Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:18:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810026 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 10:05:07 AM

-snip-
long term? ... seriously? ... one can plan and plan and plan then make inroads to implement these plans - only to be stopped short because the ruling bodies ( yes - government mainly ) has placed a piece of legislation doing one thing or another ... or has china not taught us anything at all? ...

plans and long term optimism is great ... REALITY and the functionality of what spr brings to the table is another ...
-snip-
#crysx

"Long term? Seriously?"

Yes. 100%.

Short-termism is shitcoinsim.

I have previously defined shitcoinism as:

noun, devoted love, support, and pack hunting for one's shitcoin. technology development zero.

If you think you  can build something sustainable in a few months, or a year, then you've never worked on a real project before.  As you say, look at Bitcoin: that is still in beta since 2008/09.

I do, however, like miners like you (sweeping assumption coming). You provide liquidity when others mine and hodl or people invest and hodl.

Miners on projects such as SPR are very, very welcome. Why? Well, unlike the Nr.1 loser, Litecoin (I could never understand why aspiring to being Nr.2 was held up as an aspiration), we won't have thousands and thousands of coins spewing out every day and being dumped on the markets by miners to pay for costs.

At some point miners will get their rewards cut, or they should, in order to give extra incentives to servicenode holders - to start with.  Sir Crouton will tell you that he thinks miners should get zero rewards and be cut out of the equation altogether - all the rewards should go to servicenodes who will end up supporting the network. I have disagreed with this view since it was first aired as miners are still needed in the background to provide a second tier of network security, as well as liquidity. But the solo mining emphasis brings an extra dimension to the future plans and prospects of SPR.

Plans and future optimism (i.e. not shitcoinism)

There is no point competing with Bitcoin. And there is no point competing with DASH, which is competing with bitcoin.

In the pursuit of a valuation equalling bitcoin, I think you have to come up with an alternative plan to direct competition. I think you have to create an eco-system that itself is in demand rather than producing a simple currency that will never be used as a currency without an inherent reason.

For that to become clearer, I have been informed we will have to wait until mid next week.

Later today I will provide a mini update, as we thought the new ANN was going to be up by this weekend.

agree on many counts here - but you seem to miss the one necessary thing that will make or break the coin and all the hard work that gets put into it ...

convincing ( or getting the ) vast majority of traders and miners alike - that they should invest in the coin and the developmental process that spr is steaming ahead with ...

build the eco-system ... develop the xxx-nodes ... trade the coins ...

but it will all boil down to the one thing that ALL coins ( bar a ver very few - like i mentioned earlier ) cannot escape ... and that is INTRINSIC VALUE ...

i like the concept of spr - i like the notion of decentralization - i like the it a lot ... but it will still be a situation whereby the trader and miner alike will STILL require the coin to be of a value pinned against something tangible - like FIAT ...

the day will come when the governments of the world will choose one way or another ... because this is still 'in the air' - the governing lead to all this crypto diversity will be its adherence to the status quo ... namely the governments that will rule not so much the coin itself - but WHAT the coin can ( not only ) be used for - but whether ANY coin will be taken into account and backed ...

mining is so much an intrinsic part of the backbone of the blockchain - whether it be PoS based ( which has its own issues itself ) or PoW based or whatever ...

the incredible thing i find with all this is - that the diversity of the crypto industry itself is driving the development forward ... hence why i like what spr is doing with regards to the plans made ... but will it see the light of day? ... who knows! ... i mean REALLY! ... who ACTUALLY KNOWS! ... no one ...

we can estimate - guesstimate - hope - and pray ... but thats about it ... no one really KNOWS what will happen ...

still though - move forward people ... move towards a better coin - a better ecosystem - a better vision of how to develop it further ... but always understand that those people that criticize ( constructively ) and keep quiet and watch and wait and listen and mine and trade ... all those are the SAME people that can either bring up - or break the coin and all its infrastructure ... especially those with the power behind them to DO something about it all ...

ive always been a watcher - miner - trader ... its only recently that ive come out to say my piece with this ...

simplicity is the key ... now where the hell is the lock Wink ...

the spr community is a good one ... passionate and positive ... i like it ...

the reason why i like this so much? ... its fun ... yes fun! ...

most are in it for the money - the vast majority ... some in it for the developmental exercise and experience ...

im in it for the fun of it ... said my piece ... back to the couch and watch all this unfold ...

#crysx

loomdart

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Valar nomordumpis.

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:20:10 AM

Do we have a ETA on when spreadcointalks will be open for business again?

I've watched centurions perish. I've seen gods fall. I've seen the great Ra himself extinguished. His final flame quenched.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:37:41 AM

-snip-

-snip-
#crysx

Simplicity is 100% the key.

Personally, I think the lock is outside crypto land. This altcoin bubble has great technical development but is paralysed opportunist scammers.

If you want (and I do want) average Joe to be involved, you have to take SPR to them. Going after the same crypto enthusiasts is myopic at best, cannibalistic at worst.

loomdart

Activity: 105

Valar nomordumpis.

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:51:07 AM

-snip-

-snip-
#crysx

Personally, I think the lock is outside crypto land. This altcoin bubble has great technical development but is paralysed opportunist scammers.

If you want (and I do want) average Joe to be involved, you have to take SPR to them. Going after the same crypto enthusiasts is myopic at best, cannibalistic at worst.

Honestly I think the best way to get anyone involved in any type of cryptocurrency is the Torrenting options. Set up a trust system enabled torrent service app from SpreadNodes, and you hit the people that are interested in technology, but not so indepth as to be learned on cryptocurrencies.

I've watched centurions perish. I've seen gods fall. I've seen the great Ra himself extinguished. His final flame quenched.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 11:02:02 AM

-snip-

-snip-
#crysx

agreed ...

and further - cater to the needs of these same average joes ...

#crysx

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 11:48:10 AM

-snip-

-snip-
#crysx

Honestly I think the best way to get anyone involved in any type of cryptocurrency is the Torrenting options. Set up a trust system enabled torrent service app from SpreadNodes, and you hit the people that are interested in technology, but not so indepth as to be learned on cryptocurrencies.

You never know, that might still be on the horizon.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=976031.msg10656234#msg10656234

AnotherNode

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 12:34:39 PM

Second part of bounty, incoming.

You might want to put some links to download areas.

Also, think about your wallet security, now you've shown everyone your private key  Tongue
Afterwards I named that address "DO NOT USE - youtube" Smiley

Thanks coins101, is the video what you expected, better or worse?

Edit:
What do you mean links to download areas?  Like, the website(s)? (I added them now)
I can put annotations with download links to the wallet and miners on the screen if you want.

Good video.

You need to read up on private keys and why you shouldn't share them with anyone. It's good for this video to show the process, but you might lose your coins if you're not careful - empty your wallet to bittrex and import them back once you have read: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Private_key

Also, some might not know they need an updated driver. Maybe add, check you have the latest driver by using http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 02:32:21 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2015, 03:13:10 PM by coins101

***Mini Update***

* Price Bump

The Elephant in the room is the recent bump in the price. Out of nowhere we have a new Nr.1 Wallet with 180k SPR.

Quite a few people that decided to head for the exit when Mr.Spread went MIA probably ended up giving their coins away to Nr.1.

The coins have been there for the taking since Feb 14, so no grumbles from any corners, please.

Interestingly, the Nr.2 and Nr.3 wallets have also been very active.

The distribution has changed a little in under two weeks. The top 10 wallets went up from 24% to 30%.

* Devs

CHAOSiTEC has announced he is joining the dev team.

For those that don't know him, he played a huge part in making Darkcoin successful during its early days, and he still helps out.  It will be interesting to watch him get stuck into SpreadX11 mining code, and the servicenodes.

Gladimor has now confirmed he wants to help the dev team.

gjhiggins is taking a step back due to other commitments, but will pitch in when he can.

Gerogem will hopefully be providing a meaty update next week on project and dev road map. But as is always the case, it will be ready when its ready. There is plenty to do in so many other areas.

* Project development members

Stonehedge has now joined the team and is already making huge contributions in the background. Hopefully something rather special can be reported back on this in mid May.

A-Russo is busy building an android app for SPR. I'll let him update on that front when he is ready. All I know is that he had to buy a new souped-up desktop to cope with the java work Wink

e1ghtSpace has produced a how-to-mine video for YouTube to help anyone who wants to solo mine SPR.

Coins101 has retained a PR guy who has had crypto articles published. We should be able to get something in cointelegraph and possibly coindesk. It takes about two weeks from making contact to getting something printed. No guarantees the media will take a story, but at least we can get something written and sent to the right people - waiting for the new ANN and dev report on road map before we do anything.

I was a little busy last week contributing to the DASH proposals to add decentralised MN voting before it was made public. I think the central concept of adding MN voting is pretty good. Something SPR might want to consider at some point. No need to rush into discussions on this one until it has been voted through or not by the DASH community.

Scamalert Seems to have joined the community and is looking to dust off his GPU.  Nice to see we passed his scam alert test.

defunctec believes he has evidence that Mr.Spread is still actively developing because some of his known wallets have been active recently.  (Not overly confident about this; and given the steps we are taking to move the project forward I'm not that fussed - it would be good to have him back, but there are plans to move the project forward if he has done a Satoshi ).

Other news

* A couple of other projects have indicated a desire to work with SPR. When the dev team have the time to consider these possible options, I'm sure we will find out more about which other projects SPR could work with and why.

* The branding has been raised as needing a review at some point. No need to consider this in the near term, 3-6 months, IMO.

Have I missed anyone or anything?

Is there something you don't like, or think is wrong with the update?

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 03:05:45 PM

***Mini Update***

* Price Bump

The Elephant in the room is the recent bump in the price. Out of nowhere we have a new Nr.1 Wallet with 180k SPR.

Quite a few people that decided to head for the exit when Mr.Spread went MIA probably ended up giving their coins away to Nr.1.

The coins have been there for the taking since Feb 14, so no grumbles from any corners, please.

Interestingly, the Nr.2 and Nr.3 wallets have also been very active.

The distribution has changed a little in under two weeks. The top 10 wallets went up from 24% to 30%.

* Devs

For those that don't know him, he played a huge part in making Darkcoin successful during its early days, and he still helps out.  It will be interesting to watch him get stuck into SpreadX11 mining code, and the servicenodes.

gjhiggins is taking a step back due to other commitments, but will pitch in when he can.

Gerogem will hopefully be providing a meaty update next week on project and dev road map. But as is always the case, it will be ready when its ready. There is plenty to do in so many other areas.

Stonehedge has now joined the team and is already making huge contributions in the background. Hopefully something rather special can be reported back on this in mid May.

A-Russo is busy building an android app for SPR. I'll let him update on that front when he is ready. All I know is that he had to buy a new souped-up desktop to cope with the java work Wink

e1ghtSpace has produced a how-to-mine video for YouTube to help anyone who wants to solo mine SPR.

Coins101 has retained a PR guy who has had crypto articles published. We should be able to get something in cointelegraph and possibly coindesk. It takes about two weeks from making contact to getting something printed. No guarantees the media will take a story, but at least we can get something written and sent to the right people - waiting for the new ANN and dev report on road map before we do anything.

I was a little busy last week contributing to the DASH proposals to add decentralised MN voting before it was made public. I think the central concept of adding MN voting is pretty good. Something SPR might want to consider at some point. No need to rush into discussions on this one until it has been voted through or not by the DASH community.

Scamalert Seems to have joined the community and is looking to dust off his GPU.  Nice to see we passed his scam alert test.

defunctec believes he has evidence that Mr.Spread is still actively developing because some of his known wallets have been active recently.  (Not overly confident about this; and given the steps we are taking to move the project forward I'm not that fussed - it would be good to have him back, but there are plans to move the project forward if he has done a Satoshi ).

Other news

* A couple of other projects have indicated a desire to work with SPR. When the dev team have the time to consider these possible options, I'm sure we will find out more about which other projects SPR could work with and why.

* The branding has been raised as needing a review at some point. No need to consider this in the near term, 3-6 months, IMO.

Have I missed anyone or anything?

Is there something you don't like, or think is wrong with the update?

quite complete in my opinion ...

good work Smiley ...

#crysx

just2laff

Activity: 96

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 04:01:18 PM

For those that don't know him, he played a huge part in making Darkcoin successful during its early days, and he still helps out.  It will be interesting to watch him get stuck into SpreadX11 mining code, and the servicenodes.

Scamalert Seems to have joined the community and is looking to dust off his GPU.  Nice to see we passed his scam alert test.

defunctec believes he has evidence that Mr.Spread is still actively developing because some of his known wallets have been active recently.  (Not overly confident about this; and given the steps we are taking to move the project forward I'm not that fussed - it would be good to have him back, but there are plans to move the project forward if he has done a Satoshi ).

THIS is evidence of a coming "thing".  There are only 2 projects I have found recently that are worthy of a "long term" investment.  nVidia 750ti mining this one is brilliant (Windows).  I haven't tried my AMD machines, so I can't say.  "POOL" mining is not what "we" want (referencing my contacts, who shall remain nameless and formless).  OCminer has created a standard pool, and I'm willing to bet that he has found a way to make his work.  He is the master of these.  But why??  My hash rate is more than his pool.  And my "accept rate" is better than published?  Solo is the only way acceptable for this coin, AS DESIGNED, and just because you CAN break it is moot.

I love the direction this is going.  My opinions are obviously my own, and there will be no reply to this.  I'll just go back to watching.....
AnotherNode

Activity: 178

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:55:32 PM

Good update.

Welcome Nr.1

pookielax31

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:51:45 PM

Great Mini Update
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 08:16:33 PM

Also, think about your wallet security, now you've shown everyone your private key  Tongue

Edit:
What do you mean links to download areas?  Like, the website(s)? (I added them now)
I can put annotations with download links to the wallet and miners on the screen if you want.

Good video.

You need to read up on private keys and why you shouldn't share them with anyone. It's good for this video to show the process, but you might lose your coins if you're not careful - empty your wallet to bittrex and import them back once you have read: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Private_key

Also, some might not know they need an updated driver. Maybe add, check you have the latest driver by using http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool
Wait, so that private key is mathematically related to the other address's private keys?
Ok i'll add that link.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 08:47:20 PM

We all know what's happening, someone is pumping the price so that they can have a more profitable dump.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:14:39 PM

We all know what's happening, someone is pumping the price so that they can have a more profitable dump.

If you don't put your coins up for sale, you won't lose them  Wink

Whats to say the recent big buy orders weren't longer-term investors? Creating a Nr.1 wallet, for example, is not the sort of thing day traders do if they want to remain hidden in the background waiting for an opportunity to dump and run.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 10:28:08 PM

If you don't put your coins up for sale, you won't lose them  Wink

I don't have any, and I want some. Smiley
Well I do have that 600.
jjjordan

Activity: 271
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:59:01 PM

Edit:

Good video.

Wait, so that private key is mathematically related to the other address's private keys?
Ok i'll add that link.
Wait, what?!
So if I have 10 addys and one's private key's compromised the others are in jeopardy too?
Or even if they are not they are "mathematically related"? Where did you get this from?
tontorus

Activity: 204

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:59:45 PM

Hello. Where can I download AMD GPU miner? All links are dead Embarrassed
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 11:03:15 PM

Edit:

Good video.

Ok i'll add that link.
Wait, what?!
So if I have 10 addys and one's private key's compromised the others are in jeopardy too?
Or even if they are not they are "mathematically related"? Where did you get this from?
Are you asking me or coins101 because I got that from him.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 11:23:10 PM

Edit:

Good video.

Ok i'll add that link.
Wait, what?!
Are you asking me or coins101 because I got that from him.

Each private key is linked to one public address. A lot of people recycle the same public address.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlyAOXknGqM 
Pages: « 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: