Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:28:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The happy BTC circular donation thread  (Read 14619 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sword Smith

Activity: 406
Merit: 286

Neptune, Scalable Privacy

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 10:21:57 AM

I have decided to pass my 1 btc that Risto Pietilä gave me on to the community. I would also like to throw in a little bit myself.

I would like to donate 500 mBTC to Andres Moreno, "Pruden" on this forum, who is running Sirius Iberia together with me, a Spanish Bitcoin broker service. He is one of the most honest and structured persons I know and I look forward to cooperating with him. I would also like to donate 500 mBTC to Vedran Kajic from Croatia, "bSpend" on this forum, whom I met in Copenhagen. He lived here for two weeks where he tried to survive on bitcoins only. He is working on a project of revolutionizing the bitcoin broker business in Croatia and I have made some contacts for him facilitating this (I can't tell yet, it is still a secret). I would like to support a growing Bitcoin interest in Croatia. Vedran also runs bSpend which is a bitcoin market place.

Last but not least, I would like to donate some bitcoins to the person that has given me the most contacts, given me a lot of awesome experience, and has presented me to a lot of economic and monetary theory. That guy is Risto Pietilä. Without him, I would never have met Andrés Moreno, Jeremias Kangas, Michael Dupree, Otto de Voogd and many others. Therefore I would like to donate 1 bitcoin to Risto Pietilä.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 07:42:52 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 07:59:35 PM by serje

This is a welcome initiative to inject some kindness in this world (and I don't say this only because I am one of the prime recipient). So thank you Risto for starting this chain.

(updated after Risto's reply)

What I will do with this money:
  • 600 mBTC: for me, converted in XMR. This may looks like I am a greedy bastard, but this will be used that way:
    • 100 mBTC for myself - I'm considering buying half Monero and half NXT with them, or maybe 1/3 XMR, 1/3 NXT, 1/3 BTC - or maybe full XMR Smiley
    • 300 mBTC for taking care of family (1/3 to my mother, 1/3 to my sister, 1/3 to my brother). I will keep this part in my wallet until the official GUI wallet is released. Then I will give them their Moneroj, that will be their first steps into cryptocurrencies and hopefully in some years the beginning a better life
    • 200 mBTC to spread the word, i.e. someone I know IRL who doesn't know cryptocurrencies already, that I appreciate and whose quality of life would benefit from it. That will be my concierge, so that he learns about BTC and XMR and, hopefully one day, he won't have to be concierge for a living anymore. Here also, I will keep the money until the official GUI wallet is released.
  • 400 mBTC to thre Cryptolanders that I trust to continue the chain and at the same time would benefit from my help (could not find any)

BTC address: 1w8aCciZ6md67VpUMVfXKqrzZzjAyPAcA

Well I only got 80mBTC but I will keep 40mBTC to get monero and with the rest I will divide it equally between all the people who posted on my locked thread and wished me a happy birthday!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482813.0;all

All the people who wished me a happy birthday will receive an equal amount!
Also they must have their BTC address in their signature OR profile!

Thanks again for giving me the honor of beeing part of something this big!

I counted them and there are only 5 valid ones as for the 6th I don't know what it is Smiley
so 40mBTC will be split equally between them
Cryptopher - 12oPBTzXnrsXD6kWoFcZ6tmzxgygpSzp1b
Kiki112 -1LXyBkFNGcbdFqgTLVx2ZG2xySq2wps5iD
jodybay - 15ND18k8VQ1LY1MH6G44VATEFfCw1CYBqG
krishatnet -  1E35Qm7uxMq37Yd9G8ecQnDBbdNa8m3pb
ManeBjorn - 1FtznNFTNotQqvPtiZhPGPEW4u8WxagaHZ
tjkurtisss -  6d36246a-fc42-493f-afef-46936974c2bf (I NEED HELP HERE!!!! What is this?)

Space for rent if its still trending
bSpend

Activity: 335
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:12:49 AM

I have decided to pass my 1 btc that Risto Pietilä gave me on to the community. I would also like to throw in a little bit myself.

I would like to donate 500 mBTC to Andres Moreno, "Pruden" on this forum, who is running Sirius Iberia together with me, a Spanish Bitcoin broker service. He is one of the most honest and structured persons I know and I look forward to cooperating with him. I would also like to donate 500 mBTC to Vedran Kajic from Croatia, "bSpend" on this forum, whom I met in Copenhagen. He lived here for two weeks where he tried to survive on bitcoins only. He is working on a project of revolutionizing the bitcoin broker business in Croatia and I have made some contacts for him facilitating this (I can't tell yet, it is still a secret). I would like to support a growing Bitcoin interest in Croatia. Vedran also runs bSpend which is a bitcoin market place.

Last but not least, I would like to donate some bitcoins to the person that has given me the most contacts, given me a lot of awesome experience, and has presented me to a lot of economic and monetary theory. That guy is Risto Pietilä. Without him, I would never have met Andrés Moreno, Jeremias Kangas, Michael Dupree, Otto de Voogd and many others. Therefore I would like to donate 1 bitcoin to Risto Pietilä.

Thank you Risto for coming up with this great idea, and Sword Smith for the generous donation, I really appreciate it. Here is how I'd like to split up my 500 mBTC:

100 mBTC to Manfred Macx who is doing a great job helping to run http://crobitcoin.com Bitcoin news portal
50 mBTC to stick as I often use http://coinmap.org/
350 mBTC I'd like sent to myself ( 1B2VW51LweF2f74xo4bqvnGCdcByLCtX5i ) that I'll distribute accordingly: 200 mBTC will go to Klemo Vladimir (not registered on this forum), Bspend developer who himself doesn't have any bitcoins yet! 50 mBTC I'll give to Ivan Simurina (also not on the forum) who is helping promote Bitcoin in Croatia. 100 mBTC I'll use to pay a part of monthly http://www.bspend.com hosting

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Pruden

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

Spanish Bitcoin trader

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:44:56 AM

I would like to donate 500 mBTC to Andres Moreno, "Pruden" on this forum, who is running Sirius Iberia together with me, a Spanish Bitcoin broker service. He is one of the most honest and structured persons I know and I look forward to cooperating with him.
Thank you, socioSmiley I am humbled.

I would like to donate 200 mBTC to joesmoe2012 for the inspiring entrepeneurship he and others like him practice all over the world. 50 mBTC go back to Thorkil (Sword Smith) as token recognition to his unwaveringly sympathetic, honest and encouraging character, helping start businesses all over Europe as I speak.

The rest, 250 mBTC, I shall keep (1PWXzXgGPHKaiZcM2hZKgBkJz1LBVx6rCV) to help promote Sirius Iberia, whose effects should revert to the Bitcoin world as the first professional Bitcoin brokering firm in Spain.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 07:31:00 AM

Again, I still can't get over the value that this gift has already just given me in feeling Grin
Thank you (again, again, again...)!
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 08:26:40 PM

I don't know many people on this forum, but still I'd like to pass on

--> 50mBTC to GameKyuubi

for the invention of the most important word in Bitcoin history: "HODLING"

Thanks for the nomination Wink

You will always be remembered for inventing the concept "hodling".

Thank you  Cheesy

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 06:34:34 PM

I am leaving today for India!  Thank you so much Risto for your contribution towards this trip! I will pray your generous gift will be rewarded 100X!  We will be there 13 days and we are installing 7 water well throughout parts of Andrah Pradesh, hosting a medical camp and providing food clothing for a colony of people suffering from leprosy, and hosting a large women's conference for 500 women.  I am singing a song for them in Telugu called Sada Kalamuu Neto Nenu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f889BequyzQ. I will also be speaking a bit there too.  I am even going to tell the founder of Harvest India to check out Unocoin and look into taking some Bitcoin donations. 

See you in a couple weeks!   Smiley

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 06:54:20 PM

I am leaving today for India!  Thank you so much Risto for your contribution towards this trip! I will pray your generous gift will be rewarded 100X!  We will be there 13 days and we are installing 7 water well throughout parts of Andrah Pradesh, hosting a medical camp and providing food clothing for a colony of people suffering from leprosy, and hosting a large women's conference for 500 women.  I am singing a song for them in Telugu called Sada Kalamuu Neto Nenu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f889BequyzQ. I will also be speaking a bit there too.  I am even going to tell the founder of Harvest India to check out Unocoin and look into taking some Bitcoin donations. 

See you in a couple weeks!   Smiley

Much blessing for your trip! Funny that you also go to Andhra Pradesh, where I was on a mission trip exactly 10 years ago, in November 2004! Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
uvwvj

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:07:56 PM

Come back in here to see Bitchicks posts as I have Off-Topic blocked here.

Also still doing a great job Risto!  & to you you Bitchick be careful and do good things.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:13:06 AM

Just got back from India!  The trip was everything I had hoped it would be and more. The women's conference we hosted was so well received that by the third night we had about 1000 women in attendance and they were so touched by us doing that for them.  We also hosted a medical camp with food distribution for 350 lepers.  So hard to believe that leprosy is still a problem in some parts of the world.  We put in water wells, two at elementary schools and the others at little village churches.  We visited orphanages, a home for women bought out of the sex trade, and elderly homes. Everywhere we went we were treated like celebrities there.  I guess it is unusual for blond women to walk around there.  Just smiling and shaking their hands or giving the women a hug made some of them tear up.   It was so humbling.  There is still plenty of needs there.  This particular organization is really growing and working on building more colleges to provide education and a chance for a better life for the children in that area.  If anyone is interested in donating I highly recommend going to www.harvestindia.org and checking it out.  They do not waste any funds from what I observed and the money received really impacts people that desperately need it. It really is shocking the standard of living there compared to what we have in the United States.  Something as simple as a clean public restroom is not even available even in the cities.  I foolishly thought that there would at least be Mcdonalds sprinkled throughout the cities we were in.  In Hyderabad I did see a few, but not in Vijiwada or Tenali. 

What was interesting is that everyone appears to have cell phones.  Many vendors do not take credit cards and Bitcoin could be a huge help to the people in these villages if they were introduced to it.  It will be interesting to go back there in a few years and see if things have changed in payments there from what it is now. 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 10:35:52 PM

That has to be life-changing Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
bitcoinvest
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1000

13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:02:44 PM

Like Bitcoin did to our lives:) (and altcoins!) for all of us we are in the community, and not only!

EDIT: I found this donation amazing. Well Done!!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:27:51 AM

Like Bitcoin did to our lives:) (and altcoins!) for all of us we are in the community, and not only!

EDIT: I found this donation amazing. Well Done!!

Now, that's an interesting bump! My cursor tripped over your sig on its way to the post box where I'm penning this post about your bump being interesting.
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 04:48:29 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2015, 06:36:57 PM by vokain

I choose you five:
Macsga
Rpietila
NewLiberty
Its About Sharing
Otoh

1BTC each (for now), should you choose to accept the responsibility.
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 05:30:55 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2015, 06:36:05 PM by vokain

I choose you five:
Macsga
Rpietila
NewLiberty
Its About Sharing
Otoh

With another 5, I would like to see if Shelby Henry Moore III can find a better use for it than how it is now.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 07:24:36 PM

With another 5, I would like to see if Shelby Henry Moore III can find a better use for it than how it is now.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355212.msg11246754#msg11246754

vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 07:35:22 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355212.msg11246754#msg11246754

I'll be here waiting Smiley
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 06:35:00 AM

I choose you five:
Macsga
Rpietila
NewLiberty
Its About Sharing
Otoh

rpietila will have to update the OP here with this magnanimity!

There's been a recent kerfuffle that there aren't enough women in Bitcoin.  I'd suggest the broader issue that there aren't enough people in Bitcoin... but that aside, one simple thing would be to put more bitcoin in the wallets/purses of... women in bitcoin, and so,

To make it even more fun, here are the twitter addresses so that you can use @changtip to send it which might further popularize this great idea of circular donations to even more folks.

So we can start with Victoria Van Eyk of @changetip and a few others I know and see where it goes from there:

50mXBT @victoriavaneyk
50mXBT @AnnaKNonE
50mXBT @BitcoinBelle
50mXBT @GiaJordan
50mXBT @mklords
50mXBT @ioptio
50mXBT @SkyCorridors
50mXBT @pinguino
50mXBT @queentatiana
50mXBT @bitcoinmama
50mXBT @julia_vaingurt
50mXBT @PerianneDC
50mXBT @BraveTheWorld
50mXBT @coin_artist
50mXBT @kymmer7691
50mXBT @conniegallippi
50mXBT @paigefreeman
50mXBT @haydentiff
50mXBT @Catheryne_N
50mXBT @rhian_is

Many of these women are involved with charities and all are good causes.  There are a LOT I've left out, but it is already getting to be so so many that it gets diluted to the point of not being so meaningful anyway. 

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 06:48:46 AM

Cheers! Great job everyone Smiley
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:09:55 AM

I don't know what amount I need but I am going to help the Earthquake Victims Of My Country With the Bitcoins! I already donated 0.155BTC to a group of volunteers working at Gorkha!Now I have no BTC's left! That 0.15 BTC were all earnings from signature campaigns and help from Jake! I can post pictures after the money has been received and relief materials has been bought with the bitcoins! I still didn't clearly get this thread! As far as I understand, I think this thread is for helping for good! If I am wrong, please feel free to delete my post!
BTC address: 12eZVGQXywuY1S42xXDojpJ9j1R52gSvLN
Thanks!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: