Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:18:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EXO and Nxt are great coins - sorry  (Read 5851 times)
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:56:56 AM

It has only been around for 6 months, give it time. If a hacker wants to attack a coin are they going to try to tackle a coin with military grade security (EXO) or noob grade security (Nxt).

It WILL happen. It is just a matter of when.

8 months Smiley

Can't wait for NXT to be hacked, bring it on!
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:57:36 AM

What's so great about EXO's security?

NXT's security sucks but that's expected with a mandatory brain wallet.  I've been hearing about NXT wallets being emptied out by hackers back in November. .  if a lot of people lose sleep over Bitcoin vulnerability, I don't know how they'ld respond to something like NXT.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
devphp

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:00:45 AM

Bruteforcing a bad wallet password has nothing to do with hacking NXT as a technology.
prodigalkid

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:01:25 AM

It has only been around for 6 months, give it time. If a hacker wants to attack a coin are they going to try to tackle a coin with military grade security (EXO) or noob grade security (Nxt).

It WILL happen. It is just a matter of when.

Yeah cos "military grade security" never ever gets breached... right?
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:10:57 AM

Quote from: cryptonaut
Re: Will EXO destroy Nxt, NEM, Node aka java crap?

When I saw you lump node in with Java, I pretty much knew you have no idea what you're talking about. Node is javascript, not java. And as far as performance, node beats everything else when it comes to comparing the amount of transactions you can process for the same amount of resources (assuming you know what you're doing). Course, unless you're doing something centralized, it wouldn't really be needed, but the fact is that node.js is the "future" for a lot of things on the net.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:11:19 AM

No one will attack EXO, it has to be worth something first.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:25:49 AM

When I saw you lump node in with Java, I pretty much knew you have no idea what you're talking about. Node is javascript, not java. And as far as performance, node beats everything else when it comes to comparing the amount of transactions you can process for the same amount of resources (assuming you know what you're doing). Course, unless you're doing something centralized, it wouldn't really be needed, but the fact is that node.js is the "future" for a lot of things on the net.

I wish I knew these sort of things about NODE but there isn't a convenient data sheet anywhere that I know of?

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
cryptonaut (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:30:03 AM

lol isn't Node a Nxt clone? Who cares, I don't follow shit. I've just heard the name in the same sentence as Nxt before.
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:46:57 AM

I wish I knew these sort of things about NODE but there isn't a convenient data sheet anywhere that I know of?

NODE (the coin), as well as I think Crypti are both being developed using node.js.. There is a link to the wiki page on NODE for info on node.js.. But yeah, both coins could probably do a lot more to provide details about what it is and why they're using it.

PayPal - "Node.js powers our web applications and has allowed our teams to move much faster in bringing their designs to life."

Ebay - "Node’s evented I/O model freed us from worrying about locking and concurrency issues that are common with multithreaded async I/O."

Cex.io - "We use node.js in high-load applications with complex run-time logic. Due to its asynchronous architecture node.js gives vast possibilities"

Linkedin - "On the server side, our entire mobile software stack is completely built in Node. One reason was scale. The second is Node showed us huge performance gains."

And I could go on.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
Daedelus

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:05:33 AM

Sounds like FUD to me. Java is 2nd most popular language in the world, 2 places above C++;

http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

COBOL looks like it's set to make a nice breakout in the charts.

EXO is king. No more scams for anyone.

@cryptonaut

Why do you keep deleting my posts in the self moderated thread here? >>>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=716818.0

You have deleted 6 already. What's wrong, afraid of some reasoned arguements?  Cheesy

Here is a sample:

The BTC can be viewed by anyone to see which amounts were donated and when for the original 21BTC that has been collected. You failed to mention James also said that more than half of the initial stake has been sold off.

I have seen you continuously attempting to create the idea that Nxt has kept secrets, that the distribution is dark  But the facts are, you can track the BTC donations on the BTC blokchain before Nxt was launched. The Nxt blockchain shows the accounts who got what and where it has been since. This 'revalation' of yours holds no weight, the initial distribution and movement of Nxt since is completely transparent by design.

Do we have any proof for any of your other claims? Did you know that satoshi owns more than 80% of all accounts of all cryptos and he created more than 100% of every coin? It is on a forum so it must be true.

If you have great facts let's see them. Colaboration would be obvious and easy to track in the blockchain, all transactions are recorded and linked. Please post the links showing this colloboration. *posted with and without a plug for MGW at the end*

As devphp as already told you in the other FUD thread, "Bruteforcing a bad wallet password has nothing to do with hacking NXT as a technology."

And as I have alrady told you in the other FUD thread...

"
While I'm here, did you know there is a bounty available to anyone from the 'java is rubbish' and 'nothing at stake' crews? It is currently valued at a large chunk of 40 million dollars!  Got to be the biggest bounty in crypto history!

All you have to do is exploit the easy, obvious weaknesses and terrible flaws in NXT and POS in general that are repeated endlessly and you will be able to claim a big chunk of the Nxt market cap. Easy money folks! So... on your, marks, set..... GO!!!

*waits for Nxt market cap to be drained to zero*

"
*posted with and without a plug for MGW at the end*
Daedelus

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:07:19 AM

And this one I reposted..

The BTC can be viewed by anyone to see which amounts were donated and when for the original 21BTC that has been collected. You failed to mention James also said that more than half of the initial stake has been sold off.

I have seen you continuously attempting to create the idea that Nxt has kept secrets, that the distribution is dark  But the facts are, you can track the BTC donations on the BTC blokchain before Nxt was launched. The Nxt blockchain shows the accounts who got what and where it has been since. This 'revalation' of yours holds no weight, the initial distribution and movement of Nxt since is completely transparent by design.

Do we have any proof for any of your other claims? Did you know that satoshi owns more than 80% of all accounts of all cryptos and he created more than 100% of every coin? It is on a forum so it must be true.

If you have great facts let's see them. Colaboration would be obvious and easy to track in the blockchain, all transactions are recorded and linked. Please post the links showing this collaboration.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:19:18 AM

lol isn't Node a Nxt clone? [...] I've just heard the name in the same sentence as Nxt before.

Looks like you really know what you're talking about  Roll Eyes

And in the light of this:
I'm sick of being a bitcointalk newb, so I am on the market for a new account.

I'll pay 1 BTC for a Hero Member account from 2011 with a cool-ish name.

You should really think about moving out of his mom's basement in the foreseeable future  Wink
devphp

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:22:30 AM

I'm sick of being a bitcointalk newb, so I am on the market for a new account.

I'll pay 1 BTC for a Hero Member account from 2011 with a cool-ish name.

He's a funny dude Cheesy has no clue about the value of things.
semidead

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:24:14 AM

And what's wrong with java? Why do you think that c++ is better for a crypto coin?

Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:28:17 AM

I stopped reading when the analogy of "master race" and "peasants" was made.

If you can't even make a internally consistent analogy, there is little chance for a consistent argument Smiley

Anyway: upcoming Digital Goods Store in the new Nxt release, by the way Smiley
If people know of Indie musicians or game developers, have them have a look at it.
It's a great way to take distribution into their own hands.
On the 15th of August Sinan Boom is going to launch their new EP on it: https://soundcloud.com/sinan-bom
Do them a favour and buy it.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:58:15 AM

Java is used quite often in the business industry. You can't argue for a coin's success or failure based on the programming platform, especially when Java and C++ are concerned.

yeah, i don't understand why the OP can say that java coin will fail...
peter378

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:12:18 AM

Java is used quite often in the business industry. You can't argue for a coin's success or failure based on the programming platform, especially when Java and C++ are concerned.

Can you give some examples of how Java is used in the business industry?
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:29:34 AM

But exo is using udp for transmission, not the best thing to use for reliability.

Actually nothing wrong with UDP. TCP is more reliable of course but UDP is faster and more efficient in query-response, broadcasting or tunneling scenarios. The only issue is the more exposure for the underlaying layers, so error checking and correction should be implemented in EXO, but ECC on the top of UDP can be done on many ways.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:38:26 AM

Oracle, SAP, a bunch of IBM stuff on OS/390 and AS400... but they surely just peasants in great poverty (unlike OP) so you can safely ignore them Smiley.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:41:04 AM

Oracle, SAP, a bunch of IBM stuff on OS/390 and AS400... but they surely just peasants in great poverty (unlike OP) so you can safely ignore them Smiley.

Ooops... I've forgot Cisco, HP and Google. Sorry for that Smiley.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: