Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:52:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's brave/stupid enough to invest their life savings into Bitcoin?  (Read 33436 times)
mailmansDOGE

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:32:54 PM

I'm guessing that many people have put small ivestments in, not life savings. We're all heard stories about savings being lost in gambling rather than bitcoin. BTC is mostly knows for it's success stories rather than the horror one hehe...
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 06:17:49 PM

I'm guessing that many people have put small ivestments in, not life savings. We're all heard stories about savings being lost in gambling rather than bitcoin. BTC is mostly knows for it's success stories rather than the horror one hehe...

If you put your savings in Bitcoin then gamble it away you lost your savings by gambling not because of Bitcoin; if you invested in Bitcoin at any time but two months in the last 3years you are at worst -25%
Impros88

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 04:41:37 AM

If you put your savings in Bitcoin then gamble it away you lost your savings by gambling not because of Bitcoin; if you invested in Bitcoin at any time but two months in the last 3years you are at worst -25%

I have invested when it was 1100 with all my money almost, now it is 470 so I have lost 60% about.
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:52:08 PM

I have invested when it was 1100 with all my money almost, now it is 470 so I have lost 60% about.

never buy high

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:30:59 PM

buy regulary.  Grin
zdaz14

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:44:56 PM

I'm 24, little debt, just a bit of student loans to take care of, and some savings but think its a god awful idea to invest everything into a single investment like this. Terrible idea. I have some invested, along with physical/cloud miners, along with long-term ETFs and stock as well.
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:46:44 PM

I'm 24, little debt, just a bit of student loans to take care of, and some savings but think its a god awful idea to invest everything into a single investment like this. Terrible idea. I have some invested, along with physical/cloud miners, along with long-term ETFs and stock as well.

You used terrible idea along with Cloud miners in the same sentence... that's cute lol

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
zdaz14

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:53:38 PM

You used terrible idea along with Cloud miners in the same sentence... that's cute lol

My initial investment into them already tripled and I've gotten it back already because of trading. Might not be for you but I hit ROI quickly and now its pure profit.
Skavenger

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:17:16 PM

If you havent invested by 2014... then what can i tell you honestly? you have no hope.
belk

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:53:16 AM

If you havent invested by 2014... then what can i tell you honestly? you have no hope.

Why do you say so?
w4ssop

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:58:37 AM

I wouldn't invest all my life savings in bitcoin even if I believe in it, because all can happen with cryptos.
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:28:30 AM

If young and employed and little life savings, I guess it makes sense. If any of those cinditions is untrue, I'd call it unwise to foolish.

Yes, risks exist in any speculation. Does a man has long enough time to wait for the recovery of big drop of Bitcoins ? If holding bitcoins by life savings, you need to have super confidence to the market.
BitcoinZombie

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:31:51 AM

If young and employed and little life savings, I guess it makes sense. If any of those cinditions is untrue, I'd call it unwise to foolish.

Yes, risks exist in any speculation. Does a man has long enough time to wait for the recovery of big drop of Bitcoins ? If holding bitcoins by life savings, you need to have super confidence to the market.

bitcoin is unpredictable and very risky,
only experienced people can survive, because it is very difficult if not learn from experience and must think smart.
TheGull

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 12:17:39 PM

Quote from: gentlemand
Quote from: picolo on July 27, 2014, 01:15:43 PM

Putting every penny into any single thing is a daffy thing to do. I've put a big chunk in but don't have any dependents and would quite happily live in a cave anyway.

Putting all your eggs in one basket violates every basic investment principle, but it is also the way to get really, really rich if your bet pays off. Key is to remember when you do this you really ARE making a bet.

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:24:19 PM

Like the saying goes, "Never invest money you cannot afford to lose."

If you need that money to eat, pay bills, or pay the mortgage, then don't put all your eggs in one basket.

If you're single, don't have a family, are reasonably well off, then by all means go all in!   Cheesy

Investing really is common sense.  If you have disposable cash you were going to throw at something else, like a new set of golf clubs, a speed boat, fancy jewelry, or a new home entertainment center, sure by all means invest that into Bitcoin instead.  If it pans out, great!  If BTC tanks, hey you'll have to settle for cup o noodles instead of sushi for awhile.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:40:47 PM

Putting every penny into any single thing is a daffy thing to do. I've put a big chunk in but don't have any dependents and would quite happily live in a cave anyway.

Putting all your eggs in one basket violates every basic investment principle, but it is also the way to get really, really rich if your bet pays off. Key is to remember when you do this you really ARE making a bet.

You have to take into account your situation as previously stated : disposable income; expected revenues, age ect.

You can make a bet on Bitcoin without betting anything to be able to bet on a few different horses
tzortz

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:10:12 PM

Invest surely, but not your life savings!

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
Impros88

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:10:24 PM

If you need that money to eat, pay bills, or pay the mortgage, then don't put all your eggs in one basket.

If you're single, don't have a family, are reasonably well off, then by all means go all in!   Cheesy

Investing really is common sense.  If you have disposable cash you were going to throw at something else, like a new set of golf clubs, a speed boat, fancy jewelry, or a new home entertainment center, sure by all means invest that into Bitcoin instead.  If it pans out, great!  If BTC tanks, hey you'll have to settle for cup o noodles instead of sushi for awhile.I

I am. single my parents pay for every thing I need. I had some money from presents of my grandma. About 8k euros. All invested in btc almost. Now I have half of them at current price. I did not need those money to live but I thought it could be the bet of my life... when  I invested there were people saying bitcoin could go to 10k dollars or more. I trusted, I tried I lost.
Balkhole

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:13:53 PM

Well the problem with this is that the chances are very slim that you are going to find one investment that will pay off really big like this, and the consequences are severe if it turns out that the gamble that you make does not pan out.
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:42:49 AM

If you're single, don't have a family, are reasonably well off, then by all means go all in!   Cheesy

Investing really is common sense.  If you have disposable cash you were going to throw at something else, like a new set of golf clubs, a speed boat, fancy jewelry, or a new home entertainment center, sure by all means invest that into Bitcoin instead.  If it pans out, great!  If BTC tanks, hey you'll have to settle for cup o noodles instead of sushi for awhile.I

I am. single my parents pay for every thing I need. I had some money from presents of my grandma. About 8k euros. All invested in btc almost. Now I have half of them at current price. I did not need those money to live but I thought it could be the bet of my life... when  I invested there were people saying bitcoin could go to 10k dollars or more. I trusted, I tried I lost.
From the looks of it, this money was really never yours to begin with. (nor is anything that you have truly yours but that is not the point). The money you "invested" in bitcoin was something that was given to you in exchange for nothing therefor you risked nothing. It was basically a lottery ticket.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: