Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:03:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: okay i am new at this help!  (Read 908 times)
islbagg (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:34:32 PM

okay i just made my cryptsy account and i bought some coins but can you guys help me what to choose i dont wanna just buy something and lose money so help me decide
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:35:49 PM

you have to make the choice for yourself, no one else can. buying into altcoins is risky since it's more of a pump and dump than bitcoin. it's 100% a game of speculation, whereas bitcoin is.. i don't know what number, but a lot less than 100% a game of speculation.
islbagg (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:41:07 PM

i have 6298thousand auroracoins i dont know if to keep them or trade them beacause some people are saying its gonna be big.. so i cant see if its gonna be big or just grow bigger Huh
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 09:56:04 PM

I believe this is the wrong section of the forum to be asking for altcoin help. And in the altcoin section everyone is going to try and convince you to buy their altcoin. Best thing to do if you are new, get used to btc first.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
Alchemix

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:06:21 PM

okay i just made my cryptsy account and i bought some coins but can you guys help me what to choose i dont wanna just buy something and lose money so help me decide

This is a very interesting question.
Have fun reading all the BAD advice you will more than likely receive.

The best advise, your money = your decision.

My opinion = read read read and trust your gut.
Good luck buddy
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:41:42 PM

I agreee with Alchemix. You can't really trust anyone to give you sound investment, as the coins/s they recommend might be coin/s they hold personally, and so benefit from your purchase.

The ideal scenario would be to find someone who will share their expertise with you, without trying to play you. I suggest doing your own research first, and if someone suggests a coin to you, ask yourself why coin x is any better than coin y. Everyone has an agenda. It may be to profit, or it may be something else, but you've got to know enough to know the difference.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 10:49:31 PM

I believe this is the wrong section of the forum to be asking for altcoin help. And in the altcoin section everyone is going to try and convince you to buy their altcoin. Best thing to do if you are new, get used to btc first.
Exactly. You pretty much aren't supposed to listen to anyone until doing proper research on the suggested altcoin.
Many will try to get you to buy into the coin that they are invested in even though the coin is most likely just crap.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:00:57 PM

As stated, everyone will claim whatever coin they are holding is the 'one' and to invest in that. Basically take any advice with a grain of salt here.

What I will suggest is... don't spend any money at all. Go to the freebie giveaway forums, sign up for freebie coins here, play with faucets a little, and just get used to things. Check out the other exchanges, maybe do a couple of small trades.

After you spend some time just learning how it all works and doing a bit of research on various coins, then choose the coins you may wish to invest in. Forget what people here say ... and definitely forget whatever you see people say in a trollbox.
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:28:27 AM

i have 6298thousand auroracoins i dont know if to keep them or trade them beacause some people are saying its gonna be big.. so i cant see if its gonna be big or just grow bigger Huh

auroracoins? The Icelandic one? Before buying into anything, at LEAST read the coins entire ANN thread even if it takes you a few days. That coin had a massive pump and dump at the beginning and has gone down, down, down ever since. They're supposed to be doing a new airdrop about now so maybe it will rebound a bit in the short term. IMO the only value that coin has is that there are only something like 21m coins so it "should" go up long term. It's the sort of coin I would assume I'll take a complete loss on but might buy a bunch just in case it does something in a year.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 02:03:38 AM

this is the place for advice ignore all these guys saying "make your own decision"

just do what people say on this forum - a general rule:

- the smaller the number next to thier name the better the advice will be.

- especially if a few people come on and say the same thing (after someone makes a positive comment about something)

- IPO's are "trendy" so have a look at them they have heaps of  "2.0" "features" that will enhance your life.

- always look at the "market Cap" its a very good indicator of an IPO's success !!!1

if you do all that you will be rich beyond your dreams in no time.

trust me people listen to me.  

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 02:22:21 AM

Haha this post was moved from bitcoin discussion to alternate cryptocurrencies and now my post looks like im delusional Tongue

Doing what digital recommends is the best way to learn what not to do so. Its not bad advice $_$

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
Alchemix

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:25:32 AM

Haha this post was moved from bitcoin discussion to alternate cryptocurrencies and now my post looks like im delusional Tongue

Doing what digital recommends is the best way to learn what not to do so. Its not bad advice $_$

Im pretty sure digital was trying to level the OP...which is a shame if the OP was only trying to get sound advice from the forum.

If you own a single crypto coin, ANY coin, you should be nice to the new members coming into the community.
They are the life blood and the pulse of mass acceptance.

boxuser

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Credits CRD 1st Decentralized Exchange coin

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:34:39 AM

do your research, not all promising coins are on cryptsy, some coins are not noticed yet for example Credits CRD read the ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=634403.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: