Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:30:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Quebecoin - X11 DGW - Forked! New Mac/Win/Linux Wallets!  (Read 79556 times)
ghonyme

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:31:19 PM

exchange is up....

Website : http://cryptobec.com (many services for quebecoin will arrive....)
Pool : http://pool.cryptobec.com
Exchange : http://exchange.cryptobec.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
manmaxz

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 06:45:12 AM

exchange is up....

Working welll...
Thanks...  ^^
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 04:38:44 PM

Merry Christmas, everyone, and thanks for keeping faith with Quebecoin!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

snowcrawl

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:35:33 AM

What do you guys think about entering a raffle draw to win pizza?  Let's say 100 QBC per raffle ticket.  The prize could be a $25 e-gift card from Boston Pizza.  If that restaurant doesn't work for the winner, we will figure out a different option.
snowcrawl

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:42:46 AM

It is a concept that I was thinking of as a way of promoting a little more interest in using Quebecoin. 

I also wanted to point out that I have about 0.015 BTC on the exchange, in case someone wants to sell some Quebecoin at a reasonable price.
megadeth199

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 02:05:50 PM

Hello guy,
Happy new year to everybody. I wish 2015 will be better for Quebecoin Smiley
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:15:31 AM

What do you guys think about entering a raffle draw to win pizza?  Let's say 100 QBC per raffle ticket.  The prize could be a $25 e-gift card from Boston Pizza.  If that restaurant doesn't work for the winner, we will figure out a different option.

Well 25$ is worth between 27043 to 69204 QBC right now. Hard to say how many would participate in the raffle and therefor hard to guess entry cost. I'll participate for sure Wink.

Happy new years to everyone. Better or worst, all we can do is "hang on" right now. It's crazy how calm everything is even for the "older" coins. I mean other coins that have somewhat a solid goal like Reddcoin and Vertcoin aren't seeing nearly as much action / interest has they used to. But I've heard this isn't the first time such a decline happens. As I said somewhere else; it's almost like not just the value is volatile, but also the "user's" interest.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:01:08 PM

As a big fan of Vertcoin (ASIC resistant), I'm curious to see what you guys think of ASIC and how it will likely change QBC. I haven't followed this closely, but I know there's been claims that X11 FPGA already existed (months ago) and that ASIC were coming.

The moment X11 ASICS are available, it will render GPU mining kind of irrelevant… QBC was only rarely “profitable” to mine. On one side ASIC are more efficient which means we would be wasting less energy mining QBC… But on the other side it will take away the easy access to QBC mining. I mean… it would be hypocrite to try and convince anyone to mine QBC with their workstation when there’s ASIC out there doing it X times more efficiently. Then trying to convince people to buy a box that servers no other purpose than mining QBC wont be no easy task either.

Knowing that none made the decision to go with X11, I’m curious to see what everyone thinks.
snowcrawl

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:07:43 PM

Either way, I think we've reached a point where it will be a significant challenge to attract people to Quebecoin.  At least for the time being.  The overall downturn of cryptocurrency from 2014 to present must be having a negative impact on people's confidence and belief in this technology.

The other day I sent a payment of about $16 in BTC to purchase a gift card.  The transaction ended up failing, and my bitcoins disappeared.
What if I would have been sending a couple hundred dollars or more and all of it disappears?  I might be able to retrieve it by installing a copy of the key into a wallet on another computer, but what if the same happens to someone who is not very tech savy who are just learning about bitcoin.  They will probably become completely discouraged.  There are definitely security issues that need to be addressed.

Yesterday I made small BTC deposit to my cryptobec account, which hasn't been credited to my account.  A bug perhaps?

Here is the transaction:

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/e54826bbffdd793d6b7d3ccc37f43e58fd29b089a5a7833d01d4a6d3243d196c
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 06:02:36 PM

Either way, I think we've reached a point where it will be a significant challenge to attract people to Quebecoin.  At least for the time being.  The overall downturn of cryptocurrency from 2014 to present must be having a negative impact on people's confidence and belief in this technology.

In the ends it's not clear what QBC goal is. Some thought we should compete with BTC at being a currency, some believe more into the "this is an experiment". In the end there's going to be 21,000,000 share from a project that aimed at bringing Quebecers together in the crypto world.

I don't know when you "entered" crypto... But I entered at the worst possible time ever, during the last peak. I've heard a lot of people claim that what's happening right now(down trend, bad press and etc) isn't the first time it happens. I believe it's a bit different since there's more people, more enterprise and many more project involved.

QBC value hasn't really moved in this whole downtrend. Which is kinda fun to think of lol. We've remained around 150 Satoshi for the past months.

As for your transaction issue, I'd ask around the BTC threads... This doesn't seems normal at all and never happened to me in the past year. Be careful cause there's no way your transaction should fail like this. It sounds like you're having security issues.
snowcrawl

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:17:01 PM

I don't know when you "entered" crypto... But I entered at the worst possible time ever, during the last peak. I've heard a lot of people claim that what's happening right now(down trend, bad press and etc) isn't the first time it happens. I believe it's a bit different since there's more people, more enterprise and many more project involved.

I think we entered around the same period.  I first tried out bitcoin mining around Halloween 2013, with one of those short ebay mining contracts.  At that time 1GH was able to mine nearly 0.01 BTC per week.  I lost that first 0.01 BTC by storing it in an online wallet that got hacked.  Much easier to make an interesting return back then, coupled with the rise in value of bitcoin towards $1000, and it is understandable how we got hooked.  

Here is where it started for me:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Week-Contract-Bitcoin-Miner-1000-Mh-s-1-Gh-s-ASIC-Mining-168-Hours-001-BTC-/271307049105?

As for your transaction issue, I'd ask around the BTC threads... This doesn't seems normal at all and never happened to me in the past year. Be careful cause there's no way your transaction should fail like this. It sounds like you're having security issues.

There was an old multibit wallet on another laptop, my original bitcoin wallet, which appeared to be corrupted.  It was no longer recognizing the password.  So I copied the key and installed it onto my newer computer.  To my surprise, after resetting the blockchain, there was about $15 in bitcoin that had not been there before when that wallet had been on the old machine.  Not sure if that might have something to do with the problem I encountered.  At any rate, I was able to send a small amount today successfully.  
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:20:42 PM

I think we entered around the same period.  I first tried out bitcoin mining around Halloween 2013.

I first tried mining LTC for the first time around November 27. So it's our first ride through some rough Tongue.

Still curious to see what people thinks of X11 ASIC vs. QBC.
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:23:07 PM

sacre bleu  Grin

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 11:47:09 PM

sacre bleu  Grin

Yep, still tickin' along. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 03:24:00 PM

sacre bleu  Grin

If Nyan coin is still ticking, it would be hard to believe that QBC would just disappear lol.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 05:52:38 PM

sacre bleu  Grin

If Nyan coin is still ticking, it would be hard to believe that QBC would just disappear lol.

Have you noticed that a lot of the altcoin scene is being beaten down to hobbyists - people who stick around because they're interested in the technology? Optimistically, that's a blessing in disguise: people who pick up an alt because they like the alt stick around.

Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:54:55 AM

sacre bleu  Grin

Have you noticed that a lot of the altcoin scene is being beaten down to hobbyists - people who stick around because they're interested in the technology? Optimistically, that's a blessing in disguise: people who pick up an alt because they like the alt stick around.

Yep, that's why I believe that every alt-coin will have their collector/trader. There's too many competitor trying to do the same thing (being a currency).
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 03:37:57 PM

Yep, that's why I believe that every alt-coin will have their collector/trader. There's too many competitor trying to do the same thing (being a currency).

I wonder if it'll be easier to low-level evangelize now. "Join because it's fun!"

Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:24:35 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2015, 01:28:08 PM by Lemayilleur

I wonder if it'll be easier to low-level evangelize now. "Join because it's fun!"

I don't know, but I have a feeling not. I'm starting to worry that by the time QBC might have a chance to see new user influx, it's distribution will be so imbalanced, that any "FUDer" will be able to use that as an argument and easily steer the development of ideas. I've been vocal about the fact that I am gathering lots of QBC with the goal to redistribute them in the years ahead. I'm nearing 400,000 QBC for this now. But there's almost 4 million QBC in circulation too... and only a few enthusiast.

As it stands today, I think that too many people interested in Crypto took the plunge because they saw potential profit - not because they're interested in the idea of a decentralised project/experiment.

If we could find a way to actually make the distribution fun, then we might be onto something. I mean - I find it cool to fiddle around with Sgminer and try to achieve the best Kilo Hashes per Seconds with my gaming workstation - But Joe doesn't - he actually can't stand it when it "doesn't work".
megadeth199

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:43:15 PM

Hello,
What's happening with the exchange ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: