Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:25:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's brave/stupid enough to invest their life savings into Bitcoin?  (Read 33444 times)
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:27:05 PM

Reading a story from a few years ago where someone invested all their life savings into Bitcoin and started to live off Bitcoin. that guy was a lucky guy as now the price as more than tripled to when he invested in it. Anyone else brave enough to do this?

i did. I invested 80% of my savings. Problem is that I did in wrong moment. Right now I am more or less 40% loss. I am 26 and Italian. Already posted here my story. I have even a daughter to feed. If you want to help her, contact me. Even few euros are well accepted. Thanks.

You bought in December 2013?

price decrease ... but when, in 2016, the 25BTC pass to 12,5BTC ... well, well  Grin

The halvings made no good to Doge. I wouldn't put any certainty about what will happens after the next halving

The halving in 2016 and the next halving will be very bullish for Bitcoin
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 09:14:13 PM

Reading a story from a few years ago where someone invested all their life savings into Bitcoin and started to live off Bitcoin. that guy was a lucky guy as now the price as more than tripled to when he invested in it. Anyone else brave enough to do this?

i did. I invested 80% of my savings. Problem is that I did in wrong moment. Right now I am more or less 40% loss. I am 26 and Italian. Already posted here my story. I have even a daughter to feed. If you want to help her, contact me. Even few euros are well accepted. Thanks.

Don't you have a job to sustain yourself and your daughter with? Or were your savings the things you were living off of?
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 09:16:40 PM

price decrease ... but when, in 2016, the 25BTC pass to 12,5BTC ... well, well  Grin

The halvings made no good to Doge. I wouldn't put any certainty about what will happens after the next halving

Doge was not in price equilibrium, and miners were typically using Doge for random things, not selling on the market to pay for mining expenses. So Doge's inflation wasn't really affecting the economy or the price. Bitcoin's inflation is affecting the economy, since about $1,800,000 worth of bitcoins are mined and sold every day. Cut that in half, and it should go up.
trizma

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 09:24:30 PM

I am all in  Cool

and continuing to increase my holdings slowly
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:27:49 PM

bot with a few grands back in the day, quit job, unemployed, burnt the rest of saving, now I'm in a pretty good shape I think, still unemployed though, thanks to the magic internet money
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:37:45 PM

I often thought about doing that, but investing all of my savings into it is much too risky, to be honest! But I have mu fair share of money invested, and who knows - maybe it will one day be my main mean of retirement money Smiley

Dyklotz

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:58:38 PM

Sold my mom for BTC crew.
zorke

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:14:00 AM

Doge was not in price equilibrium, and miners were typically using Doge for random things, not selling on the market to pay for mining expenses. So Doge's inflation wasn't really affecting the economy or the price. Bitcoin's inflation is affecting the economy, since about $1,800,000 worth of bitcoins are mined and sold every day. Cut that in half, and it should go up.
I agree to a point. However it should be noted that not all of the bitcoin that is mined is sold on the market. Take for example pbmining, the electric costs have essentially been prepaid for so the owners of the GHs at pbmining will not have any ongoing expenses and since the GHs were purchased for bitcoin they would be less likely to sell their bitcoin earnings (I am not endorsing pbmining, I actually think it is way overpriced but that is not the point).
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:55:25 AM

Sold my mom for BTC crew.

Oh boy, I really hope your kidding because that would fall into the craziest thing you could buy with Bitcoin if you ask me. Smiley
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 06:17:05 AM

Investing your life savings into Bitcoin is borderline retarded and indicative of a low financial intelligence.

This is me. I invested over 80% so far. HODLING but yeah. I'm too scared to cut my losses, so I just HODL.

Are you only at a loss? Maybe there are some "coins" you can sell for a profit if you wanted to.

You should find a way to earn some more bitcoin off the bitcoin you may be hodling at a loss right now. The choices are slim but they are out there.

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 06:44:58 AM

"The Bitcoin Halving" written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan. A story about bankers mysteriously jumping off bank buildings. A ragtag group of nerds discover that Bitcoin was designed as a fatal virus by an alien called something unpronounceable but sounds like Satoshi Nakamoto. The virus only infects people greedy for fiat currency. The cure is discovered to be hodling.
Brilliant! We need to build this out into a movie script at once!

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Impros88

Activity: 293

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:26:45 PM

Don't you have a job to sustain yourself and your daughter with? Or were your savings the things you were living off of?

i have but it is a part Time job. I hardly can survive. I pay the rent of the room/house where I live, I pay bills, food to survive and have nothing more. italian wages for low rank jobs like mine are very low. I have a daughter since 1 year ago and that increased a lot my expenses. I have to ask money to my parents but they cannot always help me. My girlfriend who is the mother of my daughter left me. Yes, I invested in btc in several steps and the last time in December 2013. Then again in January because I thought it was going to raise. I did not have much, only 9 btc, but the were the savings of years. Investing  in btc I knew it was risky but I was trying to change life, since I had done it in April and October gaining something, I thought to do it again.
I Don't put my btc address here because ed don't want to beg money but if you believe my story and want to help me, if you maybe have a lot for yourself already, you can contact me, we can chat on skype, I have a Webcam in my laptop so you can see where I live with your eyes. If you have even 0,01 btc you want  to send me, I will be thankful, and my daughter too. I don't like to complain, but some days I keep myself hungry to give my daughter everything she needs. My part time job gives me only 600 euro and I have to pay everything with that.
WoopDeBoop

Activity: 271
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:45:53 PM

i have but it is a part Time job. I hardly can survive. I pay the rent of the room/house where I live, I pay bills, food to survive and have nothing more. italian wages for low rank jobs like mine are very low. I have a daughter since 1 year ago and that increased a lot my expenses. I have to ask money to my parents but they cannot always help me. My girlfriend who is the mother of my daughter left me. Yes, I invested in btc in several steps and the last time in December 2013. Then again in January because I thought it was going to raise. I did not have much, only 9 btc, but the were the savings of years. Investing  in btc I knew it was risky but I was trying to change life, since I had done it in April and October gaining something, I thought to do it again.
I Don't put my btc address here because ed don't want to beg money but if you believe my story and want to help me, if you maybe have a lot for yourself already, you can contact me, we can chat on skype, I have a Webcam in my laptop so you can see where I live with your eyes. If you have even 0,01 btc you want  to send me, I will be thankful, and my daughter too. I don't like to complain, but some days I keep myself hungry to give my daughter everything she needs. My part time job gives me only 600 euro and I have to pay everything with that.

If you invested in April and October you made some money then, right?

I put around 5000 into btc in July and made near 1000%... if you started in April you were ahead of me, no?

Impros88

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:10:59 PM

If you invested in April and October you made some money then, right?

I put around 5000 into btc in July and made near 1000%... if you started in April you were ahead of me, no?

in April I invested a very small amount and cashed out very very soon. Same in October.
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:57:02 AM

I walk around my house like... hmmm... yeah I'll sell that for BTC.... I'll sell that for BTC.... I'll sell that for BTC....
My girlfriend is like... STOP SELLING THINGS FOR YOUR BTC...  I like how that sounded.. mmmmm.. My BTC...

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
CraftingTable

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:06:07 AM

Im brave enough not to
SpontaneousDream

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:27:04 AM

I walk around my house like... hmmm... yeah I'll sell that for BTC.... I'll sell that for BTC.... I'll sell that for BTC....
My girlfriend is like... STOP SELLING THINGS FOR YOUR BTC...  I like how that sounded.. mmmmm.. My BTC...

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121205194537/simpsons/images/7/7f/Mmm.jpg

This made me lol
lion king

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:32:33 AM

I  think it is quite reasonable to invest part of savings into Bitcoin if it is promising, but all of it ? I am not stupid, are you?
Impros88

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:06:35 PM

I  think it is quite reasonable to invest part of savings into Bitcoin if it is promising, but all of it ? I am not stupid, are you?

i was. In my idea I wanted to earn a lot quick and cash out. Fact is that Exactely when bubble ended I was on holidays from my grandma where there is no Internet connection. When I went back price was half I had left it. The moment when I found it out I almost had an heart attack.
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:50:29 PM

No / yes.

I'm certainly stupid enough to do it, but scared my wife would kill me.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: