Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:47:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Sidebar Gadget Supports (Deepbit/Slush/Eligius/BTCMine/BTCGuild)  (Read 25983 times)
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2011, 12:05:36 PM

Nice. Can't wait until I can see stats for each of the miners I have with slush's pool.

Currently slushpool does not offer API for this, once it is added I will gladly add it. I will be making another update tonight with some more features. If there are any requests please do make them.

I asked slush about it over at his thread, and he says this is one feature he plans to introduce next Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xer

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 02:02:10 PM

If this somehow was able to show the GPU core temperatures next to each worker thread it would be the best gadget ever.
However something like that would have to be supported by having the mining client report the temperature to the pool and then send it back through the json interface. Would be a awesome feature though.
PiGames

Activity: 110

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 02:18:06 PM

Awesome little widget.
I like the Pool Hash rate line (and this definitely saves me from a few f5's)
One thing that may be cool (in a vanity way) is to have a line that takes your BTC balance at a pool and multiplies it by the last mtGox (or whatever trade) sites value to give you a 'running total'.
But again, not really practical..strictly vanity.

Keep up the good work ^_^
netxshare (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 03:21:38 PM

If this somehow was able to show the GPU core temperatures next to each worker thread it would be the best gadget ever.
However something like that would have to be supported by having the mining client report the temperature to the pool and then send it back through the json interface. Would be a awesome feature though.

I could add support for gpu temp monitoring it would require the use of a DLL ( Dynamic-link library ). The code could be made open for that tho.

Awesome little widget.
I like the Pool Hash rate line (and this definitely saves me from a few f5's)
One thing that may be cool (in a vanity way) is to have a line that takes your BTC balance at a pool and multiplies it by the last mtGox (or whatever trade) sites value to give you a 'running total'.
But again, not really practical..strictly vanity.

Keep up the good work ^_^

I have plans to add something like this in.

Since we are brainstorming here.  What happens if the worker name is longer than the available width; does it wrap?  What if you have more workers than the length; does a scroll bar appear?

After the USD: ... can you list the exchange shown?

Also, I am not sure how easy this is [and not something that I care about yet, but I am about to attempt to resurrect my old rig tonight], if the user clicks on a worker, can a popup appear to the left (configurable) showing individual worker stats ... or simply link to the web page in the short term?

Just some thoughts that come to mind.

No big deal .. I really like it as it is already and you have made some great strides in a single day.  Great work!

If you have workers more then the width of the gadget it does auto wrap, but then starts to slowly scroll down then list then back to the top again. I will be replacing this with using a mouse wheel to scroll the list of workers.

so you would want it like USD: AMMOUNT - mtgoxUSD

I plan to do just that with the workers, have a flyout show up when you click on them that shows there total shares and stales, I don't think you can get the hash rate of a single worker yet.
I have some more ideas I wish to add in to that flyout ill see what I can get done today I should have a new version out.

donations: 1CWddfhXagPoWgzUCs7oVHFjwBmqbAoJRr
aahzmundus

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 04:38:30 AM

I will donate if you can add support for Eligius Smiley

Veldy

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 05:00:58 AM

BTCMine is another to consider.  They are growing and I  am surprised that they really haven't broken out by now.  Having said that, they are being very cautious.

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
Xer

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 10:30:30 AM

Id love to have the Difficulty estimate / ETA in the sidebar to (as a option for those that dont want it).
netxshare (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 03:12:11 AM

Version 0.4 - 5-6-11 - Minor Update
- Added Support for Eligius
- Moved error messages to Time Location to keep old info shown when unable to update

Use the Bitcoin Adress you use for Eligius as the API Key.

A larger update will be out in a few days with some major changes, for now I hope you enjoy this one.

jarly

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 04:25:12 AM

To get 2 different instances that are on two pools, just install a second version renamed to whatever you want.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2011, 07:21:57 AM

BTCMine is another to consider.  They are growing and I  am surprised that they really haven't broken out by now.  Having said that, they are being very cautious.

I too would like BTCmine included in this excellent gadget!

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
jkminkov

Activity: 698

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 09:59:19 AM

- Moved error messages to Time Location to keep old info shown when unable to update

A larger update will be out in a few days with some major changes, for now I hope you enjoy this one.

I have 3 workers on Eligius, that means 3 API Keys, tried running 3 instances but only last one entered is showed on all 3 gadget windows

can you add checkbox for price, I don't want to spam exchangers with useless connections Smiley

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
netxshare (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 02:48:01 PM

I will work on adding BTCmine today.

I have 3 workers on Eligius, that means 3 API Keys, tried running 3 instances but only last one entered is showed on all 3 gadget windows

can you add checkbox for price, I don't want to spam exchangers with useless connections Smiley

I am working on setting so you can display the things you wish. I will also look at setting up away to run more then one copy with different settings.

Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 02:00:43 AM

Good gadget!

I'd like to request an option to change the worker text size - my worker names are huge, and it looks bad.
frycicle

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 03:16:06 AM

This is just what I wanted! Donation sent.  Grin

Buy Newegg Products with Bitcoin with 0% transaction fee! bitcoinredemption.com
PiGames

Activity: 110

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 02:16:43 PM

I added BTCMine support to 'my' version of MinerStats.
Its custom..so it only shows what I'm interested in (Total BTC, estimated, confirmed and unconfirmed bounty, hashrate and current exchange rate) and works the same way; you need to plug in your API key from BTCMine.

If anyone wants to use it while the OP creates a new release, theyre welcome to it.
http://db.tt/GzWQ7dl <-- Dropbox

I only added support for BTCmine, everything else remains exactly the same (I added two more definitions in the CSS file b/c I like bigger GREEN text ^_^)

If theres any questions feel free to look over the source.
Rename the .gadget file to .zip than extract somewhere..everything is viewable.

Thanks again for this awesome little widget and I'm looking forward to the new release  Grin
Nythain

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 01:11:07 AM

Great work. Donated what I could and registered on the forums just to say Thanks!
djex

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 09:11:52 PM

Great gadget you've made here. The only thing I'd like to see is the ability to have multiple instances of the gadget open with each set to a different pool. For example have Deepbit and Slush open at the same time. Other than that excellent work.

Smiley  : 1LbvSEJwtQZKLSQQVYxQJes8YneQk2yhE3
ape

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 12:47:48 AM

Anyone else notice the USD exchange rate thing broke today and caused the program to use your entire system memory? It was rendering just a colon and the up arrow.
Close programs to prevent information loss
Your computer is low on memory. Save your files and close these programs:
Windows Desktop Gadgets
Windows will only close enough programs to restore needed memory.
aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 12:55:55 AM

My computer did stop mining today, i had to come home on a 15 min break to restart it... dident look at what happened just got miners up... so i may have experienced this but not sure.

EpicBacon

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 01:12:39 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2011, 04:44:53 AM by EpicBacon

Anyone else notice the USD exchange rate thing broke today and caused the program to use your entire system memory? It was rendering just a colon and the up arrow.
Close programs to prevent information loss
Your computer is low on memory. Save your files and close these programs:
Windows Desktop Gadgets
Windows will only close enough programs to restore needed memory.

I had something similar happen about 5-7 days ago.

My memory usage was really high, so I checked in task manager and sidebar.exe was using 1.6 GB

Also, sidebar.exe seems to use more memory the longer it has been running.

EDIT: over 5GB (and 10% cpu)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: