Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:51:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Official statement regarding sale of Satoshi Poker  (Read 10986 times)
BitcoinFlush (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

No longer satoshipoker.org - Can't change avatar

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 10:22:32 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 10:32:44 AM by BitcoinFlush

Hi guys,

Former CEO of Satoshi Poker here.

I tried to do the right thing and sell Satoshi Poker to an interested party, who were willing to relaunch Satoshi Poker as BurnTurn.eu, a new poker site legally owned by Open Source Industries Ltd in Antigua, with CEO Ragnar del Torres, but in fact owned and operated by Tampa,FL based Mr Brandon Casten. As Satoshi Poker was nearly bust, I had no other choice than to sell the site for just a plane ticket home with the agreement that player balances would be covered as soon as they had received all the passwords, credentials etc etc. As such I agreed but until this day the buyer has failed to honour the agreement and allow my former customers to cash out their funds.

As you can see on satoshipoker.org, the official version why BurnTurn.eu is not launching is that they wish to release an open source poker software which is still in development. To me personally, their spokesperson Brandon Casten (http://www.linkedin.com/in/brandoncasten) said the following:

To some of my affiliates, who asked why the site isn't live yet and why players can't cash out yet, he said:

Funny, because enterrabitcoinpoker.com does offer free use of the bitcoin deposit and withdrawal system which works with their software!

After confronting him with this, he basically blocked me on skype, has not been answering my emails and on the side has been attacking my affiliates for still having contact with me. Basically, he doesn't want to pay the players.

I am nearly finished with my preparations to sue Mr Brandon Casten and BurnTurn.eu to terminate the agreement and hand me back the software, databases etcetera. If he does, I would be able to have all players paid in at most a week after server transfer etcetera has been done. If he doesn't either hand the software back over or honour the agreement and pay Satoshi Poker's players, I will sue Mr Brandon Casten personally for the lies he has spread about the reason for not paying out the players as this is a legal ground to sue him personally in the United States. Besides that, I will sue BurnTurn.eu (by their legal name Open Source Industries Limited in Antigua) to enforce getting back control over software and backend so all players will be paid.

I would kindly request you all to be real careful with this site and would strongly advice that, if he does in the end allow it, former Satoshi Poker players immediately withdraw their balances from the site, as for now the new owner has clearly shown he doesn't care about the liabilities that he bought with the site.

As shown online ( http://calvinayre.com/2014/07/03/poker/beckys-affiliated-burnturn-btc-poker/ ) he plans to release burnturn.eu late 2014 and I will not have my former players wait this long, when the agreement has been very clear about the condition of sale.

As for people who are interested in the agreement by which Satoshi Poker has been sold:
https://mega.co.nz/#!UkVDlLQb!9IiH-Rt0n4mucDJIIPPm_6fA-RGLj4zZ-PUw5UN9pns

And the transfer of the license, to Mr Brandon Casten himself:
https://mega.co.nz/#!l003mTQR!Vp3rOwJ6nKQ3fVMpK_YbUrS4MY-uNJbzR9QvY_54ys8

To all my former customers at Satoshi Poker:
I will do everything within my power to enforce the buyer to either pay out the players or hand over all software and credentials to me so I can pay them myself. I will not allow the buyer to just take Satoshi Poker's players and abandon its players the way he has done.

Please feel free to send me a PM, email (bpvanoort@gmail.com) or skype (bp_van_oort) if you wish to keep up to date with the progress.

Best regards,

Bart van Oort
former CEO Satoshi Poker.

Let's color the MOON: Y1Dxt2kmHoRRWPBEeKv9rzCfcA7EvrWv82

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinFlush (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 10:33:13 AM

Links and images corrected. They were in incorrect order.

BitcoinFlush (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 11:05:08 AM

Thank you igaming.org for covering it this quickly...
http://igaming.org/poker/news/former-ceo-of-satoshi-poker-states-new-owners-doesnt-wish-to-pay-players/

RagnarBT

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:40:04 PM

I would ask the moderator to remove these slanderous remarks.  Bart is unfortunately very confused at this time and is sharing the details of a private agreement. 

I would also like to remind everyone that it was Bart who is guilty of defrauding his players of around 22 BTC, when he decided to spend the funds in his players' accounts instead of segregating player funds as any reputable poker site would.  This is the only FACT that truly matters here.  He was bailed out by the BurnTurn team, who accepts this liability, but must do so in a secure fashion to ensure that players get what they are owed.  When BurnTurn goes live (very soon), all verified accounts will be credited for instant withdrawal.  That promise has not been broken, but it has taken longer than expected to unwind the web of mistakes made by Bart. The BurnTurn team would love to be live with Satoshi Poker, but the software was not ready to launch.
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:51:27 PM

I would ask the moderator to remove these slanderous remarks.  Bart is unfortunately very confused at this time and is sharing the details of a private agreement. 

I would also like to remind everyone that it was Bart who is guilty of defrauding his players of around 22 BTC, when he decided to spend the funds in his players' accounts instead of segregating player funds as any reputable poker site would.  This is the only FACT that truly matters here.  He was bailed out by the BurnTurn team, who accepts this liability, but must do so in a secure fashion to ensure that players get what they are owed.  When BurnTurn goes live (very soon), all verified accounts will be credited for instant withdrawal.  That promise has not been broken, but it has taken longer than expected to unwind the web of mistakes made by Bart. The BurnTurn team would love to be live with Satoshi Poker, but the software was not ready to launch.

If you plan on launching with different software I would be interested in purchasing the Enterra software that satoshipoker ran with.

Hope this works out for everyone
RagnarBT

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:59:25 PM

If anyone has direct questions to me about the Satoshi Software, their personal bitcoins on the site or any concerns, please directly email me:  ragnar@burnturn.eu  I am willing to discuss anything except the legal terms of the deal between the old CEO of Satoshi and our company.

I am done airing any grievances in a public forum, but could not allow this to go without a response.  From here, I will not respond to the forthcoming angry responses from Bart or anyone else.  Anyone who wants my opinion is welcome to send a note.

AGAIN: WE WILL CREDIT ALL VALID ACCOUNTS UPON LAUNCH OF BURNTURN.EU
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:25:53 PM

Looks like a bit of finger pointing on both sides.

Watching closely.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

BitcoinFlush (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 09:12:13 PM

AGAIN: WE WILL CREDIT ALL VALID ACCOUNTS UPON LAUNCH OF BURNTURN.EU
late 2014, as you state in http://calvinayre.com/2014/07/03/poker/beckys-affiliated-burnturn-btc-poker/?

Slander? Please ellaborate where you see slander. I posted nothing but the truth and the agreement of sale to verify this. As for sharing a private agreement: you bought a pokersite on which players hold money and don't allow them to access their funds.

The software was fully operational. It would have been a simple topup of the hot wallet and players would be able to access their funds and continue playing poker like they did for a year. The enterra poker software has been untouched, as it has always been managed by enterra poker itself.

I don't deny the players were owed 22BTC and I don't deny that this is part due to my mismanagement. This is a public secret after the public auction performed on this very same forum. However, there is no web of mistakes, just a (as we speak) 13 BTC less in cold storage than in the player accounts.

I'm not going to play a game of pointing fingers. But I will have you pay out the players.

RagnarBT

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:32:36 AM

For all Satoshi players who were burned by the former CEO and could not withdraw their funds, BurnTurn will honor your accounts in advance of our launch if you need. 

Please email: satoshirefund@burnturn.eu and we will return your stolen BTC as soon as we can verify your identity.  Please help us by providing as much account info as possible…ideally username, password and associated email address.  Also let us know the BTC address to which you would like your refund.

Also, we hope you can enjoy BurnTurn and forget your negative experience at Satoshi Poker.

BitcoinFlush (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 04:58:41 AM

For all Satoshi players who were burned by the former CEO and could not withdraw their funds, BurnTurn will honor your accounts in advance of our launch if you need. 

Please email: satoshirefund@burnturn.eu and we will return your stolen BTC as soon as we can verify your identity.  Please help us by providing as much account info as possible…ideally username, password and associated email address.  Also let us know the BTC address to which you would like your refund.

Also, we hope you can enjoy BurnTurn and forget your negative experience at Satoshi Poker.
Nice statement. Except for the fact that Satoshi Poker offered anonymous poker, and basically you are just providing yourself another way of not paying out players that are owed. And in fact, they wouldn't be burned if it didn't took you guys over 2 months since contract to live up to the agreement and perform the relaunch as Brandon Casten offered, instead of coming back from this by various different reasons and still not paying a dime.

Anyway, I didn't start this thread to have a public discussion with a dishonest person as you, I just wanted to inform our players what has been going on and the steps I am going to take to undo the harm you have caused to them by blocking their balances until late 2014. I am hoping you did see the light now and will honour the agreement, pay out the players and give them a choice whether or not to play at your site. I am not here for a personal crusade against you guys, I just want the players to be paid.

In fact, I will send an email to the players, notifying them of this post and if you are sincere regarding paying them out, I wish you the best of luck.

sirhotalot

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:49:41 AM

If you plan on launching with different software I would be interested in purchasing the Enterra software that satoshipoker ran with.

The software is free: http://www.enterrabitcoinpoker.com/
BitcoinFlush (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 11:53:08 AM

The software is free: http://www.enterrabitcoinpoker.com/
'Free' as based on rake share without any backend features. You'd be an affiliate with an own skin Wink

st1letto

Activity: 76

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:22:41 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 01:44:04 PM by st1letto

i'm giving him a chance - just sent an email, stating my username, password and outstanding funds from SP
let's see
BitcoinFlush (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 07:25:19 PM

i'm giving him a chance - just sent an email, stating my username, password and outstanding funds from SP
let's see
I'm looking forward to the outcome!

RagnarBT

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:48:26 PM

let's see

My Apologies!  The email went to the wrong folder.  I found your email and refunded the BTC.  For the sake of all on this post, can you verify that you received them?

I apologize for the delay and hope you'll enjoy BurnTurn Poker!

Best,

Ragnar
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:28:31 PM

Lol, what's wrong with your posh and fabulous localpunter.com?
st1letto

Activity: 76

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:02:22 AM

Dear RagnarBT!

Thanks for taking a prompt action and sending me my outstanding funds on SP behalf as their successor!

I feel like the lucky one, just turned up at the right time, already after abandoning all hopes!

On another note - I wish both sides come to terms [unlikely], I understand you are very strongly passionate and ambitious each for his own business, I feel the same at time when I cannot agree with someone who does not share my view in business, and that has served me badly so many times and partnerships, alliances have been broken!

Can't we all prosper under the same sky? I understand, fighting your rivals or competition is also very attractive, too! But still, let's think about it, okay!

Best regards to all involved parties!
RagnarBT

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:16:36 AM

st1letto,

My pleasure!  I signed a contract to take on the liabilities of Satoshi about a month ago and my intention is to pay everyone who has a legitimate balance. The vast majority of balances were extremely low and there are over 1,000 accounts with balances, so the easiest way was to credit SP accounts and allow immediate withdrawal.  When I realized I couldn't reasonably get SP running in short order, we had to make the decision to rollover people onto BurnTurn.  It was tough, because I don't want there to be any more negative stories in the BTC space…such as the one that the former CEO created.

The rest of the stuff is just petty bullshit and I have no idea why some people felt the need to bash me.  I'm not mad, just don't want undue negativity towards BurnTurn before we have a chance to earn people's trust.  I am confident that time will show that we are honest people with an excellent online poker experience.  Luckily the very few who have decided to bash our people are pretty irrelevant.

Again, for all who want to reclaim their BTC that were stolen by the old owner of Satoshi Poker, please email: satoshirefund@burnturn.eu

Thank you,

Ragnar
mcb1221
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:16:58 AM

st1letto,

My pleasure!  I signed a contract to take on the liabilities of Satoshi about a month ago and my intention is to pay everyone who has a legitimate balance. The vast majority of balances were extremely low and there are over 1,000 accounts with balances, so the easiest way was to credit SP accounts and allow immediate withdrawal.  When I realized I couldn't reasonably get SP running in short order, we had to make the decision to rollover people onto BurnTurn.  It was tough, because I don't want there to be any more negative stories in the BTC space…such as the one that the former CEO created.

The rest of the stuff is just petty bullshit and I have no idea why some people felt the need to bash me.  I'm not mad, just don't want undue negativity towards BurnTurn before we have a chance to earn people's trust.  I am confident that time will show that we are honest people with an excellent online poker experience.  Luckily the very few who have decided to bash our people are pretty irrelevant.

Again, for all who want to reclaim their BTC that were stolen by the old owner of Satoshi Poker, please email: satoshirefund@burnturn.eu

Thank you,

Ragnar

Thanks you for sending my funds, hopefully it confirms
https://blockchain.info/tx/578a0da8be688a25af98cb8dcea82656fbddc8f7fb87ac90390c7874f075c396

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄██▀▀▀               ▀▀▄▄
      ▄▄█▀                         ▀▀▄
    ▄█▀                        ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█
  ▄██                     ▄▄█▀▀     ▄▀
 ██▀                 ▄▄██████▄    ▄▀
███               ▄▄██████████▄  ▀
██             ▄▄█████████████▀
██          ▄▄█████████████▀
██        ▄ ▀██████████████
██▄    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀████████▀
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀