Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:14:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: EXO and Nxt are great coins - sorry  (Read 5851 times)
cryptonaut (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:22:45 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 09:20:38 AM by cryptonaut

Instead of continuing to troll Nxt, I decided to do some research to be more informed on my attack campaign. What I discovered was an amazing project and community.

It came down to me being butthurt that I missed out on the original offering by BCnext. But I realized that it is still early days. We're equivalent to the $1 days in BTC right now in Nxt. We missed the cents days but there is still profit to be had.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
atoni

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:28:13 AM

That is really big gun!
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:41:39 AM

MKay, someone doesn't like Java.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:41:15 PM

But exo is using udp for transmission, not the best thing to use for reliability.
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:47:47 PM

Java is used quite often in the business industry. You can't argue for a coin's success or failure based on the programming platform, especially when Java and C++ are concerned.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
cryptonaut (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:14:08 PM

Java is used quite often in the business industry. You can't argue for a coin's success or failure based on the programming platform, especially when Java and C++ are concerned.

Yes for websites/ games whatever. But you would not create a worldwide decentralized monetary system in java. I bet some school kids put it together after class and put it on bitcointalk as a joke. Too bad some people took it seriously.

C++ = Master Race

Java = Peasants

Enjoy your crap while it lasts because all of those java crap coins will die once people are introduced to EXO (Master Race). Finally I can enjoy military grade security for my investment UNLIKE Nxt. I haven't slept for months thinking someone is going to hack my insecure Nxt account.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 02:17:13 PM

I think TimeKoin proves that to be incorrect;) I'm not going to argue one coin over another, but I do think having a Java dependency adds complexity, AND it adds a very undesirable attack vector on a machine that is used to store someone else's money. It's the reason we're working with the I2P team on i2pd to allow Monero to use i2p without the Java dependency - the additional attack vector is hugely undesirable.

Nullu

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:25:42 PM

Yes for websites/ games whatever. But you would not create a worldwide decentralized monetary system in java. I bet some school kids put it together after class and put it on bitcointalk as a joke. Too bad some people took it seriously.

C++ = Master Race

Java = Peasants

Enjoy your crap while it lasts because all of those java crap coins will die once people are introduced to EXO (Master Race). Finally I can enjoy military grade security for my investment UNLIKE Nxt. I haven't slept for months thinking someone is going to hack my insecure Nxt account.

Sounds like FUD to me. Java is 2nd most popular language in the world, 2 places above C++;

http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

You can attack the coin, but the platform it's on when comparing the two is utterly irrelevant.

troisky

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:36:24 PM

C++ = Master Race

Java = Peasants

I like Java, Minecraft  Cool
sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:51:11 PM

C++ = Master Race

Java = Peasants

master race ? wtf are you on ?
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:57:16 PM

Clash of Programming Languages  Shocked
rabbiter

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:03:30 PM

EXO is a true next generation coin built in C++11, it is more secure and it is FAIR. Don't joke yourself, no financial institution will take any java coin seriously. The big guns have arrived children.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430467.0

Nothing says big guns and professional like eighties colored text and luminous logos and a coin that took months to get out of Beta cause it kept crashing.

plus exo seems to bring nothing new, doesn't seem to even have an Proper Asset Exchange, only BTC?. Why would anyone bother with this?
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:14:50 PM

C++ = Master Race

Java = Peasants

Sounds like FUD to me. Java is 2nd most popular language in the world, 2 places above C++;

That's because any idiot with 6 months training can churn out simple Java apps...
But it takes a university education... and many years of experience to be a competent C++ engineer.

You obviously confuse McDonalds with 5 star restaurants.
cryptonaut (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:13:18 AM

C++ = Master Race

Java = Peasants

That's because any idiot with 6 months training can churn out simple Java apps...
But it takes a university education... and many years of experience to be a competent C++ engineer.

Well said, sir.

Let these peasants feed on insect poo while watching their java joke coin die once EXO is unleashed on the world.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:00:26 AM

COBOL looks like it's set to make a nice breakout in the charts.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
cryptonaut (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:15:19 AM

EXO is king. No more scams for anyone.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:29:46 AM

Decentralized java crypto platform, like NXT, isn't exactly a simple Java app, and if it lacked security, someone would have broken it already Smiley
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:42:06 AM

C++ = Master Race

Java = Peasants

The confusion is obviously on your side:

Simple C++ and Java applications can be written after studying a couple of months

To be a competent (senior) developer who can write complex applications you require some years of experience - this holds true for C++ and Java

Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:52:05 AM

Let these peasants feed on insect poo while watching their java joke coin die once EXO is unleashed on the world.

I liked this, so I decided to quote it. Promise you'll still use this new account in 6 months so we can compare notes then?

While I'm here, did you know there is a bounty available to anyone from the 'java is rubbish' and 'nothing at stake' crews? It is currently valued at a large chunk of 40 million dollarsShocked Shocked Shocked Got to be the biggest bounty in crypto history!

All you have to do is exploit the easy, obvious weaknesses and terrible flaws in NXT and POS in general that are repeated endlessly and you will be able to claim a big chunk of the Nxt market cap. Easy money folks! So... on your, marks, set..... GO!!!

*waits for Nxt market cap to be drained to zero*
cryptonaut (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:54:47 AM

Decentralized java crypto platform, like NXT, isn't exactly a simple Java app, and if it lacked security, someone would have broken it already Smiley

It has only been around for 6 months, give it time. If a hacker wants to attack a coin are they going to try to tackle a coin with military grade security (EXO) or noob grade security (Nxt).

It WILL happen. It is just a matter of when.
devphp

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:56:56 AM

It has only been around for 6 months, give it time. If a hacker wants to attack a coin are they going to try to tackle a coin with military grade security (EXO) or noob grade security (Nxt).

8 months Smiley

Can't wait for NXT to be hacked, bring it on!
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:57:36 AM

What's so great about EXO's security?

NXT's security sucks but that's expected with a mandatory brain wallet.  I've been hearing about NXT wallets being emptied out by hackers back in November. .  if a lot of people lose sleep over Bitcoin vulnerability, I don't know how they'ld respond to something like NXT.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
devphp

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:00:45 AM

Bruteforcing a bad wallet password has nothing to do with hacking NXT as a technology.
prodigalkid

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:01:25 AM

Yeah cos "military grade security" never ever gets breached... right?
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:10:57 AM

Quote from: cryptonaut
Re: Will EXO destroy Nxt, NEM, Node aka java crap?

When I saw you lump node in with Java, I pretty much knew you have no idea what you're talking about. Node is javascript, not java. And as far as performance, node beats everything else when it comes to comparing the amount of transactions you can process for the same amount of resources (assuming you know what you're doing). Course, unless you're doing something centralized, it wouldn't really be needed, but the fact is that node.js is the "future" for a lot of things on the net.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
Daedelus

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:11:19 AM

No one will attack EXO, it has to be worth something first.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:25:49 AM

When I saw you lump node in with Java, I pretty much knew you have no idea what you're talking about. Node is javascript, not java. And as far as performance, node beats everything else when it comes to comparing the amount of transactions you can process for the same amount of resources (assuming you know what you're doing). Course, unless you're doing something centralized, it wouldn't really be needed, but the fact is that node.js is the "future" for a lot of things on the net.

I wish I knew these sort of things about NODE but there isn't a convenient data sheet anywhere that I know of?

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
cryptonaut (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:30:03 AM

lol isn't Node a Nxt clone? Who cares, I don't follow shit. I've just heard the name in the same sentence as Nxt before.
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:46:57 AM

I wish I knew these sort of things about NODE but there isn't a convenient data sheet anywhere that I know of?

NODE (the coin), as well as I think Crypti are both being developed using node.js.. There is a link to the wiki page on NODE for info on node.js.. But yeah, both coins could probably do a lot more to provide details about what it is and why they're using it.

PayPal - "Node.js powers our web applications and has allowed our teams to move much faster in bringing their designs to life."

Ebay - "Node’s evented I/O model freed us from worrying about locking and concurrency issues that are common with multithreaded async I/O."

Cex.io - "We use node.js in high-load applications with complex run-time logic. Due to its asynchronous architecture node.js gives vast possibilities"

Linkedin - "On the server side, our entire mobile software stack is completely built in Node. One reason was scale. The second is Node showed us huge performance gains."

And I could go on.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
Daedelus

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:05:33 AM

EXO is king. No more scams for anyone.

@cryptonaut

Why do you keep deleting my posts in the self moderated thread here? >>>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=716818.0

You have deleted 6 already. What's wrong, afraid of some reasoned arguements?  Cheesy

Here is a sample:

The BTC can be viewed by anyone to see which amounts were donated and when for the original 21BTC that has been collected. You failed to mention James also said that more than half of the initial stake has been sold off.

I have seen you continuously attempting to create the idea that Nxt has kept secrets, that the distribution is dark  But the facts are, you can track the BTC donations on the BTC blokchain before Nxt was launched. The Nxt blockchain shows the accounts who got what and where it has been since. This 'revalation' of yours holds no weight, the initial distribution and movement of Nxt since is completely transparent by design.

Do we have any proof for any of your other claims? Did you know that satoshi owns more than 80% of all accounts of all cryptos and he created more than 100% of every coin? It is on a forum so it must be true.

If you have great facts let's see them. Colaboration would be obvious and easy to track in the blockchain, all transactions are recorded and linked. Please post the links showing this colloboration. *posted with and without a plug for MGW at the end*

As devphp as already told you in the other FUD thread, "Bruteforcing a bad wallet password has nothing to do with hacking NXT as a technology."

And as I have alrady told you in the other FUD thread...

"
While I'm here, did you know there is a bounty available to anyone from the 'java is rubbish' and 'nothing at stake' crews? It is currently valued at a large chunk of 40 million dollars!  Got to be the biggest bounty in crypto history!

All you have to do is exploit the easy, obvious weaknesses and terrible flaws in NXT and POS in general that are repeated endlessly and you will be able to claim a big chunk of the Nxt market cap. Easy money folks! So... on your, marks, set..... GO!!!

*waits for Nxt market cap to be drained to zero*

"
*posted with and without a plug for MGW at the end*
Daedelus

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:07:19 AM

And this one I reposted..

The BTC can be viewed by anyone to see which amounts were donated and when for the original 21BTC that has been collected. You failed to mention James also said that more than half of the initial stake has been sold off.

I have seen you continuously attempting to create the idea that Nxt has kept secrets, that the distribution is dark  But the facts are, you can track the BTC donations on the BTC blokchain before Nxt was launched. The Nxt blockchain shows the accounts who got what and where it has been since. This 'revalation' of yours holds no weight, the initial distribution and movement of Nxt since is completely transparent by design.

Do we have any proof for any of your other claims? Did you know that satoshi owns more than 80% of all accounts of all cryptos and he created more than 100% of every coin? It is on a forum so it must be true.

If you have great facts let's see them. Colaboration would be obvious and easy to track in the blockchain, all transactions are recorded and linked. Please post the links showing this collaboration.
LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:19:18 AM

lol isn't Node a Nxt clone? [...] I've just heard the name in the same sentence as Nxt before.

Looks like you really know what you're talking about  Roll Eyes

And in the light of this:
I'm sick of being a bitcointalk newb, so I am on the market for a new account.

I'll pay 1 BTC for a Hero Member account from 2011 with a cool-ish name.

You should really think about moving out of his mom's basement in the foreseeable future  Wink
devphp

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:22:30 AM

I'm sick of being a bitcointalk newb, so I am on the market for a new account.

I'll pay 1 BTC for a Hero Member account from 2011 with a cool-ish name.

He's a funny dude Cheesy has no clue about the value of things.
semidead

Activity: 94

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:24:14 AM

And what's wrong with java? Why do you think that c++ is better for a crypto coin?

Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:28:17 AM

I stopped reading when the analogy of "master race" and "peasants" was made.

If you can't even make a internally consistent analogy, there is little chance for a consistent argument Smiley

Anyway: upcoming Digital Goods Store in the new Nxt release, by the way Smiley
If people know of Indie musicians or game developers, have them have a look at it.
It's a great way to take distribution into their own hands.
On the 15th of August Sinan Boom is going to launch their new EP on it: https://soundcloud.com/sinan-bom
Do them a favour and buy it.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:58:15 AM

yeah, i don't understand why the OP can say that java coin will fail...
peter378

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:12:18 AM

Can you give some examples of how Java is used in the business industry?
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:29:34 AM

But exo is using udp for transmission, not the best thing to use for reliability.

Actually nothing wrong with UDP. TCP is more reliable of course but UDP is faster and more efficient in query-response, broadcasting or tunneling scenarios. The only issue is the more exposure for the underlaying layers, so error checking and correction should be implemented in EXO, but ECC on the top of UDP can be done on many ways.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:38:26 AM

Oracle, SAP, a bunch of IBM stuff on OS/390 and AS400... but they surely just peasants in great poverty (unlike OP) so you can safely ignore them Smiley.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:41:04 AM

Oracle, SAP, a bunch of IBM stuff on OS/390 and AS400... but they surely just peasants in great poverty (unlike OP) so you can safely ignore them Smiley.

Ooops... I've forgot Cisco, HP and Google. Sorry for that Smiley.
cryptonaut (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:45:25 AM

Ooops... I've forgot Cisco, HP and Google. Sorry for that Smiley.

Wow I didn't know they were all working on decentralized crypto currencies
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:48:33 AM

Are you suggesting that a tool that isn't used for something *cannot* be used for something?
Scientific progress under your leadership would be quite a thing to see Smiley

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:59:53 AM

Peter378 asked about "some examples of how Java is used in the business industry". Business != crypto currencies.
Daedelus

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:25:11 PM

Glad you stopped deleting the posts on the other thread, cryptonaut, and let some debate develop  Cheesy
asdlolciterquit

Merit: 565

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:45:29 PM

i want to add Tibco, a very important middleware Smiley
Whinehouse

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:01:26 PM

How do you try to compare NEM with EXO?

Both of them seems to become some big things but without having the same roots.

NEM will be Proof of Interest; EXO will be a mix from Proof of Work and Proof of Stake.

So it is like you compare apples and oranges.  Grin
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:08:13 PM

C++ = Master Race

Java = Peasants

Ever heard of bitcoinj, or ethereumj ?
Probably not......

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:12:24 PM

OP :
EXO is a true next generation coin built in C++11, it is more secure and it is FAIR. Don't joke yourself, no financial institution will take any java coin seriously. The big guns have arrived children.

First post :
That is really big gun!

FUD thread with cryptonaut + atoni :
[WARNING] Nxt is a scam and I have PROOF

Sockpuppets ? Agenda ?

Red flag all the way.
Isildur23

Activity: 178

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:19:55 PM

OP :

First post :
That is really big gun!

FUD thread with cryptonaut + atoni :
[WARNING] Nxt is a scam and I have PROOF

Sockpuppets ? Agenda ?

Red flag all the way.

They just heard that the Digital goods store is launching soon and paniced Cheesy

Ties are a prison for the soul...
STforLife

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:33:29 PM

LOL Exo is gonna be hated thanks to OP, threads like these do just damage to advertised product. Attacking others is the most stupid marketing.
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Java is used on server side by Amazon, Gmail, Ebay, and almost all banks.  Try "hacking" Amazon and Gmail, the most popular server side Java apps.  Oracle's Java applet (browser plugin) has security problems, but Nxt is not an applet. It's a standalone server application.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Nullu

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:41:52 PM

Peter378 asked about "some examples of how Java is used in the business industry". Business != crypto currencies.

We're talking about financial systems. So far I'm not seeing any particularly persuasive arguments over why C++ 11 is any better than Java, other than the OP being a holder of EXO.

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:49:25 PM

Java is used on server side by Amazon, Gmail, Ebay, and almost all banks.  Try "hacking" Amazon and Gmail, the most popular server side Java apps.  Oracle's Java applet (browser plugin) has security problems, but Nxt is not an applet. It's a standalone server application.

It's too hard for people to make a difference between an applet on a dodgy website and a proper standalone application.

LOL Exo is gonna be hated thanks to OP, threads like these do just damage to advertised product. Attacking others is the most stupid marketing.

Exactly. Starting a new crypto by hating established crypto is shooting yourself in the foot.

I wonder what OP was thinking... It's all the way wrong.
Eadeqa

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:58:19 PM

We're talking about financial systems. So far I'm not seeing any particularly persuasive arguments over why C++ 11 is any better than Java, other than the OP being a holder of EXO.

Indeed Java is better for financial apps as it's easier to write safer code. No pointers to arbitrarily access memory, no buffer overruns, bound checking, etc.  C++  is is better choice for apps that require faster start up and native integration.  

Faster start up is totaly irrelevant for server apps that start once and run for weeks/months without shutting down. Native integration is not needed either. Funny to watch Exo having difficulty releasing linux version. Had he used Java instead, it would have been platform independent. There is absolutely no reason to write crypto (server side)   in C++. It's a bad choice for the job.  

It's fine to write crypto clients in C++, and indeed anyone can write Nxt client in C++ for Windows. The client interacts with server (written i Java) . On the client side faster start up and native integration with GUI would be more desirable.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Nullu

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:05:20 PM

Indeed Java is better for financial apps as it's easier to write safer code. No pointers to arbitrarily access memory, no buffer overruns, bound checking, etc.  C++  is is better choice for apps that require faster start up and native integration.  

Faster start up is totaly irrelevant for server apps that start once and run for weeks/months without shutting down. Native integration is not needed either. Funny to watch Exo having difficulty releasing linux version. Had he used Java instead, it would have been platform independent. There is absolutely no reason to write crypto (server side)   in C++. It's a bad choice for the job.  

It's fine to write crypto clients in C++, and indeed anyone can write Nxt client in C++ for Windows. The client interacts with server (written i Java) . On the client side faster start up and native integration with GUI would be more desirable.

All valid points. Provided the code is secure, I think whether it's written in C++ or Java is a moot point. Both languages have their respective strengths and weaknesses. C++ offers speed, but at the expense of being more vulnerable. I've coded in both languages, and personally I find Java cumbersome and verbose, but it is safer.

Personally, I prefer C++ as a language, but that's as a programmer, not an end-user.

Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:35:09 PM

Something which has not even been released, or does not look to be released in near future. It is supposed to destroy an already established coin like NXT.

Seems like somebody put a lot of money in this and is now trying hard to convince self.
northranger79510

Activity: 308

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:14:01 PM

C++ = Master Race

Java = Peasants

Lol anyone who listens to this POS deserves to lose their money.

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
dbkeys

Activity: 484
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 02:28:18 AM

And what's wrong with java? Why do you think that c++ is better for a crypto coin?

Java is interpreted, not compiled; it's under the control of Oracle Corporation. It's probably fine for a prototyping language and for quick interactive demos. But it does add a layer of complexity, which slows things down (not a huge problem with today's hardware) and creates another failure point. Silly peasant vs. master race rants aside, it does not strike me as the wisest choice to implement a wallet in java.

DNS Seeder / Node Trackers
fivebells

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:21:18 AM

Java is interpreted, not compiled; it's under the control of Oracle Corporation. It's probably fine for a prototyping language and for quick interactive demos. But it does add a layer of complexity, which slows things down (not a huge problem with today's hardware) and creates another failure point. Silly peasant vs. master race rants aside, it does not strike me as the wisest choice to implement a wallet in java.

Java is compiled, there is an implementation of java which basically exists because other corporations need a not-Oracle java, absolutely not under Oracle control, it has a very cumbersome syntax and culture for prototyping, and has approximately the same complexity as the C++ runtime.

How's EXO doing, anyway?  This disinterred thread is the first I've heard of it.
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:07:25 AM

You must be trolling.

Please everyone, let this ridiculous thread die.
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:29:02 AM

Correction there, comes November 24th Nxt will be celebrating 1 year. So its 12 months in existence. If someone CAN hack nxt, they would have done it already. All the big account holders is open for anyone's view.

So... keep talking..

Eadeqa

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:43:49 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2014, 06:59:03 AM by Eadeqa

Java is interpreted, not compiled; it's under the control of Oracle Corporation. It's probably fine for a prototyping language and for quick interactive demos. But it does add a layer of complexity, which slows things down (not a huge problem with today's hardware) and creates another failure point.

Java is compiled as bytecode and run by JVM. It's not just oracle, there are also other VMs, including Open JDK, which is open source. It doesn't add  another "layer of complexity". It adds more security and versatility (Same compiled bytecode behaves exactly same on Windows, Linux, Mac; you can't always say that about C++ apps, making it less secure).    It's much harder to write secure C++ applications, especially due to things like pointers that arbitrarily access memory and buffer overruns. It's much easier to miss bugs in C++ applications. It's much harder to fix bugs in C++ applications, even if you know there is a bug.  Vast majority of server side apps are written in Java. That includes almost all banks,, amazon, ebay. There is really no reason to write crypto in C++ as you don't need native integration with operating system and faster startups, two things that C++ does better.

I am pretty sure C++ is absolutely worst choice for crypto. Python is probably the best (Electrum?).

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:57:16 AM

EXO is coming !

Prepare your btc! C++ new source code!
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 05:01:41 AM

I am pretty sure C++ is absolutely worst choice for crypto. Python is probably the best (Electrum?).

Just so: “PyBC Generic Blockchain Library (and coin!)” https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252152.0

And, to lay down a nominal scale for one dimension: the main characterisation in this XKCDforum post http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=108685 seems broadly accurate in terms of speed of general-purpose processing:

Tier 1 (fast-fast): C++, C, Ada, Fortran, ATS.
Tier 2 (fast): Java, LuaJIT, Julia, Haskell, Scala, Ocaml, C#, Go, Common Lisp (SBCL), Rust, Pascal, F#.
"Fringe" (fast-ish): Clojure, Racket, JavaScript (V8 and others), Dart, PyPy.
Tier 3 (intermediate): Erlang HiPE.
Tier 4 (slow): Erlang, PHP, Smalltalk (VisualWorks), Lua, Perl, CPython, Hack, Ruby.
Tier 5 (very slow): R, Matlab, Octave.

Some interesting angles in KnightExemplar's insightful response of an alternative and very plausible framing of Tier 0 and Tier 1 as specialised and hardware languages respectively: http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=108685#p3575512 - but unlikely to be news to those of a mining persuasion.

Scaling a p2p architecture to support serious mass adoption is going to be fun.

Cheers

Graham
lordoliver
Legendary

Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:32:24 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 10:46:09 AM by lordoliver

@cryptonaut
Your posts show me, that you didn't understand crypto yet. A coin is a protocol and not a software and much less depending on a language. You can rewrite the protocol with any language and use the same blockchain as long as you follow the same protocol.

Every serious coin will have multiple softwares in different languages. Security for the blockchain will not depend on the used software or language, as all participants are checking everything multiple times. So if one of the software programs has a security issue, all others will compensate that until it is fixed.

The main reason, why people are using java, is that you don't have to compile it on every OS again and again. Write once, run everywhere.
If you write in C or C++ you have to compile on windows, mac and linux. Even different linux may require some fixes, before you can actually compile the code.
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:49:19 PM

If you write in C or C++ you have to compile on windows, mac and linux. Even different linux may require some fixes, before you can actually compile the code.

This is so true. C++ is hell to compile on Windows vs Linux.
It's a handicap to use C++ if you want multiple OS.
bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 06:49:27 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 07:00:10 PM by bluemeanie1

Java was just about the only thing NXT had going for it.

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:51:31 PM

bluemeanie1 / Joshua Zeidner what happened to my nxtscam.org profile?

What happened to the money you stole?
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 06:52:14 PM

bluemeanie1 / Joshua Zeidner what happened to my nxtscam.org profile?

What happened to the money you stole?

who do you think I stole money from?

LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:00:18 PM

This is probably just one example:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/112643/the-mystery-of-the-missing-1000000-nxt
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 07:01:54 PM

I asked you a SIMPLE QUESTION.

the crime of theft has a VICTIM.  Who is the victim?

or does jl777 only pay you to write "BLUEMEANIE STOLE ONE MILLION NXT"?  You people are such incredible losers it's amazing ppl like you even exist.

LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:03:25 PM

or does jl777 only pay you to write "BLUEMEANIE STOLE ONE MILLION NXT"?  You people are such incredible losers it's amazing ppl like you even exist.

I think I asked you first.
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 07:04:18 PM

oh this crap again.

you can't name a victim because THERE WAS NO CRIME.

now get a life.

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:04:27 PM

You stole the money. Blockchain does not lie!

bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 07:05:33 PM

You stole the money.

from who?

LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:08:05 PM

oh this crap again.

you can't name a victim because THERE WAS NO CRIME.

now get a life.

Why don't you answer?

Btw. I have no clue who jl777 is.
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 07:09:43 PM

do you think anyone cares what you rent-a-trolls have to say about coin X or developer Y?

no one cares, and guess what?  your product- PROFESSIONAL TROLLING, is WORTHLESS.  get a real job.

you're about as influential as a goldfish.

LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:11:26 PM

do you think anyone cares what you rent-a-trolls have to say about coin X or developer Y?

no one cares, and guess what?  your product- PROFESSIONAL TROLLING, is WORTHLESS.  get a real job.

you're about as influential as a goldfish.

So we're equal when it comes to influence.

Again why don't you answer, fellow goldfish?
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 07:38:14 PM

Quote from: IdiotWithInternetConnection
What happened to money you stole?

LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:42:19 PM

You seem to like this guy   Cheesy

Now that some steam is off, would you mind answering my question?
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 07:43:16 PM

WHO DO YOU BELIEVE WAS ROBBED?

btw- anyone reading this thread can clearly see this person is not willing to answer this very simple question.  Why?  Why wouldn't he want to state who was robbed?  because no one was robbed.  because Jl777 paid him to promote this idea that I committed a crime, along with Edward DeLeon Hickman.  Just yet another example of how worthless these sources of information are.

we'll Im done here, I've answered YOUR question many times already.

LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:44:51 PM

You go first, I'll answer afterwards, that's the sequence we started.
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 07:45:58 PM

if youre still reading LiQuo at this point you have very low intelligence.

You go first, I'll answer afterwards, that's the sequence we started.

I dont know what sort of god awful crap hole you live in, but where I'm from we have something called INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:47:18 PM

if youre still reading LiQuo at this point you have very low intelligence.

again we are very similar, fellow goldfish  Wink

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:47:45 PM

You took the money from jl777 which was funded via nxtautodac asset. You have memory problem now?

bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 07:49:33 PM

You took the money from jl777 which was funded via nxtautodac asset. You have memory problem now?

I never sold anyone anything.  The NxtAutoDAC asset was jl777s company.

This means that all you idiots are just pay-per-post trolls, so get lost.  Anyone who is reading your garbage I feel sorry for.

LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:50:22 PM

we'll Im done here, I've answered YOUR question many times already.

another lie?
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 08:05:21 PM

You took the money from jl777

so then officially you are in the employ of jl777, because we've established that it is IMPOSSIBLE that I took any money from anyone.

we call this in America 'hired goon', although perhaps it has a different term in your country of origin.

LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:10:12 PM

..., because we've established that it is IMPOSSIBLE that I took any money from anyone.

Who is "we"? Do you have multiple personalities?
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:13:49 PM

so then officially you are in the employ of jl777, because we've established that it is IMPOSSIBLE that I took any money from anyone.

we call this in America 'hired goon', although perhaps it has a different term in your country of origin.

So.....where this money douchebag?

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 02:32:52 AM

In my country of origin, you will be in a state of sorry, dude.

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:54:39 AM

So.....where this money douchebag?

lol, it is IMPOSSIBLE man...
He got the money BUT we (who?) established that this guy is the most honest person around and therefore you must trust his words.
Don't disagree with him or you'll be called a hired goon in USA...
Daedelus

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:19:55 AM

I never sold anyone anything.  The NxtAutoDAC asset was jl777s company.

This means that all you idiots are just pay-per-post trolls, so get lost.  Anyone who is reading your garbage I feel sorry for.

This obfuscation again...  Roll Eyes Point out where anyone has ever said you sold NxtAutoDAC?

The sale of NxtAutoDAC asset /= accepting payment for work you never did. You are trying to conflate two separate and different issues again, the same as you did the same the first days after destroying the asset you were promoting days before with signed PGP messages.

We know you believe the sale of all crypto assets are illegal under the laws of your country. And it is irrelevant to the 1 million Nxt you received.

We also know you took payment of 1million Nxt (and 300,000 NxtAutoDAC assets) to develop products that would pay dividends through the NxtAutoDAC asset (VCorps you can be seen promoting was to be the first). You never did this.

When you are called out on *not doing the work you were paid to do*, the closest thing to a response is the above "I didn't sell any NxtAutoDAC". And you think people will be satisfied by this?

Do you deny 1 million Nxt was deposited in your account, the same one you used to issue your own altchain.org asset? If you don't deny this, how do you explain it arriving there? Where is the 1 million Nxt now?

I do not expect an answer to this. BM doesn't answer questions on this as it would harm his continued obfuscation, hoping to convince those who are just passing through and aren't interested enough to discover the facts that he is some kind of victim and has some credibility left intact.

Bluemeanie treats this article as an opinion piece  Cheesy Look at the evidence yourself, the PGP signed messages from BM promoting the asset... the blockchain data of the 1 million Nxt transfer to an account known to be BlueMeanie's... and make up your own minds. Everyone is unanimous in their opinion so far.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112643/the-mystery-of-the-missing-1000000-nxt

dbkeys

Activity: 484
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:27:45 AM

You must be trolling.

Please everyone, let this ridiculous thread die.

Sorry, got here just trying to learn more about NXT. A number of posts are vouching for Java, and, in any case, as has been pointed out, the NXT wallet is implementing a protocol, which is independent of any language or implementation. If someone had the time and resources, they could implement a wallet in hand-crafted assembly language.

DNS Seeder / Node Trackers
juicyjuice87

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:28:54 AM

Instead of continuing to troll Nxt, I decided to do some research to be more informed on my attack campaign. What I discovered was an amazing project and community.

It came down to me being butthurt that I missed out on the original offering by BCnext. But I realized that it is still early days. We're equivalent to the $1 days in BTC right now in Nxt. We missed the cents days but there is still profit to be had.

Daedelus

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:06:11 PM

The benefits of doing your own research  Cheesy I think you are the third troll-to-nexter that I have come across. It is heartening to see more and more people digging deeper.

The tech is cutting edge and being delivered as described since January. Anyone who has problems with the distribution haven't been keeping up with developments. The next few months should be interesting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: