining is centralized it will be like buying air from a company.  Mining will become centralized!!

When Satoshi and Winklevii dump on you and you realize they invested practically nothing, you will understand
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:49:33 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 04:59:38 AM by the joint

the BTC distribution should have restarted by all accounts.  

You're overlooking something.  I figured this would be a good-enough comment to quote before you go off into all caps.

The community *did* choose, by a majority vote, to allow Gavin to implement a fix to the protocol.  The fact is that an overwhelming majority of the community seems to trust Gavin.  There have already been plenty of attempts to release Bitcoin clones under a  'more fair' distribution model (e,g, Bytecoin) but none of them have ever gained much traction.

There are literally hundreds of alternatives to Bitcoin, and it's obvious to anyone who's familiar with them that a good number of them are technically superior to Bitcoin in a lot of ways.  For now, Bitcoin seems to be 'good enough' to most people that use it.  Of course it's possible that something far superior could come along -- possibly from a team of professionals supported by a major financial player -- that would clearly out-compete Bitcoin.  But, to date, the community has *always* chosen by selecting the cryptocurrency software of its choice.  There is nothing stopping someone from releasing a fork and promoting it.
EnterReturn

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:57:24 AM

Are you fucking serious?
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:00:27 AM

I think BTC distribution should have restarted at the time of fixing the exploit.  Also, recognize that BTC does have a life cycle and it will die eventually.  I believe we are nearing the end of that life cycle.  All I am asking, whether you adopt my view point of fairness or not, is that community members accelerate the decline of BTC by promoting centralized mining.  

It's not like I'm out here lying about my true intentions: I want to weaken BTC by promoting centralized mining
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:05:46 AM

But seriously, imagine you were mining in 2010… that reset would have made about a $100,000,000 difference to your life right now!!!

That's not fair!! That's a swindle!!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:08:55 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 11:21:35 PM by Gleb Gamow

Community,

Promote centralization of the Bitcoin mining network.  It will crash soon after.  

Why should the community do this?  Name one good thing Bitcoin has done for you other than reducing transaction fees.  You can't.  Bitcoin hasn't ended the fed, hasn't fixed the divide of wealth in society, has hindered our economy more than it has helped, has promoted corruption on a massively unprecedented scale…

September 12, 1962: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_choose_to_go_to_the_Moon

January 27, 1967: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_1

This crazy shit ain't gonna work! Shut it down!

Now, I'm going to PM Josh and beg him to take down that post.

Fucking with Joshua Zipkin is so much motherfuckin' fun.

The following is the content of what I'm PM'ing fucktard Joshua Zipkin. Bet he posts that as well.

Josh, Please take down that last PM I sent you. If you do, I promise to leave you alone.

Bruno Kucinskas
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:09:22 AM

I think BTC distribution should have restarted at the time of fixing the exploit.  Also, recognize that BTC does have a life cycle and it will die eventually.  I believe we are nearing the end of that life cycle.  All I am asking, whether you adopt my view point of fairness or not, is that community members accelerate the decline of BTC by promoting centralized mining.  

Yes, you think and you have an opinion and you're sharing it.  You are voting by not using the software.  Those who are using it have elected to do so, so they've cast their votes, too.  Why promote centralization in a democratic -- if not at times seemingly anarchic -- community?

And why would someone just suddenly agree to *help destroy a multibillion-dollar market* if they don't agree with you?  Huh

...You sure you've thought this through?  Good luck getting a profiting miner to stop so he can help devalue the currency he just mined Smiley
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:10:23 AM

I will grant the OP has come up with a clever way to antagonize against large mining pools. Kind of tired of the FUD about all of this now.  

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: