Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:40:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Checkcoin] Explore the world using Checkcoin [PR PHASE]  (Read 237611 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:01:58 AM

The main questions I'd have for the devs, which others have brought up too, is why do you assume if the ico is extended that it will make any real difference? Do you plan a marketing campaign or something?

And if not extended, why do you assume you can raise the funds on your own?

I'd need to see definite answers before putting any real money into this.

Since it'll be like 5-6 months or so before a working checkcoin is released, assuming you find the funding somewhere, you probably would have been better off going with something like the Nem model instead ... cheap stakes, put a max per person, and just get by with whatever sums are brought in. At the very least, I would expect the coin would have gotten a ton more exposure than it has.
n3rfherder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:10:59 AM

As a early investor I do have to agree with most people here.

If the ICO goes on it only hurts those who currently hold and you would seemingly be faced with a ton of demands for refunds.

Looks to me that B is the less stressful path for everyone.
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:58:33 AM

The plan was, and is still, to delete the remaining ICO coins at C-CEX and Bitsend don't need them to develop CKC...
I don't see why any change should be made.

Changing the plans as this point will not build trust, no matter the pressure from the community.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:37:04 AM

Since I see nothing that proves the contrary, I assume that the ICO will end tomorrow.
Let's see how trustworthy the POD 5+ will turn out to be.
Tony Lane

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Ubermaster

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:22:57 AM

I would want a full refund of my 0.5BTC if the ICO was extended any further on C-Cex.

On the other hand I am happy to stay onboard once I know exactly what I'm signing up to. Specifically, I would be looking for the following:

1. A full-Time Dedicated Community Manager in place focused on Twitter, IRC and Bitcointalk.
2. A clear marketing strategy, including giveaways that can be redeemed for goods and services to the general, non-tech savvy public.
3. A dated, detailed real-world roadmap for rollout including introduction of iOS and Android wallets/apps
4. More CKC given to early adopters such for taking a continued risk*

*Point 4 is optional, but would be very much appreciated.

T

Work in progress Smiley

With all due respect, crypto is a vicious sharkpit. Saying that CKC is a work in progress and hoping for the best is like dipping a towel in blood, tossing it in the water and thinking life is good.

Point taken! Realize though that CKC is a work in progress. There's a lot of people that have been working hard on getting Checkcoin to where it is now. This does not happen by sitting around and hoping for the best. We have not yet talked to C-CEX about extending our ICO. If this is something the people want, we will introduce a refund policy that will allow you to get a full refund of your BTC.

Hope you'll stay on board.

I’ve had some time to think about this overnight and my previous Shark / Blood comment was a little OTT. I know where it came from though. Frustration. Apologies.

A look over at C-Cex will show you that a new ICO has started with Darktoken (https://c-cex.com/?p=dt-btc), at precisely the same price as CKC, 1000 sats. It’s eating through BTC like it’s going out of fashion. The problem here is that this is another day, another P&D shitcoin. Sigh!

DT has a 24-72 hour lifespan after it starts trading before it’s dumped and bobbing up and down between 100-200 sats before it slowly dies. I know it, everyone knows it. Its code is even lifted directly from Icebergcoin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=785420.msg8856391#msg8856391

What does this prove? That Crypto is short-sided and riddled with scammers and whales who basically control the market. They’ll be another coin just like DT out in a few days which everyone will jump on again.

Checkcoin IS NOT a P&D or a scam. I believe 100% in what you guys are trying to create here, and feel there is the potential for CKC to reach 1:1 with either the dollar or Euro, perhaps even further, but I feel you have fatally misjudged the steps between launching and scheduled intended PR.

I am happy to talk more about this in detail. My only interest is my own personal investment and a wish to see a quality coin succeed in a sea of steaming shit. @crypticious

❚ ❙ ❘                  ❘ ❙ ❚ P H O R E ❚ ❙ ❘                   ❘ ❙ ❚
Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:25:05 PM

I’ve had some time to think about this overnight and my previous Shark / Blood comment was a little OTT. I know where it came from though. Frustration. Apologies.

A look over at C-Cex will show you that a new ICO has started with Darktoken (https://c-cex.com/?p=dt-btc), at precisely the same price as CKC, 1000 sats. It’s eating through BTC like it’s going out of fashion. The problem here is that this is another day, another P&D shitcoin. Sigh!

DT has a 24-72 hour lifespan after it starts trading before it’s dumped and bobbing up and down between 100-200 sats before it slowly dies. I know it, everyone knows it. Its code is even lifted directly from Icebergcoin:

What does this prove? That Crypto is short-sided and riddled with scammers and whales who basically control the market. They’ll be another coin just like DT out in a few days which everyone will jump on again.

Checkcoin IS NOT a P&D or a scam. I believe 100% in what you guys are trying to create here, and feel there is the potential for CKC to reach 1:1 with either the dollar or Euro, perhaps even further, but I feel you have fatally misjudged the steps between launching and scheduled intended PR.

I am happy to talk more about this in detail. My only interest is my own personal investment and a wish to see a quality coin succeed in a sea of steaming shit. @crypticious
I can see that you're definitely not new to this crypto wild west. Got a good view of the scene as it is nowadays imo. This isn't your first account here at BCT, isn't it?
BitsendInc (OP)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:09:39 PM

Dear investors,

Thank you for all of your input. This is exactly why we decided not to make this call on our own and share both roadmaps with our community. We have been going over every e-mail, pm and post and would like to you all to know that we have come to a decision.

Our ICO will end tomorrow on the 18th of september at 24:00 GMT +1.

This means we will be following roadmap B (see: http://bitsend.nl/checkcoin) and will add additional company funds for further development, testing and PR in the coming months. The ~20 BTC gathered will help us speed up development and start up a strong PR campaign.

For the record: All remaining Checkcoins will be publicly deleted by C-CEX admins! Also note that we are not able to refund any BTC after our wallets release and CKC hits the public exchanges.

A big thank you to all investors and everybody involved, we look forward to hearing about your first experiences.

Sincerely yours,

Bitsend
hitchcoin

Activity: 326

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:27:01 PM

Dear investors,

Thank you for all of your input. This is exactly why we decided not to make this call on our own and share both roadmaps with our community. We have been going over every e-mail, pm and post and would like to you all to know that we have come to a decision.

This means we will be following roadmap B (see: http://bitsend.nl/checkcoin) and will add additional company funds for further development, testing and PR in the coming months. The ~20 BTC gathered will help us speed up development and start up a strong PR campaign.

For the record: All remaining Checkcoins will be publicly deleted by C-CEX admins! Also note that we are not able to refund any BTC after our wallets release and CKC hits the public exchanges.

A big thank you to all investors and everybody involved, we look forward to hearing about your first experiences.

Sincerely yours,

Bitsend

Great call! Let the panic buying begin! (im talking to myself).
CTRLX

Activity: 910
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:44:28 PM

before I invest I would like to know what the number of coins is at release. I understand there will be 100 million coins total in the future (minus the destroyed coins at c-cex should they not sell out) but when Checkcoin goes live, how many coins will there be tradable?

Edit : holy crap only a block reward of 10 coins per block? ok i'm buying now Smiley (still would like an answer to the above question)
susu

Activity: 174

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:53:11 PM

When did you start mining?

CTRLX

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:56:16 PM

When did you start mining?

I just read the block reward in the OP, I don't think you can mine Checkcoin yet. But a block reward of 10 coins per block is a great safeguard for investors. Also if the ICO doesnt sell out there wont be any price manipulating whales (yet) at the start of trading. My guess is that Checkcoin is still under their radar. All in all I did the math and I am buying in.
hitchcoin

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:57:00 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 03:18:15 PM by hitchcoin

CKC ROADMAP BY BITSEND COMPANY

source = www.bitsend.nl/checkcoin
Tony Lane

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Ubermaster

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:13:49 PM

I can see that you're definitely not new to this crypto wild west. Got a good view of the scene as it is nowadays imo. This isn't your first account here at BCT, isn't it?

It is my first and only account. Check me out on Twitter if you want. Tony Lane @crypticious. Add me, I'll add you and we'll continue the conversation if you like. Also, while you're there, check out who I've been favorited by and in conversation with. You can start with today. Otherwise STFU!

Tony

❚ ❙ ❘                  ❘ ❙ ❚ P H O R E ❚ ❙ ❘                   ❘ ❙ ❚
hitchcoin

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:16:59 PM

before I invest I would like to know what the number of coins is at release. I understand there will be 100 million coins total in the future (minus the destroyed coins at c-cex should they not sell out) but when Checkcoin goes live, how many coins will there be tradable?

Edit : holy crap only a block reward of 10 coins per block? ok i'm buying now Smiley (still would like an answer to the above question)

right now it looks like 100M - 12M (destroyed premine) = 88M will be mined. Your right, the block reward is really low. checkcoin is very hard to mine. my guess is the devs did this to promote ckc and force people to go outside and collect it using the geo software.
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:22:01 PM

watching
CTRLX

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:25:53 PM

right now it looks like 100M - 12M (destroyed premine) = 88M will be mined. Your right, the block reward is really low. checkcoin is very hard to mine. my guess is the devs did this to promote ckc and force people to go outside and collect it using the geo software.

Excellent point. It will create an incentive to use the coin as intended and not merely for speculation. Also it will be great for commercial purposes to "lure people into shops" for example.

Edit: Also if indeed only around 2 million coins are sold, as a result there will only be 2 million available for trading in two days from now. That together with a block reward of only 10 coins is truly an excellent starting position for early investors.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 04:18:22 PM

Dear investors,

Sincerely yours,

Bitsend

Good call! Extending the ICO by a whole month would've made some people restless Cheesy I think everyone's just eager to get this show on the road.
Can't wait myself  Grin
Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:55:34 PM

It is my first and only account. Check me out on Twitter if you want. Tony Lane @crypticious. Add me, I'll add you and we'll continue the conversation if you like. Also, while you're there, check out who I've been favorited by and in conversation with. You can start with today. Otherwise STFU!

Tony
I don't feel the need to talk to you, especially after reading the second option.
hitchcoin

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:05:17 PM

people are finally starting to notice what's going on here. big buy orders inc on c-cex. Most likely just people who realised that with 10 mil coins deleted and only 2 mil available for trading they can make quick profit.
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:32:51 PM

people are finally starting to notice what's going on here. big buy orders inc on c-cex. Most likely just people who realised that with 10 mil coins deleted and only 2 mil available for trading they can make quick profit.

Not only quick profit, I am planning to hold long term. I just added 50K CKC to my stash because I truly believe in this project. Frankly, should the price drop after trading goes live I will only buy more. Checkcoin is in essence on par with Bitmark and other groundbreaking platforms. This is going to be big.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: