Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:48:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Checkcoin] Explore the world using Checkcoin [PR PHASE]  (Read 237611 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kishan889

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:15:27 AM

I have two questions :

-Would it be technically possible to implement Bitcoin on the Checkcoin infrastructure?
-Would you be able to set "private checkpoints" ? Say I wanted to set a checkpoint only for a specific person or mobile phone, can you either password/encrypt the checkpoint or only share the checkpoint specifically to that person instead of publicly?

I see a lot of potential, especially for commercial purposes. Stores could reward you for coming to them, it's like a direct reward advertising system. In this day and age brick and mortar stores suffer revenue loss because people shop online. So a way of enticing customers to visit could be very valuable. Build a mobile app that converts Checkcoin to fiat and you have a winner, you could impose a minimum time for the checkcoins to be paid out, as to "force" customers to browse your store (or link checkcoins to a specific product etc) Also build a minimum interval between checkcoin payments, so that you won't get people loitering your store for days on end.

If this is well executed it will be a linking pin between cryptocurrency, advertising and true real world applications.

Have you guys been advertising outside the cryptocurrency realm? This project looks like it could attract some venture capital

This basically could cause a "million dollar homepage" like hype if it's done right. (for anyone unfamiliar with the million dollar homepage see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Million_Dollar_Homepage )

Best of luck to you sirs

nice  Shocked
BitsendInc (OP)

Activity: 227

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 10:45:46 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 10:56:44 AM by BitsendInc

I have two questions :

-Would it be technically possible to implement Bitcoin on the Checkcoin infrastructure?
-Would you be able to set "private checkpoints" ? Say I wanted to set a checkpoint only for a specific person or mobile phone, can you either password/encrypt the checkpoint or only share the checkpoint specifically to that person instead of publicly?

I see a lot of potential, especially for commercial purposes. Stores could reward you for coming to them, it's like a direct reward advertising system. In this day and age brick and mortar stores suffer revenue loss because people shop online. So a way of attracting customers to visit could be very valuable. Build a mobile app that converts Checkcoin to fiat and you have a winner, you could impose a minimum time for the checkcoins to be paid out, as to "force" customers to browse your store (or link checkcoins to a specific product etc) Also build a minimum interval between checkcoin payments, so that you won't get people loitering your store for days on end.

If this is well executed it will be a linking pin between cryptocurrency, advertising and true real world applications.

Have you guys been advertising outside the cryptocurrency realm? This project looks like it could attract some venture capital

This basically could cause a "million dollar homepage" like hype if it's done right. (for anyone unfamiliar with the million dollar homepage see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Million_Dollar_Homepage )

Best of luck to you sirs

First of all, we would like to thank you for your imput. I think you have a very clear image of what Checkcoin will be all about.

This is exactly how we came up with project Checkcoin. BitSend (our company) focusses on bringing cryptocurrency to the people. By setting up bitcoin ATM's in citycenters we have created several "bitcoin zones" in the Netherlands. After this is done, we focus on helping businesses to accept Bitcoin using different hardware and software solutions.

A lot of business owners are expeting alot of new customers after they started accepting Bitcoin. Unfortunatly, in most cases this does not happen because there is no real reason as to why customers should start using it as a method of payment. Why pay with cryptocurrency if you can just pay with FIAT?

We then started thinking about different ways to attract new customers to shops and introducing cryptocurrency to the people. Checkcoin will do exactly that. Store owners can set up checkpoints in their stores and reward new visitors with checkcoins on their first visit, or offer a discount when paying with Checkcoin. As for company's in the Netherlands, we will help the first store owners set up, it will just work.
hitchcoin

Activity: 326

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:01:21 AM

I have two questions :

I see a lot of potential, especially for commercial purposes. Stores could reward you for coming to them, it's like a direct reward advertising system. In this day and age brick and mortar stores suffer revenue loss because people shop online. So a way of enticing customers to visit could be very valuable. Build a mobile app that converts Checkcoin to fiat and you have a winner, you could impose a minimum time for the checkcoins to be paid out, as to "force" customers to browse your store (or link checkcoins to a specific product etc) Also build a minimum interval between checkcoin payments, so that you won't get people loitering your store for days on end.

Best of luck to you sirs

nice  Shocked

Finally someone who gets it. i Don't Think people understand the potential checkcoin has  Cheesy
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:04:51 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 11:19:17 AM by SpringfieldM1A

I have two questions :

I see a lot of potential, especially for commercial purposes. Stores could reward you for coming to them, it's like a direct reward advertising system. In this day and age brick and mortar stores suffer revenue loss because people shop online. So a way of attracting customers to visit could be very valuable. Build a mobile app that converts Checkcoin to fiat and you have a winner, you could impose a minimum time for the checkcoins to be paid out, as to "force" customers to browse your store (or link checkcoins to a specific product etc) Also build a minimum interval between checkcoin payments, so that you won't get people loitering your store for days on end.

Best of luck to you sirs

First of all, we would like to thank you for your imput. I think you have a very clear image of what Checkcoin will be all about.

This is exactly how we came up with project Checkcoin. BitSend (our company) focusses on bringing cryptocurrency to the people. By setting up bitcoin ATM's in citycenters we have created several "bitcoin zones" in the Netherlands. After this is done, we focus on helping businesses to accept Bitcoin using different hardware and software solutions.

A lot of business owners are expeting alot of new customers after they started accepting Bitcoin. Unfortunatly, in most cases this does not happen because there is no real reason as to why customers should start using it as a method of payment. Why pay with cryptocurrency if you can just pay with FIAT?

We then started thinking about different ways to attract new customers to shops and introducing cryptocurrency to the people. Checkcoin will do exactly that. Store owners can set up checkpoints in their stores and reward new visitors with checkcoins on their first visit, or offer a discount when paying with Checkcoin. As for company's in the Netherlands, we will help the first store owners set up, it will just work.

Thank you for your reply. I think you are developing something that is essential to facilitate widespread adoption of cryptocurrencies; a true incentive for people to get involved with crypto. In this Western world,  people are mostly motivated by discounts or financial gains in any shape or form. These prospects will expose people to crypto with the help of checkcoin, where the adoption of crypto is essentially a byproduct of your business model but a very important one.

I envision a future where established shops in The Netherlands that are tech oriented (like Coolblue or Mycom for example) entice people to come into their stores to buy products, because they are offered an "in store discount" with checkcoins. Companies should start calculating what their overhead is for shipping and advertisement costs. The in store credit costs are likely less than those, and the extra generated revenue by sales could offset initial investment in the checkcoin infrastructure even more.

I normally don't invest in ICO's out of principle, but I made an exception for your offering because I truly think it has a future.

Regarding my two questions, could you elaborate on those?
BitsendInc (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:14:07 PM

Would it be technically possible to implement Bitcoin on the Checkcoin infrastructure?

For now, our software will only support Checkcoin. But yes, we could definatly change it so that other cryptocurrencies can also be used. this would definatly be possible. We believe that Bitcoin is here to stay. However, we feel that it would only be fair to early ICO investors if we keep it a Checkcoin exclusive at first Smiley

Would you be able to set "private checkpoints" ? Say I wanted to set a checkpoint only for a specific person or mobile phone, can you either password/encrypt the checkpoint or only share the checkpoint specifically to that person instead of publicly?

Yes. We are currently testing different ways to secure and protect private checkpoints.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:28:39 PM

when ipo will end?

do we have a end time
or until all coins been sold out?

+1
BitsendInc (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:19:54 PM

when ipo will end?

do we have a end time
or until all coins been sold out?

+1

Our ICO will be hosted by C-CEX for one month or untill all checkcoins are sold. In case there are any coins left they will publicly be destroyed by C-CEX admins.
SpringfieldM1A

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:27:36 PM

Would it be technically possible to implement Bitcoin on the Checkcoin infrastructure?

For now, our software will only support Checkcoin. But yes, we could definatly change it so that other cryptocurrencies can also be used. this would definatly be possible. We believe that Bitcoin is here to stay. However, we feel that it would only be fair to early ICO investors if we keep it a Checkcoin exclusive at first Smiley

Would you be able to set "private checkpoints" ? Say I wanted to set a checkpoint only for a specific person or mobile phone, can you either password/encrypt the checkpoint or only share the checkpoint specifically to that person instead of publicly?

Yes. We are currently testing different ways to secure and protect private checkpoints.

Thanks for your reply. Excellent, that is what I wanted to know. I've invested and will keep a close watch. If you guys pull this off, it will be as groundbreaking as facebook.
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:04:03 PM

Just saw this today. I had an idea for a geolocation coin about a month ago and posted on the NXT forum so it's quite funny and pleasurable to see this idea brought to life. Just searching more on this thread to see if it's the real deal, then i'm in.
BitsendInc (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:10:53 PM

Thanks for your reply. Excellent, that is what I wanted to know. I've invested and will keep a close watch. If you guys pull this off, it will be as groundbreaking as facebook.

Thank you for your kind words. I hope your right!
BitsendInc (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:12:13 PM

Just saw this today. I had an idea for a geolocation coin about a month ago and posted on the NXT forum so it's quite funny and pleasurable to see this idea brought to life. Just searching more on this thread to see if it's the real deal, then i'm in.

Welcome! If you have any questions about Checkcoin or Bitsend we are more then happy to answer them.
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:31:18 AM

I really support this project but I'm concerned about the lack of interest and volume at C-Cex for the ICO, are you spreading the word and promoting this project elsewhere? What if the necessary funds are not raised? would you still continue with the project?
BitsendInc (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:18:03 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 09:36:00 AM by BitsendInc

I really support this project but I'm concerned about the lack of interest and volume at C-Cex for the ICO, are you spreading the word and promoting this project elsewhere? What if the necessary funds are not raised? would you still continue with the project?

Our company currently has one FTO working on marketing our ICO. Funds raised by our ICO will be used for development, testing, patents, marketing, startup and running a helpdesk. We also plan to introduce Checkcoin to our current clients and new businesses.

If the required funds to cover all of these costs are not raised we can still continue our project since we are a running company and love to invest in new projects. We believe that Checkcoin is here to stay and do not solely rely on our ICO to succeed. It will just take more time.
sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:42:38 AM

Will the devs be providing "Proof of Developer"?
http://cryptoasian.com/coin-list/
sdersdf2

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:43:53 AM

This team is backed by a known registered Dutch Company (Bitsend), they are not anonymous and are very open for discloser...you can call their offices and speak with them.

Then they should have no trouble at all providing Proof of Developer, no? Am I missing something?
hitchcoin

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:08:23 PM

This team is backed by a known registered Dutch Company (Bitsend), they are not anonymous and are very open for discloser...you can call their offices and speak with them.

Then they should have no trouble at all providing Proof of Developer, no? Am I missing something?

Proof of Company > Proof of Development. Do your own research, heck......... give them all call if you are having trust issues...
sdersdf2

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:15:55 PM

Proof of Company > Proof of Development. Do your own research, heck......... give them all call if you are having trust issues...

Trust issues - anyone who doesn't have trust issues after the past couple months of crypto hasnt been paying attention. Have any verified identities been provided, even to a third party? If Proof of Dev is no big deal, why not provide one for the lead dev?
BitsendInc (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:14:22 PM

Checkcoin devs, have revealed their business registration, passports,drivers ID and numerous pictures of their business and plans prior to the Pre sale listing on C-CEX. I will vouch for this team, but as always do your own research before investing.

To answer some of your questions:

I will start by quoting our good friends from C-CEX and letting you all know that there is no way to host an IPO without going trough a Proof of Developer check first. We have provided them with all the information they required about the Checkcoin development team and our company.

We understand that due to certain events that took place in the altcoin market some people might be a bit skeptic at first but do not feel like posting our ID's and passport information on public forums like bitcointalk.

In addition we would like you all to understand that we have absolutely nothing to hide and we will always remain as transparent as possible. We've added some more information about our company in the first post of this thread. We are a registered at the Chamber of Commerce (www.kamervankoophandel.nl). You can visit this website and learn more about our business and who we are. If you require very detailed information about our company you can pay a small fee and receive a spreadsheet of our company's history and owners.

TLDR:

BitSend is registered with the Chamber of Commerce of Netherlands (Kamer van Koophandel Nederland).

BitSend V.O.F.
Chamber of Commerce: 60738707 Lelystad
VAT No: NL8231.81.352.B01

Hopefully this will take away any doubt you might have left. Checkcoin is real and here to stay.

BitSend
hitchcoin

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:11:35 PM

People on c-CEX saying you have signed a Partnership with Flitsmeister. Can you confirm this?
SpringfieldM1A

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:23:49 PM

People on c-CEX saying you have signed a Partnership with Flitsmeister. Can you confirm this?

Update

We are very happy to announce that we are going to work together with a Dutch company Flitsmeister. They will be helping us when it comes to our GPS featured software.

Flitsmeister is among one of the best application software companies in the Netherlands, they specialize in many GPS and geolocation features. The Flitsmeister app has been succesfully used by thousands of Dutch citizens for years.

For the people that don't know Flitsmeister, you can find their well known mobile app over here:

https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/flitsmeister-verkeersinformatie/id354936286?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.flitsmeister&hl=nl_NL

more info: www.flitsmeister.nl

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: