Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:15:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 08:03:06 PM

Hmm.

http://eprint.iacr.org/2013/784.pdf “Secure Multiparty Computations on Bitcoin”

Cheers

Graham

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 10:41:10 PM

Hmm.

Cheers

Graham

Do you know if that is like Zennet?
They are trying to create a supercomputer out of all of the peers connected to the blockchain. (I think)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 11:49:10 PM

Hmm.

Cheers

Graham

They are trying to create a supercomputer out of all of the peers connected to the blockchain. (I think)

so basically - SETI ( which we helped process and was #1 for a for years in australia ) on a blockchain ...

nice ...

#crysx

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 12:14:16 AM

Hmm.

Cheers

Graham

Sorry, I should have provided more info. I'm trying to brush away the cobwebs and get a clear view of a path to an implementation. The reference is from the bitcoin wiki entry for Contracts which gives some accessible background:

Using some of the techniques from example 6 and some very advanced scripting, it becomes possible to build a multi-party lottery with no operator. The exact protocol used is explained in the paper "Secure multiparty computations on Bitcoin".

and the authors of the paper observe:

... drawback of the MPCs is rarely mentioned in the literature as it seems obvious that in most of the real-life applications cryptography cannot be “responsible” for controlling that the users provide the “real” input to the protocol and that they respect the output.

My current focus is on understanding the different approaches to resolving this discontinuity, i.e. formally describing the components, conditions and sequencing of a transaction using the language of the protocol in a way that allows the transaction to be autonomously executed if specified and verifiable conditions are met/not met.

I have a feeling that the critical enabling technology for B3 is “dealer-less threshold cryptography”. It's a bit of a holy grail, so that sounds about right in that if it was easy, we'd already be knee-deep in it. Which we ain't, so it isn't. But it's crucial and we ain't got it, so that means not just “not easy” but “damn tough”.

gmaxwell nails it: “Without a dealerless protocol I consider threshold signatures to be of fairly little value. If you have a trusted dealer to initially create the key material then you can simply keep the key in that dealer.”

If anyone's singing along at home ... the Contracts wiki page naturally leads on to gmaxwell's Zero Knowledge Contingent Payment which covers yet more of the issues (the SCIPR team have indeed open-sourced the code).

So no, I don't consider it specifically related to Zennet's approach.

Cheers

Graham

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:42:24 AM

I was going to wait to speak to the devs, but what the hell - you hard core miners might be interested in joining an IRC chat on this one.

I have had a short exchange with Sy, a moderator from Litecointalk. He seems a pretty decent chap.

He operates a mining monitor which might be quite useful for anyone with lots of solo mining machines.

He is open to discussions about adapting his cgmining monitoring software to run on sgminer / SpreadX11.

From what I can tell, its pretty good value, 1 LTC (that might change if he does something for Spreadcoin). Looking up his Litecointalk page, he hosts the software and it pulls information from your miner. You then view the status of your miners online under your account.

If your miners have any issues, you get sent an email  Cool

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=4011.0

The IRC chat is to just discuss the possibility of using the monitoring software, what might be involved from his end and for him to gauge any interest.

I suppose if he does anything, he might end up doing it for any x11 coin, which would make more sense for him from a financial perspective.

Out of courtesy for his offer to host an IRC session this week, I will contact Sy and suggest an IRC session on Monday (he switches off from work mode at weekends, apparently).

9pm GMT

how does that suit anyone that wants to participate?
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 12:54:01 AM

I was going to wait to speak to the devs, but what the hell - you hard core miners might be interested in joining an IRC chat on this one.

I have had a short exchange with Sy, a moderator from Litecointalk. He seems a pretty decent chap.

He operates a mining monitor which might be quite useful for anyone with lots of solo mining machines.

He is open to discussions about adapting his cgmining monitoring software to run on sgminer / SpreadX11.

From what I can tell, its pretty good value, 1 LTC (that might change if he does something for Spreadcoin). Looking up his Litecointalk page, he hosts the software and it pulls information from your miner. You then view the status of your miners online under your account.

If your miners have any issues, you get sent an email  Cool

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=4011.0

The IRC chat is to just discuss the possibility of using the monitoring software, what might be involved from his end and for him to gauge any interest.

I suppose if he does anything, he might end up doing it for any x11 coin, which would make more sense for him from a financial perspective.

Out of courtesy for his offer to host an IRC session this week, I will contact Sy and suggest an IRC session on Monday (he switches off from work mode at weekends, apparently).

9pm GMT

how does that suit anyone that wants to participate?

happy to join if time and timezones permit ...

would luv to see this work with ccminer ( spreadminer ) also ...

#crysx

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 09:01:37 AM

@crysx

What GMT time suits you?
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 09:16:44 AM

@crysx

What GMT time suits you?

preferable if during the mid day for me ... but that also depends on what jobs i have on ...

but more than likely 1200 midday adelaide time ...

that may throw everyone off - as there doesnt seem to be many australians here ...

#crysx

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 09:50:17 AM

@crysx

What GMT time suits you?

preferable if during the mid day for me ... but that also depends on what jobs i have on ...

that may throw everyone off - as there doesnt seem to be many australians here ...

#crysx

There are only about 20m of you in Australia Wink
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 09:58:11 AM

@crysx

What GMT time suits you?

#crysx

hahaha ... and only a few of us that have any REAL interest in crypto ...

Cheesy ...

#crysx

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 10:02:29 AM

@crysx

What GMT time suits you?

#crysx

Cheesy ...

#crysx

The population of the metropolitan area of London is about 10m.  I feel incredibly jealous of the space you guys must have. Ok, a lot of it is desert but thats better than urban sprawl  Embarrassed
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 10:11:37 AM

@crysx

What GMT time suits you?

#crysx

Cheesy ...

#crysx

The population of the metropolitan area of London is about 10m.  I feel incredibly jealous of the space you guys must have. Ok, a lot of it is desert but thats better than urban sprawl  Embarrassed

hehehe ... believe it or not - the desert is actually no where near the cities and urban sprawl Smiley ...

most of it is in the heart of australia ... with all the kangaroos and wallabies and wildlife and flora ... its really not like you see in teh movies ... unless you travel deep into australia itself ...

the cities are gorgeous ( sydney especially - where im from ) and i will agree that we do have a great deal of space compared to most other cities in the world ...

someone should win lotto and pay for everyone to come here and stay for a week ... meeting all you guys and gals would be awesome ...

#crysx

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 10:12:48 AM

@crysx

What GMT time suits you?

#crysx

Cheesy ...

#crysx

hehehe ... believe it or not - the desert is actually no where near the cities and urban sprawl Smiley ...

most of it is in the heart of australia ... with all the kangaroos and wallabies and wildlife and flora ... its really not like you see in teh movies ... unless you travel deep into australia itself ...

the cities are gorgeous ( sydney especially - where im from ) and i will agree that we do have a great deal of space compared to most other cities in the world ...

someone should win lotto and pay for everyone to come here and stay for a week ... meeting all you guys and gals would be awesome ...

#crysx

I can imagine the logistics of building a city in the Australian interior would be quite tricky Cheesy
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 10:19:01 AM

@crysx

What GMT time suits you?

#crysx

Cheesy ...

#crysx

#crysx

I can imagine the logistics of building a city in the Australian interior would be quite tricky Cheesy

you bet ...

but believe me ... if the usa can do it with vegas ... we can too ...

we just too damn broke as a country to try ... hehehe ...

#crysx

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 10:28:52 AM

@crysx

What GMT time suits you?

#crysx

Cheesy ...

#crysx

The population of the metropolitan area of London is about 10m.  I feel incredibly jealous of the space you guys must have. Ok, a lot of it is desert but thats better than urban sprawl  Embarrassed

#crysx

you bet ...

#crysx

Snakes and spiders >>>>>

Thats me out.  I prefer my predators to be big enough to shoot from several hundred metres away Wink
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 10:35:19 AM

@crysx

What GMT time suits you?

#crysx

Cheesy ...

#crysx

The population of the metropolitan area of London is about 10m.  I feel incredibly jealous of the space you guys must have. Ok, a lot of it is desert but thats better than urban sprawl  Embarrassed

#crysx

you bet ...

#crysx

Snakes and spiders >>>>>

Thats me out.  I prefer my predators to be big enough to shoot from several hundred metres away Wink
The movies make that out to be worse than it is. I have never seen a snake but when I do go bike riding I hear something like a snake in the bushes next to the path. But that only happenes when it is really dark, when I can hardly see the path in front of me. Smiley
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 10:40:18 AM

@crysx

What GMT time suits you?

#crysx

Cheesy ...

#crysx

#crysx

you bet ...

#crysx

Snakes and spiders >>>>>

The movies make that out to be worse than it is. I have never seen a snake but when I do go bike riding I hear something like a snake in the bushes next to the path. But that only happenes when it is really dark, when I can hardly see the path in front of me. Smiley

lots of spiders - not many snakes ... SOOO many imbeciles ...

oops - i really need to stop talking about adelaide drivers like this ...

awww - what the hell ... the truth never hurt anyone ... much Wink ...

#crysx

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 10:48:25 AM

@crysx

What GMT time suits you?

#crysx

Cheesy ...

#crysx

#crysx

you bet ...

#crysx

Snakes and spiders >>>>>

#crysx
This conversation reminds me of when my uncle came over and we told him we see koalas and rabbits all the time. He didn't believe us... Untill a rabbit hopped up our street. Although my uncle was drunk so he probably forgot about it. :|
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 10:50:47 AM

@crysx

What GMT time suits you?

#crysx

Cheesy ...

#crysx

#crysx

you bet ...

#crysx

Snakes and spiders >>>>>

#crysx
This conversation reminds me of when my uncle came over and we told him we see koalas and rabbits all the time. He didn't believe us... Untill a rabbit hopped up our street. Although my uncle was drunk so he probably forgot about it. :|

so true ... where are you located mate? ...

you may have told me once before - but forgetful is what i am ...

im really good like that Wink ...

#crysx

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 10:52:33 AM

Annybody  got ann idea if we are going to hear annything in the next day or two?  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: