Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:30:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertising spam is not allowed  (Read 568686 times)
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 04:43:19 AM

As much as you don't like the saying, but it's true: I don't make the rules, the admins do. I am also not an alt miner, nor a day trader and I often participate in older coins so this rule affects me the least. I may give suggestions to the admins, however, I really don't have a strong opinion against either side and the final descision still goes to theymos.

Sorry for being rude - but doesn't this make you the wrong man for the job in moderating the altcoin forums ?

its like letting a vegetarian moderate a board about sausage specialities...

Don't take it personal ;-)
Nope, I'm just the wrong guy to make rules for said boards. Let's not forget that I still use some and am interested in alts, just more from a theorical side (although I have bought some a while ago and I'm still holding). If you believe that you can do a better job, report posts and you might get asigned as one.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FaSan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 05:05:52 PM

As much as you don't like the saying, but it's true: I don't make the rules, the admins do. I am also not an alt miner, nor a day trader and I often participate in older coins so this rule affects me the least. I may give suggestions to the admins, however, I really don't have a strong opinion against either side and the final descision still goes to theymos.

You are a smart guy that understand alone when it's a SPAM and when it's a GOOD information. You cannot delete all that you find. Rules must to be interpreted and applyed different for every case.

FaSan
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 07:54:24 PM

You are a smart guy that understand alone when it's a SPAM and when it's a GOOD information. You cannot delete all that you find. Rules must to be interpreted and applyed different for every case.

FaSan
That's what I do every time. However, referring to the service, with a clear intent to advertise/promote a service is still prohibited as per the definition of the rule. Also, discussion of individual services is off-topic and should be taken to the main thread of said service, since the coin thread is meant for a discussion about the coin, not websites using them.

SecondsOld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:16:26 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 02:07:32 AM by SecondsOld

FaSan
That's what I do every time. However, referring to the service, with a clear intent to advertise/promote a service is still prohibited as per the definition of the rule. Also, discussion of individual services is off-topic and should be taken to the main thread of said service, since the coin thread is meant for a discussion about the coin, not websites using them.

Got it, so as long as we don't discuss what the coin can be used for or where it can be used, everything is okay. Roll Eyes

Wait, what's the purpose of a coin again?
minerpools

Activity: 574

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 12:31:53 AM

FaSan

When people are discussing about a coin, they discuss:
1. Mining pools
2. Exchanges
Everything else is secondary, so your reasoning doesn't make any sense and the more you repeat it, the more obvious it becomes.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 01:02:50 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 02:16:14 PM by mprep

You know what, time for a slight policy change:

After consulting and discussing with BadBear, I've decided that it's time to let people discuss a bit more freely about services. Although BadBear's earlier posts hinted that service posts are a "no go" on most cases, after contacting him a couple of days ago, I believe he has changed his thinking, possibly due to the community's opinion and suggestions (told you it would help Grin).

As per this shift, the following type of posts are now allowed in coin threads:

• Posts about block explorers. ("Here is a new block explorer for this coin" type posts)
  • If a service comes up in a disussion and directly related to the coin, it's allowed
  • "We're up" messages for pools (if it's only once per thread)
  • "This exchange added coin" type posts for exchanges (again, if it's only once per thread)

However, said rules only apply to those posts that ARE NOT large, distracting with images, or markup codes (lots of bold and colors) and other traits of an advertisement. If a post is considered an advertisement will be determined on case by case basis.

Post your suggestions and opinions regarding this rule and how it should be improved and it might get implemented.

Support_BetaShareX

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:04:08 PM

After consulting and discussing with BadBear, I've decided that it's time to let people discuss a bit more freely about services. Although BadBear's earlier posts hinted that service posts are a "no go" on most cases, after contacting him a couple of days ago, I believe he has changed his thinking, possibly due to the community's opinion and suggestions (told you it would help Grin).

• Posts about new block explorers. ("Here is a new block explorer for this coin" type posts)
  • If a service comes up in a disussion and directly related to the coin, it's allowed
  • "This exchange added coin" type posts for exchanges (again, if it's only once per thread)

However, said rules only apply to those posts that ARE NOT large, distracting with images, or markup codes (lots of bold and colors) and other traits of an advertisement. If a post is considered an advertisement will be determined on case by case basis.

Post your suggestions and opinions regarding this rule and how it should be improved and it might get implemented.

Thanks. So Our BetaShareX account has been banned yesterday for 5 days, with BetaShare.org account (that has been banned permanently!!) banned and his thread completely REMOVED while we're doin an ICO and we just released our exchange.

Maybe we need to be scammers to have our thread safe on this forum? Smiley
Cannot really catch the point ABOUT DELETING A COIN THREAD. In the Altcoin ANN section. What was wrong with it? Which rule did we broke? Which spam did we made in our OWN thread?

Would you be so kind to unban then our accounts. Seems that our only "offence" it has been about telling coins community we added on our Exchange. And i'm sure we didn't spammed anywhere. Never more than once per thread.

Waiting for a solution about this. Fair should be fair for everyone and everytime, not depending on the morning feelings of someone.

Also i Expect some excuses from the mod which deleted the Thread, cause this is a really unfair, unprofessional behaviour.

Thanks,

waiting for your reply soon.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 02:16:43 PM

• Posts about new block explorers. ("Here is a new block explorer for this coin" type posts)

It's great ! Can we talk about Micky Mouse and Donald Duck ?

• Posts about new block explorers.

What you have smoke when wrote about this ? Trust me it's bad smoke, stop it.

FaSan
Umm, the hell are you talking about?

Thanks. So Our BetaShareX account has been banned yesterday for 5 days, with BetaShare.org account (that has been banned permanently!!) banned and his thread completely REMOVED while we're doin an ICO and we just released our exchange.

Maybe we need to be scammers to have our thread safe on this forum? Smiley
Cannot really catch the point ABOUT DELETING A COIN THREAD. In the Altcoin ANN section. What was wrong with it? Which rule did we broke? Which spam did we made in our OWN thread?

Would you be so kind to unban then our accounts. Seems that our only "offence" it has been about telling coins community we added on our Exchange. And i'm sure we didn't spammed anywhere. Never more than once per thread.

Waiting for a solution about this. Fair should be fair for everyone and everytime, not depending on the morning feelings of someone.

Also i Expect some excuses from the mod which deleted the Thread, cause this is a really unfair, unprofessional behaviour.

Thanks,

waiting for your reply soon.
You were banned by BadBear for ad spam (both under the new and the old policies since your posts in other coin's thread contained images and overall was in the format of an ad). Your second ban was for both ban evasion and continuing further behavior.

I've removed your thread from you current account. If you continue making posts other thatn about your ban, you will get permabanned. Wait till your ban ends on the old account.

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 02:29:54 PM

• Posts about block explorers. ("Here is a new block explorer for this coin" type posts)

Thats good news, we are moving in the right direction.

Thanks

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:29:17 PM

This is reasonable. It actually addresses the problem the original purported to, rather than dropping a nuclear bomb on commerce and discussion. Had this been the first revision, this thread would have been about two posts long.

The next step, In my arrogant opinion, would be to define an advertising policy that actually reflects the size and scope of the community, rather than just the "auction" shit which make advertising a gamble at best and encourages scamming by large schemes. I think you'll find a great many people who do small amounts of business here would be willing to pay for advertising if it were reasonable to do so.
SecondsOld

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:08:47 PM

Ahh, thank you thank you thank you.  These compromises are very reasonable and exactly
what I think everyone has been asking for.  If people are not able to adhere to these
policies, I agree that their posts should be removed.  Justice has been served.  Great decision BCT!
minerpools

Activity: 574

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 04:29:16 PM

These are good news, glad you guys made the right decision.

filipe3x

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 06:23:03 PM

Finally, a wise decision.
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:31:51 AM

I knew you guys had it in ya... somewhere.  Cheesy

These are sane guidelines. Thank you!
rugrats

Activity: 700

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 07:06:46 AM

Well done.
You guys may not believe this, but the change of heart will in fact make the mods and admin here appear stronger.

Edit: Time to unsticky this, no/

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 03:17:15 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 07:19:31 PM by mprep

Well done.
You guys may not believe this, but the change of heart will in fact make the mods and admin here appear stronger.

Edit: Time to unsticky this, no/
Advertisement spam is still not allowed:

luckyboho

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:49:19 PM

I agree with this .Much better to play games without scammers than spammers.
lizzer

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:53:46 PM

omg, thx, finaly peace....
luckyboho

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:46:23 AM

seems to be dying down already...
sq

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 12:35:08 PM

yeah this forum lost so many visitors after they start this anti "advertising" campaign. From 250k visitors per day, they fall to 117k per day... If this trend will continue, they will have around 70k per day till new year.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: