Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:48:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ARCH] Architectcoin ICO on*Bittrex*Wallet just Released! Chat/Exchange!  (Read 22634 times)
vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:43:58 AM

Just a note: If the ICO ends Sunday night without the goal being met, all who hold ARC from the ICO will be refunded. Just a heads up, it's best to hold the coin, don't sell them.

I've put a lot of thought into this, and the following opinions are my own. I believe that a lot in the community are hesitant to invest in another ICO so soon after one had just ended. That skepticism is understandable, I don't fault anyone for it. It also happened right at the same time as quite a slump in the crypto community. Blood pressures were high, tempers were flaring, and an ICO is an easy target. I bear no ill will toward anyone, regardless. The dev team bears no ill will toward anyone either. Life is too short to carry a grudge. I believe this dev team have quite a cool idea. Put in a solid code base, wallet, and source. Get a development team and staff on salary so they work hard, and keep working, post release. Let the investors determine the direction of the coin, and be the architect of it's fate. It's just bad timing.

The team have discussed many options, and as the entire concept here is to let the community be the architects of the coins direction, the team feels that the community should be offered the options for comment, critique, and suggestion. Whether the ICO hits its goal before the end of the extension or not, the team understands that more concrete information such as a whitepaper of features, and a road-map of goods and services, are needed. If the ICO does not hit its goal before the end of the extension there are many options on how to proceed:

1. Scrap the project entirely.
2. Postpone the project, implement a few features, a white paper, and road-map, then relaunch at a later date.
3. Proceed with the project, distributing the vast majority (a small portion would be reserved for bounties) of the coin supply for free, and letting the market determine it's value.
4. Proceed with the project, via escrowed IPO, for a vastly reduced price.
5. If you have a suggestion, post it.

Obviously it's been a disappointing performance thus far. Every effort will be made to successfully complete the ICO. However, options on how to proceed need to be discussed now, and not at the last moment. The team would love to hear your input on this. Please, make your voice heard. Thank you.

zhangdu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:36:54 AM

don't tell people what you want to do,
don't ask people how to do,  
just show people what you have done.

placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:40:33 AM

Just a note: If the ICO ends Sunday night without the goal being met, all who hold ARC from the ICO will be refunded. Just a heads up, it's best to hold the coin, don't sell them.

I've put a lot of thought into this, and the following opinions are my own. I believe that a lot in the community are hesitant to invest in another ICO so soon after one had just ended. That skepticism is understandable, I don't fault anyone for it. It also happened right at the same time as quite a slump in the crypto community. Blood pressures were high, tempers were flaring, and an ICO is an easy target. I bear no ill will toward anyone, regardless. The dev team bears no ill will toward anyone either. Life is too short to carry a grudge. I believe this dev team have quite a cool idea. Put in a solid code base, wallet, and source. Get a development team and staff on salary so they work hard, and keep working, post release. Let the investors determine the direction of the coin, and be the architect of it's fate. It's just bad timing.

The team have discussed many options, and as the entire concept here is to let the community be the architects of the coins direction, the team feels that the community should be offered the options for comment, critique, and suggestion. Whether the ICO hits its goal before the end of the extension or not, the team understands that more concrete information such as a whitepaper of features, and a road-mBap of goods and services, are needed. If the ICO does not hit its goal before the end of the extension there are many options on how to proceed:

1. Scrap the project entirely.
2. Postpone the project, implement a few features, a white paper, and road-map, then relaunch at a later date.
3. Proceed with the project, distributing the vast majority (a small portion would be reserved for bounties) of the coin supply for free, and letting the market determine it's value.
4. Proceed with the project, via escrowed IPO, for a vastly reduced price.
5. If you have a suggestion, post it.

Obviously it's been a disappointing performance thus far. Every effort will be made to successfully complete the ICO. However, options on how to proceed need to be discussed now, and not at the last moment. The team would love to hear your input on this. Please, make your voice heard. Thank you.

This ICO was based on GREED!! I hope they lost their money to bittrex so that less shitcoins are being created, come on, asking for 138BTC!!! people are STUPID, but NOT THAT STUPID!!! Do you really think that DEV would care after he received those 138BTC? Yes, he will care about the weather in Ibiza, and maybe turn on bitcointalk to say, hi, i'm on holiday, i will work  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy when i don't have any BTCs left and make a new scamcoin.
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:42:38 AM

Suggestion one :

1. IPO of 5%!!!!! MAX!!!!!
2. Premine of 1%!!!! MAX!!!!
3. IPO price reflects a MAX marketcap of $50K!!!!!

If above is not happening then scrap this shit!!!!
zhangdu

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:04:59 PM

just have a look in bitterex, all things are same.

han1122

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:21:13 PM

140BTC fo ICO is too much ..

Where does your self-confidence come from Huh

zhangdu

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:22:54 PM

this coin worth even much more than 140 BTC. only lack of consideration before starting ICO. 

placebo
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:31:16 PM

this coin worth even much more than 140 BTC. only lack of consideration before starting ICO. 

This coin is worth 1 or 2 BTCs like a lot of the coins.
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:33:07 PM

Just having a poke through this thread again. No surprise the ICO has been extended. Guys, just let this coin die, don't bother investing. If the developer is adamant it's a coin worth investing in then they won't be easily discouraged from developing it. Go back to the drawing board and come back when you have some better features and plan the launch better. You'll at least avoid these scam threats. For now though, not a chance of investing a penny.

We don't think it was lack of features there are plenty of coins with zero wallet innovation (no built-in chat/markets) that do fine, we shouldn't have waited to release our roadmap/white paper. Also probably the ico issue and other coins didn't help matters much. I'm sure this project would have been more successful for everyone had we not tried to do radical things that people weren't prepared for as well. There is no point developing something people are not interested in, we are open to suggestions and have offered a few to our community managers as ideas for the coin. We will let them explain though as this is their forte. Thank you to those that did support us, though we know we put over 2 btc into this ourselves so there weren't many haha. Do not sell your coins if you want a refund, just wait till the ICO ends on Sunday.

Does Ico end the next sunday?
The Architects (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:12:18 PM

Just having a poke through this thread again. No surprise the ICO has been extended. Guys, just let this coin die, don't bother investing. If the developer is adamant it's a coin worth investing in then they won't be easily discouraged from developing it. Go back to the drawing board and come back when you have some better features and plan the launch better. You'll at least avoid these scam threats. For now though, not a chance of investing a penny.

We don't think it was lack of features there are plenty of coins with zero wallet innovation (no built-in chat/markets) that do fine, we shouldn't have waited to release our roadmap/white paper. Also probably the ico issue and other coins didn't help matters much. I'm sure this project would have been more successful for everyone had we not tried to do radical things that people weren't prepared for as well. There is no point developing something people are not interested in, we are open to suggestions and have offered a few to our community managers as ideas for the coin. We will let them explain though as this is their forte. Thank you to those that did support us, though we know we put over 2 btc into this ourselves so there weren't many haha. Do not sell your coins if you want a refund, just wait till the ICO ends on Sunday.

Does Ico end the next sunday?

Ends tonight.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:18:23 PM

I already stated my ideas, but will repeat some of them:

If going with an exchange-run ICO, and especially at this price, go with Polo and their ICD rules. Ideally go with a lower price.

If planning to go with Bittrex, offer up a buy wall at the end of the ICO + don't be quite so greedy. 10-50BTC, not 100+. Price the coins cheap. And even then, I'm not sure if people will be so eager, due to being burned so many times already.

Rebound Effect

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:25:19 PM

If going with an exchange-run ICO, and especially at this price, go with Polo and their ICD rules. Ideally go with a lower price.

If planning to go with Bittrex, offer up a buy wall at the end of the ICO + don't be quite so greedy. 10-50BTC, not 100+. Price the coins cheap. And even then, I'm not sure if people will be so eager, due to being burned so many times already.

Dev, if u lower the price what about those who already invested? If u start with a new price then maybe it s better to refund the investors and restart again all together. What about it?
The Architects (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:47:20 PM

Dev, if u lower the price what about those who already invested? If u start with a new price then maybe it s better to refund the investors and restart again all together. What about it?

If we don't reach 80% of ico then refunds will happen, and then will turn into a giveaway and let the ,markets decide price. The 2 community managers will handle this distribution. Since giveaways are not allowed on this forum they will have to come up with a creative way. No ICO means no floor will be set though so we cannot guess where things will go from here. Also Talkcoin did quite well having only a built in chat function and many more coins total. Those saying price is too high are absolutely wrong, as 5 mil total could easily achieve 8-10k satoshi had we not had such poor timing and delivered our roadmap sooner this may have ended up a different scenario and long term. There is absolutely no risk to buying right now as the possibility of meeting goals we are quite sure will not happen. Have a good sunday everyone.

edit: you cannot be refunded if you sell, keep this in mind as this is the last day of the ico so patience will be your best friend.
82ndabnmedic

Activity: 247

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:10:16 AM

As the ARCH Dev stated above, there will be refunds for those who purchased ARCH ICO - (just don not sell).

I hope the community takes notice that this is a great coin that came out at a bad time. The community now has the opportunity to become architects of there own economic future. As ARCH moves forward it is imperative that we as a community bring real value to ARCH Coin. The other community manager and I will coordinate a structured free distribution of ARCH coins.

To maintain the integrity of ARCH coin, we will devise a plan to distribute ARCH coins freely and fairly, this will aid in gaining the communities trust and overall acceptance.

If the community has knowledge of a project which has successfully distributed coins freely and fairly, please post the link and I will research it further. Any other input that is beneficial for the future of ARCH coin is welcome.

Cheers,
Medic - ARCH Community Manager

CISSP | PMP | CEH

Bitmark: Project Manager & PR Coordinator

BTC: 1FEi8MSP3ccoqLah8EcxfGZVHUViEmQfvQ

BTM: bNidDXnRu5fuD8Th7cPFh7jnPdyAhMh7Nr
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:20:45 AM

If the community has knowledge of a project which has successfully distributed coins freely and fairly, please post the link and I will research it further. Any other input that is beneficial for the future of ARCH coin is welcome.

Cheers,
Medic - ARCH Community Manager

Several coins have done the free giveaway thing -- comm and itc come to mind. ITC used forum posts/activity plus rank as a basis to determine how much each person got.

You can use the forum for giveaways, by the way, but people must either PM you their address or put it in their signature. In the latter case, you need to set up a website or something for registering, and have whatever system you put in place grab the address from our signatures. Sharecoin went that route, as did a couple of others.

Kora (or ORA) is the one that most recently ran a giveaway. You may want to chat with them, as sockpuppets is what you need to watch out for. They used a couple of different methods to weed them out.
zhangdu

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:24:22 AM

the arch on bittrex still alive, Smiley

coinmonsters

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:42:31 PM

Do not sell your coins if you want a refund, just wait till the ICO ends on Sunday.

What's the status on this?

vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:06:32 PM

Distribution is still being discussed, finding out what's up with the refund for ICO investors now.
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:26:01 PM

Distribution is still being discussed, finding out what's up with the refund for ICO investors now.

Maybe DEV need to adjust the price not 2800sats, but 280sats that would already be more interesting for people to join, that is still 13.5BTC!!!! And this is still a very big amount for a coin.
The Architects (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:35:56 PM

Maybe DEV need to adjust the price not 2800sats, but 280sats that would already be more interesting for people to join, that is still 13.5BTC!!!! And this is still a very big amount for a coin.

Once we hear back from bittrex on the status of our questions we'll relay them to everyone (regarding refunds, and premine). We will be giving the community managers coins to do with as they see fit. For us the project was unsuccessful therefor we are going to exit from this at a loss of both time and money, but hey that's the chance you take in anything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: