Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:12:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden dead  (Read 7486 times)
FatherMcGruder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2011, 02:59:48 PM

This is an interesting point. In your opinion, then, what would justice look like for this situation? If Osama was fairly tried and found guilty, what would be the best way to serve justice? Monetary compensation for families? Execution by drowning in pig's blood? Life sentence in jail?  I'm curious to know what you think justice would look like. 
I think dropping him off in front of a NYC firehouse would have done the trick. That or life imprisonment. Of course, as long as we don't see a death certificate, there's still a chance, right?

I've heard some people say that trying him and burying him would make him a martyr and give his supporters a shrine. I think that that doesn't make sense because he's already a martyr and Islam strictly prohibits idol worship. Furthermore, I don't see why a trial might preclude a sea burial later on.

Use my Trade Hill referral code: TH-R11519

Check out bitcoinity.org and Ripple.

Shameless display of my bitcoin address:
1Hio4bqPUZnhr2SWi4WgsnVU1ph3EkusvH

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 03:15:44 PM

Is there actually any proof he is really dead?

I mean after almost 10years they finally found him, and what do they do, shoot him dead and than decide to throw him immediately in sea.

And we get an old photoshopped picture of him and a nice story how they killed him. Yeah right...  Undecided

I hope it is true, but at this moment I'm not that sure of it.

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
deadlizard

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 03:21:23 PM

inb4 new audio tape of Osama saying "death to america"  Grin

I think the fact that Obama interrupted Donald Trump's show to announce this speaks volumes

btc address:1MEyKbVbmMVzVxLdLmt4Zf1SZHFgj56aqg
gpg fingerprint:DD1AB28F8043D0837C86A4CA7D6367953C6FE9DC

caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 03:26:24 PM

I ask the same question. Not that it's easy to fake such a thing, but still, if he was really killed, shouldn't there be evidences like videos and pictures at least? Has any been released to the media?

If they take too long to release anything that will remain suspicious.
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2011, 03:27:13 PM

Hooray, we killed some old man that wasn't an immediate threat to any of us. I can sleep better at night.
Mahkul

Activity: 434

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 03:50:08 PM

I ask the same question. Not that it's easy to fake such a thing, but still, if he was really killed, shouldn't there be evidences like videos and pictures at least? Has any been released to the media?

If they take too long to release anything that will remain suspicious.

Hopefully Wikileaks will have something for us soon.
Prze_koles

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 03:54:36 PM

my care cup is empty  Roll Eyes

1FzTJh1C58m1gqnNzxLTt2ryNYkuk1YdfN
Mahkul

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 04:01:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPFdbKLUmQk this song never gets old when it comes to the USA government. Not that I liked Osama.
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 04:24:08 PM

News outlets here are reporting the SF soldiers were under specific orders to kill, not capture Bin Laden.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
hairofthedog

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 05:55:00 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2011, 06:17:07 PM by hairofthedog

I was disappointed by President Obama's speech, when he kept stressing that this isn't a fight against Islam.

But if we are all honest, this is a fight against Islam. In essence, Islam, even in its most moderate form is a totalitarian ideology.  Islam is an ideology that does not believe in the non-aggression principle. Osama Ben Ladin used that very notion to justify his actions.

When it's perfectly acceptable for an American President to talk about a fighting Communism, fighting Nazism, fighting <insert totalitarian ideology>, why is it unacceptable to talk about fighting Islam? What, just because Islam labels itself "religion" it's exempt form critical analysis? What utter bullshit.

And before anyone here calls me a racist, hateful, or intolerant, remember that religion is a CHOICE and and race or place of birth aren't.

Of course I would always condemn initiation of violence against a Muslim just because of their beliefs. Everybody is free to believe what they want to.  But that doesn't mean that I won't decry and ridicule the mind virus that is Islam (and all other Abrahamic religions for that matter) at any opportunity.

Islam (the ideology itself, not the ethnic groups who follow it) is one of the biggest threats to the world.  We ain't seen nothing yet.  
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2011, 06:40:52 PM

Islam is an ideology that does not believe in the non-aggression principle.

For hundreds of years, religious adherents have been finding ways to reinterpret their ancient doctrines to fit with modern moral thinking and Islam is no different. It's not Islam itself that is the threat but the actual people that refuse to reexamine their dogmas in light of humanistic advancements. If Islam is a threat then so is every other religion that once preached death to certain groups. Most Christians have found ways to disregard the violent aspects of their religion and so can Muslims.
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2011, 07:16:21 PM

There were apparently live tweets during the raid by
https://twitter.com/#!/ReallyVirtual  (source thru techdirt http://bit.ly/itviNJ)

And a nice youtube video of the supposed hideout:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlWMsApBOws

The view count seems blocked at 301 Smiley

BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 07:34:31 PM

I know quite a bit of Muslims, nice and friendly people to work with.
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 08:11:08 PM

And Obama does?

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
FatherMcGruder

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2011, 08:23:07 PM

When it's perfectly acceptable for an American President to talk about a fighting Communism, fighting Nazism, fighting <insert totalitarian ideology>, why is it unacceptable to talk about fighting Islam?
It's never acceptable because it doesn't make sense. You can't fight, let alone defeat, an idea.

Mahkul

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 08:37:09 PM

On a less serious note: http://youtu.be/u8A2unABbtA
hairofthedog

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 08:39:55 PM

I know quite a bit of Muslims, nice and friendly people to work with.

I know several Muslims too, they're good people, just misguided by ideology.

Ask your moderate Muslims friends whether they would support laws making it illegal to make fun of their imaginary friends, and you'll see what I mean with the non-aggression principle.

In many cases they are  simply repeating what they were told as children, and not giving much thought to the implications of such views.

As long as Islam is above criticism, they won't change their minds any time soon.
hairofthedog

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 08:44:36 PM

When it's perfectly acceptable for an American President to talk about a fighting Communism, fighting Nazism, fighting <insert totalitarian ideology>, why is it unacceptable to talk about fighting Islam?
It's never acceptable because it doesn't make sense. You can't fight, let alone defeat, an idea.

You can fight it with education, open debate, and ostracism.
Mahkul

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 09:06:24 PM

On a more serious note: http://www.americanussr.com/american-ussr-osama-bin-laden.htm
FatherMcGruder

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2011, 09:16:07 PM

You can fight it with education, open debate, and ostracism.
You can't do any of those things to ideas. You can only do them to people. Your target ideas will always exist, even in the minds of people who do not subscribe to them.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: