Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:28:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Setup & Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S3 440GH/S Miner  (Read 40937 times)
RanjithHarsha77

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:02:47 AM

how to check my cable is 12V or 5V
Gogreen

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:13:00 AM

around 5v are The cable that connect to sata , cd rom , the peripherals

12v pciE with 8 pin plug , the cable with the 8 pin the other end is 6 pin . 

Bitcoin mining Antminer s7 4.7 TH Used in Good Condition Best Offer Prices @ ebay seller order directly here https://goo.gl/uaoh1r. Bitcoin payment optional.
Gogreen

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:20:44 AM

how to check my cable is 12V or 5V
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=671189.0 post your question here , you get more understanding and help. 

Bitcoin mining Antminer s7 4.7 TH Used in Good Condition Best Offer Prices @ ebay seller order directly here https://goo.gl/uaoh1r. Bitcoin payment optional.
RanjithHarsha77

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:37:42 AM

please see this image http://imgur.com/4Mgq0ME

this is a Box of my psu.

please check and tell that PSI-E cable is 12v or 5v

thank you
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:22:42 AM

You can use an adapter 2xMolex-to-6pinPCI-E.  Wink Just like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pin-Molex-to-6-Pin-PCI-E-Power-Adapter-12cm-New-/331294629159?pt=US_Power_Cables_Connectors&hash=item4d22b2dd27.

Sure, you should connect one native PCI-E power cable from your PCU and one "adaptered" power cable to each side of your S3.

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
MikeyJo

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:05:33 AM

Hello all, new to this..so here goes.  Got a s3 all hooked up runs nice.  I can access the miner via 192.168.0.8 as thats the subnet my cable modem uses.  I have configured pools, can ping out of the miner but cannot connect to a pool.  any help would be great and if i need to provide more info i will.

thanx

Mike
mathus

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 01:16:28 PM

Anyone know what it means when both green and red lights are on? I'm trying to reset but the reset directions are not working. I was connected to Wifi and was trying to connect to another wifi. I deleted the wifi settings before switching the physical settings to ethernet. Now I can't access the miner through ethernet or Wifi.
Please Help!
pak13

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:25:34 PM

This is an ass backwards guide for IP settings on your antminers. Don't follow OP's instructions. Do it the same way as the S1.

Its also really not S3 specific, the thread is just here to link to his group buy.

Its It's ...

The thread is rather informative. IT'S an independent review, not a paid employee. Has noise figures also which many reviews leave out.
eljotik

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 08:42:25 AM

I did reset to default via browser, ant3 panel and it try a few hours.

Than I did reset by clicking small button, like said in post nr 1.

Now I can't find ip of this antminer, guess it's the same vbut can't connect.

I use sniffer (i guess) to find ip deviaces and for other 2 ant3 miners I can find it.

In advance ty for any support.
rafoute59

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:40:51 PM

Hello, accidently, i deleted the lan interface in the miner. I tried a reset but i can't connect...
tperry

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 04:32:55 PM

Ok, I had read a lot about the AntMiner S3. 
Here is my story.
I purchased three used AntMiner S3s.  When I hooked up the first one, I realized that the previous owner had not reset them.  Ok, no problem, I had also been reading up on the S3 and some people were saying that the reset didn't work.  I went in changed settings, made it a static IP, and the miner would not work.  I could log in, but none of the mining would work. 
I went in to reset the interface (Network/Interface) and I clicked on delete bu accident.  I lost all contact and just kicked myself for turning it into a brick.
Cursing to myself, I moved to the second one.  Same problem as before, change network settings and it would not work.  I go again to reset, but now I see a WAN and a LAN.  So, somewhere I had left my brain on a table or something and I clicked on delete on WAN.  DAMNIT!  Lost access tot hat one, so, another brick.  I move onto the third one, again, same settings and the miner would not work.  I look online and find that someone had set it to dynamic and it worked.  Tried that and BOOM!  It worked!

Now, what does this have to do with anything?  I have one working S3 and two bricks.

I had left the power attached to the other two in all of this.  So, with nothing else to lose, I tried the reset button on both.  I held it for about 15 to 20 seconds.  Waited a few minutes and still nothing.  On a hunch, because having been in IT for a few years, but been out of it for 6 years now, I decided to reboot.  It has worked in other situations a long time ago, so I rebooted everything.

I now have three working S3's.  Resetting them and waiting onwards of ten minutes restored everything.  I was evean able to access them from the default IP address of 192.168.1.99.

So, if the reset does not work, why did it work for me?
pinhead666

Activity: 265

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 09:10:48 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=889206.msg9902302#msg9902302
goodgryphon

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 01:22:51 AM

I know I've seen a auto reboot somewhere but cant seen to find it again, I have a S3 miner and wish to set up an auto reboot for when I'm out of town. what file do I change/edit to get this to happen?  thanks for any help!.
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 09:27:25 AM

Where are you located?

We may be able to help you! (NOT 3BTC... thats too much) Specially if you were in USA/EU/Ukraine or Russia

You can PM us for the location.

need help,

i just did  flash firmware of antMiner_S320140711.bin to the 15unit of antminer s3+ 1by1, but all of it at once
and never thought something like this will happen

i wait the flashing done, for already hours, and no sign of successfull, and it keeps spinning (at attachment)
when i saw the machine
all of the antminer s3+ stop hashing, but the fan keep spinning, but no Network light, also no light at all at the back, i only see 1redlight from the back, behind the fan that spinning

©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©
so i test login to the antminer from network address(its address) also try login to default 192.168.1.99, but ALL cannot login

so i turn OFF 1machine, (while other 14machines i leave it that way)
and try turn it it ON,
but the machine only spin the fan for 2seconds, and the stop spinning
network light blinking green few blinks, and OFF
the the machine keeps blinking red light, without ending

i try hard reset the machine, few buttons also pressing 1minute, but no sign of reset, it keeps blinking red
i also try hard reset 1machine from 14machine that still ON, also no sign of reset, not even any sound

©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©

i try change PSU, or switch it, and repeat same as the above, but all not working

PLEASE KINDLY help, im shocked,, this is not only 1, but 15machine at once..
please tell me how to make the machine working as it used to be.. please help me
i leave the other 14machine still ON and waiting, dont know for how long

os there any alternative besides changing new boards??
(info@bitmaintech.com said i should change boards and pay 3btc)

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
shamoons

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:25:18 PM

hmm i only see 1 chain up on mine...anyidea ?

I'm having the same issue. Does anyone know how to resolve this?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: