Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:23:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LottoShares - Dice 0% Edge - 80LTS Airdrop to all DOGE owners  (Read 62707 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
telemaco

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:27:43 PM

Please excuse my excess of prudence but what are "in general" (not talking about this specific coin) the risks of importing your bitcoin private key on an uknown wallet?

Could that be risky?

Just wondering,

Thanks

i was wondering the same thing, but since nobody seamed to have a problem with this I didn't ask

Wouldn't be great if instead of introducing private key we could just Sign an address and introduce that signature to get the lottoshares?

Does this make any sense?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:35:21 PM

Please excuse my excess of prudence but what are "in general" (not talking about this specific coin) the risks of importing your bitcoin private key on an unknown wallet?

Could that be risky?

If the software you are randomly importing your private keys into is malicious the risk is a complete loss of all your coins.
telemaco

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:46:34 PM

Please excuse my excess of prudence but what are "in general" (not talking about this specific coin) the risks of importing your bitcoin private key on an unknown wallet?

Could that be risky?

If the software you are randomly importing your private keys into is malicious the risk is a complete loss of all your coins.

Yeah i had the impression that it could be one of the outcomes. Why not letting us import a signed message proving that the address is ours instead?

Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 11:53:23 PM

Could that be risky?

Well, this one is going to be controversial, if nothing else. I am a holder of many of the qualifying coins, and I will certainly be introducing my Sharecoin private keys, as there is nothing more to lose on that one !

One thing I don't quite understand is how many blockchains will be needed. Obviously the BTC,DOGE,LTC,SHARE etc will have different algorithms and therefore a separate set of addresses relating to each.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:00:41 AM

Nice concept. Love the trademark and sense of humor too.
bitcoinxiaoshan

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:23:20 AM

I don't want to take risk releasing my private key.
Could someone send me a few coins for testing? I will be very grateful. I will give them back with interest when in two month Wink

LXLL2Dpyumw2DYN6y4Cf6h9eNejiApU2cx
Ola

Activity: 311

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:35:31 AM

Could that be risky?

Well, this one is going to be controversial, if nothing else. I am a holder of many of the qualifying coins, and I will certainly be introducing my Sharecoin private keys, as there is nothing more to lose on that one !

One thing I don't quite understand is how many blockchains will be needed. Obviously the BTC,DOGE,LTC,SHARE etc will have different algorithms and therefore a separate set of addresses relating to each.

The private key issue is kind of tricky..since you love innovative coins there is a beast of a competitor in town. Nas a far more efficient and faster system launching a functional easy to use client in a few hours:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=523187.msg7832377#msg7832377 lotto, dicegame, multigateway exchange from btc to nxt and other currencies...

Nxter,Bitcoiner,Ether highlevel developer working to improve the world.
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:38:44 AM

Could that be risky?

The private key issue is kind of tricky..since you love innovative coins there is a beast of a competitor in town. Nas a far more efficient and faster system launching a functional easy to use client in a few hours:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=523187.msg7832377#msg7832377 lotto, dicegame, multigateway exchange from btc to nxt and other currencies...

Obviously you don't understand what DACs are.  LottoShares are profitable to own.  With NAS, you are just gambling your coins away.
Ola

Activity: 311

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:46:01 AM

Could that be risky?

Obviously you don't understand what DACs are.  LottoShares are profitable to own.  With NAS, you are just gambling your coins away.

Your assumption show your intelligence level...I am involved in the development a DAC so there you go...have you heard of chancecoin?? ever wondered why you have not heard of it? hint its not just marketing

Nxter,Bitcoiner,Ether highlevel developer working to improve the world.
T-800

Activity: 205
Merit: 105

【Ƀ】➔ ☽

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 12:49:25 AM

Could that be risky?

This exactly. I'm going to stay the hell away from this coin.

I don't understand the logic.  You are releasing your own private key to your own wallet, it just happens to be your own wallet of a different coin.  It doesn't seem risky to me at all.

Wallets are connected to the internet and could be sending this info to the dev.

anapolis

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:50:09 AM

Why is AGS shares vested while BTC and DOGE holders are not vested?
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 12:54:48 AM

Could someone send me a few coins for testing? I will be very grateful. I will give them back with interest when in two month Wink

I don't understand the logic.  You are releasing your own private key to your own wallet, it just happens to be your own wallet of a different coin.  It doesn't seem risky to me at all.

Anyway, I imported all my private keys and now have a bunch of LottoShares. Thanks Freetrade.

Just the chance of the wallet software being compromised in some way. It is all very well to risk to loss of the new coin in that way, but I would think a lot of coins are going to go unclaimed (= unmoved = destroyed), unless confidence really picks up in the first year.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:06:40 AM

If you really wanted to protect your coins you could just send them to another wallet and then use the original empty wallets private keys.   Wink

helloword2013

Activity: 333

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:16:39 AM

09:14:50

getmininginfo

09:14:50

{
"blocks" : 741,
"currentblocksize" : 2323,
"currentblocktx" : 3,
"difficulty" : 1.94126011,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 56410395,
"pooledtx" : 4,
"testnet" : false
}

any pool running??
pharesim

Activity: 423

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:29:14 AM

LTS has been added to the NHZ Asset Exchange DAC gateway

http://forum.nhzcrypto.org/index.php/topic,194.0.html
http://dacx.nhzcrypto.org/
telemaco

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:32:55 AM

Anyway, I imported all my private keys and now have a bunch of LottoShares. Thanks Freetrade.

Just the chance of the wallet software being compromised in some way. It is all very well to risk to loss of the new coin in that way, but I would think a lot of coins are going to go unclaimed (= unmoved = destroyed), unless confidence really picks up in the first year.

I agree. I think this is a problem with the method Bitshares X/Bitshares PTS/Bitshares AGS have been thought (and many other coins following the same practice). I am wondering if one day or the other, a scam DAC could appear and read your priv keys and send those to the developer. In the case of bitcoin and others you can send your savings to other address and give the older private key, but how are you going to do that with your Bitshares X rights? I think the validation of ownership to receive your rights on subsequent coins should be changed to giving a signature, not giving your own private key.
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:04:49 AM

Could that be risky?

The private key issue is kind of tricky..since you love innovative coins there is a beast of a competitor in town. Nas a far more efficient and faster system launching a functional easy to use client in a few hours:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=523187.msg7832377#msg7832377 lotto, dicegame, multigateway exchange from btc to nxt and other currencies...

Obviously you don't understand what DACs are.  LottoShares are profitable to own.  With NAS, you are just gambling your coins away.

Your assumption show your intelligence level...I am involved in the development a DAC so there you go...have you heard of chancecoin?? ever wondered why you have not heard of it? hint its not just marketing

Coming back with a comment like this tells me a lot about you as well.  Stop jerking off over yourself. I'm sure you're a genius.  You were comparing a DAC, LottoShares, to a regular coin that just happens to have a way to gamble away your coins built into the wallet.  Yes, i heard of Chancecoin. I held 3k CHA until I realized there was no marketing. Yes, marketing is a big reason why it hasn't succeeded.  BUT, you didn't mention anything about marketing in your comment.  The only thing you are doing is trolling one coin to hype your own interests.
freebeer2go

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:26:25 AM

I agree. I think this is a problem with the method Bitshares X/Bitshares PTS/Bitshares AGS have been thought (and many other coins following the same practice). I am wondering if one day or the other, a scam DAC could appear and read your priv keys and send those to the developer. In the case of bitcoin and others you can send your savings to other address and give the older private key, but how are you going to do that with your Bitshares X rights? I think the validation of ownership to receive your rights on subsequent coins should be changed to giving a signature, not giving your own private key.

This is why it's open source, so everyone could check it out and compile it yourself if you don't trust the binary. Just refuse any non-opensource clients.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:15:57 AM

Excellent job once again FreeTrade. You are the beacon of hope for all man kind.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:25:04 AM

So in short I don't understand from where are the winnings generated?

I'm also confused about these contradicting statements:

When a lottery ticket is played, the coins used as a stake are destroyed.
Thus as the lottery is played 15% of the total stake is destroyed, making other players richer.

So which one is it? All coins destroyed or just the 15% of the stake?

So the winnings come from the coinbase.

For a single played lottery ticket, 100% of the stake is destroyed.

Cumulatively, across all lottery tickets, 85% of the total stakes is recreated in the coinbase, and awarded as prizes.

So for every 100 coins destroyed in playing, on average, 85 will later be created in prizes.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: