Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:42:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MPEx securities discussion thread  (Read 11997 times)
RagnarDanneskjold

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:31:31 AM

It doesn't seem worth debating further as your argument is clearly emotional, irrational heresay.  

I asked if you could demonstrate a shred of evidence to support your claims of mpex impropriety.

git  |  | ID
'Bitcoin is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage’s whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Bitcoin is the process of setting man free from men'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RagnarDanneskjold

Activity: 144

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:45:29 AM

AM has been failing spectacularly since its listing on Havelock.  Like so:

Those charts are listed in btc -which has obviously endured a meteoric rise over the last few years..so ANY btc priced asset will display downward trend as its valuation adjusts to fiat market prices...unless the security were to have some impossible trajectory exceeding bitcoin's surge in value..which is quite unlikely.

If you wish to understand actual valuations  for stocks listed in btc, you need to do a bit of calculus.

git  |  | ID
'Bitcoin is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage’s whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Bitcoin is the process of setting man free from men'
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:46:51 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 07:29:48 AM by jimmothy

It doesn't seem worth debating further as your argument is clearly emotional, irrational heresay.  

I asked if you could demonstrate a shred of evidence to support your claims of mpex impropriety.

Or is it because you have nothing to say? I honestly want to know what makes you think it's a good idea to use mpex.

I don't need to demonstrate my claims of impropriety because you are perfectly capable of visiting trilema.com yourself.

Mpex is just a really complicated game mircea invented so he can convince people who lack any knowledge of real world finance to fork over their money. And it's clearly paid off.

Those charts are listed in btc -which has obviously endured a meteoric rise over the last few years..so ANY btc priced asset will display downward trend as its valuation adjusts to fiat market prices...unless the security were to have some impossible trajectory exceeding bitcoin's surge in value..which is quite unlikely.

You mean like how mpex increased in value when revenue decreased and the value of btc increased?

Every bitcoin stock took a hit due to bitcoins surge in value besides any stock listed on mpex.

Mpex is one of those things that when it all goes to shit and mircea packs up his bags to go live on some tropical island, everyone who "invested" will be surprised that their money is all gone but everyone else will just say no shit.
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:53:38 AM

What happened to S.Minigame
Think it has updates on trilema but curious about it now. Eulora is still progressing etc.

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:35:27 AM

AM has been failing spectacularly since its listing on Havelock.  Like so:

If you wish to understand actual valuations  for stocks listed in btc, you need to do a bit of calculus.

BTC is the unit of account.  If you feel it is unlikely for any security to keep pace with this "meteoric rise," the obvious choice is keeping your coin in a paper wallet.
It's idiotic to invest 10 BTC, expecting to get back only 1.  Just like it's idiotic to invest $10 to get back $1.  Regardless of dollar/btc rate.

Re. "meteoric rise":

A pictorial representation, YTD Smiley
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:57:49 PM

AM has been failing spectacularly since its listing on Havelock.  Like so:

If you wish to understand actual valuations  for stocks listed in btc, you need to do a bit of calculus.

You don't need to do calculus to know that more btc it better than less btc. If you bought the stock for 1 btc when the price was $300, and sold it for .5 when the price was $1k, you made $200, but it was a bad decision because you could have made $800 by literally doing nothing.
pummle (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Bleating sense into the world

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:14:52 PM

But even asicminer is not valued anywhere near s.mpoe. Even though AM has given out more than 10 times as much btc from dividends, it is still valued 1/10th that of s.mpoe.

AM's best days are behind it, s.mpoe has a potential for huge future growth. As they say, past performance does not guarantee future success.

Trade bitcoin stocks, funds, and futures with the MPEx broker: CoinBR.com

The best place for bitcoin betting: BitBet.us
jimmothy

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:01:53 PM

AM's best days are behind it, s.mpoe has a potential for huge future growth. As they say, past performance does not guarantee future success.

Why does AM have less potential for growth? As time goes on and bitcoin becomes more valuable both companies should depreciate in value.

If mpex has so much potential then why has only 1 company ever listed on the exchange since its inception more than 2 years ago? (excluding companies mircea owns)

How can mpex be "valued" at ~1/10th of all bitcoins in circulation when practically nobody uses the exchange?

AM is valued at ~60k btc because that is what people think the company might return in dividends in its lifetime and it's not too unreasonable (AM would only have to mine 0.7% of the remaining 8m btc)

Mpoe is valued at 800k btc because without a continuously increasing value, it would be impossible to convinced people to jump in the quicksand.

I don't think anyone (outside the cult of bitcoin-assets) believes that mpex will touch 800k individual bitcoins let alone profit that much.

If mircea opened a lemonade stand and sold 5 cups of lemonade for $2.50 then his lemonade company would be worth several thousand according to mpex investor logic.
pummle (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Bleating sense into the world

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:00:02 AM

Why does AM have less potential for growth? As time goes on and bitcoin becomes more valuable both companies should depreciate in value.

If mpex has so much potential then why has only 1 company ever listed on the exchange since its inception more than 2 years ago? (excluding companies mircea owns)

How can mpex be "valued" at ~1/10th of all bitcoins in circulation when practically nobody uses the exchange?

AM is valued at ~60k btc because that is what people think the company might return in dividends in its lifetime and it's not too unreasonable (AM would only have to mine 0.7% of the remaining 8m btc)

Mpoe is valued at 800k btc because without a continuously increasing value, it would be impossible to convinced people to jump in the quicksand.

I don't think anyone (outside the cult of bitcoin-assets) believes that mpex will touch 800k individual bitcoins let alone profit that much.

If mircea opened a lemonade stand and sold 5 cups of lemonade for $2.50 then his lemonade company would be worth several thousand according to mpex investor logic.

AsicMiner was lucky to be basically the first company to produce a working ASIC. But now there are many more people in the market and they just can't repeat the success they had before. Do they even give out dividends anymore?

On the one hand you are focusing way too much on dividend, you should be looking at earnings instead, and on the other hand mining will yield more than 8m btc in the future (due to fees). Overall, the estimate is that mining rewards will go down in the future, while there is no such restriction for trading fees.

Based on historical examples, MP's lemonade stand would raise several thousand. In your example, it would then sell 5 cups of lemonade for $2.50. And then it would be worth several thousand (plus $12.50 - whatever ingredients cost), because it would still have several thousand bitcoins on hand.

Trade bitcoin stocks, funds, and futures with the MPEx broker: CoinBR.com

The best place for bitcoin betting: BitBet.us
jimmothy

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:22:52 AM

AsicMiner was lucky to be basically the first company to produce a working ASIC. But now there are many more people in the market and they just can't repeat the success they had before.

Why can MPOE repeat the success it had when bitcoin was worth $5 a piece?

There have been hundreds of new bitcoin companies in the two years and many of them have publicly traded stocks/IPOs.

Why do people think MPEX has potential when literally nobody wants to list their company on the exchange?

On the one hand you are focusing way too much on dividend, you should be looking at earnings instead, and on the other hand mining will yield more than 8m btc in the future (due to fees). Overall, the estimate is that mining rewards will go down in the future, while there is no such restriction for trading fees.

There is no "restriction" on transaction fees either. Theoretically asicminer could end up with every single bitcoin in existence if they mine all the new ones and earn all the other btc from sales/transaction fees.

Why does AM have less potential when they are currently pumping out massive amounts of hardware?

Compare that to MPEX which currently has ~10btc worth of trading volume per month (excluding s.mpoe manipulation/inflation), has zero non-MP-owned companies, and a dysfunctional/insecure exchange which has been offline for weeks now.

Could you imagine if the NYSE or NASDAQ went offline for weeks? I guess it wouldn't really matter if they had no stocks and less than $6,000 trading volume per month.

Based on historical examples, MP's lemonade stand would raise several thousand. In your example, it would then sell 5 cups of lemonade for $2.50. And then it would be worth several thousand (plus $12.50 - whatever ingredients cost), because it would still have several thousand bitcoins on hand.

MPOE raised 30,000 btc during IPO when btc was $5 each and gave out ~30k btc in divs for a total of 60K btc. How does touching 60k btc translate to a company worth 800k?

A better example would be if MP opened a lemonade stand, raised 20 bucks for supplies and sold 5 bucks worth of lemonade, 10 bucks worth of ice, 5 bucks from cup fees, and is now worth several thousand because technically he could sell 10 cups of lemonade to every lemonade drinker in the world some time in the future.

And now he has convinced people that his lemonade stand is sure to blossom in to a lemonade empire and that the worst thing anyone could do with their money is not giving it to him.
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:13:37 AM

Dear Mr Mothy, or may I call you Jim?

I am very grateful to you for displaying your stupidity in such an open fashion. It is terribly comforting to know that the one detractor here is nearly as stupid as me.

Now could you explain to me please why you don't read the logs? All your answers are there, after all. Or, wait, are you pretending not to read them?

Oh, as I write, it all becomes clear. You know full well that the stock exchange has been back up for ages and you've been buying and/or selling like billy-o, all the time trying to keep forumites away.

Cunning, if cutthroat.

And blaming Mr Popescu for the massive volume would be all just you covering your very considerable tracks.

Well, gosh, please forgive me; you're rapidly becoming my new bitlord, and the Goldman Sachs of this world who send sell signals but buy behind others' backs, well, they could truly learn from your good self.

I remain, in awe

jimmothy

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:46:19 AM

Now could you explain to me please why you don't read the logs? All your answers are there, after all. Or, wait, are you pretending not to read them?

Oh, as I write, it all becomes clear. You know full well that the stock exchange has been back up for ages and you've been buying and/or selling like billy-o, all the time trying to keep forumites away.

What are these logs you speak of and what does it answer?

But you're right, this "stock exchange" which no company has considered using since its birth is totally worth 1/10th of all bitcoins.

It's only a matter of time before mpex is "valued" more than all bitcoins combined.
railzand

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:58:09 AM

What are these logs you speak of and what does it answer?

But you're right, this "stock exchange" which no company has considered using since its birth is totally worth 1/10th of all bitcoins.

It's only a matter of time before mpex is "valued" more than all bitcoins combined.

No, you're quite right. Let's pretend I was talking about Phinnaeus' barn logs; and war of life - shh. No facts should be publicised lest they interfere with your stategies. Wink

jimmothy

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:03:56 AM

I honestly want to know what "facts" your talking about.

Also if you could include a source with your witty response that would be nice.
railzand

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:20:52 AM

It's War of Life, Jim, but not as we know it.  Wink

Atruk

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:07:45 AM

It's War of Life, Jim, but not as we know it.  Wink

Love that game.

jiefangqian

Activity: 229

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:36:12 AM

Think it has updates on trilema but curious about it now. Eulora is still progressing etc.

Hope for an early release

XBC:B7jR5zX8pBpyjyrcMMiYCQyLVLC6YZjFYh
EternalWingsofGod

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:31:14 AM

Hope for an early release

That's good news
Will have something to play with soon then  Wink
Hopefully if it is early

Draino

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:46:19 PM

gosh, i thought this post would have a dozen pages from notlambchop shitting all over how scammy MPEX's hosted offerings were
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:41:54 PM

For the Nth time: 

1.  I know nothing of MPEx beyond the fact that it has a self-imposed 30BTC barrier to entry.  Those who can afford to spend that amount just for a seat at the table either know what they are doing, or have an extremely well-defended psychosis, one I'd be unlikely to alter.

2.  I also do not comment on CriptoTrade, CryptoStocks, MexTexBits, assrape.me and many other "exchanges."
Ain't nobody got time for dat.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: