Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:46:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's brave/stupid enough to invest their life savings into Bitcoin?  (Read 33431 times)
novacn

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:54:49 AM

All in means all fail, just invest what you can lose.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oceans

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:47:58 AM

I would invest maybe half my savings into bitcoin, but not all my money. Im talking savings here as well, not daily money. I could afford to lose my whole savings but if something happened
I would be stuck. I dont think its time to invest everything you have on bitcoin.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:59:21 AM

i'm getting more and more bearish by the day.. it's been cool for about 8 months now. if someone has had more than 50% of their assets in bitcoin for these past 8 months, and it hasn't gone anywhere, it would be really tough to justify holding most of your wealth in bitcoins.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:07:15 AM

I'm in my fifties. I have no retirement. I am not an heir. I have gone all in with other industries and lost everything. I recovered, but I have never seen anything like Bitcoin. I fell in love immediately in March 2011. All of my savings have gone into Bitcoin since 2011 and I am "letting it ride". I'm selling my house and buying more bitcoins. You would be crazy not to. This isn't the 1929 stock market. This isn't MySpace. Bitcoin is a fundamentally new technology that was twenty years in development and has network effect. You can have your altcoins, but you trade them with Bitcoins, Baby!

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
campycoin

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:12:07 AM

I just invested $400,000 into Bitcoin

proof: 1DDWEQM11uMUKiqpGEWvBT2at3CjCw3Vra

but thats over 600 coins received over a long time, not a over 600 coin hold.. so yea nice try

proof would be to sign a message using an address holding coin,

Franky-

That is Moriarty's payout address for his bitlaunder.com site.  Meaning, not only did he receive those coins over a period of time, but those are customers coins and they are supposed to go back to the customer.  That is clearly not "investing."  Worse however, is that some of those coins, he simply kept... as in the case currently documented on hhtp://antilyze.com.

Seen below, he admits this being his "BitLaunder Payout Address" and in this email claims the customer got them back.

When I questioned him on the reason there was no such transaction for 123btc or anything close.... he then said that the coins were kept because they were "stolen or hacked from elsewhere."  Then I told him he was wrong, that they were clean coins from a clean customer and he then researched that. He concluded (as seen below) that the coins were clean, as was the customer and agreed to return them. However, to this point he has still NEVER returned the $80,000 in bitcoin he stole.

He instead posts on forums that he invested this money?  His name is not even Michael Moriarty. He is no Doctor and holds no PhD. He is a liar, that's clear. A scam artist, even clearer. Pathetic, is a fact, and a no good piece of trash, can not be disputed.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:18:02 AM

Investing your life savings into Bitcoin is borderline retarded and indicative of a low financial intelligence.
Or it's a moral and political statement, something more significant than merely a financial investment.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:21:25 AM

I'm in my fifties. I have no retirement. I am not an heir. I have gone all in with other industries and lost everything. I recovered, but I have never seen anything like Bitcoin. I fell in love immediately in March 2011. All of my savings have gone into Bitcoin since 2011 and I am "letting it ride". I'm selling my house and buying more bitcoins. You would be crazy not to. This isn't the 1929 stock market. This isn't MySpace. Bitcoin is a fundamentally new technology that was twenty years in development and has network effect. You can have your altcoins, but you trade them with Bitcoins, Baby!

Is selling the house to buy bitcoin not a tad bit risky? I mean where will you live? Shocked
Dogtanian

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:23:36 AM

I personally believe that the price will increase by at least a factor of 100 over the next 2 years. Therefore, investing all your life savings would be a very wise decision.

Lol. That's your personal belief not based on anything at all, therefore someone would be silly to invest just because someone on the internet said they should. Maybe someone personally believes that he's got a dog that will start shitting out money so it's a good idea people should invest in it.
campycoin

Activity: 700

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:34:31 AM

I just invested $400,000 into Bitcoin

proof: 1DDWEQM11uMUKiqpGEWvBT2at3CjCw3Vra

More lies from the liar and thief

Doctor (not a Doctor)
Michael (his name is not Michael)
Moriarty (His name is not Moriarty)
PhD (No PhD, just another lie)
from Stanford (clearly no PhD from Stanford)

Invested $400,000?  To invest money, doesn't it need to be your own?  If I stole $100,000 and then put it into my bank, did I invest that money?

Michael...  ?  Where did you get $400,000 in bitcoin? Here you claim that is the bitlaunder.com payout address.

So, you run a laundering site where customers send you coin, you clean them and send them back. That is not investing you scammy shit head.

Not to mention that sometimes you keep the customers money as has been proven on http://antilyze.com

Then when you realize your mistake and agree to return the coins....

You send only 0.01btc and keep the other 126.99 btc you owe.  That, my lying friend, is called GRAND THEFT and is a FELONY.  Claiming that you invested that money is STUPID and even more proof that you run SCAM sites and are a THIEF.

When can Ricky James expect his money returned?
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:14:42 AM

in the case of bitcoin

high risk = high reward || great loss

MegaHustlr

Activity: 601

Vote 4fryn :)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:20:37 AM

Is selling the house to buy bitcoin not a tad bit risky? I mean where will you live? Shocked

Maybe he's just downsizing and putting the money he has left over into bitcoins or perhaps he can stay with friends or family.

▄  ▀▄▄   ▀▄▄ ▀▄ ▀▄
             ▀█▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████ ▄
         ▀████▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀███▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▀      ██▀▀     ▄██▀▀▀   █     ██
██    ▀█  ▄█▀▀▀▄  ▀█   ▄█▀   ▄▄▄ ▀██  █▀▀▄▀▄

▀▀▀   ▐█ █▌    ▐▌  █  ▐█ ▄█▀▀   █ █  ▄▀ ▄█ ▌
      ▐▌ ▀█ ▄▀▄█  █▀  █  █      ▐▌ █▀ █    ▀▄
      █     ▄█▀  ▀▀▀▀▄█  ▀█▄▄▀ ▄▀  █▄ █  ██ ▐▌
     █   ▄███▄▄███▄▄▄▄       ▄█▄▄▄▄ █▄    ▀  █ ▄
   ▄█▀▀▀▀     █▀      █   ▄█▀▀███    ▀▀▄▄   ▄██
  ▐█         ▐▌       ▐▌▄▀     ██        ▀███ ▐█
  █           ▀▄      ▐█▀       ▀█           ▀▀
  █▄           ██     ██         ██▄
   █▀            ▀     ▀          ▀█▀

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄██▄▄                ▄▄██▄
  ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████▌
█████▀                  ▀█████▌
████    ███▄      ▄███    ████▌
████   ▐████      ████▌   ████
 ███    ▀██▀      ▀██▀    ███▀
  ▀██▄                  ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████████████████▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:52:51 AM

Maybe he's just downsizing and putting the money he has left over into bitcoins or perhaps he can stay with friends or family.
I'm going overseas to SEA. I don't need my house.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Mowcore

Activity: 592

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:59:30 AM

My coins turned into my life savings, else I wouldn't have any!

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:07:25 PM

I would invest a great part of my life savings in bitcoins, maybe not 100% of them, but 75% yes.
My problem is just that I cannot convince my wife to do so Smiley
Speedy350

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:24:47 PM

I think investing all your life saving in bitcoin is fine if you have a job and just enough money to eat pay taxes ect... Even now It isn't a bad time to invest of course you can invest 50% of your life saving not everything. I personally would invest like 30% of my money if I would have a solid sum for It.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:35:14 PM

Reading a story from a few years ago where someone invested all their life savings into Bitcoin and started to live off Bitcoin. that guy was a lucky guy as now the price as more than tripled to when he invested in it. Anyone else brave enough to do this?

Definetly dumb decision to make, that limits with the sanity of persons mind.
If bitcoin is to become so widespread and mainstream, all you need to own to get rich is 0.1 bitcoin, so why risk everything then..

Like Buffet once said, "I would never risk something i like and need, for something i dont, its just dumb thing to do"
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:37:49 PM

I have all my economy in bitcoin.

because bank restrict me.
because credit card restrict me.
because fee on credit card is DEAD.
because ... i want control my money from inflation.

wake up...  Roll Eyes
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 01:54:44 PM

Who would invest their life savings in fiat currency?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
madken7777

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:17:03 PM

Youth and youngster will risk whatever they have to gain fame and wealth.

Look at all the dotcom billionaire, none of them are conservative in any measure.
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:51:06 PM

Isn't that the biggest mistake you can make is to invest everything into 1 thing?  I mean yes it can payout, but aren't you supposed to spread it out a little bit so you don't completely crash your life if it were to die? 

I just couldn't imagine putting my life savings into anything and then 2 days later losing all of that work....Ugh...makes me sick thinking about it
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: