Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:57:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines MH17 Crash: Boeing 777 Crashed in Ukraine Near Russian Border  (Read 51910 times)
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:14:28 PM

US intelligence: No direct link to Russia in Malaysia plane downing
http://rt.com/usa/174796-intelligence-malaysia-plane-mh17-us/

Unnamed US officials are telling Associated Press that their intelligence suggests Malaysia plane shot down by anti-Kiev militia, no link to Russia found.

Looks like the US is moving to the second stage: "if you can no longer maintain a lie, twist the truth"

I already thought the government was fast to conclude and point a finger.  I don't think we'll ever know what is on the black box.

Could anyone confirm if the data in the black boxes is encrypted? If it is not and the militants in Donetsk didn't hand over all of them, then nothing is over yet. These black boxes seem to be in a good state, so there is no way the data can be "lost" (at least due to the crash itself).
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:27:06 PM

Still some hard to prove infos but a state like Russia would not compromise itself by presenting false or modified evidences. What Ukraine is doing on the other hand is stupidity and desperation....
ps: and about that shot in the leg.... they did it before..... way worse than ud believe... they bombed their own troops a couple of times since this crap is on. the rebels werent any better either tbh , they also colided in very unpleasant ways to say so....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgS7-b3FLn8
So is Russia saying a Ukrainian fighter jet shot down Flight MH17?

In the fog of war, it's hard to tell. A thorough investigation should hopefully straighten all of this out.

However, having said all that, a Ukrainian fighter jet and a Ukrainian military transport were both shot down by surface-to-air missiles fired by pro-Russian separatists. It seems more likely that the third plane, MH17, was also shot down by a surface-to-air missile fired by pro-Russian separatists.
needbmw
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:54:33 PM

However, having said all that, a Ukrainian fighter jet and a Ukrainian military transport were both shot down by surface-to-air missiles fired by pro-Russian separatists. It seems more likely that the third plane, MH17, was also shot down by a surface-to-air missile fired by pro-Russian separatists.

At what altitude? 10km?

NO PSAKING!
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:57:10 PM

MH17 arrives at football, Netherlands up to decide if will participate at Russia 2018 World Cup:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/soccer-mourning-dutch-postpone-discussion-russia-world-cup-124129223--sow.html

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
noviapriani

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:03:06 PM

Still some hard to prove infos but a state like Russia would not compromise itself by presenting false or modified evidences. What Ukraine is doing on the other hand is stupidity and desperation....
ps: and about that shot in the leg.... they did it before..... way worse than ud believe... they bombed their own troops a couple of times since this crap is on. the rebels werent any better either tbh , they also colided in very unpleasant ways to say so....

In the fog of war, it's hard to tell. A thorough investigation should hopefully straighten all of this out.

Let's not get silly here. US surveillance watched exactly what happened. There is really no doubt it was shot down by a surface to air missile, and the area it was launched from was observed also. And to say that Russia wouldn't compromise themselves, perhaps you need to read a little history.

Rigon

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:08:32 PM

That is the U.S.'s goal: To bring Ukraine into NATO and the EU.

It is better for Ukraine to be on good terms with both Russia and the West. Have an equal relationship with both groups. That is my opinion.
zolace (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:11:22 PM

It is better for Ukraine to be on good terms with both Russia and the West. Have an equal relationship with both groups. That is my opinion.
I didn't ask what your opinion of US goals were. I asked two specific questions: Why do you think that bringing the Ukraine into NATO would be good for the US strategically, and why don't you think it would be tremendously destabilizing for the region if they did?

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
tee-rex

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:14:51 PM

Let's not get silly here. US surveillance watched exactly what happened. There is really no doubt it was shot down by a surface to air missile, and the area it was launched from was observed also. And to say that Russia wouldn't compromise themselves, perhaps you need to read a little history.

If so, then why wouldn't they just show the evidence to the public and make vicious Putin cry with bloody tears? No one saw a missile that hit the plane take off, but it leaves a hell of smoke behind. How come? You say that "there is really no doubt it was shot down by a surface to air missile", but is this not enough to sow the seed of doubt?
Rigon

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:16:10 PM

I didn't ask what your opinion of US goals were. I asked two specific questions: Why do you think that bringing the Ukraine into NATO would be good for the US strategically, and why don't you think it would be tremendously destabilizing for the region if they did?
That is not my opinion. I repeat: The U.S.'s goals are to bring Ukraine into NATO and closer to Europe and the EU. That is the U.S.'s goal. That is a fact. Therefore it is part of the U.S.'s strategic interest.

My opinion was stated as that Ukraine should stay out of NATO and the EU and have both a relationship with NATO/EU and Russia. That part was my opinion. The paragraph above states fact. This paragraph states opinion.
zolace (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:19:15 PM

That is not my opinion. I repeat: The U.S.'s goals are to bring Ukraine into NATO and closer to Europe and the EU. That is the U.S.'s goal. That is a fact. Therefore it is part of the U.S.'s strategic interest.

My opinion was stated as that Ukraine should stay out of NATO and the EU and have both a relationship with NATO/EU and Russia. That part was my opinion. The paragraph above states fact. This paragraph states opinion.
So you just aren't going to answer my questions? I can understand why.

As far as your opinion on US goals, they are just that: opinions. Unless perhaps you have some source that you can share that backs up your bare assertion?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
tee-rex

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:20:52 PM

What you think is a fact may just be your assumption. Facts are confirmed through evidence. There is no such evidence that would undoubtedly confirm what you consider as "fact".
Rigon

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:22:31 PM

So you just aren't going to answer my questions? I can understand why.

As far as your opinion on US goals, they are just that: opinions. Unless perhaps you have some source that you can share that backs up your bare assertion?
http://www.rferl.org/content/ukraine.../25204454.html

From Radio Free Europe Radio Liberty:

Interview: U.S. Senator McCain Discusses Pro-EU Demonstrations In Ukraine

December 18, 2013

U.S. Senator John McCain has accused Russia of trying to block Ukraine's efforts to join the European Union. Fresh upon his return from witnessing the pro-European Union demonstrations taking place in Kyiv, McCain spoke to RFE/RL's Golnaz Esfandiari about what may lie ahead for the country.

RFE/RL: Senator McCain, You just returned from Ukraine where you expressed your support for pro-EU protesters. You met with a number of opposition leaders and others. What are your impressions and what did protesters and opposition activists tell you about the crisis and their demands?

Senator John McCain: Well, I not only met with a lot of the opposition, I also met with oligarchs and I also met with President [Viktor] Yanukovych. So we had a good chance to get an impression of what's happening there.

I believe what's happening there is the majority of the people in Ukraine want to be aligned with the West, they want to be part of the European part of the world, rather than Russia, and not only do they want that but they're very tired of the heavy corruption that's there and also the lack of economic development, which they see in Europe. So the fact that they want to join the EU is not only because they want membership, they want to move to a European style of living and they're very sick and tired of the corruption and their inability to have good jobs and a good future.

I was not only impressed but uplifted by what I saw in the square there in Kyiv. The people are incredible, they brave harsh conditions as well as an attempted crackdown. I believe that peacefully they're demanding what are their rights, including an end to corruption there in Ukraine and including a better life that all of them deserve. So I must say it was one of the most moving experiences I've ever had to see a couple hundred thousand people braving the cold, a bitter cold, and standing up for what they think is a better life for themselves and their children.

RFE/RL: You've criticized the use of force against peaceful protesters. How concerned are you about their safety?

McCain: Well, I remain concerned, they remain concerned. I was invited to come there by [opposition UDAR party leader Vitali] Klitschko and others. I was very honored to be there and it was very moving experience for me to see all of these people in the square.

There was a crackdown by the police, many people were injured, and that stopped. In our meeting with the president, we told him that if there was violence, that the United States would have to consider, and I emphasize consider, sanctions, because we don't believe in that.

So I found the mood of the people to be very upbeat, and very cold weather, and now this latest agreement that we've heard about between [Russian President Vladimir] Putin and Yanukovych -- we need to find out what in return Mr. Yanukovych promised Mr. Putin. It will be interesting to find that out.

RFE/RL: What is Russia trying to achieve?

McCain: I think the Russians are trying to keep Ukraine from joining the EU. One of the leaders of the [opposition] coalition [Fatherland party leader Arseniy] Yatsenyuk said, "Free cheese is only found in a mousetrap," and I think that he's right there. Mr. Putin is not notorious for giving away things, so we'll have to see. But the fact is, I think, this is an effort on the part of Putin and Yanukovych to keep Ukraine from moving into the European Union."

RFE/RL: Senator McCain, you said the United States should consider sanctions against Ukraine. What kind of sanctions or measures?

McCain: If violence was inflicted on peaceful protesters, I couldn't give you the exact kind of sanctions. But, as you know, we passed the Magnitsky Bill as the result of the needless murder of Sergei Magnitsky and that targeted individuals. That would be the kind of a model, but again, only if there was violence against peaceful demonstrators and we don't want to do that. We just think that if there was further violence against them, then the U.S. Congress would feel that we had to react to it. We hope it will never happen.

RFE/RL: Senator McCain, you've praised U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry's strong criticism of the crackdown. What is your assessment of the response by the United States to the crisis in Ukraine?

McCain: I'm very pleased with Secretary Kerry's statement, I'm pleased with [U.S. Assistant Secretary of State] Victoria Nuland's handling of the issue, I think our ambassador has done a good job there so I think we've stood up for these people in the name of human rights and I hope we will continue to do so.

RFE/RL: Are there any other steps the United States should take to support pro-EU forces in Ukraine?

McCain: No, I was pleased to go there and support these people who are struggling for a better country and a better government. But the future of Ukraine will be determined by the Ukrainian people and I think right now they have some very fine leadership and I was really deeply impressed by the enthusiasm of these young people.

RFE/RL: Where is this crisis heading in your opinion?

McCain: I don't know. I think we have to examine this latest offer agreement that Putin has given to Yanukovych and find out what the details are. Again, usually the Russians don't give away free money and so we have to examine that. There is still a call for a unity government so they can deal with what is clearly an economic crisis in Ukraine.
Rigon

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:24:15 PM

What you think is a fact may just be your assumption. Facts are confirmed through evidence. There is no such evidence that would undoubtedly confirm what you consider as "fact".
http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...k-to-join-nato

From The Hill:

McCain: Put Ukraine on track to join NATO

By Kevin Cirilli - 05/15/14 02:40 PM EDT

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Thursday said NATO should put Ukraine on a track for eventual membership and urged the U.S. to provide more military aid to Kiev.

“They want to be part of NATO,” said McCain at the New America Foundation's 2014 Conference. “There’s a long process, by the way. You don’t just accept membership. We could put them on a military assistance plan.

“We have military assistance plans with at least 50 countries. It would not be an earthshaking or new kind of thing to give these people some ability to defend themselves,” he added.

McCain has pushed for the administration to provide military help to Kiev to help it counter pro-Russian separatist groups in the east of the country.
At the conference, he said it was "shameful" that the U.S. had not provided more aid, noting that Ukrainian troops lacked body armor, night vision capability and other weapons.

"It would help the morale enormously," McCain said. "Believe me, at some point Ukraine will fight.

“The people of Ukraine have a long history of fighting for their independence and they’re not going to sit idly by and watch Vladimir Putin invade their country," he continued.

McCain mocked the Obama administration for instead sending meals, ready-to-eat.

"You can't make this story up: After a heated debate in the White House, the administration decided they would send MREs," McCain said. "But someone said, 'Well, we don't want to fly them in U.S. aircraft because that might provoke Vladimir Putin.' So we leased German trucks to take the MREs in."

"I think now we should call it MRE diplomacy," McCain joked.
zolace (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:25:55 PM

Ukraine has a triple CCC credit rating, worst in the world, triple "crap"

because they is the skintest cheap feckers around they is gonna get drunk, fight, and when they accidentally knock down planes playing with russian anti-aircraft equipment because they have fuck all else to do, the obvious thing to follow up on is rob all the dead bodies of cash before the international inspectors can get to the bodies.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:30:03 PM

Ukrainian fighter jets were flying very close to Malaysian Flight 17 when it was shot down
Is THIS Why the Plane Was Shot Down?

Senior U.S. officials now admit that the Malaysian airlines passenger plane was likely accidentally shot down.

The Russian government claims Ukrainian fighter jets were flying very close to Malaysian Flight 17 when it was shot down.  Others claim that Ukrainian fighter jets were escorting the Malaysian plane through Ukrainian airspace.

However, a Youtube video made a month before Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was shot down alleges that Ukranian fighter jets were hiding behind passenger planes, pulling away temporarily, dropping bombs on Ukrainian separatists, and then hiding again behind the plane
Video and more...http://www.infowars.com/ukrainian-fighter-jets-hid-behind-passenger-plane-pulled-away-and-dropped-bombs-and-then-hid-behind-plane-once-again/
tee-rex

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:38:49 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 07:20:09 PM by tee-rex

http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...k-to-join-nato

From The Hill:

McCain: Put Ukraine on track to join NATO

By Kevin Cirilli - 05/15/14 02:40 PM EDT

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Thursday said NATO should put Ukraine on a track for eventual membership and urged the U.S. to provide more military aid to Kiev.

“They want to be part of NATO,” said McCain at the New America Foundation's 2014 Conference. “There’s a long process, by the way. You don’t just accept membership. We could put them on a military assistance plan.

“We have military assistance plans with at least 50 countries. It would not be an earthshaking or new kind of thing to give these people some ability to defend themselves,” he added.

McCain has pushed for the administration to provide military help to Kiev to help it counter pro-Russian separatist groups in the east of the country.
At the conference, he said it was "shameful" that the U.S. had not provided more aid, noting that Ukrainian troops lacked body armor, night vision capability and other weapons.

"It would help the morale enormously," McCain said. "Believe me, at some point Ukraine will fight.

“The people of Ukraine have a long history of fighting for their independence and they’re not going to sit idly by and watch Vladimir Putin invade their country," he continued.

McCain mocked the Obama administration for instead sending meals, ready-to-eat.

"You can't make this story up: After a heated debate in the White House, the administration decided they would send MREs," McCain said. "But someone said, 'Well, we don't want to fly them in U.S. aircraft because that might provoke Vladimir Putin.' So we leased German trucks to take the MREs in."

"I think now we should call it MRE diplomacy," McCain joked.

So you take McCain's words as an evidence that the U.S. wants Ukraine to join NATO, be closer to Europe and the EU, right?
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:39:19 PM

I, and most of the non-Russian speaking World, can't understand a word of what that girl is saying, but I believe the Japanese will make a Manga cartoon with her to pair up with the Crimean prosecutor if they see the video...

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1823
Merit: 2793

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 06:49:23 PM

Ukrainian fighter jets were flying very close to Malaysian Flight 17 when it was shot down
Is THIS Why the Plane Was Shot Down?

Senior U.S. officials now admit that the Malaysian airlines passenger plane was likely accidentally shot down.

The Russian government claims Ukrainian fighter jets were flying very close to Malaysian Flight 17 when it was shot down.  Others claim that Ukrainian fighter jets were escorting the Malaysian plane through Ukrainian airspace.

However, a Youtube video made a month before Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was shot down alleges that Ukranian fighter jets were hiding behind passenger planes, pulling away temporarily, dropping bombs on Ukrainian separatists, and then hiding again behind the plane
Video and more...http://www.infowars.com/ukrainian-fighter-jets-hid-behind-passenger-plane-pulled-away-and-dropped-bombs-and-then-hid-behind-plane-once-again/

So what's in the bags everyone is carrying around?

I, and most of the non-Russian speaking World, can't understand a word of what that girl is saying, but I believe the Japanese will make a Manga cartoon with her to pair up with the Crimean prosecutor if they see the video...

This is why Google translate is built into YouTube, which is where the subtitles are coming from.

Paya

Activity: 334

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:02:56 PM

Cracks in rebels story: one of the their commanders, Alexander Khodakovsky, admitted that his forces had Buk SAM, that it might had been supplied by Russia, involved in shooting down MH17, and then smuggled back over the border. He also said that although it is expected from him to represent the side he is fighting for, this doesn't mean that it must always reflect his own views: "This causes real discomfort to my soul."

Article: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mh17-ukraine-rebels-admit-having-moscow-supplied-buk-missile-system-1458032
tee-rex

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:18:40 PM

Cracks in rebels story: one of the their commanders, Alexander Khodakovsky, admitted that his forces had Buk SAM, that it might had been supplied by Russia, involved in shooting down MH17, and then smuggled back over the border. He also said that although it is expected from him to represent the side he is fighting for, this doesn't mean that it must always reflect his own views: "This causes real discomfort to my soul."

Article: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mh17-ukraine-rebels-admit-having-moscow-supplied-buk-missile-system-1458032

And if we follow the link and read the article, we see that "Khodakovsky suggested the missile system had probably come from Russia and was smuggled back across the border after MH17 was shot down". Surely not something that you would describe as "admitted".

Also:

Russia could have offered this BUK under some entirely local initiative," he said. "I want a BUK and if someone offered me one, I wouldn't turn it down. But I wouldn't use it against something that did not threaten me. They probably sent it back in order to remove proof of its presence
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: