Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:52:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coins Source's TrustIndex | *Original* and *Most Trusted* Developer Vetting  (Read 8943 times)
MultiSig

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:39:32 AM

Some thoughts about this verification.

First of all I initially liked the idea.  I had already posted my info on my website before this even came up.  However the process so far is a little sloppy.

1) I signed up for $30.00 per month.
2) I sent an email to trustindex@coinssource.com with questions
3) The email came back as a form letter response with no answer to my questions
4) My profile on website shows no way to track my verification process
5) CoinsSource.com is a PRIVATE whois registration?!?! and you want my drivers license?

I am about to cancel my subscription as this is looking very half rate.

Judge Crypto

EDIT: Having to fork 30.00 per month just to have someone check this info once is not worth it.  Some reputable site can set something like this up for free as a service.

I'm really liking this Judge Crypto guy. The only way to make it fair is to make it free. I don't mind sending you my drivers license. I mind the exclusion of poor people.  Scamcoin devs now have a massive bankroll.

Money talks, innovation walks. This needs fixing.
judgecrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:40:55 AM

Some thoughts about this verification.

First of all I initially liked the idea.  I had already posted my info on my website before this even came up.  However the process so far is a little sloppy.

1) I signed up for $30.00 per month.
2) I sent an email to trustindex@coinssource.com with questions
3) The email came back as a form letter response with no answer to my questions
4) My profile on website shows no way to track my verification process
5) CoinsSource.com is a PRIVATE whois registration?!?! and you want my drivers license?

I am about to cancel my subscription as this is looking very half rate.

Judge Crypto

EDIT: Having to fork 30.00 per month just to have someone check this info once is not worth it.  Some reputable site can set something like this up for free as a service.

The email clearly stated your person information, not proxy "JudgeCoin" information. If we verified developers proxy information, it would render the entire trust useless.

Edit: And no, this is a 1 time promo fee. Your verification is for life, the premium membership is a bonus ontop of your verification. This comes with new incorporation and security checks for free when we implement them.

If you need any assistance, there are over 8 different ways you can get in touch with a Coins Source Team member. All our communication channels are readily open and accessible to anyone and everyone.

My Personal Skype: Anaxai
My Personal Email: Thamed@coinssource.com

So, I look back at the response and the answer is completely re-written.  
judgecrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:44:46 AM

Online Privacy Protection Act of 2003 - California Business and Professions Code sections 22575-22579. This law requires operators of commercial web sites or online services that collect personal information on California residents through a web site to conspicuously post a privacy policy on the site and to comply with its policy. The privacy policy must, among other things, identify the categories of personally identifiable information collected about site visitors and the categories of third parties with whom the operator may share the information. The privacy policy must also provide information on the operator’s online tracking practices. An operator is in violation for failure to post a policy within 30 days of being notified of noncompliance, or if the operator either knowingly and willfully or negligently and materially fails to comply with the provisions of its policy. This law takes effect July 1, 2004.

This is CALIFORNIA LAW.  What state are you operating out of?
networkcoinage

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 05:47:09 AM

Of course, everything should be free...I suppose neither one of you devs that are protesting have anything to gain from your hard work?

judgecrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:52:02 AM

Of course, everything should be free...I suppose neither one of you devs that are protesting have anything to gain from your hard work?

The cost is scammy because of the way they word it.

From their website "Once you are a Premium Member, please send an email to TrustIndex@coinssource.com to begin the scoring process. "  It is not a one time fee.  It is a subscription.  This seems like a scammy way to make monthly income.

My primary concern is that an anonymous person or entity is collecting personal information without any sort of personal information policy which shows a complete lack of understanding regarding the legal responsibilities of collecting such information.
judgecrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:57:11 AM

Online Privacy Protection Act of 2003 - California Business and Professions Code sections 22575-22579. This law requires operators of commercial web sites or online services that collect personal information on California residents through a web site to conspicuously post a privacy policy on the site and to comply with its policy. The privacy policy must, among other things, identify the categories of personally identifiable information collected about site visitors and the categories of third parties with whom the operator may share the information. The privacy policy must also provide information on the operator’s online tracking practices. An operator is in violation for failure to post a policy within 30 days of being notified of noncompliance, or if the operator either knowingly and willfully or negligently and materially fails to comply with the provisions of its policy. This law takes effect July 1, 2004.

This is CALIFORNIA LAW.  What state are you operating out of?

This law has nothing to do with our service. We are not collecting any information from our users then ordinary IP addresses and the generic forums of any website data.

This is a paid service to verify the identity of the developers, this is a service not a mandatory collection from our users.
Just because you are unable to get verified with us, do to your reluctance to share you idenity, does not mean you should go on a rampage.

We are more then happy to refund your money, just let us know.

I want to know how you store personal data.  You request people email copies of their drivers licenses.  If your email is compromised every developer will have their drivers license stolen.

Who will you release personal data to and under what circumstances?

These are reasonable questions.

What is your name and location?  You have a private site registration.  If you LOSE or STEAL personal data who can be held accountable?
networkcoinage

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 05:57:55 AM

Your opinion is noted 'judge'. It's time to move on to judge something else...I'm sure there's plenty of other important things to judge around here...
Thanks.

MultiSig

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:59:00 AM

You have a good point, but the 'starving artist' devs deserve a fair chance. Otherwise it just perpetuates the tiered class system we despise in the fiat world.
judgecrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:59:33 AM

Your opinion is noted 'judge'. It's time to move on to judge something else...I'm sure there's plenty of other important things to judge around here...
Thanks.

I am not moving on until I get my questions answered.  Thanks.  
judgecrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:01:02 AM

Thanks.

I want to know how you store personal data.  You request people email copies of their drivers licenses.  If your email is compromised every developer will have their drivers license stolen.

Who will you release personal data to and under what circumstances?

These are reasonable questions.

What is your name and location?  You have a private site registration.  If you LOSE or STEAL personal data who can be held accountable?
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:02:41 AM

Thanks.

All your questions have already been answered. Smiley Thanks for stopping by Judge.

Do research. Not that hard to found out who we are, information sitting right in front of you.
judgecrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:05:13 AM

Thanks.

All your questions have already been answered. Smiley Thanks for stopping by Judge.

My Questions ARE NOT ANSWERED!

1) How do you store personal data.  You request people email copies of their drivers licenses.  If your email is compromised every developer will have their drivers license stolen.

2) Who will you release personal data to and under what circumstances?

3) WHERE IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA POLICY?Huh  You are asking for personal information with no policy?  THAT IS A SCAM!

These are reasonable questions.  What is your name and location?  You have a private site registration.  If you LOSE or STEAL personal data who can be held accountable?
Bitcycle

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:07:38 AM

Thanks.

1) How do you store personal data.  You request people email copies of their drivers licenses.  If your email is compromised every developer will have their drivers license stolen.

3) WHERE IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA POLICY?Huh  You are asking for personal information with no policy?  THAT IS A SCAM!

These are reasonable questions.  What is your name and location?  You have a private site registration.  If you LOSE or STEAL personal data who can be held accountable?

Perhaps if you post the same questions one more time you'll get answers.

But it's more likely you'll just cross over into being stupidly annoying.
judgecrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:09:43 AM

Thanks.

Perhaps if you post the same questions one more time you'll get answers.

But it's more likely you'll just cross over into being stupidly annoying.

The anonymous site owner keeps coming back with the same crap response.  Do you feel drivers license information should be stored in email?  Do you think people or companies that receive personal identification data have a responsibility to let people know how they use that data?
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:12:51 AM

I posted a couple of questions and concerns in the other thread about this, but at the time assumed this service was free. If you plan to charge devs $30 a pop for each application, I see some problems.

Less devs will agree to it for starters. For free, I expect honest devs to at least consider it. But when any group starts charging for verification of some type, it starts to look a bit scammy. Note I am not say this is a scam, just that it may appear less than honest or fair.

The wording on your site is very misleading.

Becoming a Trusted Developer

As a promotional effort to celebrate the launch of our new Premium Membership section, we are offering one free ranking for each new membership. As an additional ‘perk’ for developers, you will be able to open your own dedicated thread on the Coins Source forums.

So after this promo period, do you plan to charge devs plus charge then for a prem. membership too? Or charge them a flat rate outside of being a prem. member?

Why not go with a free model? Simply ask that each trust logo include a link back to CoinsSource and consider it a form of advertising, and you'd make money that way instead, indirectly.
judgecrypto

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:25:29 AM

I posted a couple of questions and concerns in the other thread about this, but at the time assumed this service was free. If you plan to charge devs $30 a pop for each application, I see some problems.

Less devs will agree to it for starters. For free, I expect honest devs to at least consider it. But when any group starts charging for verification of some type, it starts to look a bit scammy. Note I am not say this is a scam, just that it may appear less than honest or fair.

The wording on your site is very misleading.

Becoming a Trusted Developer

As a promotional effort to celebrate the launch of our new Premium Membership section, we are offering one free ranking for each new membership. As an additional ‘perk’ for developers, you will be able to open your own dedicated thread on the Coins Source forums.

So after this promo period, do you plan to charge devs plus charge then for a prem. membership too? Or charge them a flat rate outside of being a prem. member?

Why not go with a free model? Simply ask that each trust logo include a link back to CoinsSource and consider it a form of advertising, and you'd make money that way instead, indirectly.

This is a 1 time fee to get verified. Simple as that.

We haven't charged more then 50% of the developers the fee, yet we've spent over 10 hours trying to verify them in the past few days. Not the mention the efforts that are even going into this from the entire Coins Source Team.

I have no comment against the remark of our site being a scam. I spent the past 6 months day and night working on this Company, and several other Coins Source members have spent equally as much time.

We are the most honest, sincere and trustworthy site that could ever exist. There is not 1 thread not 1 complaint before we started this trust verification against us.

But when we charge a fee for something totally new to the crypto, to progress it forward, to help users, to help you, the end of the world has come..

We are not changing our model, and we will be enforcing our fee due to the amount of reputation we've built and the reputation we are putting forth behind Developers.

We know how to handle this Verification, we've been discussing this amongst ourselves since almost the beginning of Coins Source.

Please refund my fee.  I will be taking my issues to my own thread.
armin22

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:26:24 AM

Reserved

poornamelessme

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:46:12 AM

This is a 1 time fee to get verified. Simple as that.

We haven't charged more then 50% of the developers the fee, yet we've spent over 10 hours trying to verify them in the past few days. Not the mention the efforts that are even going into this from the entire Coins Source Team.

I have no comment against the remark of our site being a scam. I spent the past 6 months day and night working on this Company, and several other Coins Source members have spent equally as much time.

We are the most honest, sincere and trustworthy site that could ever exist. There is not 1 thread not 1 complaint before we started this trust verification against us.

But when we charge a fee for something totally new to the crypto, to progress it forward, to help users, to help you, the end of the world has come..

We are not changing our model, and we will be enforcing our fee due to the amount of reputation we've built and the reputation we are putting forth behind Developers.

We know how to handle this Verification, we've been discussing this amongst ourselves since almost the beginning of Coins Source.

First off, I made a point in my post to say that this didn't mean your site was a scam ... I have your site in my signature, for starters... if I thought it was a scam it wouldn't be there.

I simply said that by charging developers for the verification, that to some it may appear scammy. Sort of like if any coin or project here said, 'Send us money and get our seal of approval. Without it, nobody will trust you or buy your coins.' A person's natural reaction would be, who are these guys and why can we trust them... and if they are charging devs for this seal, are they being completely unbiased and honest?

Again, I think you may do better with a free model, but of course that is up to you. If enough devs signed up and used the trust seal, you'd probably get back whatever time you spent on verifying people anyway, via advertising/links.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 06:55:37 AM

I think that's an awesome idea. The only thing is I think you should re-evaluate your criteria/point system. The first 3 criteria, email address, BTT id and social media could potentially be used as padding because they're not enough to prove anything by themselves. So that if someone displays a score of 3, you still couldn't really trust him/her because the score could be based entirely on the first 3 criteria.
I think your minimum trust score should mean that you're able to identify the person in case he/she defaults. Moving up the trust ladder would then serve to reflect the dev's competence and ability to see the project through.
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:04:02 AM

I think that's an awesome idea. The only thing is I think you should re-evaluate your criteria/point system. The first 3 criteria, email address, BTT id and social media could potentially be used as padding because they're not enough to prove anything by themselves. So that if someone displays a score of 3, you still couldn't really trust him/her because the score could be based entirely on the first 3 criteria.
I think your minimum trust score should mean that you're able to identify the person in case he/she defaults. Moving up the trust ladder would then serve to reflect the dev's competence and ability to see the project through.

I thought the same thing and touched upon those points in the other thread for this. Only the postcard + driver license verification are the ones that really matter. Basically if a coin doesn't get 6/7 or higher, the trust rating probably would be worthless to them. The mobile requirement is also pretty useless and that could be gotten around really easily.

But I can't see any dev signing up for this and paying to get a 3/7 rating or something like that anyway. It's like advertising -- 'We stink, don't trust us' and devs paying for the privilege to advertise that fact.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: