Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:27:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's brave/stupid enough to invest their life savings into Bitcoin?  (Read 33436 times)
Unbelive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:56:18 PM

I will hold my 10 btc I have no other choice but btc deluded me... Everyone was saying it would rise and rise, but it was only a Ponzi bubble. That is all. A fucking Ponzi bubble. I knew that but I was convinced about those guys saying it was not a Ponzi and I could still buy.

Dont worry soon you will have million chances to spend them. you will be able to go to cinema or buy a burger with them. you did not throw your wealth away.

grifferz

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:02:16 PM

it was only a Ponzi bubble. That is all. A fucking Ponzi bubble. I knew that but I was convinced about those guys saying it was not a Ponzi and I could still buy.
You call it a Ponzi (a form of illegal scam) to make yourself feel better about what was merely a bad investment on your part.

I'm sorry you got burnt but you need to take responsibility for your own actions!
wasserman99

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:48:28 AM

it was only a Ponzi bubble. That is all. A fucking Ponzi bubble. I knew that but I was convinced about those guys saying it was not a Ponzi and I could still buy.
You call it a Ponzi (a form of illegal scam) to make yourself feel better about what was merely a bad investment on your part.

I'm sorry you got burnt but you need to take responsibility for your own actions!
I agree. Bitcoin does not at all fit the description of a ponzi. This person's experience does not fit the experience of a ponzi. Also a ponzi and a bubble are two very different things and it is illogical to say something is both a ponzi and a bubble.

Has bitcoin gone through several bubbles? Yes, is it in a bubble now? probably not, but the short term price trend is negitive

iCrypt

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:54:34 AM

How happen to all the talks of a moon landing? LOL
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 02:40:54 AM

I suspect you mean to say that this person overbalanced his investment portfolio into a long position rather than divesting. Long positions in Bitcoin are unlikely to get burnt.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
snappa4ever

Activity: 374

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 02:56:32 AM

I will hold my 10 btc I have no other choice but btc deluded me... Everyone was saying it would rise and rise, but it was only a Ponzi bubble. That is all. A fucking Ponzi bubble. I knew that but I was convinced about those guys saying it was not a Ponzi and I could still buy.
IIRC you posted about investing your money that your grandmother gave you in bitcoin. This is not your life savings, as you spent none of your life saving this amount, nor is this money that you earned.

You are also confused regarding terminology. A ponzi is when early investors are paid with later investors money and when there are not enough new investors the ponzi collapses.

A bubble is when the price levels get unrealistically high due to unrealistic investment returns. It is not possible for something to be both a ponzi and a bubble, you will need to pick one

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 03:29:26 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 03:40:50 PM by Beliathon

Still life-savings divested from fiat, still coasting at a cool 350%+ ROI in less than 18 months.

Hows your dollar treating you?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
charlie1010

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:52:03 AM

IIRC you posted about investing your money that your grandmother gave you in bitcoin. This is not your life savings, as you spent none of your life saving this amount, nor is this money that you earned.

You are also confused regarding terminology. A ponzi is when early investors are paid with later investors money and when there are not enough new investors the ponzi collapses.

A bubble is when the price levels get unrealistically high due to unrealistic investment returns. It is not possible for something to be both a ponzi and a bubble, you will need to pick one
I am new to this and I have responsibilities and fears, but I am going all the way
snappa4ever

Activity: 374

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 05:37:45 AM

I am new to this and I have responsibilities and fears, but I am going all the way
This is probably not a good idea. I would suggest investing in bitcoin, but only in amounts that you can afford to lose.

I think that the price of bitcoin will likely be either very high or very low several years from now.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
Room101

Activity: 541
Merit: 362

Rules not Rulers

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:17:53 AM

jesus...... this site is filled with children who don't have any patience whatsoever. Bitcoin is doing what bitcoin is supposed to do, bring banking to the unbanked, and facilitate cross border money flows. Not make teenagers rich overnight.

Bitcoin is the greatest form of protest there is. Vote in the only way that really counts: with your money.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:21:22 AM

Yup just like how the Dollar is an anti-ponzi scheme
martinnew

Activity: 153

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:30:14 PM

Never give it all if you have responsibilities cause it will not only affects you. Just an advice though. Tongue
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:03:36 PM

jesus...... this site is filled with children who don't have any patience whatsoever. Bitcoin is doing what bitcoin is supposed to do, bring banking to the unbanked, and facilitate cross border money flows. Not make teenagers rich overnight.

It did made a lot of teenagers very rich in the meantime and it will make a lot but people are sometimes acting like it is a ponzi : they get in and expect a quick return, some panic if they are not showing a profit within weeks or months!
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:15:39 PM

When price rises, the talk will reappear.  Grin
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:07:35 PM

When price rises, the talk will reappear.  Grin

It will be so good when we are all in positive again Grin

We will have new positive threads, new members, lots of joy Tongue Tongue
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:22:11 AM

Im definitely not investing my life savings, but I have definitely bought more BTC in the past few weeks than i have in a long time. If you at all believe in the long term success of BTC as a protocol, or as a solid hedge against fiat currencies, then you would be foolish not to be buying as much as you can right now
bitcoinstarter

Activity: 484

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:22:56 AM

There is a golden rule to live by: never invest what you cannot afford to lose.
FOLLOW IT.

This ^^ a million times over!
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 05:25:16 AM

FOLLOW IT.

Fuck that.  Find something you believe in and yolo that shit. 

Scared money don't make no money.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
newflesh

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:05:47 AM

I wouldn't invest everything but if I was in a position to buy a shitload of btc, I'd jump at the chance without a second thought. Bitcoin is still a very new technology, it may not completely replace the fiat but it will surely provide an alternative to the centralized bullshit system we have nowadays.
Rampton

Activity: 525

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:12:04 AM

FOLLOW IT.

It's generally a good rule, though sometimes the people who take the risk and go YOLO are the ones who win big, but of course the opposite is also true. I'm a big believer in bitcoin, but I'm not a big believer in people and those are what we need for bitcoin to push through and become very succesful, so I only invest a little of my own money and try earn bitcoins in other ways as I know it's not a foolproof investment. Saying that though, you could invest all your money in bitcoins now and sell as soon as they double or something, which I think is likely to happen, but it's not guaranteed and of course is a risk. Whether you take that risk is down to you to make.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: