Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:16:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NAMECOIN 2.O + IPO [ICANNDY]  (Read 12993 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:12:19 AM

1. escrow released in stages when the community sees what it is for.
2. your real ID

otherwise no chance.

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinnpe (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

DumBlinDeaf

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:32:33 AM

1. escrow released in stages when the community sees what it is for.
2. your real ID

otherwise no chance.

1) We got no problem with escrow (thing is, why pay an arbitration fee?)
2) Our real ID will only be revealed to the shareholder, that will also have to reveal their real ID to us.

I'm actually I little shocked that people are so distrusfull. Worst things that could happen is:
- An investor loose 100 euros
- We are so DUMB to scam people and go to jail (the going to jail part is good btw)
- We are less successful than Icann & Namecoin

The best thing that can happen:
- We have a network on which people can register domains for dirtcheap
- Investors get money whenever somebody buys a product
- We are more successful than Icann & Namecoin
thelibertycap

Activity: 211

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:26:21 AM

namecoin .bit is barely being used, and not because there is anything technically wrong with it, so this 2.0 thing you are trying to do has close to zero viability to become a widely used DNS alternative
pinnpe (OP)

DumBlinDeaf

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:45:06 PM

namecoin .bit is barely being used, and not because there is anything technically wrong with it, so this 2.0 thing you are trying to do has close to zero viability to become a widely used DNS alternative

You're probably right what you say about Namecoin
But their main problem is that .bit just don't show up in browsers without fuss (funny enough there is still not a clear video showing ordinary people how to get a website up and running)

Our solution comes with a browser in which you can view your websites and we will also offer TLD.
If you think there is no market for TLDs then maybe you should look at the prices that Icann charge
for them. We can/might/will probably offer .com as well but for far cheaper (0,01) and much longer (10 years).

We are not looking to serve the rich and spoiled people now allready on the internet, there is a bigger market out there. Of people who don't have 10euros for a domain or 500 euros for an SSL.

And besides all that, our operating cost is ZERO
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:30:47 PM

Bitshares DNS is the new rival to Namecoin.

AliceWonder

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:33:09 PM

.bit though does work for ordinary people who use http://www.opennicproject.org/

I set my home router to use OpenNic and instantly every computing device in my house was able to resolve .bit domains.

Namecoin doesn't widely advertise that because it isn't as secure to trust the opennic DNS servers. But OpenNic is the solution for everyday users.

If you do start this project, hopefully you talk with them to get your TLD to resolve through their project because it makes things easier.

I think the biggest issue for me with trust is the premine.

If you did the premine such that the coins would be distributed back to you slowly over time and that was in the code, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But there have been too many cases where the purpose of a premine is to pump the price and dump the premine for BTC.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
pinnpe (OP)

DumBlinDeaf

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:32:41 PM

Bitshares DNS is the new rival to Namecoin.

Oooh ok.

.bit though does work for ordinary people who use http://www.opennicproject.org/

I set my home router to use OpenNic and instantly every computing device in my house was able to resolve .bit domains.

Namecoin doesn't widely advertise that because it isn't as secure to trust the opennic DNS servers. But OpenNic is the solution for everyday users.

If you do start this project, hopefully you talk with them to get your TLD to resolve through their project because it makes things easier.

I think the biggest issue for me with trust is the premine.

If you did the premine such that the coins would be distributed back to you slowly over time and that was in the code, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But there have been too many cases where the purpose of a premine is to pump the price and dump the premine for BTC.

Wow thanks for sharing AliceWonder I never knew that.

I'll keep it in mind to talk to them, but that will be when Maidsafe is up and running and they got their servers running on Maidsafe. Maybe you didn't know about this project yet: https://www.outernet.is/

I just felt like sharing it....

I DON'T PUMP AND DUMP ANYTHING (I HATE THAT IDIOTIC SHIT). If I can't give somebody something of value I won't even bother.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:44:34 PM

This one would be better than what you offer: http://dotp2p.io

+1  Wink

https://www.outernet.is/

Wow! thats amazing
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:50:06 PM

lol uses an image of text so that he can change it later?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

pinnpe (OP)

DumBlinDeaf

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:06:51 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 08:44:41 AM by pinnpe

Hi Mis069 I agree that Outernet is mindblowing and amazing

Could you explain why dotp2p would be a better offer, because
- We offer shareholders equity
- We offer TLD
- We offer a wallet with 2FA and browser builtin
- With our solution people can register domains for a guaranteed price and for a decade
- Users can set a price for their domain, let other bid on it and when they got paid the other party receives the domain

I'll give a few examples:
P2P got price fixing which means that the price of an domain is auctioned (so it can be everything).
When you register your domain with us you got a guaranteed price that you pay for it 0,02euros. Beside the guaranteed price, you can let people bid on your domain on a marketplace FOR FREE.

P2P eliminates domain squatting by letting users speculate on the value of the namespace.
We eliminate domain squatting, by linking namespaces to the existing internet and by listing them according to popularity
If you want to register AMAZON with us, we first look at which AMAZON.WHATEVER is the most popular
In this case that is AMAZON.COM, AMAZON.NET might be #2 and AMAZON.ORG might be #3 on this list that's determined by the internet
If you own AMAZON.COM all you have to do is place a token in your domains root folder which communicates with the client on your desktop. It will just take a minute and you can register AMAZON.
If your not in possession of one of the AMAZON.WHATEVER you can't register AMAZON yet
So basically you got to register an AMAZON.WHATEVER on the existing internet, after that you did that you can ask AMAZON.COM to relinquish their position. If they relinquish their position on the list to you, then you become #1 on this list of popularity and you can register AMAZON.
We realise that their is a possibility that AMAZON.COM doesn't even respond to your message and totally ignore you, but still unfortunately you have to wait for 9 months because this is the time they have to register AMAZON in our domain sphere. (The waiting periode can be changed, by users request)
If after the 9 months they still didn't register AMAZON, then you become the owner if you where the first one who took action to register the domain.

These are really big differences that we got compare to P2P, not that we are talking them down. But we feel like our way of guaranteeing a registration price won't get you paying costly just to register an domain. Also by tapping into the existing internet we prevent domain squatting, P2P fight this with a high price tag. With their DNS you might even pay more for your domain than you really did before the dotcom bubble, even worse somebody can just take your namespace if they offer more money.

I know that i've said a lot but can you please clairify what makes P2P better?

lol uses an image of text so that he can change it later?

For your information text can also be changed later LOL
pinnpe (OP)

DumBlinDeaf

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:57:22 AM

digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 12:52:19 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-id-verification-streamlined-jumios-bison/

^^^

That , my friend is a dead non starter outside police states such as the USSA , and a few others UK etc.

also the first thing i thought about upon seeing your text as an image was  "hard to Forum cache"  - " Can change or delete image later."

also its an IPO - although you seem to be offering shares in a product, and you seem to be taking payment in Euro? so,  in that respect its not the scam circle jerk IPO we have seen repeated here time and again.

but still the "image text" isn't a confidence builder, ya know what i'm sayn .....

so in summary:

this is effectively "buying shares in a product on the INTERNET from people that posted the text about that product as a huge image file..."

^^^^

that's where you are now, just informing not judging..

**p.s cool name though !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
pinnpe (OP)

DumBlinDeaf

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:29:42 PM

"buying shares in a product on the INTERNET from people that posted the text about that product as a huge image file..." [/b][/i]

**p.s cool name though !

THE TEXT AS IMAGE:
The reason why I posted an image, is because I just wanted the text to be BIG and READABLE and DRAW
the ATTENTION, even more I just didn't know how to make the text THAT SIZE with this forums editor.
We didn't realize that something so small would matter.

I don't really try to sound negative, but we got little to no feedback about the product that we plan to offer. ICANNDY is a big difference
from what is being offered now. 2 people said that http://dotp2p.io is better, but they don't really explain WHY?

To give an impression what ICANNDY is planning to offer
-  .icy domains & gTLD (I assume that P2P's idea is to only offer .p2p domains)
- A guranteed domain registration price (0,02 euros) (P2P has an domain auction, so you could pay more) (True our gTLD enterprise account will be a different price)
- A Proof Of Domain Ownership, which totally eliminates domain name squatting (P2P has an domain auction, if somebody pays more they get your domain)
- You pay 0,02 euros for an 10 year registration and your auto-renewal box is checked by default (With P2P we bet you, you'll pay more and maybe even for less time)

INVESTORS
- gTLD domains don't come cheap so every time we sell them you'll make money, matter of fact HERE you got a beautiful list with the ICANN prices.
- Just a 100 euros for a life time of returns is not a bad deal
- It will be decentralized so nobody can shut it down

spacelab

Activity: 528
Merit: 250

Nominex support

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 04:01:33 PM

+1  Wink

Wow! thats amazing

Actually, this is not amazing. Probably the worst fucking idea, ever. Ok lets just litter our atmosphere with thousands of cubesats that have a lifespan of 3-5 years - and at the same time, only have one way communication [NOT INTERNET ACTUALLY, THE ONLY THING THIS SYSTEM WOULD BE USEFUL FOR IS DISTRESS/ALERT MESSAGING FOR REMOTE AREAS; IE ITS LIMITED TO BROADCASTING RADIO/TV - between satellites moving in orbit!!! talk about latency spikes!

jesus fucking christ, global information systems - two way communication [ie internet] can be put in place - on the ground - for cheaper than $17 billion
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 06:41:45 PM

+1  Wink

Wow! thats amazing

Actually, this is not amazing. Probably the worst fucking idea, ever. Ok lets just litter our atmosphere with thousands of cubesats that have a lifespan of 3-5 years - and at the same time, only have one way communication [NOT INTERNET ACTUALLY, THE ONLY THING THIS SYSTEM WOULD BE USEFUL FOR IS DISTRESS/ALERT MESSAGING FOR REMOTE AREAS; IE ITS LIMITED TO BROADCASTING RADIO/TV - between satellites moving in orbit!!! talk about latency spikes!

jesus fucking christ, global information systems - two way communication [ie internet] can be put in place - on the ground - for cheaper than $17 billion

oh ah ha ha the outer-net  lol

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 06:46:54 PM

"buying shares in a product on the INTERNET from people that posted the text about that product as a huge image file..." [/b][/i]

**p.s cool name though !

THE TEXT AS IMAGE:
The reason why I posted an image, is because I just wanted the text to be BIG and READABLE and DRAW
the ATTENTION, even more I just didn't know how to make the text THAT SIZE with this forums editor.
We didn't realize that something so small would matter.

I don't really try to sound negative, but we got little to no feedback about the product that we plan to offer. ICANNDY is a big difference
from what is being offered now. 2 people said that http://dotp2p.io is better, but they don't really explain WHY?

To give an impression what ICANNDY is planning to offer
-  .icy domains & gTLD (I assume that P2P's idea is to only offer .p2p domains)
- A guranteed domain registration price (0,02 euros) (P2P has an domain auction, so you could pay more) (True our gTLD enterprise account will be a different price)
- A Proof Of Domain Ownership, which totally eliminates domain name squatting (P2P has an domain auction, if somebody pays more they get your domain)
- You pay 0,02 euros for an 10 year registration and your auto-renewal box is checked by default (With P2P we bet you, you'll pay more and maybe even for less time)

INVESTORS
- gTLD domains don't come cheap so every time we sell them you'll make money, matter of fact HERE you got a beautiful list with the ICANN prices.
- Just a 100 euros for a life time of returns is not a bad deal
- It will be decentralized so nobody can shut it down

yeah cool story bro - release it as proof of work - you stated "you have next to zero operating cost"

so if you make profit put % of that back into your proof of work crypto , then you and investors win. simple

for everything else there's ....

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
midnightmagic

Activity: 88
Merit: 37

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:18:33 PM

As far as I can tell, you do not have permission to use the term "namecoin" from anyone involved in the old namecoin project, nor the new embryonic effort.

Pick another name. Don't be a douche.

Also, "ICANNDY" is a terrible, terrible name with dark connotations.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 10:07:13 PM

Bitcoin never had an IPO. Neither did the original Namecoin, nor did Litecoin. Why is it that all of a sudden all these new chains now require IPOs?

I've been wondering the same thing...

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
pinnpe (OP)

DumBlinDeaf

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:24:46 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 10:44:45 PM by pinnpe

As far as I can tell, you do not have permission to use the term "namecoin" from anyone involved in the old namecoin project, nor the new embryonic effort.

Pick another name. Don't be a douche.

Also, "ICANNDY" is a terrible, terrible name with dark connotations.

Using the term "namecoin 2.O" is to indicate an improved version of what Namecoin did. No need to get all emotional, we respect the Namecoin team.

Bitcoin never had an IPO. Neither did the original Namecoin, nor did Litecoin. Why is it that all of a sudden all these new chains now require IPOs?

I've been wondering the same thing...

We have an IPO, because it will give us the time to develop the product in a proper manner. Companies constantly receive funding in Silicon Valley, maybe you guys should read more about investing and VCs.

BTW I don't understand the argument that Bitcoin never had an IPO, so other shoulden't. Imagine Satoshi having an IPO, he/she/they would have been killed/jailed or simply laughed at. His/Her/Their way of bringing the product Bitcoin to the market doesn't mean that it's LAW. Nothing is LAW or should be done exactly like the first person/persons who did it. The field of cryptocurrency is all about EXPERIMENTING that means trying new things, with another mindset. We are a startup that want to disrupt the DNS space, to do so you need funding. It's not only about making the product, we got to make infovids, do some serious marketing, do some extra security checks from parties outside the development team.
U

Activity: 503
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:14:41 AM

Decentralized Domain coin.
DDC.

Bitcoin Ethereum TERA
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: