Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:46:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Observations on prayers and miracles?  (Read 2641 times)
noviapriani

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:47:21 PM

It takes you months and hundreds of posts just to understand someone else's very simple position, and still you don't understand it.

Everything is possible zolace, it's a matter of probability.  It is simply more probable that some undiscovered or alien technology brought the person back to life in your fictional story above than an invisible magic man with supernatural powers.
And there lies in your problem - this dogma of yours.  That is superstition, my friend.  But, it is effective in keeping considerations of the Creator out of the picture, by raising the bar such that no matter what happens, you will find an explanation for it regardless how silly.

There is a test, however, you can do - anyone can - and let the chips fall where they will.
wow that's rich.  you accusing others of superstitious beliefs.  LOL  I've heard it all now.  The bar is not high at all zolace when comparing probabilities.  The bar is quite low.  If one outcome is more probable than another, it is more likely.  Not superstition, but mathematical fact.  Ill show the equation when I have time.

zolace (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:49:11 PM

It takes you months and hundreds of posts just to understand someone else's very simple position, and still you don't understand it.

Everything is possible zolace, it's a matter of probability.  It is simply more probable that some undiscovered or alien technology brought the person back to life in your fictional story above than an invisible magic man with supernatural powers.
And there lies in your problem - this dogma of yours.  That is superstition, my friend.  But, it is effective in keeping considerations of the Creator out of the picture, by raising the bar such that no matter what happens, you will find an explanation for it regardless how silly.

There is a test, however, you can do - anyone can - and let the chips fall where they will.
wow that's rich.  you accusing others of superstitious beliefs.  LOL  I've heard it all now.  The bar is not high at all zolace when comparing probabilities.  The bar is quite low.  If one outcome is more probable than another, it is more likely.  Not superstition, but mathematical fact.  Ill show the equation when I have time.

I enjoy the equations that show 1=2.  It's fun when folk try to figure out what is wrong with them.Anyway, as noted, time will tell.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
noviapriani

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:53:01 PM

The math that eludes zolace is  1+1=3. In zolace' world, facts are simply a matter of "faith".  In zolace' world 1+1=3 is truth, if you believe it.

"Jesus Math".

Time is not on your side.  You have had more than enough time to prove your crack-pot superstitious beliefs.

zolace (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:56:37 PM

The fool in his heard has said there is no God.

And when folk think anything is probable in this universe, well, one can see the truth of that.  That someone might think that, if a nuclear weapon was to explode over his head, and destroy everything in its path except him, that this is a matter of probabilities, is truly sad.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
noviapriani

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:03:46 PM

The fool in his heard has said there is no God.

And when folk think anything is probable in this universe, well, one can see the truth of that.  That someone might think that, if a nuclear weapon was to explode over his head, and destroy everything in its path except him, that this is a matter of probabilities, is truly sad.

that you would think I believe anything you have just said is truly sad.

You are a sad sad delusional man .  Your religiously indoctrinated brain  is incapable of reading anything with objectivity to the point you completely misunderstand what other people say.

I have never said there is no higher power.  I have said there could be many many times.  I have correctly pointed out there is no evidence of your god.   I have said that the bible was clearly written by man and religion was invented by  man, for which there is a lot of evidence.  But religion and a higher power (god) are two different things.

noviapriani

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:08:09 PM

If a nuclear bomb exploded over my head and I lived, Id believe in almost anything. But more importantly, pondering bullshit that NEVER happens as possible evidence of a biblical being is the height of stupidity.  I WILL NOT survive if a nuclear bomb goes off over my head.  A dead dismembered rotting man WILL NOT EVER come back to life. Wondering what a person might believe if this bullshit happened is a complete waste of time and exercise in futility.

Fiora

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:10:36 PM

Well just believe in god for insurance, if he does exist. And be like YO! i believed in you, and I didnt rape little boys at the church like some priests do so let me in yeah? lol.
zolace (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:11:20 PM

If a nuclear bomb exploded over my head and I lived, Id believe in almost anything. But more importantly, pondering bullshit that NEVER happens as possible evidence of a biblical being is the height of stupidity.  I WILL NOT survive if a nuclear bomb goes off over my head.  A dead dismembered rotting man WILL NOT EVER come back to life. Wondering what a person might believe if this bullshit happened is a complete waste of time and exercise in futility.
Yes, you have given lip service to that statement several times.  I do not deny that.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
noviapriani

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:13:17 PM

Yes, you have given lip service to that statement several times.  I do not deny that.
It is only "lip service" to you because I do not accept your christian god of the bible as invented by men.  Its not lip service at all.  It is an objective reality.

noviapriani

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:14:51 PM

zolace-
It is possible for people like me to reject your fairy tales, but still be open minded to the possibility of forces as yet not understood by me.

I know for a fact that your religious/superstitious beliefs are 100% bullshit.
On the other hand there are things that I don't understand, and I remain open-minded to new things/philosophies.

Too bad you aren't the same.

When you practice any belief system that REQUIRES deliberant ignorance, you are at the end of the intellectual food-chain.

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:24:54 PM

My stance on this is similar to the tarot cards! I don't think prayers can actually do anything and miracles are just coincidences at best, which haven't been observed well enough by some people who then claim that something supernatural (or even heavenly intervention) has occurred!

There are no coincidences.  To imply there are coincidences is to imply there is randomness.  Life is not random.  Every action as a reaction.  Everything you do forever effects the world around you.  The world is the way it is because we have created it to be so, intelligent design.

Every action you make will change the path of your entire life, in each waking moment.

As someone who has seen and done the impossible, I can attest that reality is not a closed system.  Reality is a reflection of our perception.  If we perceive limitations and impossibilities, than it will be so.  If we perceive the opposite perception, infinity, then it will be so.

As long as you subject your mind to false beliefs, negativity, ego, you will be trapped in the reactionary world.  The world of science - limits and transitionary processes - death.

When you can perceive your existence from the other end of the spectrum, from the soul, you can free yourself from the entanglement of life in hell.  You can ascend to a higher plane of existence, which comes from within.  Every negative has an opposite.  Instead of creating thought processes of negativity - I can't, it won't, it's impossible, etc - find the opposite and resonate positive thoughts within your mind - I can, it will, it's possible, etc.

Your thoughts alter your existence and ultimately, following positive thoughts will lead you to affirming positive beliefs when your mind surpasses a level of understanding beyond the negativity you once perceived.

We are gods who have forgotten we are gods.  Once we become self aware of our true state of existence, rather than our false delusion we currently live in, we will be free from the forces of negativity that constrict our existence.

We all have the power inside of us, all it takes is you to find the will and empower it.  Where there is a will, there is a way.  If you indefinitely subject yourself to negative thought patterns, judgments and beliefs, you will not find the will to be as you were made to be - infinite.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:39:23 PM

There are things I dont know about which could include a higher power.....its just not your  bible.  That is NOT lip service.  Your saying so means absolutely  nothing. There is nothing more maddening than a dumb-ass who tries to tell me the intent of my words.

Future advice...dont pretend to tell people what they mean face to face .  Someone might break your neck....I would certainly be tempted.
noviapriani

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:43:45 PM

Prayers & miracles....

Riddle me this....

If a life-threatening event/disater were to occure, where would my directed prayers be most effective?
1.Jesus
2.Tooth Fairy
3. Easter Bunny
4. Santa Claus

Answer:

All of the above. They are all equally effective.

zolace (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:47:12 PM

Prayers & miracles....

Riddle me this....

If a life-threatening event/disater were to occure, where would my directed prayers be most effective?
1.Jesus
2.Tooth Fairy
3. Easter Bunny
4. Santa Claus

Answer:

For me, its been Jesus.  Never had any success with the other three.........

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
noviapriani

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:01:18 PM

Prayers & miracles....

Riddle me this....

1.Jesus
2.Tooth Fairy
3. Easter Bunny
4. Santa Claus

Answer:

For me, its been Jesus.  Never had any success with the other three.........
You've had "success" praying to Jesus?  Prove it!!!!

You are a fucked-up ass, zolace. You've never had any "success" with Jesus. You can't demostrate evern one time.

It's the same thing over & over &over with you.

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:02:44 PM

I'm only going to comment on this thread because its activity shows up in the "Today" stream...and because my name is in it.   Normally I prefer to just ignore the three of you on your religious threads.  

But for the record:  

rigon is a liar and a dumbass.  Anyone can go to the original thread and see he did not repeat my words and he is too effing stupid to grasp I was pointing out HIS listing of the best nations on earth are those which are all milky white.

I do not share his opinion that those nations are even the best, let alone his apparent preference for milky white folks.  

That is all.  

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:05:36 PM

I'm only going to comment on this thread because its activity shows up in the "Today" stream...and because my name is in it.   Normally I prefer to just ignore the three of you on your religious threads.  

But for the record:  

rigon is a liar and a dumbass.  Anyone can go to the original thread and see he did not repeat my words and he is too effing stupid to grasp I was pointing out HIS listing of the best nations on earth are those which are all milky white.

I do not share his opinion that those nations are even the best, let alone his apparent preference for milky white folks.  

That is all.  
I never mentioned anything about white folks....that was you.  You were arguing that liberal progressivism leads to societal ruin (again not me).  I proved to you that the most liberal progressive nations on earth do not have societal ruin and in fact have quite the opposite.  I never said it was because many of their people are white.....that was you. I never invoked white or brown skinned people at all....only that the most liberal progressive places were in fact not showing any sign of societal ruin anything soon.   So when shown that liberal progressivism, contrary to your verbal diarrhea,  isn't the lone variable in determining whether a society goes downhill, you ran to your next unfavorite thing.....minorities.....must be the lack of minorities that gives those places higher ratings.....that's it.
DjPxH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:09:51 PM

There's no such thing as miracles. If people believe they can't do anything but pray for someone, they do it out of desperation. It's even worse if they simply rely on praying and don't actually do anything that could 'really' help achieving the thing they want to.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rigon

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:29:31 PM

It is a fact that the nations I listed are the most liberal progressive.  It is a fact they have low crime.  It is a fact they have high quality of life indices and it is a fact that when surveyed they are among the most satisfied people on earth with their governments.  I can show you all the studies again.  Your agreement that they are indeed good places to live is completely NOT required, unsolicited, and irrelevant.  What is relevant and very interesting were your words regarding the reason those nations don't have problems is because they are white and don't have minorities.
zolace (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:34:33 PM

Still misses the irony.  Sad.  Anyway, apparently threads here get noticed in some way I don't monitor.  Interesting.

But, if you really think you have a case there, rigon, you should note that in that (original) thread - only pointing out here the irony of you complaining about folk determining your intent.

There will be more examples forthcoming, no doubt.  Perhaps its best I point them out then in the thread where they are found.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: