Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:04:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Quebecoin - X11 DGW - Forked! New Mac/Win/Linux Wallets!  (Read 79556 times)
FineCloakWeather

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:21:55 AM

I spoke with her a week ago about the future of QBC, obviously not very active at the moment but it is because the new dev team is unfunded and only working on the project in their spare time.

Well she never got back to me, as for funding, it is obviously not by not answering her mails that it will fall from the sky.
I am from montreal and was surprised to see it, and got questions.
Tho no-one from dev team is answering, funding, if the project is good, is not a problem usually.

Is anyone interested in bringing this coin back from the dead?

Receiving a D3 Antminer soon and will be switching them to other coins apart from Dash.

If you anyone is interested, let's pool together contact information for original dev's and reach out to them.

Will keep an eye on this thread for any replies

Did you end up mining QBC?
I had been a few months ago, only pool I know of that mines QBC:
https://aikapool.com/qbc/index.php?page=gettingstarted

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FineCloakWeather

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:42:07 AM

Hey, what will happen if you later get a surge in signature campaign participants will you then consider increasing the token allocation?

I think token allocation is set, they killed the 21 million coin premine when they relaunched.
As far as I know only 21 mil max supply, only 16 mil mined so far.

I just forwarded the block explorer stats to coinmarketcap to get an accurate supply and market cap.

We'll see.
bimtz

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:11:10 PM

I'll get some
attakiq

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:32:56 AM

Just want to point a few things

* Quebecoin has been unmanaged for almost 3 years now and is still surviving.
* In less than a year, the coin will have it's second halfing, meaning that the block reward will be 6.5 per block if i'm not mistaking, making it hard to dump.
* I personally fell connected with this coin being from Quebec myself with all the implication that cryptos can achieve technologically and politically.

I for one would like to see Marie-Lynn back taking care of this coin but for reasons beyond my knowledge she doesn't seem interested anymore.

IMHO, QBC has a great potential, just needs a few more believers Wink

Aussi, si il y'a des gens de Québec qui veulent s'impliquer pour remettre le Quebecoin sur la map, faites-moi signe.

AttakiQ
FineCloakWeather

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:01:47 PM

Just want to point a few things

* Quebecoin has been unmanaged for almost 3 years now and is still surviving.
* In less than a year, the coin will have it's second halfing, meaning that the block reward will be 6.5 per block if i'm not mistaking, making it hard to dump.
* I personally fell connected with this coin being from Quebec myself with all the implication that cryptos can achieve technologically and politically.

I for one would like to see Marie-Lynn back taking care of this coin but for reasons beyond my knowledge she doesn't seem interested anymore.

IMHO, QBC has a great potential, just needs a few more believers Wink

Aussi, si il y'a des gens de Québec qui veulent s'impliquer pour remettre le Quebecoin sur la map, faites-moi signe.

AttakiQ

I'm still in contact with Marie-Lynn. She has other priorities right now but still supports the coin.
There is a new website coming, can't give a time frame as of yet but it will provide links to wallets and mining pools as well as some basic information.
There will be a telegram page and some contact info for any new devs that want to revive the project.
lauriiii7

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:43:37 PM

If there are more people to find, I would be also take part to inhale this coin again some love and life!
I would support it in germany!
It's not more a baby it is older than the other new coins.

Do think it makes sense to buy some coins?

best greetings
FineCloakWeather

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:08:13 PM

If there are more people to find, I would be also take part to inhale this coin again some love and life!
I would support it in germany!
It's not more a baby it is older than the other new coins.

Do think it makes sense to buy some coins?

best greetings

I've picked some up. The network works fine and fast thanks to some of the miners that have kept the project alive all this time.
If you want to download the wallet there are links on the first page of this forum.
Hopefully some new devs can add some features in the future.
doc_pan

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:39:35 AM

This looks like an interesting coin - I like city focussed cryptos with both consistent histories and strong community potential. I'm keen to pick some up, but don't trust Yobit. Is there anywhere else you can pick this up?
rwfreshmore

Activity: 56
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:40:24 PM

The opportunity for Quebecoin is apparent. Quebec has the largest Hydro electric power output in the world. They are actively competing with Iceland and other low cost electricity producers to attract blockchain and crypto mining operations. Quebecoin has been around since 2013 in one form or another. They are well positioned. I would imagine that Quebec hydro (http://www.hydroquebec.com/) is going to start taking a look and increasing involvement in Quebecoin as a means to further promote the region as a potential crypto mining world HQ.

https://www.coindesk.com/quebec-lures-cryptocurrency-miners-china-sours-industry/

https://blockchain-trust.com/bitcoin/5000-mw-to-spare-ceo-of-hydro-quebec-wants-to-attract-cryptocurrency-miners/

I'm going to tell people here right now that we are likely on the precipice of a huge Quebecoin run. Stay alert and win big.
rwfreshmore

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:46:18 PM

I'm looking to purchase are fair sized lot of Quebecoin if there are any large holders here that are looking to offload.
GLaroche

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:24:29 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 02:22:22 AM by GLaroche

Hi,

Here is our Telegram.
See you there!

https://t.me/quebecoin_official

================================================================================

Bonjour,

Voici notre Telegram.
On se voit là-bas!

lawriepop33

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:07:47 AM

I'm still mining Quebecoin. Like the concept and happy to stay part of the project. My ASICs are ticking along to it just fine!
EL1G
Copper Member

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:35:52 PM

I'm still mining Quebecoin. Like the concept and happy to stay part of the project. My ASICs are ticking along to it just fine!

What wallet are you using ? ... The original wallet is out of date and not updating I have mined some coins in aikapool.com and now don't know where to put them  Undecided
rwfreshmore

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:51:28 PM

What wallet are you using ? ... The original wallet is out of date and not updating I have mined some coins in aikapool.com and now don't know where to put them  Undecided

Wallet is working great for me. Took a few hours to actually download the chain. But works great.
FineCloakWeather

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:20:52 AM

Hi,

Here is our Telegram.
See you there!

================================================================================

Bonjour,

Voici notre Telegram.
On se voit là-bas!

Hi I just noticed you had made a telegram page for Quebecoin, I and a friend are putting together a new Quebecoin website and had just made a telegram page ourselves but will add this link to the page instead if you would like to administer.
Do you have any connection to the original dev team members?
lawriepop33

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:41:53 PM

Wallet is working great for me. Took a few hours to actually download the chain. But works great.

Wallet works fine for me also. Occasionally when others mine in other directions the connection lags a bit. but it always comes good after a few hours.
EL1G
Copper Member

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:04:24 AM

Wallet works fine for me also. Occasionally when others mine in other directions the connection lags a bit. but it always comes good after a few hours.

My wallet is not working ... may be you can share a link of wallet?
FineCloakWeather

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:13:07 AM

What OS?
EL1G
Copper Member

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:33:42 PM

What OS?

Windows 10... and the wallet is Quebecoin version v0.8.6.0-beta, he has been always "No block sourse avaliable and 200 weeks behind" - Out of sync ...

P.S.
Other similar wallets works fine on that PC...
attakiq

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:34:38 AM

What OS?

Windows 10... and the wallet is Quebecoin version v0.8.6.0-beta, he has been always "No block sourse avaliable and 200 weeks behind" - Out of sync ...

P.S.
Other similar wallets works fine on that PC...

Hi there,

use the link in the announcement, the current (but dated) version is 0.8.6.1 :

Windows https://mega.co.nz/#!5cN3SaJL
Key: Iwe_XOaO1SQYTJiMxXjGipRiMMPI-vDsrFpTmig8-8Q

I got windows 10 pro 64 bits and it works fine.

Peers in case you still have no connections:

getpeerinfo

5.189.154.210:56790
162.243.107.215:56790
107.22.5.112:56790

Hope this helps
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: