Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:36:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone following the ebola outbreak?  (Read 39756 times)
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:49:17 PM

That's okay with me if that's what we have to do, I'd just like to see a reality orientation from the gubbermint(s).

I would advise taking a reality check for yourself.
TonyT

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:00:32 PM

That's okay with me if that's what we have to do, I'd just like to see a reality orientation from the gubbermint(s).

Trollin'?  That was a cheap shot if you're on a crypto forum.  Because we are all paranoid here....lol. 

TonyT
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:08:24 PM

Trollin'?  That was a cheap shot if you're on a crypto forum.  Because we are all paranoid here....lol. 
Well, maybe someone can explain why my direct cited experience with microdroplets does not apply in this circumstance with this virus.  I thought it was worth posting as a possibly similar proof of work.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 09:02:12 PM

Well, maybe someone can explain why my direct cited experience with microdroplets does not apply in this circumstance with this virus.  I thought it was worth posting as a possibly similar proof of work.
Thanks for this.
It applies directly.
It is also consistent with what the CDC's current position is. "We don't know how they got it."
Its been confirmed airborne among animal testing.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:25:39 PM

Nurse Amber Vinson traveled with a commercial jet after caring for Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan,
on Frontier Airlines flight 1143 Cleveland to Dallas/Fort Worth. She is ill and was confirmed to have Ebola.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/15/health/texas-ebola-outbreak/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 11:41:35 PM

Nurse Amber Vinson traveled with a commercial jet after caring for Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan,
on Frontier Airlines flight 1143 Cleveland to Dallas/Fort Worth. She is ill and was confirmed to have Ebola.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/15/health/texas-ebola-outbreak/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
And she apparently did so with the CDC's explicit permission.

Quote from: cbs
according to Flighttracker, the plane was used for five additional flights on Tuesday before it was removed from service. Those flights include a return flight to Cleveland, Cleveland to Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport (FLL), FLL to Cleveland, Cleveland to Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), and ATL to Cleveland.
While in Ohio, Vinson visited relatives, who are employees at Kent State University.  The university is now asking Vinson’s three relatives stay off campus and self-monitor per CDC protocol for the next 21 days out of an “abundance of caution.”
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/15/ebola-patient-traveled-day-before-diagnosis

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:58:43 PM

They were saying in the news today how 70+ healthcare workers had contact with the ebola patient in Texas and NONE of them were following any sort of protocol. No masks or protective gear and not in isolation area. Are you kidding me?? I thought we were prepared to deal with ebola in the West. There are going to be a lot more cases popping up in Texas at least. Guarantee you that.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3081

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 12:07:59 AM

They were saying in the news today how 70+ healthcare workers had contact with the ebola patient in Texas and NONE of them were following any sort of protocol. No masks or protective gear and not in isolation area. Are you kidding me?? I thought we were prepared to deal with ebola in the West. There are going to be a lot more cases popping up in Texas at least. Guarantee you that.

Put your coins where your mouth is.  Smiley

http://bitbet.us/

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
GoldSurfer

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 12:59:41 AM

What is Ebola? It even exists?

CRYPTONYX - Up to 6% per week! https://cryptonyx.com/?ref=2270
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1823
Merit: 2793

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 10:07:10 AM

Put your coins where your mouth is.  Smiley

http://bitbet.us/

I'd be willing to bet there is at least 10   Grin

bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:39:40 AM

Ebola is a disease of humans and other mammals caused by an ebolavirus. A virus is a small infectious agent that replicates only inside the living cells of other organisms. Each ebola virion contains one molecule of linear, single-stranded, negative-sense RNA, 18,959 to 18,961 nucleotides in length, it's a very small agent.
Five species are known, and four of these cause Ebola virus disease (EVD) in humans. Ebolaviruses were first described after outbreaks of EVD in southern Sudan in June 1976 and in Zaire in August 1976.  Many deadly virus exist, ebola virus is one of them.

Image related:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3f/Ebola_virus_em.png/220px-Ebola_virus_em.png

Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 01:24:04 PM

Ebola is a disease of humans and other mammals caused by an ebolavirus. A virus is a small infectious agent that replicates only inside the living cells of other organisms. Each ebola virion contains one molecule of linear, single-stranded, negative-sense RNA, 18,959 to 18,961 nucleotides in length, it's a very small agent.
Five species are known, and four of these cause Ebola virus disease (EVD) in humans. Ebolaviruses were first described after outbreaks of EVD in southern Sudan in June 1976 and in Zaire in August 1976.  Many deadly virus exist, ebola virus is one of them.

Image related:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3f/Ebola_virus_em.png/220px-Ebola_virus_em.png

IMHO, If you wish to include an image in your posts you should use the appropriate URL coding: e.g. .

Just my 2 satoshi  Wink

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:33:27 PM

Some years ago I ran a computer maintenance operation on an Army base right next to the bay (salt water).  We could plot an exponential rise in pc board corrosion based on distance from the water.  But 600 feet inland, there was still corrosion.  That's what microdroplets do.  They are airborne, and have a finite lifetime (averaging milliseconds, but based mostly on the ambient humidity and temperature.  Statistical, but even after 3 sigma there are SOME floating.)  600 foot radius from one of these patients?

You might have to condemn the entire hospital if you take one of these patients in.  Lives lost are then far in excess of lives saved, so this is looking to me like tents in the desert, or somewhere isolated from the cities.  That's okay with me if that's what we have to do, I'd just like to see a reality orientation from the gubbermint(s).

Wow, that's interesting!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:50:12 PM

Yes, it exists. However a lot of ppl (even a lot of west africans) think that the current outbreak is just a hoax (like the swineflu "pandemic" was) for making a lot of money on vaccines, medicines and supplies on the west and scamming some money out of the world on the local government side.
To make accusations worse, many news depicting people sick with ebola seems to be fake with some paid "crisis actors".
TonyT

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:00:16 PM

Wow, that's interesting!

Very interesting indeed.  Spendulus actually IMO hit upon a cutting edge topic in virology.  It's not well understood how viruses can spread.  For example, Magic Johnson's wife never caught HIV/AIDS even though she had unprotected sex with her husband for a long time.  And regarding Ebola, all the researchers were wearing 'bunny suits', and every incentive to be careful, and were trained nurses, yet caught the virus.  The discoverer of Ebola, a Belgian doctor, said something like if you rub your eyes when taking off your protective goggles, you can catch the virus, but I would bet valuable BTC that some of the nurses did not rub their eyes.  I think what Spendulus says is the key:  microdroplets.  And I bet (or hope) some researcher in the field at CDC and elsewhere is thinking the same thing.

TonyT
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1823
Merit: 2793

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 05:08:44 PM

Yes, it exists. However a lot of ppl (even a lot of west africans) think that the current outbreak is just a hoax (like the swineflu "pandemic" was) for making a lot of money on vaccines, medicines and supplies on the west and scamming some money out of the world on the local government side.
To make accusations worse, many news depicting people sick with ebola seems to be fake with some paid "crisis actors".

a conspiracy like that is probably possible but would take a lot of effort, a lot of fear, and a lot of cooperation from multiple countries, I just don't see this being as realistic as other conspiracy theories I have heard of. This also seems like something that would get exposed somewhat quickly and most governments wouldn't get involved.

I am not so sure this is ebola and am not so sure it isn't intentionally being spread but one thing I think we should believe is that something is making a lot of people sick and appears to be killing people in multiple countries.

Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:35:15 PM

This also seems like something that would get exposed somewhat quickly and most governments wouldn't get involved.

This is what governments do, it is their stock in trade. They don't spend all their time building roads.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:44:03 PM

a conspiracy like that is probably possible but would take a lot of effort, a lot of fear, and a lot of cooperation from multiple countries, I just don't see this being as realistic as other conspiracy theories I have heard of. This also seems like something that would get exposed somewhat quickly and most governments wouldn't get involved.

I am not so sure this is ebola and am not so sure it isn't intentionally being spread but one thing I think we should believe is that something is making a lot of people sick and appears to be killing people in multiple countries.
A strong argument against a conspiracy is that this outbreak helps no one except the virus. By December we should have 1 -2 million cases. That level of infection may well lead to the end of several affected countries.
Your concern is that companies are trying to profit from "vaccine sales". Well, there are no vaccines for this. Maybe they are profiting from the aid being sent? Almost all of the aid is in the form of protective clothing and construction of temporary hospitals. The only use for this stuff is caring for Ebola patients.
Of course someone somewhere is getting a kickback, this is Africa after all. But Ebola is a real threat and will kill huge numbers before its over. Just hope that it does not mutate into a real monster. Because viri basically mate with your cells and have babies with you, each new person infected changes the virus genome and increase the odds of a more dangerous form evolving.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:54:40 PM

And she apparently did so with the CDC's explicit permission.

Quote from: cbs
according to Flighttracker, the plane was used for five additional flights on Tuesday before it was removed from service. Those flights include a return flight to Cleveland, Cleveland to Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport (FLL), FLL to Cleveland, Cleveland to Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), and ATL to Cleveland.
While in Ohio, Vinson visited relatives, who are employees at Kent State University.  The university is now asking Vinson’s three relatives stay off campus and self-monitor per CDC protocol for the next 21 days out of an “abundance of caution.”
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/15/ebola-patient-traveled-day-before-diagnosis

Quoting from Arstechnica article:

Update: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now say that the second infected healthcare worker flew to Cleveland and back on a commercial jet after caring for Duncan—and her return flight to Dallas took place the day before her Ebola symptoms appeared. The CDC now wants to interview everyone on that return flight (Frontier Airlines flight 1143, flying from Cleveland to Dallas/Fort Worth on October 13).

Given the healthcare worker's recent exposure to Duncan, she was "self-monitoring" for any symptoms of Ebola and—according to the CDC—should not have traveled on a commercial airline until the incubation period for the disease had ended.

Update 2: Reuters reports that the healthcare worker did in fact have a slight fever while traveling on the airplane back to Dallas. The CDC still believes the risk of viral transmission is low because the woman was neither vomiting nor bleeding on the flight. The healthcare worker is being transported to Emory Hospital in Atlanta for treatment.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 05:56:35 PM

A strong argument against a conspiracy is that this outbreak helps no one except the virus.
Not precisely true.
There has been a significant shift of government budgets.

When people are afraid, they often run to government for help.  Few are willing to attempt to protect themselves and want someone else to "do something".
Those from whom you seek help, you also empower.

It doesn't take a conspiracy for this effect, it can simply be the confluence of interests at play.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: