Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:59:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beastlymac - scammed me for 3.1 btc - gridseeds group buy  (Read 17680 times)
curiousminer (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:13:36 PM

What happened::
I have paid and reserved 10 usb gridsed miners and 5  5chip gridseeds from beastlymac (3.1 btc total)
I asked for refund few days later, due to customs catch/fear
Then scammer asked me for proof of payments
then proof of address possession
then for email with payment data (he has not responded to this mail)
then ip logs that i am not hacked

then finally after 5 months of battle he said that

he will not refund me money because he already placed order at manufacturer
but he can send me for free gridseeds if i want

that is true scam. he could resolve this by

1. refunding immidiatelly
2. telling me in feb/march that refund is not possible and i can transfer order to people from waiting list

please note that
I was not a group buy list, i have not send him shipping address

TLDR

SCAMMER kept my 3.1 btc, and now is offering to give back 1 btc as refund for 10 usb miners until i will give him shipping address for useless gridseeds
and free shipping of 5 gridseeds

5 gridseed device cost now ~25$ x 5 = 125$

i have reserved/paid for 5x0.4btc = ~1100$

Scammers Profile Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=124875

Reference Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=436031.0

Amount Scammed:
3.1 BTC

Payment Method:
payment by bitcoins

Proof of Payment:
0.1081 btc: https://blockchain.info/tx/0636e08d1feffd20da412e2f334bd8629d68ec1546336c769b76389d1b20d13f
0.9721 btc: https://blockchain.info/tx/1ce11e5591c534de2bdc6fcde007abe4365fd1abfac46164aafa95e39530265b
2.0750 btc:  https://blockchain.info/tx/fd363339f8f2923a43d44661aa7dde648904902af5fe2d71ae977197bb1cd85a

PM/Chat Logs:

http://i62.tinypic.com/3329c3m.png

http://i62.tinypic.com/35lb3n9.png

http://i61.tinypic.com/2dugv20.png

http://i58.tinypic.com/3449y01.png

http://i57.tinypic.com/20s9dog.png

Additional Notes:

Hi guys, sorry I had fever so I didn't read your messages yesterday.

@Beastly I saw your groupbuy thread and didn't found curiousminer's name on the Paid/Reserved list.
I am assuming you have placed a bulk order after closing that groupbuy but since you got message from curiousminer for refund, why did you kept him in reserved list instead of removing his name and giving that reserved place to some other buyer?

Now since it's a old dispute, I don't think you should force him to accept miners/chips since difficulty level is pretty high.

Ps: According to you, you have placed an order in that asian manufacturer, so where are those chips/miners now?

Hi
Beastly you were responding usually very fast, now after some serious questions you are ramaining silent ?
Please give us answers.

thanks.

He actually sent this to me.

The reason was never updated was because curiousminer never messages me after the purchase with his tx details and postage details. If he had he would have been listed. This was the way that I organised it as it meant that only orders complete and ready for postage where listed as paid. The miners are sitting boxed ready to ship as they have for the since they first arrived months ago. My main issue with it all is that I am not only losing from the refund but I am also out of pocket for miners that where ordered by him and paid for and have been sitting un unused for months because he ordered them. Orders to the manufacturer where paid in waves throughout the groupbuy as noted in the thread. The message from curiousminer was sent after the group buy had closed.

@bbxx is that true?

Now issue is, if miners were ready to ship, Beastlymac should have told it to cusriousminer several months ago, not now and since cusriousminer didn't wanted to buy, he should have easily sold those miner to someone else that time.

Another issue is if "Orders to the manufacturer where paid in waves throughout the groupbuy as noted in the thread" then beastlymac shouldn't have placed order for "cusriousminer" since he didn't gave any address for shipping.

i have found another pure evidence that curiousminer has to be refunded !!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=436031.msg5007033#msg5007033

If you are not on the list it means your order didn't make it into this batch. Please sign a message with the sending address of that tx and I will refund you.
Thanks

curiousminer was not at any list!
now beastly what you will say?
are you honest or not?

thanks

That is a good find. Although you are taking it out of context. That post is in reference to the single chip miners that where ordered through the manufacturer in one bulk order unlike the 5 chip units and thus doesn't apply. The rule that all orders made and paid to the manufacturer is still valid. It was done that way because only one batch of 1 chip miners was ever ordered and even then they where all refunded because dual miner couldn't provide the devices. The way was described and made clear in the thread. As per the refund offer for the USB's it is still offered and has been offered for months since the batch was refunded by Dualminer. Curiousminer as i have stated multiple times i am happy to refund you for the USB units. Where would you like the USB unit refund sent? The reason curiousminer's order was submitted to the manufacturer was because of the message below. It was for that reason that his order was submitted. He wouldn't have been updated onto the public post because he hadn't completed everything by submitting the postage details but he was updated on my private records as where all the other members who had only made partial payment or not yet submitted postage information.

In regards to your other message about late reply as i have already said i am available via Skype and reply quicker on it.

Helo

i just payed you for 10 usb miners with 2 transactions:
0.1081 btc: https://blockchain.info/tx/0636e08d1feffd20da412e2f334bd8629d68ec1546336c769b76389d1b20d13f
0.9721 btc:
https://blockchain.info/tx/1ce11e5591c534de2bdc6fcde007abe4365fd1abfac46164aafa95e39530265b

and payed for 5 dual miners:
https://blockchain.info/tx/fd363339f8f2923a43d44661aa7dde648904902af5fe2d71ae977197bb1cd85a

in next days i will provide you shipping address plus i will send you cash for package to poland.

cheers !

beastly dont behave like a scammer,
you should reply to curiousminer that devices ale already ordered and you can forward order to someone else, you havent

or

you should reply to this post and many others asking for additional devices

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=436031.msg5153733#msg5153733

"i have 5 units from one order left"

ship them to others and refund curiousminer

you just kept his money havent refunded anything and now want to ship useless devices?

Beastylmac, who are you? trusted forum member or little thief?

pathetic...

@Beastylmac im asking you to send me back my 3.1 bts and stop coming out with new excuses not to do so. JUST SEND ME BACK MY MONEY, im asking you for it from 5 months !

do you understand ? 5 months im asking you to send me my money and you have come with _tens_ of excuses, you been not answering my emails, you have been ignoring my PM, _twice_ you asked me to sign my address.

im getting sick of it. JUST SEND MY MONEY BACK AND STOP COMING OUT WITH NEW EXCUSES. i dont need any your hardware and I (and my bro + his colleagues) will not recommend doing any biznes with you because you act such pathetic scammer.

yes you do. _pathetic_scammer_

whay ? becouse for 5 months you dont give back money from transaction that did not take place. i send you money, i head problems with customs, i asked you to give me back money. you started to come out with excuses for 5 months. 

so just send me back my 3.1 btc and we close that threat.

You made an agreement when you made payment. It has been stated in the groupbuy. Orders that are submitted to the manufacturer can not be refunded. The only way you would be able to get a refund for the full amount is if you could convince the manufacturer to take back your unused miners at the price that you paid for them. I can not refund you for the 5 chip miners. You have also not provided a shipping address if you had provided one at the time OR pm'd me before the order was submitted this would never of happened. Your order could have been refunded easily like many others where. Over 50 units where refunded during the groupbuy before the order was submitted to the manufacturer. I am willing to refund you for the 1 chip miners as they where refunded by theanufacturer months ago. I will do this upon receipt of your shipping details for the 5 chip devices. If you can get the manufacturer to refund the order then I will pass it onto you. I am willing to ship your order of the 5 chip miners free of charge as a sign of good faith since postage was never paid.

Regards, Beastlymac

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:05:06 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 09:03:28 AM by Beastlymac

EDIT: PLEASE READ THIS THREAD HERE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=768105.0

your option is to pay for your errors

I will not be held accountable for an error that was caused by your brother not providing his postage details.

all garbage you have posted at your locked confession thread is irrelevant.

What part of it is irrelevant to the current situation? It provides the facts of what has happened.

have you scammed? yes. (it is proven by screenshoots), so pay for it,  or stay as scammer.

You agreed that i your brother was not eligible for a refund as he had agreed to the terms i upheld in your post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=712480.msg8082391#msg8082391

Therefor by your own admission your brother is not eligible for any btc and thus i haven't scammed anyone. So you yourself have proven that your brothers accusations are false.

What i asked.

He ordered and whilst doing so accepted the rules
His order was submitted to the manufacturer on the 7th making his order valid

What you said
1 yes
2 yes

So you admit that your brothers request is invalid.

I ask that you and your brother both publicly apologies for the harassment, lies and blackmail that you have posted.

Here is my response.

As i have stated previously and multiple times in the thread. Orders that have already been submitted to the manufacturer can not be refunded.

All orders paid for and submitted to the shipping company can NOT be refunded.

Curiousminer's order would have shipped out with all of the other orders at the same time months ago.

The reason why i asked for account verification for the 1 chip miner refund was because i wanted to make sure that curious miner's account had not been compromised. I have offered and am still offering the refund for the 1 chip miners as the whole order was refunded by dual miner months ago and everyone else that ordered the 1 chip miners received a refund. I have asked curious miner multiple times recently for his address for the refund of the 1 chip miners. I still have curious miner 5 chip miners sitting here sealed and have been so for months waiting to be shipped out. I did not say "free" grid seeds i said i will post the miners for free since postage was never paid for. He was not put on the group buy (public) list because his postage details had not yet been received but he was listed in my private documents for both of his orders. Curiousminer could have offered the miners for sale in the thread and i would have happily offered as a middle man for the transactions and re assigned the units to a different buyer but he did not choose to do that. I have offered the 1 btc all along and it was also posted in the thread. If you have a look at the thread you will see that i refunded at the time 38 miners so it wouldn't have been an issue if he had sent me a message before the units where already being processed by the manufacturer.

The thread i reference is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=436031.0

I am happy to answer questions.

Regards, Beastlymac

Message me if you have any problems
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:10:39 PM

curiousminer, it is not unreasonable to request that you verify your identity. Do so, get your refund and move on. Simple.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Beastlymac

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:12:00 PM

curiousminer, it is not unreasonable to request that you verify your identity. Do so, get your refund and move on. Simple.

I agree. My point is to not give away someone's hard earned money to a scammer/hacker.

KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:14:11 PM

I agree. My point is to not give away someone's hard earned money to a scammer/hacker.

With so many ID scammers lately, I would also insist on ID verification. It is not unreasonable.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Beastlymac

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:23:18 PM

With so many ID scammers lately, I would also insist on ID verification. It is not unreasonable.

Thank you for the recommendation I will do that now.

bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 04:41:09 PM

you have already scammed some group buy participants
look at your trust.

to KWH

it is not ID issue, it is ressolved

problem is that Beastlymac "ordered miners" using imaginary list, he havent get his shipping adress, just collected money and remain silent
after 5 months he finally decided to give back gridseeds, when they are worthless

if beastly couldnt refund he should state that at pms to curiousminer, then curiousminer could sell/transfer them to people from waiting list.

instead he was dragging out refund till finally say this shit above.

please read additional info

Beastlymac is SCAMMER.
bbxx

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 04:52:22 PM

what kind of veryfication is needed?
he havent posted you shipping address
why he should do that and why?
you have his address confirmed by signed message

wtf is this?

btw curiousminer is my brother
now not only he is scammed but has negative trust from beastlymac

this is sad.
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:08:18 PM

K, this is a rather confusing case... Can you clarify a few things without people having to dig through previous threads?

When was initial payment made?
When was refund requested?
When did groupbuy close?

bbxx

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 05:13:36 PM

sure
payment was made 5.02.2014
refund request was submited 10.02.201
group buy close was at early march 2014
curiousminer was not on the list of group buy participants

beastly was dragging out refund within 5 months finding excuses

now we are at 27.07.2014
and beastymac offer is to ship useless gridseeds instead of refund.

he blackmailed curiousminer to or accept 1 btc and give shipping address or nothing.
finally he left negetive trust at him and refund nothing asking of photo of him also with scan of id card with bitcointalk nick in background.

why he need this? to sell his id to scammers?

please check beastlymac  untrusted ratings
there are more people scammed same way

beastly is still organising group buy trades, he should be marked as Scammer.
Lucky Cris

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:18:18 PM

sure

now we are at 27.07.2014

he blackmailed curiousminer to or accept 1 btc and give shipping address or nothing.
finally he left negetive trust at him and refund nothing asking of photo of him also with scan of id card with bitcointalk nick in background.

please check beastlymac  untrusted ratings

So an important date is still missing.

A refund was requested 5 days after payment. We got that established. When did the group buy end?

EDIT - I see group buy ended early march?

Lucky Cris

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:22:38 PM

sure

now we are at 27.07.2014

please check beastlymac  untrusted ratings

So an important date is still missing.

A refund was requested 5 days after payment. We got that established. When did the group buy end?

EDIT - I see group buy ended early march?

Also, it seems  orders were sent to manufacturer in waves... when was OP's order sent to the manufacturer?

bbxx

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 05:23:19 PM

yes early march

but goods to other pariticipants were shipped very late

he just kept curiousminer money and is trying to scam him due to his newbie account/no experience with dealing with scammers
Lucky Cris

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:26:42 PM

yes early march

but goods to other pariticipants were shipped very late

he just kept curiousminer money and is trying to scam him due to his newbie account/no experience with dealing with scammers

k, let's just stick with the facts... I understand the reason to be angry, but I'm trying to get a clearer picture of what happened. Not that your opinion would influence me either way... it's just tactful to leave it out is all.

So, when was the order sent off to the manufacturer?

KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:32:30 PM

wtf is this?

this is sad.

Yes. Confirm ID with same address as payment was sent with if possible.
I am also curious why you weren't on the posted list, rather via PM and why is it you didn't give a shipping address as is claimed?

Albert Einstein
bbxx

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 05:46:13 PM

wtf is this?

this is sad.

Yes. Confirm ID with same address as payment was sent with if possible.
I am also curious why you weren't on the posted list, rather via PM and why is it you didn't give a shipping address as is claimed?

i will answer in the name of my brother
now he is travelling and cant post here

payment was sent by btc, btc address is confirmed, no shipping address was sent,
so how he can confirm his id if he has not any details about him? name address etc...
this way he could send any id and how beastly can decide if he is curiousminer or not?

he was not on the list becouse beastlymac just missd his pm but kept his money.
he had not pm his shipping address and name becouse ha wanted to reserve items. he changed his plans and wanted to withdraw reservation.

but beastlymac started this tales, lasting 5 months.

about batches.
miners were ordered by batches and there many people waiting for devices at reserve list.

if i were beastly i would immidiatelly refund him 10.02.2014 knowing that there a big customer base for his devices.

but he behaved like little rat. he is now telling tales that devices were already ordered...

SO WHAT???

he now is telling that curiousminer could forward his order/transfer
how he could do that if beastly was promising refund asking only for address signing?
and then for email?
and then for ip logs?
and finally he said that he will ship miners after 5 months?

that is sad that there are scammers like him at this forum.
Lucky Cris

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:48:13 PM

So it looks like he wasn't on the posted list because he never sent his shipping address? "He was not put on the group buy (public) list because his postage details had not yet been received but he was listed in my private documents for both of his orders." -Beastlymac

I've never participated in group buys so I don't know the process/how it's done. But could it be the shipping address wasn't sent because OP was under the impression that he'd be getting a refund (requested days after the order was placed)? IDK... I'm confused on how this went down.

Lucky Cris

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:58:04 PM

@ Beastlymac -

You stated that "Curiousminer could have offered the miners for sale in the thread and i would have happily offered as a middle man for the transactions and re assigned the units to a different buyer but he did not choose to do that."

Did he know that was an option? Or was he under the pretense he was getting a refund? I don't know the whole story here, but I'm asking because if I requested a refund and my name wasn't listed on the public reserve list after my refund request... I'd think my refund was in the works.

bbxx

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 06:00:25 PM

So it looks like he wasn't on the posted list because he never sent his shipping address? "He was not put on the group buy (public) list because his postage details had not yet been received but he was listed in my private documents for both of his orders." -Beastlymac

I've never participated in group buys so I don't know the process/how it's done. But could it be the shipping address wasn't sent because OP was under the impression that he'd be getting a refund (requested days after the order was placed)? IDK... I'm confused on how this went down.

story of beastlymac scam is easy.
he forgot/(maybe intentionally)
to put him at the list, he kept his money

he said also that anyone was not at the list will be refunded.

finally he decided to scam him thinking that he is nobody.
pathetic.
bbxx

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 06:03:19 PM

@ Beastlymac -

You stated that "Curiousminer could have offered the miners for sale in the thread and i would have happily offered as a middle man for the transactions and re assigned the units to a different buyer but he did not choose to do that."

Did he know that was an option? Or was he under the pretense he was getting a refund? I don't know the whole story here, but I'm asking because if I requested a refund and my name wasn't listed on the public reserve list after my refund request... I'd think my refund was in the works.

that is a problem
he sent many questions about transactions and address signing, email request, ip logs
he never mention about no refunds.
my brother thought that after verification he will be refunded.

instead beastly decided to send him gridseeds instead of btc, after 5 months so they are worthless.

sad.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: