Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:03:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best PoS coin to invest in?  (Read 6920 times)
joe 90

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:34:01 PM

Because we talk about Nxt, here is a quick update about the Nxt MultyGateWay and the Nxt DigitalGoodStore.

The MGW is an exchange included in the Nxt client, it use the blockchain to secure coins and transactions. It is the safest existing way of trading altcoins.
The main features are :

- much less centralised than normal exchanges : the only "centralized" part is when you create an address because it send a request to 3 separate servers that will cut the privatekey in 3 parts (one part on each server) and keep it for you (so the client cannot be targeted), all the rest is decentralized on the Nxt blockchain.
- Very flexible : you can exchange any coin on it to any other coin. This is not something that other exchanges usually do.
- extremely LOW fees : the fees are 1 NXT to put an order of any amount. The higher the amount, the lower the fees are in percentage.
- Open to any coin that wants to put in the work

The DGS is a store included in he Nxt client that aim to be the equivalent of eBay but open and decentralized.
The main features are :

- Everyone can open their own "shop" on the blockchain
- low fees
- VERY attractive to independent musicians and game designers

More info on the Nxt forum : https://nxtforum.org

If a game designer sells a game in the DGS, does he just sell a key, or the whole file that contains the game? I can not see how you can store giant game setup files on a blockchain without the blockchain becoming too big to handle.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1121

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:39:52 AM

You know how to sell. Wink

I know.

Because we talk about Nxt, here is a quick update about the Nxt MultyGateWay and the Nxt DigitalGoodStore.
The MGW is an exchange included in the Nxt client, it use the blockchain to secure coins and transactions. It is the safest existing way of trading altcoins.
The main features are :
- much less centralised than normal exchanges : the only "centralized" part is when you create an address because it send a request to 3 separate servers that will cut the privatekey in 3 parts (one part on each server) and keep it for you (so the client cannot be targeted), all the rest is decentralized on the Nxt blockchain.
- Very flexible : you can exchange any coin on it to any other coin. This is not something that other exchanges usually do.
- extremely LOW fees : the fees are 1 NXT to put an order of any amount. The higher the amount, the lower the fees are in percentage.
- Open to any coin that wants to put in the work
The DGS is a store included in he Nxt client that aim to be the equivalent of eBay but open and decentralized.
The main features are :
- Everyone can open their own "shop" on the blockchain
- low fees
- VERY attractive to independent musicians and game designers
More info on the Nxt forum : https://nxtforum.org
If a game designer sells a game in the DGS, does he just sell a key, or the whole file that contains the game? I can not see how you can store giant game setup files on a blockchain without the blockchain becoming too big to handle.

That mean that the value of 1 NXT would be much much higher. A increase of the blockchain size would be negligible in this scenario because the face of Nxt would be totally different : more money, more developers, more investors, more innovations, ...

newuser01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:43:01 AM

The coin with the greatest success in the long term is Cloakcoin

what the actual fuck??

Cloakcoin has been out for less than a month

Is that what you call long term?

mind = blown

I would call that going full retard - and you never go full retard.

He meant it will have success in the long-term, not that it has had success since a long time.

Then he is wrong

I'm not much for PoS coins but I'll just put this out there
http://www.reddit.com/r/reddCoin/comments/2c9mvm/reddcoin_products_and_services_coming_in_august/

That may very well be a coin to look out for..
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:37:11 PM

I am surprised nobody has mentioned Tekcoin. This coin pays 40% interest every month! It beats the hell out of peercoin and nextcoin

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 07:48:38 PM

I am surprised nobody has mentioned Tekcoin. This coin pays 40% interest every month! It beats the hell out of peercoin and nextcoin
Exactly how is that any good? Insane inflation levels that make the rich richer?
Such % is nonsense, even 40% interest every year is crazy.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:38:59 PM

PreminePlus (PMP), which is an improvement on the original concept of Premine (PMC).

I've been involved with both coins from the start. Actively helping the community. So far, I've mainly been involved with the distribution of PMP. Users were able to register to receive a stake of PMP, and then we used an automated system to distribute the coins. The distribution has been very fair, and as a pure POS coin, the only way to get in is to participate in the next giveaway, or as an award for bounties. PMC can also be burned for PMP, so those involved with the original coin don't lose out.

It's major advantages right now are that it's not getting a great deal of attention, and we're not currently pushing to be on any exchanges. That means people aren't dumping their coins driving down the price, but staking and gaining interest, which is exactly how POS currency should be. You haven't got anything to lose by holding a stake, which is why I like these distribution methods. PMP also has the advantage of learning from all the lessons from its predecessor, making the distribution a lot more egalitarian.

The best? Well, that would be far too presumptuous of me. But not many people are paying it any attention, because it's not on any exchanges yet. When it is though, I would expect it to get noticed.

You also have a dev who is not a new account who has mysteriously appeared out of no where, as many new coins are.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
PeterFromCA

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:13:02 PM

Mintcoin, the best!
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

Bass Player

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:45:21 PM

CAPTcoin

CAPT   http://captcoin.com

Reward halving very soon.

Very unusual method for 'mining'....

TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:33:12 PM

Bitshares is good but is overpriced right now.

NXT might double its value, but still a bit risky.

NEM will soar once it is released.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
jjwhitehead

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:37:03 PM

SSD
Get it while it's cheap. Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=730844.0
thundertoe
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:39:54 PM

Exactly how is that any good? Insane inflation levels that make the rich richer?
Such % is nonsense, even 40% interest every year is crazy.

there is very little pow, and after a year there are under 2 million minted, also pos is paid equal % to rich and poor so everyone gets richer at the same rate.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 10:42:52 PM

there is very little pow, and after a year there are under 2 million minted, also pos is paid equal % to rich and poor so everyone gets richer at the same rate.
That doesn't make much sense.
The percentage is the same but the rich get richer!
Person A: Holds 100,000 coins -> 40% -> 40,000
Person B: Holds 1,000 coins -> 40% -> 400
or am I wrong here?

At least the basic supply is small.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:14:34 AM

or am I wrong here?

Total supply : 1,000,000 -> 40% -> 1,400,000

Person A: Holds 100,000 coins -> 40% -> 140,000
From 10% to 10 %
Person B: Holds 1,000 coins -> 40% -> 1,400
From 1% to 1%

The same.

so everyone gets richer at the same rate.

No. No one get any richer.
If you hold 10%, you still hold 10% after inflation.
The inflation reduce the value of the coin proportionally.
You get 10% more coins but coins are worth 10% less.

The same.

Minting is retarded but it works : some people really believe they get richer from inflation.
That's why central banks use massive inflation.
Justine

Activity: 169

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:43:35 AM

Ethereum manages to raise a lot of btc for the project. So, the consensus is they will be the best PoS coin in the future.
dgex_victim

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:06:52 PM

or am I wrong here?

From 10% to 10 %
From 1% to 1%

The same.

so everyone gets richer at the same rate.

No. No one get any richer.
If you hold 10%, you still hold 10% after inflation.
The inflation reduce the value of the coin proportionally.
You get 10% more coins but coins are worth 10% less.

The same.

Minting is retarded but it works : some people really believe they get richer from inflation.

If the number of people using the coin increases (demand goes up to match that), then the same percentage of coins (or even less) can make you richer .. you got more of something that's worth the same, or higher, in real terms.

Population is always increasing. Then there's timing effects. Money is a flow, not a stock, and inflation doesn't always happen evenly, and all at the same time, so prices changes don't always correlate perfectly with money supply changes. Too naive to say inflation doesn't make people rich, but it's easy for people to say it all the time. 2-3% inflation is making SOME people richer
fakeshadow

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:31:03 PM

Ethereum manages to raise a lot of btc for the project. So, the consensus is they will be the best PoS coin in the future.

isn't eth using PoW?
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:39:24 PM

If the number of people using the coin increases (demand goes up to match that), then the same percentage of coins (or even less) can make you richer .. you got more of something that's worth the same, or higher, in real terms.
Population is always increasing. Then there's timing effects. Money is a flow, not a stock, and inflation doesn't always happen evenly, and all at the same time, so prices changes don't always correlate perfectly with money supply changes. Too naive to say inflation doesn't make people rich, but it's easy for people to say it all the time. 2-3% inflation is making SOME people richer

I was giving a mathematical explanation that was right mathematically.

I know of course that inflation is the reason of the world inequities.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 03:56:38 PM

From 10% to 10 %
From 1% to 1%

The same.

Well, the price doesn't necessarily have to go down.
Person A: 40 000 Bitcoin earned from stake -> 20 000 000$ (assuming $500 per btc - unless inflation killed it along the way)
Person B: 400 Bitcoin from stake -> 200 000$  (I'm taking Bitcoin as an example; obviously bitcoin is not POS)
How isn't this making the rich richer?The percentage of their holdings remains the same indeed. (I didn't even think of that)

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:56:13 PM

I am loading up
dadugan

Activity: 179

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:58:31 PM

BitSharesX is making huge gain today. And went up when just about every coin is going down.

40-50M market cap gain in one day make it the best PoS coin of the year so far.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: