Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:47:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EXO and Nxt are great coins - sorry  (Read 5849 times)
cryptonaut (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:22:45 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 09:20:38 AM by cryptonaut

Instead of continuing to troll Nxt, I decided to do some research to be more informed on my attack campaign. What I discovered was an amazing project and community.

It came down to me being butthurt that I missed out on the original offering by BCnext. But I realized that it is still early days. We're equivalent to the $1 days in BTC right now in Nxt. We missed the cents days but there is still profit to be had.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atoni

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:28:13 AM

That is really big gun!
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:41:39 AM

MKay, someone doesn't like Java.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:41:15 PM

But exo is using udp for transmission, not the best thing to use for reliability.
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:47:47 PM

Java is used quite often in the business industry. You can't argue for a coin's success or failure based on the programming platform, especially when Java and C++ are concerned.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
cryptonaut (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:14:08 PM

Java is used quite often in the business industry. You can't argue for a coin's success or failure based on the programming platform, especially when Java and C++ are concerned.

Yes for websites/ games whatever. But you would not create a worldwide decentralized monetary system in java. I bet some school kids put it together after class and put it on bitcointalk as a joke. Too bad some people took it seriously.

C++ = Master Race

Java = Peasants

Enjoy your crap while it lasts because all of those java crap coins will die once people are introduced to EXO (Master Race). Finally I can enjoy military grade security for my investment UNLIKE Nxt. I haven't slept for months thinking someone is going to hack my insecure Nxt account.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 02:17:13 PM

I think TimeKoin proves that to be incorrect;) I'm not going to argue one coin over another, but I do think having a Java dependency adds complexity, AND it adds a very undesirable attack vector on a machine that is used to store someone else's money. It's the reason we're working with the I2P team on i2pd to allow Monero to use i2p without the Java dependency - the additional attack vector is hugely undesirable.

Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:25:42 PM

Yes for websites/ games whatever. But you would not create a worldwide decentralized monetary system in java. I bet some school kids put it together after class and put it on bitcointalk as a joke. Too bad some people took it seriously.

C++ = Master Race

Java = Peasants

Enjoy your crap while it lasts because all of those java crap coins will die once people are introduced to EXO (Master Race). Finally I can enjoy military grade security for my investment UNLIKE Nxt. I haven't slept for months thinking someone is going to hack my insecure Nxt account.

Sounds like FUD to me. Java is 2nd most popular language in the world, 2 places above C++;

http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

You can attack the coin, but the platform it's on when comparing the two is utterly irrelevant.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
troisky

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:36:24 PM

C++ = Master Race

Java = Peasants

I like Java, Minecraft  Cool
sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:51:11 PM

C++ = Master Race

Java = Peasants

master race ? wtf are you on ?
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:57:16 PM

Clash of Programming Languages  Shocked
rabbiter

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:03:30 PM

EXO is a true next generation coin built in C++11, it is more secure and it is FAIR. Don't joke yourself, no financial institution will take any java coin seriously. The big guns have arrived children.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430467.0

Nothing says big guns and professional like eighties colored text and luminous logos and a coin that took months to get out of Beta cause it kept crashing.

plus exo seems to bring nothing new, doesn't seem to even have an Proper Asset Exchange, only BTC?. Why would anyone bother with this?
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:14:50 PM

C++ = Master Race

Java = Peasants

Sounds like FUD to me. Java is 2nd most popular language in the world, 2 places above C++;

That's because any idiot with 6 months training can churn out simple Java apps...
But it takes a university education... and many years of experience to be a competent C++ engineer.

You obviously confuse McDonalds with 5 star restaurants.
cryptonaut (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:13:18 AM

C++ = Master Race

Java = Peasants

That's because any idiot with 6 months training can churn out simple Java apps...
But it takes a university education... and many years of experience to be a competent C++ engineer.

Well said, sir.

Let these peasants feed on insect poo while watching their java joke coin die once EXO is unleashed on the world.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:00:26 AM

COBOL looks like it's set to make a nice breakout in the charts.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
cryptonaut (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:15:19 AM

COBOL looks like it's set to make a nice breakout in the charts.

EXO is king. No more scams for anyone.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:29:46 AM

Decentralized java crypto platform, like NXT, isn't exactly a simple Java app, and if it lacked security, someone would have broken it already Smiley
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:42:06 AM

C++ = Master Race

Java = Peasants

The confusion is obviously on your side:

Simple C++ and Java applications can be written after studying a couple of months

To be a competent (senior) developer who can write complex applications you require some years of experience - this holds true for C++ and Java

Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:52:05 AM

Let these peasants feed on insect poo while watching their java joke coin die once EXO is unleashed on the world.

I liked this, so I decided to quote it. Promise you'll still use this new account in 6 months so we can compare notes then?

While I'm here, did you know there is a bounty available to anyone from the 'java is rubbish' and 'nothing at stake' crews? It is currently valued at a large chunk of 40 million dollarsShocked Shocked Shocked Got to be the biggest bounty in crypto history!

All you have to do is exploit the easy, obvious weaknesses and terrible flaws in NXT and POS in general that are repeated endlessly and you will be able to claim a big chunk of the Nxt market cap. Easy money folks! So... on your, marks, set..... GO!!!

*waits for Nxt market cap to be drained to zero*
cryptonaut (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:54:47 AM

Decentralized java crypto platform, like NXT, isn't exactly a simple Java app, and if it lacked security, someone would have broken it already Smiley

It has only been around for 6 months, give it time. If a hacker wants to attack a coin are they going to try to tackle a coin with military grade security (EXO) or noob grade security (Nxt).

It WILL happen. It is just a matter of when.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: