Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:21:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: μ - Bitcoin Venture Capital (Collecting Shareholders Data)  (Read 27062 times)
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 07:00:04 AM

While investors are buying shares of muBit, we are gradually buying some of them as well.

Note that 100% of the shares are being selling to public. We do not reserve any of the shares. This is to say, the only cost of each share for the shareholder is the 5% fee. We ourselves hold some of the shares only via buying.

And also, as said in the OP, we promise that we will not hold more than 10%. Therefore we are guaranteed to be incapable of influencing the results of motions too much.

Usually it's a very positive signal for an asset manager put his own money into the fund he is managing. I think after the IPO, you can public the number of shares you hold to the public, since GLBSE is still not with this function.

The fee structure of this fund is much better than other fund in the capital market, which charges 2% management fee per year and 20% of carried interest. The famous donation fund manager David F. Swensen hate such kind fee structure very much. muBit is starting a good and new practice for the asset management industry.

I only hope that you will be more diligent towards the risks. Some investment opportunity looks have very high rate of return, but it's dangerous.

Yes, we will make the portion of the shares we bought public after the IPO.

We are and will be always careful about the investment we make. Even when there is some high risk investment opportunity that we ourselves are interested in and convinced, we will still open up a motion for all our shareholders to decide. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 10:52:09 AM

The financial disclosure of the first week is out:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=70592.msg822256#msg822256

It is not that interesting though, since our IPO has just started and we haven't yet invested in any assets now. The only thing to mention is that we paid a very small number of dividends to clean up our initial funds (existed before the IPO, too tiny to withdraw) and test the GLBSE dividend payment system.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 11:54:35 AM

Weekly Investment Opportunity Study

Gigamining is about to provide a bond each of which sold at 1BTC and represents 5MH/s of mining power. It's more profitable than PureMining if the price doesn't change in its actual IPO. The problem is that "soon" in BFL's term might mean anything from two months to the end of time.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74154.0

There are some Cognitive shares asked at a price less than 105% of the IPO price.

Fresca Mining is planning to further reduce its IPO price. We hope they could finally provide a good deal.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74044.0

TyGrr-Bank will reduce its interest rate to 2.5% from Apr. 3rd.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67818.0

TyGrr-Bot is already selling its IPOs.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74291.0

Kaos

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 01:57:28 PM

Gigamining is about to provide a bond each of which sold at 1BTC and represents 5MH/s of mining power. It's more profitable than PureMining if the price doesn't change in its actual IPO. The problem is that "soon" in BFL's term might mean anything from two months to the end of time.

There are some Cognitive shares asked at a price less than 105% of the IPO price.

Fresca Mining is planning to further reduce its IPO price. We hope they could finally provide a good deal.

I love you man, you save me so much time... Best part is, that you're not a theoretical financial advisor. You're offering both a product and a service...
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 02:19:39 PM

I love you man, you save me so much time... Best part is, that you're not a theoretical financial advisor. You're offering both a product and a service...

In fact we might not keep releasing the investment opportunity study part as often as weekly, after we become a relatively bigger player on GLBSE. Pretty easy to be taken advantage of in such a small market.

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 03:44:49 PM

would you like to send the future report to some significant shareholders, like owning more than 5% of the company.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Kaos

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 07:03:30 PM

would you like to send the future report to some significant shareholders, like owning more than 5% of the company.

Shareholder forum/mailing list would be +1 from me...

Although I would prefer it if there was no elitist "premium" membership caveat involved.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 07:31:39 PM

I will be adding RSS newsfeeds for each asset, so asset owners can keep the general public informed, and them emails for announcements to shareholders.

I did want to build a kind of BBSlite type of system into GLBSE but thats going to have to wait for a few other things first.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 10:03:14 PM

As a stockholder I think it is a very bad idea to publicly announce what you are buying/selling - especially before you buy/sell it.  I think it is a bad idea to even announce you might buy or sell something.  Quietly buy stuff and then let everyone know you bought it (with color commentary, reasons, whatever) if appropriate.  Quietly sell things and then announce you sold it (with commentary as appropriate).

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Nefario

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 10:36:03 PM

As a stockholder I think it is a very bad idea to publicly announce what you are buying/selling - especially before you buy/sell it.  I think it is a bad idea to even announce you might buy or sell something.  Quietly buy stuff and then let everyone know you bought it (with color commentary, reasons, whatever) if appropriate.  Quietly sell things and then announce you sold it (with commentary as appropriate).

I agree, as soon as you announce anything the price will go up or down depending on whether you're buying or selling.

Probably do a weekly summary of your trades (heh, copy and paste from your GLBSE account)

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 04:40:08 AM

We agree. This will change after several weeks.

We are now so small that we are negligible from other guys' eyes. So at this moment, we believe that the downside brought by some publicity of our thoughts is not that much.

Of course, if we become a little bigger, or the GLBSE system for announcement to shareholders is done, we will stop releasing of our plans on forums. Smiley

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 04:47:35 AM

Will there be any rules to keep enough diversification for this fund? like no single investment asset will be more than 15% of the net asset value of the fund.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 05:07:41 AM

Will there be any rules to keep enough diversification for this fund? like no single investment asset will be more than 15% of the net asset value of the fund.

We are thinking about it. 15% is not an appropriate percentage at this moment though, given the limitation of our investment choices.

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 06:15:11 AM

We are thinking about it. 15% is not an appropriate percentage at this moment though, given the limitation of our investment choices.

Yes, the number may be adjusted, but some kind of policy for self-regulation is good for the long term interest of this fund.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 07:06:28 AM

I agree, as soon as you announce anything the price will go up or down depending on whether you're buying or selling.

Probably do a weekly summary of your trades (heh, copy and paste from your GLBSE account)

Thanks Nefario.

Maybe the raw columns of data from GLBSE is not enough. I'm considering writing some scripts to extract information from them. Smiley

Nefario

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2012, 11:08:03 PM

Thanks Nefario.

Maybe the raw columns of data from GLBSE is not enough. I'm considering writing some scripts to extract information from them. Smiley

I will be adding an API in about a week or two, so you won't need to do this.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 07:02:25 AM

A motion is created.

We are still not sure how it works exactly, but of course we will not vote with the rest un-sold shares ourselves.
After the results is known, if it's not broadcasted to our shareholders by GLBSE, we will publish it on this thread.

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 11:57:43 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2012, 12:17:29 PM by HorseRider

The IPO seems in a slow but steady move, everyday the share is being purchased. I guess if it was not the sexy Ponzi large scale IPO, this rational IPO would have going faster.

Voted. Everyone would know that I voted nay.

Nefario, why the shareholders now cannot see the voting results which could in the GLBSE 1.0?

Nefario

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 12:59:14 PM

The IPO seems in a slow but steady move, everyday the share is being purchased. I guess if it was not the sexy Ponzi large scale IPO, this rational IPO would have going faster.

Voted. Everyone would know that I voted nay.

Nefario, why the shareholders now cannot see the voting results which could in the GLBSE 1.0?

The results become publicly available after the motion has finished, go to the assets page and look at old motions.

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 04:26:00 PM

That Ponzi scheme IPO is about to end, and this IPO will be running in a faster way.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: