Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:29:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Presenting the 670-day Bitcoin price cycle  (Read 7895 times)
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:30:19 AM

Well see continued stability until dumbasses outside the BTC choo choo train realize they are late as big players jump in.

This is how it goes every time. Once the train gets going it gets more and more expensive to jump on. We are still refueling and doing engine maintenance IMO. Once we actually leave the station price will be around $800.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Skele

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:59:18 AM

You all should stick to helping bitcoin adoption not only waiting for next bubble, or triying to predict it.
hacknoid (OP)

Activity: 418
Merit: 252

Proud Canuck

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 01:21:06 AM

You all should stick to helping bitcoin adoption not only waiting for next bubble, or triying to predict it.

But it's fun trying to predict the future!   Cheesy

And who says we aren't actively doing something to promote adoption?  I chat it up every chance I get (with merchants and everyone else), and have more than a few projects in the works.  One does not preclude the other.

Relax, and have fun with it. 

BitcoinRunner : Side scroller game powered entirely by Bitcoin! 
Game (alpha): http://hacknoid.ca/bitcoinrunner
Discussion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=907618.0
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:05:20 AM

And who says we aren't actively doing something to promote adoption?  I chat it up every chance I get (with merchants and everyone else), and have more than a few projects in the works.  One does not preclude the other.

Relax, and have fun with it. 

Keep trying to predict and try to see patterns. If the future shows you you're wrong often enough you'll learn to deal with overconfidence in being able to spot patterns any human possesses.
money420weed

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:49:33 AM

It is very difficult to attempt to predict the future. There are many people that try this (financial analysts) and they only make very broad predictions, but they do not have a very good track record. It is very unlikely that you will be able to make these long term of predictions with any level of accuracy. 
sed

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:08:02 AM

Of course, with only two cycles to look at this means almost nothing
^
And you better left it at that.

Would have saved you the time spent on painting those pictures above.

Nah, the pictures made the post!  And FWIW, it *is* spookily similar Smiley  Now we just have to wait 2 more years to see if the prediction is borne out!
Wary

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Who's there?

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:29:03 AM

Cool graph Smiley

As long as everyone takes this for what it is: a nice idea which needs further confirmation.
We get the confirmation!

The small dip in the end of blue line correspond to current dip and happened exactly 670 days ago

And this 670-day period is good fit with risto's "2-year pregnancy" theory.

Fairplay medal of dnaleor's trading simulator. Smiley
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:49:07 AM

Cool graph Smiley

As long as everyone takes this for what it is: a nice idea which needs further confirmation.
We get the confirmation!

The small dip in the end of blue line correspond to current dip and happened exactly 670 days ago

And this 670-day period is good fit with risto's "2-year pregnancy" theory.

That red circle on the blue line is in 2012 and $2 happened in 2011.
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:21:48 AM

You could be on to something there, lets wait and see, but it does look like it has potential.

Who cares if the price moves to fit the chart because the people are buying expecting a chart fulfilled prophecy or if there really is a natural cycle set that would have occurred without people knowing the charts. Either way, things move in cycles in nature all the time, and sometimes the cycle looks too easy to fit because it fits. Sometimes things change when you observe them:p

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
holomen

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 08:52:33 AM

Hacknoid,

Could you extrapolate the graph till current date. Interesting where we are in the cycle now. 
8up

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:47:58 PM

Hacknoid,

Could you extrapolate the graph till current date. Interesting where we are in the cycle now. 

If OP is right. Bubble is about to start from here.

Always wrong until not.
hacknoid (OP)

Activity: 418
Merit: 252

Proud Canuck

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 04:00:56 PM

Well, it's been interesting to watch the price cycle, but just before I post the updated chart to reflect the trends to today, I just wanted to reiterate a few things.

First, I'm not saying this is what will happen.  The price will be what it will be.  But people spend so much time saying stuff to compare year to year, like 365 days is some magic number, when it really doesn't mean much (well, other than it being an Earth year).  Cycles in nature happen all the time, but time periods vary.  Risto's 2-year theory makes a lot of sense to me, and I do think if you objectively look at the trends we are more likely on some sort of longer cycle than one year.  Is it 670 days?  Who knows?

Second, remember this is the speculation subforum. We're always voting on what we think the price will be in a month, a year, 5 years.  Speculation is exactly that.  I hope nobody takes the chart and bets money on it (I wouldn't, although I would be happy for it to pan out like this!)

Anyways, time will tell what price will do.  So many factors involved nobody knows for sure, but let's wait and see.

So, here's the updated chart:

Now some fun  Grin

Comparing the plots, we experienced the same slight downturn at the end of the second (just-ended) cycle that we did at the end of the first cycle.  All three cycles have begun with a more-or-less sideways trend.  I actually thought the rise up about 10 days ago would coincide nicely with when we were "due" for a start to the run-up, but alas, it was not to be.

If you want to use this as a crystal ball, comparing the peaks we are about 79 days from the next peak.  If something like that happens, a run-up can feel free to start any time now, depending on how steep a slope it takes.  Smiley

Cheers

BitcoinRunner : Side scroller game powered entirely by Bitcoin! 
Game (alpha): http://hacknoid.ca/bitcoinrunner
Discussion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=907618.0
SmoothCurves

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:48:27 PM

Well, it's been interesting to watch the price cycle, but just before I post the updated chart to reflect the trends to today, I just wanted to reiterate a few things.

First, I'm not saying this is what will happen.  The price will be what it will be.  But people spend so much time saying stuff to compare year to year, like 365 days is some magic number, when it really doesn't mean much (well, other than it being an Earth year).  Cycles in nature happen all the time, but time periods vary.  Risto's 2-year theory makes a lot of sense to me, and I do think if you objectively look at the trends we are more likely on some sort of longer cycle than one year.  Is it 670 days?  Who knows?

Second, remember this is the speculation subforum. We're always voting on what we think the price will be in a month, a year, 5 years.  Speculation is exactly that.  I hope nobody takes the chart and bets money on it (I wouldn't, although I would be happy for it to pan out like this!)

Anyways, time will tell what price will do.  So many factors involved nobody knows for sure, but let's wait and see.

Now some fun  Grin

Comparing the plots, we experienced the same slight downturn at the end of the second (just-ended) cycle that we did at the end of the first cycle.  All three cycles have begun with a more-or-less sideways trend.  I actually thought the rise up about 10 days ago would coincide nicely with when we were "due" for a start to the run-up, but alas, it was not to be.

If you want to use this as a crystal ball, comparing the peaks we are about 79 days from the next peak.  If something like that happens, a run-up can feel free to start any time now, depending on how steep a slope it takes.  Smiley

Cheers

Thanks for the post. Very interesting. 79 days from today would be February 8th 2015. Now, it could be that we are on a longer cycle this time around...if so - let's multiply 79 days by fib 1.68 and we get a date of April 2 2015.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:41:55 PM

Thanks for the post. Very interesting. 79 days from today would be February 8th 2015. Now, it could be that we are on a longer cycle this time around...if so - let's multiply 79 days by fib 1.68 and we get a date of April 2 2015.

Yes, cycles will exist but it's unlikely the period of these will be constant. Still interesting though Smiley
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:41:09 PM

Given how the price hasn't been falling really hard but more of a back and forth in the recent months/weeks I'd say we are in a stabilizing phase which will slowly but surely end on the upside in the next 80-120 days.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Useli Violent

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:50:08 PM

Now some fun  Grin

Cheers

Very interesting.
Marking post for future reference.

██████████ YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:07:34 PM

Now some fun  Grin

Cheers

Yea this is great we can all get some big time btc or some other crypto.
Cuz in btc goes up all alts go up.

Nice graphic and will keep my eye on this.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

bajlox

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:09:32 PM

Graph is cool and look promising with same pattern.
Hope to see this happen in first quarter of 2015. if graphic is correct and pattern is the same.

keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:54:57 PM

Nice post but Konrad S. Graf should be credited as well as he created the original YoY graphs. www.konradsgraf.com

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:11:15 PM

Not exactly trollish but I think we'll see something like this. First 2 plots seem similar but nothing points to a third one happening in the same manner

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: