Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:29:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Exchange - CoinGather  (Read 11502 times)
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:51:35 PM

Anyone have any old records that may show the true IP of coingather.com? (It's hidden because cloudflare is in front of it).

I looked up some historical records from 2014, but it seems it was already on cloudflare by then.

This was allready posted before. The true IP is 72.52.151.45
Why are posts disappearing all the time??

It was mentioned in another thread, sure you're not getting confused and thinking the post has been deleted from here?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2454147.0

Anyway, liquidweb has a WHOIS server that may show the owner details of that IP, but it seems to be down right now.

(That's assuming the IP is correct. I don't know how that poster found it.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:59:57 PM

Okay, figured out the WHOIS server, but it doesn't really give any useful information. It just shows the large block of IPs assigned to liquidweb, but with a different name. (Both have the address of 4210 Creyts Road - this appears to be the address of the webhost, not the customer).

Many rwhois servers will show specific customer details for a single IP or small IP range, but in this case it looks like it's a no-go. Again this assumes the IP is correct. If it's an old IP, it's possible it is not allocated to any customer right now, and we're looking in entirely the wrong place.
banananoodles

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:10:43 PM

@almightyruler
thanks you are right, it's in the other thread
QQ6693606

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:30:55 PM

fuck coingather!

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:14:11 PM

watching...
ljiljan02

Activity: 77
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:30:11 PM

still nothing, my 3k Doge are lost forever

almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:13:49 PM

Has anyone tried to trace the biggies (eg BTC, LTC, DOGE) with a block explorer to figure out the hot wallet addresses, to see if any funds have moved since the exchange went offline?

If you deposited or withdrew funds around the time the website died, post a link to the tx in an explorer and we'll see if we can figure it out.

---

Also, saw this on Twitter. No idea if it's legit or trolling.

Update CoinGather was shut down by the FBI a few weeks ago. The owner wasn't hacked or didn't run off with all the coins. He was shutdown because of some licensing issue and is likely silent because of legal concerns. I drove to CSIP (his employment) and this is what I was told.

Source: https://twitter.com/bling_bar/status/937168091242549248
as_Mieszko

Activity: 104
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:39:04 PM

-

Update CoinGather was shut down by the FBI a few weeks ago. The owner wasn't hacked or didn't run off with all the coins. He was shutdown because of some licensing issue and is likely silent because of legal concerns. I drove to CSIP (his employment) and this is what I was told.

I don't think It's true... unfortunately.
In this case, some official information should appear or anything

MaximousDarwin32

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:39:49 PM

Any news regarding this case? Official confirmation? FBI announcement or such?
Long time passed already, and still nothing...

An exchange just disappears, just like that?
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:49:58 PM

I don't have anything to add other than to repeat my request for people to post txids of withdrawals around the time that the exchange disappeared.

That way we can find the hot wallet and see if customer funds have been moved since then.
coinriches

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 05:56:04 PM

I don't have anything to add other than to repeat my request for people to post txids of withdrawals around the time that the exchange disappeared.

That way we can find the hot wallet and see if customer funds have been moved since then.
What time frame from their shutdown can you work with?

BetFury🐥Twitter | 📩 Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay | YouTube 🍿|Instagram🕹Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:19:23 PM

What time frame from their shutdown can you work with?

Sorry, I missed this message. I guess anything is a start, although the older the transaction (or rather, the further away it is from the close date) the more likely it is that the funds will have been reused (legitimately) for other customer's withdrawals, and their transactions etc.
MrZ28s

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:48:49 AM

-

I don't think It's true... unfortunately.
In this case, some official information should appear or anything

I also won't believe it. I wonder what will FBI do with those funds if ever they closed the exchange. FBI should return it to its owners? I think the operator of CoinGather should be filed a case. This is crazy.
fakecryptsynagger

Activity: 375
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:44:54 AM

Cool
Hey Coingather
I don't care your lost , stolen assets or hack .

Just share your coingather database to
HTMLCOIN foundation
They already frozen htmlcoin wallet what you hodl
Far batter
Pm then
With
dev@htmlcoin.team
help@htmlcoin.team

So those owners who trap in CG 
Get their assets back

coinriches

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 09:51:27 AM

Cool
Hey Coingather
I don't care your lost , stolen assets or hack .

Just share your coingather database to
HTMLCOIN foundation
They already frozen htmlcoin wallet what you hodl
Far batter
Pm then
With
dev@htmlcoin.team
help@htmlcoin.team

So those owners who trap in CG 
Get their assets back

Thanks for this important info, and hats off to the team at HTMLcoin. I really do wish other dev teams work this fail safe mechanism into their various chains. Its not enough, on the long run, to be merely 'decentralize' if safety can't be guaranteed (or enforced when the need arises) on your platform.
I learnt NEM did something similar in the wake of the hack that happened recently at a Korean exchange.

BetFury🐥Twitter | 📩 Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay | YouTube 🍿|Instagram🕹Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:08:31 PM

Turns out the FBI thing is for real.  Shocked

Did coingather transact in USD or any other fiat?

http://coingather.com/index.html

https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/cyber/information-on-coingather-com-seizure

March 15, 2018
Information on Coingather.com Seizure
The Coingather.com domain has been seized by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 18 U.S.C. §§ 981, 982, and 1960 upon a probable cause finding by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio that the Coingather domain was used, or was intended to be used, to commit or facilitate criminal violations of 18 U.S.C. § 1960 (Prohibition of unlicensed money transmitting businesses). Please refer back to this page for future updates regarding the status of accounts held on the exchange.
If you would like to file a complaint and have not already done so, please visit www.IC3.gov. Please include in the body of the complaint a reference to “Coingather” and your contact information, including the e-mail address that you originally registered with the exchange.
collapse

Activity: 206
Merit: 102

step forward

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:36:18 AM

So Federal Bureau of Investigation has my coins,..., and has no intention to return it (easy). Not too much difference with scamXchange,..

Elacoin-ELC,Betacoin-BET,Neutroncoin-NTRN,Americancoin-AMC,Stronghands-SHND,Craftcoin-CRC,DOGE,BCH,BTC,...,Bitcoin,...(and a lot more)
Linux updated wallets (source code) for: ELC, BET, AMC, NKT, SLING, CRC,...
[if (blocknumber > 115000) maxblocksize=largerlimit]   [I don't think the threshold should ever be 0.  We should always allow at least some free transactions.]
fakecryptsynagger

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 12:20:48 PM

https://bitrss.com/news/146896/crypto-exchange-civil-asset-forfeiture-and-the-long-tail-of-the-law
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 08:38:25 AM

Interesting read, especially the part about suing property. How is an inanimate object supposed to defend itself?

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/michigan/miedce/2:2019cv12863/342061

Plaintiff:    United States of America
Defendant:    Any and All Cryptocurrency or Other Digital Assets Contained in Virtual Currency Wallets Residing on the Dell PowerEdge Server, Serial Number JNFHSW1 and Dell PowerEdge Server, Serial Number JNFHSW1
fakecryptsynagger

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 10:20:43 AM

Interesting read, especially the part about suing property. How is an inanimate object supposed to defend itself?

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/michigan/miedce/2:2019cv12863/342061

Plaintiff:    United States of America
Defendant:    Any and All Cryptocurrency or Other Digital Assets Contained in Virtual Currency Wallets Residing on the Dell PowerEdge Server, Serial Number JNFHSW1 and Dell PowerEdge Server, Serial Number JNFHSW1

Still fbi not commented ( when asking https://www.theblockcrypto.com/genesis/42655/crypto-exchange-civil-asset-forfeiture-and-the-long-tail-of-the-law
about blockcrypto reports )
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: